Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II Trailer
7. Re: Eschalon: Book II Trailer Feb 24, 2010, 07:49 Zadig

The graphics look like Jagged Alliance 2. The first one needs a Steam sale.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
1. Study: Women love games but fear social stigmas Feb 17, 2010, 20:45 Zadig

They could change "women" to "socially active adults" and reach the same conclusion.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2010, 20:40 Zadig

I don't know what it is with kids today, but after almost ten years in the suburbs I've given up on having kids show up looking to be hired to clear the sidewalk, as it has only happened one time since we've lived here.

I'd forgotten that kids actually did that years ago. I haven't seen it in a long time either.

News Comments > BioWare: The Old Republic is KOTOR 3-8
34. Re: BioWare: The Old Republic is KOTOR 3-8 Feb 17, 2010, 20:36 Zadig

Where EVE fails as an RPG however is in a person coming into the game having an engaging experience unless they have friends waiting for them or are quickly absorbed into predefined roles/corporations. The griefing in the game is unreal. I've seen squads of player characters so powerful that they blow through security set up shop in the n00b zones and simply devastate beginning characters.

This isn't true. You can solo in the hundreds of high security systems without serious danger. The police there will destroy any lawbreakers quite quickly. New players who stay in the noob corps (and don't act like idiots!) are not likely to be attacked by other players.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Feb 17, 2010, 20:16 Zadig

The genre has boiled down to two general kinds of MMOs: 1) fantasy MMOs that are basically WoW clones, and 2) games that are dying, dead, or with subscription numbers so small, they're on life support.

EVE?

News Comments > Diablo III Female Barbarian Unveiled
18. Diablo Episodic content Feb 17, 2010, 08:40 Zadig

It always irked me that Act 4 was so much shorter than the others. If it was done as episodes it would've had a similar number of waypoints, zones, townsfolk, quests, etc.  

News Comments > King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame Patched
3. Re: King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame Patched Feb 17, 2010, 08:27 Zadig

I never managed to finish the demo. There was nothing overtly wrong with it, but the "Total War" games aren't my favorite thing and I wasn't interested in the fantasy setting either.

If you like the TW series and Arthurian legend, then this will be a "You got your chocolate in my peanut butter" moment.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 17, 2010, 08:15 Zadig

I knew it was the year of the tiger from the "Canthan" (Chinese) New Year event in Guild Wars. It was weird to see 140+ active districts in Shing Jea Monastery on Sunday.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 21:42 Zadig

I enjoyed the combat and the RPG system, but the diplomacy & RTS elements are very broken and they stopped patching it long ago. An expansion is supposedly coming that'll fix things.

If all you want is "Battlefield 942", then it's fun for a week or two.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Legal Briefs Feb 12, 2010, 07:47 Zadig

In North America it's Netflix that is killing Blockbuster, but I guess it's easier to blame piracy.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 12, 2010, 07:38 Zadig

Every consumer wants to pay a lower price for their goods, just like every employee wants to be paid a higher wage for their labor. It's an axiomatic part of running a business so it's fitting that most businesses are unaware of it.  

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Feb 12, 2010, 07:35 Zadig

That's a really nice deal but I still haven't finished SoC. I forgot how time consuming an actual open world RPG can be.  

News Comments > Cities XL Online Closing - Cities XL 2011 Revealed
10. Re: Cities XL Online Closing - Cities XL 2011 Revealed Jan 28, 2010, 18:48 Zadig

The "City Life" game was fun for awhile but taking the MMO route was clearly not a great idea.  

News Comments > 5 Cut System Shock 2 and BioShock Features
3. Re: 5 Cut System Shock 2 and BioShock Features Jan 27, 2010, 14:17 Zadig

Some of The Many also ran around with guns so it seems rather counterproductive to sabotage weapons they were using themselves.

I think it's simply a case of the developers still refusing to admit that it was a bad idea.

News Comments > The Secret World Viral Website
5. Re: The Secret World Viral Website Jan 25, 2010, 14:08 Zadig

Innsmouth was the name of the Lovecraft town.  

News Comments > Zombie Driver Demo and Patch
1. Re: Zombie Driver Demo and Patch Jan 21, 2010, 23:35 Zadig

I bought this during the Steam holiday sales and haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet, though the "car with guns" gameplay made me realize how much I want someone to remake Quarantine.  

News Comments > On BioShock 2 Vita-Chambers and Backtracking
56. Re: On BioShock 2 Vita-Chambers and Backtracking Jan 20, 2010, 21:57 Zadig

I really don't understand the problem here. Everything of consequence was 'borrowed' from SS2; even bad ideas like respawning enemies. Most of Bioshock was substandard or derivative. That doesn't seem very controversial to me.

I alluded to the economic/political garbage in most of my posts. People being murdered for buying and selling things (smugglers) without getting permission from comrade Andrei. Industries being stolen (nationalized) because the head parasite wants it. Expensive circus freaks sent to recycle adam in the street instead of just paying someone to collect the corpses and doing it in private. None of it has anything to do with "free markets", "capitalism", or whatever the developers thought they were writing about. This was the only element they added to SS2 and it's completely ludicrous.

Bioshock turned out like Deus Ex 2, Thief 3, and the countless X-Com remakes - flawed games that don't compare favorably with their predecessors.

News Comments > Braid to U.S. Stores
1. Re: Braid to U.S. Stores Jan 20, 2010, 19:54 Zadig

Pleasant little game. It deserves a comment from somebody.  

News Comments > On BioShock 2 Vita-Chambers and Backtracking
51. Re: On BioShock 2 Vita-Chambers and Backtracking Jan 18, 2010, 16:07 Zadig

Bioshock = Deus Ex 2. Everything interesting was taken from the predecessor while everything new was generic FPS features or utter drivel (the nonsense politics/economics). I'm sorry this upsets you so much.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Shooter Interview
2. Re: Bioware claims Deus Ex never existed Jan 18, 2010, 15:55 Zadig

That is embarrassing, but they can be counted on to relentlessly blow their own horn. This is silly too:
the great things about Bioware games such as believable characters and great stories

Compared to what? Freecell? They've been releasing the same stories and characters for years: you are the prophesied chosen one who will save the universe by choosing polite or rude dialogue options.

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo