Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
5. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 27, 2012, 15:40 Zadig

This always makes me think of Quarantine. Doing violent missions to improve your car while listening to music seems like a pretty safe bet for a game today, so I'm not sure why it hasn't been 'reincarnated' too.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed May 27, 2012, 13:34 Zadig

Paying millions for 'aaa' writers to create lore for them was a really bad idea. Warcraft (the only game they cared about), Half Life, Fallout, Deus Ex, System Shock, etc didn't need to do that. Those developers had good ideas and wanted to tell an interesting story in their games. 38 Studios had people who were only interested in making a WoWclone.

They were aware that Warcraft had 10 years of commercially successful "lore", so they tried to shortcut that by effectively licensing it - just like the other WoWclones did with Conan, LoTR, Star Wars. It was never going to work.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie
13. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 27, 2012, 13:08 Zadig

Jerykk wrote on May 26, 2012, 22:38:
Really wish this took a more open-ended approach to level design ala STALKER. It feels like such a waste to have this interesting setting but not being able to explore it because the game is so linear and scripted.

Stalker never clicked with me due to too much trial and error, while Metro was too linear. A Russian Fallout was what I was hoping for. Even just letting you revisit the Metro stations and some optional areas to explore would've been nice.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2012, 15:53 Zadig

The saddest thing is that even if Kingdoms sold better, they'd just have gone down in even bigger flames when they launched their WoWclone. This whole company was doomed from the start.  

News Comments > Minecraft Sells 6M
8. Re: Minecraft Sells 6M May 26, 2012, 09:57 Zadig

It's nice to see someone be very successful by making a different type of game.  

News Comments > The Secret World Delay; Beta Details
10. Re: The Secret World Delay; Beta Details May 26, 2012, 08:47 Zadig

I think Conan is to blame for this, and probably every other funcom problem. Instead of wasting a lot of time and money making a doomed WoWclone, a small portion of those resources could've been used to refresh Anarchy Online and add a lot of polish to Secret World. It's sad to see original ideas die on the vine because an awful WoWclone got all the fertilizer.  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
38. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 08:08 Zadig

Creston wrote on May 23, 2012, 00:30:
To be fair, most outfits just make you choose from a pre-selected 6 or 8 options, and they'll all retardedly easy questions to figure out about somebody.

There's very few places that allow you to specify both the answer as well as the question.

Creston

While you can't choose the questions, the answers don't have to be logical and should certainly never, ever, be anything found on facebook or in search engines. No hacking or social engineering will discover that Bobby Kotick was the maid of honor at your wedding.

News Comments > Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed
14. Re: Take-Two Financials - XCOM Shooter Delayed May 23, 2012, 07:51 Zadig

InBlack wrote on May 23, 2012, 07:30:
Management Fail is what I call it, anything other than a remake of the original was/is bound to fail. Oldschoolers will shun it for its heresy, and newschoolers are clueless as to what the fuck its supposed to be anyway.

Yes, that's why the Syndicate 'remake' was sure to fail too. It would be nice if the idiot developers would learn something from this besides "those old game franchises don't sell, we need to make more generic console shooters and wowclones".

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - EVE Online Inferno
2. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - EVE Online Inferno May 23, 2012, 05:50 Zadig

I want to start playing again, but my Steam backlog is so large that I'd feel guilty if I did. Maybe after I finish Deus Ex HR, Witcher 2, and New Vegas. Or at least 2 of them.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
74. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 23, 2012, 05:43 Zadig

After the failure of all the previous 'AAA' licensed WoWclones - Conan, Lotro, Warhammer, etc - it was obvious this was a really bad idea, but I'm glad that didn't stop Bioware from flushing a few hundred million dollars down the toilet to prove it.  

News Comments > New Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Beta & Trailer
6. Re: New Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Beta & Trailer May 17, 2012, 08:04 Zadig

Except for doubling the number of factions by introducing the splinter groups, this doesn't seem much different than the earlier ones. I wish some other devs would make RTS games again. The genre just died years ago when everything got sucked into the MMO vortex.  

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
10. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 17, 2012, 07:53 Zadig

The $75 million probably disappeared into the WoWclone they were working on. They're very expensive for something that's guaranteed to be a disaster!

For the studio itself: a bad company making bad products should go out of business, but if they have enough political connections it won't be allowed to happen.

News Comments > The Old Republic Free Weekend
18. Re: The Old Republic Free Weekend May 16, 2012, 20:21 Zadig

Just like Conan, LOTRO, Warhammer, and all the other awful WoWclones, this game died incredibly fast. If it wasn't Bioware I'd be tempted to feel sorry that they wasted an ungodly amount of money making this predictable disaster, but they richly deserve it.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warlock - Master of the Arcane
24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Warlock - Master of the Arcane May 9, 2012, 06:42 Zadig

I tried the steam demo a couple times and it always hung on a black screen during startup.  

News Comments > Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer
27. Re: Diablo III Witch Doctor Trailer Apr 25, 2012, 08:04 Zadig

eunichron wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 14:35:
Not sure if stress testers had access to the beta forums or not, but there was a post not too long ago that said Nightmare and Hell difficulty will ramp up obscenely, and that crowd control will be essential to defeating them.

The developers didn't think Diablo 2 would become a farming simulator with players able to solo-8 hell mode continually spamming their abilities, but that's what the game turned into and probably what made it so popular. If they really do change it I doubt they'll make as many people happy, though it would be the ultimate irony if Blizzard ruined a promising game by trying to make it more like WoW.

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
150. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 22, 2012, 12:09 Zadig

Made it to level 5 with a monk and just stopped playing. The barely remembered Diablo magic wasn't there and many worrying signs were, but I was curious to try another class to see if it got better. Too bad I haven't been able to reconnect!  

News Comments > Syndicate Released on GOG.com
7. Re: Syndicate Released on GOG.com Jan 21, 2012, 07:25 Zadig

I remember finding the Atlantic Accelerator mission to be easier with only 1 person, but I don't recall needing to regularly break up my squad for tactical reasons like the Jagged Alliance games.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Footage
7. Re: Mass Effect 3 Footage Jan 21, 2012, 07:21 Zadig

Mass Effect 1 & 2 are the only Bioware games I ever bothered to finish so I was vaguely looking forward to this, but hyping c-list actors is worrying. It makes me think of all the bad FMV games from the 90's.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2011, 18:03 Zadig

Was excited by the Limbo sale but tried the demo first. Endless trial & error gameplay and the glaucoma-scope got old very fast. Glad I tried before I bought.

Grabbed Witcher 2 from Amazon at $16 and got a '$5 off another game purchase in January' voucher. Nice deal.

News Comments > On CD Projekt RED's "AAA+" Projekts
9. Re: On CD Projekt RED's Nov 26, 2011, 17:59 Zadig

Based upon their past experience, they may even decide to license a famous novel or movie as the basis for their IP.

Oh please don't license anything that anyone has ever heard of. All the games they cite as "good" - Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Fallout, Deus Ex - are original IP. A good game doesn't need "Star Wars" or "Lord of the Rings" on the box to sell, and if it's bad that won't save it.

I think they mean another unknown Pole anyway, but it would be terrible to see them doing licensed schlock.

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo