Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cross-Platform Trine 2
4. Re: Cross-Platform Trine 2 Nov 26, 2011, 17:39 Zadig

I haven't finished even half of my 150+ steam games, so Trine has lots of company in the neglected games lounge. At least it got installed!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer
26. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Nov 26, 2011, 17:32 Zadig

Warhammer had something like 900k people in the beta. The big name WoWclones are never short of hype or players prior to launch.  

News Comments > On Sale
36. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 08:54 Zadig

Deus Ex 3 can wait until all the content is under $20. I thought about Liberty City but I still haven't finished GTAIV, so I won't be buying any of today (yesterdays) sales. I'm hoping they match the Amazon price of Witcher 2, if not I'll get it there.

BF3 was $30 on Amazon yesterday.

News Comments > Cross-Platform Trine 2
2. Re: Cross-Platform Trine 2 Nov 25, 2011, 13:08 Zadig

I wish I could bring myself to finish the first one, but I can never seem to click "play game" in steam. Something else always gets picked.  

News Comments > Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions
15. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 25, 2011, 13:06 Zadig

Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 13:10:
I'm curious to hear your reasons. Personally, I'm a bit annoyed at the required on-line connect for a game I want to play as a single player. However, I'm probably going to give in and play it.

My biggest cause for concern is the passage of time. Diablo 2 is 11 years old. The gameplay as it was (very few quests, linear gameworld, incredible grind in the expansion) won't appeal to many people who've been spoiled by WoW. If they 'modernize' things, I'm certain it will be made more like WoW, which is a game I don't want to play. In hindsight the D2 expansion was a WoW prototype - skill timers and emphasizing levels & items over character (or player!) skills. So I see many ways for Blizzard to lose the magic formula of Diablo.

I also haven't played D2 in at least 5 years and am worried it may not hook me even if it's good. I used to love RTS games but have hardly played them since Rise of Nations got old. I never even thought about getting Starcraft 2.

News Comments > On Sale
26. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2011, 09:47 Zadig

Already had VVVVVV so I gifted it to someone who will probably never play it. No other definite buys for me and am only really considering New Vegas. It's definitely cheap enough but Steam says I only logged 6 hours with Fallout 3, largely because the story and characters were completely forgettable. A bland, lifeless Fallout simply isn't Fallout. This sounds better though:

Jerykk wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 19:26:
FNV had exponentially better writing than FO3. The characters and the world itself were much better developed and much more believable. The game was also much more open-ended. In fact, it's more open-ended than about 90% of RPGs out there. Almost every quest had branching paths and you could choose your own end goal. Stealth, violence and diplomacy were equally viable approaches for most quests as well, truly letting you roleplay.

News Comments > Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions
11. Re: Diablo III Stackable Item Auctions Nov 23, 2011, 17:55 Zadig

I really wish there were any alternatives to satisfy my Diablo cravings. I loved the game many years ago, but I'm not going back and am ambivalent about this version yet there hasn't been anything even trying to fill the void for years. Except Torchlight, which was more demo than game.

Perhaps one of the many developers making awful WoWclones would like to try copying a different Blizzard game? There's actually a market for modern Diablo.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
16. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 23, 2011, 17:45 Zadig

Portal 2 going on a big sale right when I have some time to actually play it? Serendipity! Orcs must die looks neat. Will have to give the demo a whirl.  

News Comments > DOOM III Source Code Released
26. Re: DOOM III Source Code Released Nov 23, 2011, 17:36 Zadig

Doom 3 was terrible. Bad level design, monster closets, couldn't see anything but still ran poorly, no story, etc. It was so markedly inferior to Half Life 2 that I'm bewildered Carmack isn't washing cars by now. I don't see how any 'mod' can fix all that.  

News Comments > DC Universe Online F2P Data
2. Re: DC Universe Online F2P Data Nov 22, 2011, 06:25 Zadig

not if they only had 11 subscribers.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 20, 2011, 09:26 Zadig

I would've depopulated Morrowind with all the arrows I shot at cliff racers.  

News Comments > The Secret World Templar Trailer
1. Re: The Secret World Templar Trailer Nov 19, 2011, 07:17 Zadig

This continues to look interesting. After the debacle of Conan, it's nice to see them try to make something that isn't another awful WoWclone. Though I'd prefer an Anarchy Online reboot, this can't be worse than The Old Republic!  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears
4. Re: World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears Nov 19, 2011, 07:10 Zadig

I cancelled my account in early 2006 so I'd have enough time for Oblivion. It wasn't very good and got forgotten quickly, but I never did go back to WoW or any of the clones.  

News Comments > Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting
39. Re: Jurassic Park Metacritic Boosting Nov 19, 2011, 07:06 Zadig

While this obviously isn't a good thing, I don't pay any attention to metacritic so don't care if the numbers are rigged. Demos, sales, and Rock Paper Shotgun determine whether I buy a game. Sometimes Bluesnews comments push me in the right (or wrong) direction too.  

News Comments > Origin/EA Bans Follow-up
24. Re: Origin/EA Bans Follow-up Nov 18, 2011, 07:33 Zadig

InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 06:22:
How many of you who posted here bought Battlefield3? Now how many of those who did buy it hate EA with a passion?

I hate to break it to you guys, but you are the reason why EA will continue to poke you (and all of its other customers) with its pointy end in the ass indefinitely...

I sure didn't. The only EA series I remember playing this year are Mass Effect & The Sims. Both were bought for peanuts and were disappointing enough that I'm not sure I'd play future ones. I'll never use Origin as long as Steam & Amazon still exist.

News Comments > Origin/EA Bans Follow-up
23. Re: Origin/EA Bans Follow-up Nov 18, 2011, 07:31 Zadig

I like how EA is trying to tie the bans to cheating (...in our games...) when they're the result of forum posts. As has already been stated, nothing said in a forum should result in anything more severe than a forum ban.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Girl with a Heart of
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Girl with a Heart of Nov 18, 2011, 07:02 Zadig

If this was on Steam I'd buy it.  

News Comments > EVE Online: Crucible This Month
9. Re: EVE Online: Crucible This Month Nov 17, 2011, 06:39 Zadig

The Sims in space feature was horribly designed. They honestly seemed to believe dolls + cash shop + no actual content would = huge numbers of new subscribers to a viscerally unfriendly spreadsheet game. Oops!

"Time dilation" and a ship re-balancing that neuters level 85 flying mounts are the most interesting big changes. It took about 5 years before they added a skill queue, so 7 for a modern UI is par for the user-friendly course with CCP.

News Comments > Stardock Titles on Steam
11. Re: Stardock Titles on Steam Nov 17, 2011, 06:31 Zadig

Yay. I'd been wanting to get this but a refusal to use impulse, and Amazon not having it for download either, meant waiting patiently for this day to arrive.  

News Comments > Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin
21. Re: Capcom, Free Burnout Paradise (U.K.) Join Origin Nov 16, 2011, 19:56 Zadig

Steam & Amazon already fill all my gaming needs, so I have no reason to ever touch this garbage.  

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo