Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Slight Tropico 3 Delay?
2. Re: Slight Tropico 3 Delay? Aug 26, 2009, 16:26 Zadig

Reasons for the delay

A) Not enough 25 man raid instances ready for launch
B) Major class imbalances ruining PVP
C) To prevent me from playing a fun looking game that Iím interested in

Iím leaning towards C.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Molyneux on Bullfrog Revivals
7. Re: Molyneux on Bullfrog Revivals Aug 26, 2009, 16:13 Zadig

I canít remember anything about the second Syndicate game besides it was ďtoo hardĒ. Since I soloed the Atlantic Accelerator map in the first one, something had clearly gone terribly wrong with the sequel.

If EA continues the series it will be a Peggle clone for the original gameboy.

News Comments > Turbine Sues Atari over DDO
6. Re: Turbine Sues Atari over DDO Aug 26, 2009, 15:49 Zadig

Lord of the Rings is the patriarch of the fantasy genre and Dungeons and Dragons is probably the best IP you could license; a well developed gaming system with a huge fanbase and no iconic characters to get in the way. That Turbine did so little with both of these titles is very damning.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2009, 09:45 Zadig

Besides, I always give my discards to my buddy who can't afford to keep buying new cards, so he can at least keep up with the modern games.

+1 Karma

News Comments > Commandos to Return
7. Re: Commandos to Return Aug 25, 2009, 09:27 Zadig

The first game straddled the fine line between fun and frustrating with all the silly limitations. Only one of them was strong enough to move bodies, only one was capable of using vehicles, the sniper forgot to bring more than 3 bullets, etc. It was still mostly enjoyable but I never bothered with the sequels.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Aug 25, 2009, 09:22 Zadig

My praise is for the retrospectives and other feature articles. The reviews are subject to the same problems all the gaming sites have, but I love to read good write-ups of old games (since the reviewers donít have to lie anymore!) and that doesnít happen at most sites.  

News Comments > Empire Total War Still Being Fixed
14. Re: Empire Total War Still Being Fixed Aug 25, 2009, 09:14 Zadig

CA reminds me of EA Sports games. They release the same game every year with a minor graphical update while the core gameplay remains broken.

The only one I spent any time playing was Rome. Diplomacy and economics were negligible and the strategic AI was hopeless. The tactical battles played out like a bad 90ís RTS, but they did look good which is all most players seem to care about.

News Comments > etc.
1. Retrospective: Planescape Torment Aug 24, 2009, 09:37 Zadig

Another nice retrospective. The writing at Eurogamer and Rock Paper Shotgun is so much better than any of the game sites I used to read.  

News Comments > Previews
3. Re: Previews Aug 24, 2009, 09:22 Zadig

Iím happy they ignored the second game and remade the first one. I also canít imagine it ever being turned into an MMO which is another plus.  

News Comments > StarCraft II LAN Still a Possibility
37. Re: StarCraft II LAN Still a Possibility Aug 24, 2009, 09:11 Zadig

LAN play is about convenience, no latency, and voluntary segregation. While I enjoyed Diablo very much, I did not enjoy the battlenet experience. My best times with those games were on a LAN with people I actually like rather than on B-net surrounded by neglected children with learning disabilities.  

News Comments > Diablo III Interviews
12. Re: Diablo III Interviews Aug 24, 2009, 08:51 Zadig

Guild Wars has an ďitem is reserved for XĒ system so an item can only be grabbed by a specific player. Presumably this is where Hellgate stole it from. That and a shared stash are mandatory for D3.  

News Comments > Blizzard Release Plans, SC2 Beta This Year
15. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 23, 2009, 11:30 Zadig

Yeah it was pure awesome watching people do Baal, Mephisto, et al "runs" for years of their lives. They'd get bored after a few months, a patch would arrive and recharge them for another 6 months or so.

Then WoW came and proved that there were even lower lows.

I donít even know what point youíre trying to make. I played Diablo with friends a few times and had a lot of fun. It had nothing to do with the graphics. Iím hoping D3 will still be fun. Thereís nothing controversial here.

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Uncouth Facebook postings closing doors Aug 23, 2009, 11:19 Zadig

If I search for my name, the third thing that comes up is a Facebook photo of some drunken idiot holding a cup of beer. Nothing in the first 100 results is connected to me in anyway though Iím sure any future employers will be convinced theyíre all me.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Video Walkthrough
24. Re: The Old Republic Video Walkthrough Aug 23, 2009, 11:12 Zadig

Lightsabers/Jedi are the problem with Star Wars games. If you make them incredibly powerful, then there is no reason to play another class. If you make it balanced then you get embarrassing stuff like KOTOR where a Jedi can be killed by a goat or some guy with a stick. The best solution would be to make them very rare or simply non-playable, but the megalomaniacs will go berserk if they canít have their ďiconicĒ experience.

After watching the videos, I think this is a console game. Thereís nothing unique here and lots of garbage: regenerating health, perpetual meaningless combat, and comic book dialogue. I especially like how each party member is free to make random choices to determine the outcome of a quest. The pug horror stories will be the most entertaining thing about the game.

12. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 20:23 Zadig

Diablo isnít about the graphics. Itís basically Nethack with 16 colors and a primitive UI. The hook is in the gameplay. Some of the best times I ever had with games were playing D1/D2 with some friends.  

News Comments > WoW Cataclysm Videos
9. Re: WoW Cataclysm Videos Aug 21, 2009, 20:18 Zadig

Archaeology sounds like the Scholar profession in LoTRO. You harvested trash from nodes in ruins and made trinkets like scrolls, dyes, and potions. Since vanilla WoW already had alchemy presumably itíll be the scrolls and dyes.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Trailer
1. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Trailer Aug 21, 2009, 19:50 Zadig

For some inexplicable reason I just canít seem to care about this game even though Iíve been an avid RPG player since Ultima. Oh wait, I know the reason. Itís because Bioware are hacks.  

News Comments > Into the Black?
3. Re: Into the Black? Aug 21, 2009, 19:45 Zadig

Your dedication to gorging us with game news while youíre stuck in the dark ages is appreciated.  

News Comments > Avatar: The Game Trailer
15. Re: Avatar: The Game Trailer Aug 21, 2009, 18:10 Zadig

That looked awful. Night Elves versus Halo.  

7. Re: SC2 Beta This Year Aug 21, 2009, 17:57 Zadig

I might not be playing D3 before 2011?! Thatís very sad news. Starcraft never hooked me, and Iím definitely not interested in WoW.  

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo