Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Portress
7. Re: Team Portress May 12, 2010, 16:50 Zadig

The video didn't look fun and there will be massive gameplay problems with CTF and being able to reach inaccessible areas.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Portal Free
5. Re: Portal Free May 12, 2010, 16:15 Zadig

I got it with the Orange Box awhile ago. Only played it for 2 hours and I never finished it, but you can't argue with free.  

News Comments > The Guild 2 Renaissance Announced
6. Re: The Guild 2 Renaissance Announced May 10, 2010, 20:51 Zadig

It's an interesting, possibly even unique, concept and was generally fun. It just doesn't work properly. I had all sorts of weird technical problems that could only be solved by starting over. For a game that is built on the passage of time that's a big issue.

I was going to congratulate them for the patch they just released, but it seems they did it to try to give the series a veneer of support before they ask for more money to beta test their products.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
7. Re: Sunday Screenshots May 10, 2010, 20:44 Zadig

They clearly only wanted the "XCOM" name so they had something tangible to market. If they actually had good ideas, it wouldn't require the abuse of a series that isn't related to whatever it is they're trying to do. There's a reason NOLF wasn't called "Charlie's Angels Online" or something similarly stupid.  

News Comments > The Guild 2 Patch
1. Re: The Guild 2 Patch May 8, 2010, 14:31 Zadig

I had forgotten this existed! This and the first one were fun long ago.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend
24. Re: Star Trek Online Demo, Welcome Back Weekend May 8, 2010, 14:28 Zadig

This is a good example of why licensing is a bad idea 99.9% of the time. Slapping a popular franchise onto another generic, unfinished, MMO just makes the shameless cash grab more apparent.

If they had the courage or creativity to use their own 'lore' for the space setting, they'd have gotten some positive press for being marginally different. Instead they produce another horrible game that was only made into a MMO because too many stupid developers are chasing the WoW jackpot.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched May 7, 2010, 22:56 Zadig

The not-entirely-invisible spy issue was very annoying. Played a spy for about 15 minutes and kept getting killed while cloaked and not moving. Actually thought someone was cheating, but it turns out it was only Valve.  

News Comments > TF2 Engineer Update Tease
9. Re: TF2 Engineer Update Tease May 7, 2010, 08:38 Zadig

Is age really to blame for declining performance? I've generally done better than average in tactical shooters (Rainbow 6 series in the 90's to TF2 today) and have almost always been poor in twitch shooters (doom/quake/unreal). Those games don't hold my interest so I never put in the hours needed to improve.

My platform game skills withered because I really don't want to play that type of game ever gain (except for Braid); perhaps the same will happen with the tactical games eventually.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. May 7, 2010, 08:24 Zadig

The only one I'd even credit Doom with inventing is "infighting" since I can't remember it happening before, but I have no idea why the author claims it hasn't been 'stolen'. Surely he can't pretend that he never heard of half life.  

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
4. Re: Steam Bestsellers May 3, 2010, 18:49 Zadig

Jerykk wrote on May 3, 2010, 12:31:
It's also much harder to tell what shadows can be hidden in. Unlike the previous games, the shadows in Conviction are much brighter and you couldn't realistically hide in any of them. You may have two shadows with the same darkness but only one of them can be hidden in. It's even harder to distinguish between shadows when you're hidden because the screen turns grayscale.

I can't imagine trying to play a stealth game where you can't determine which areas allow you to hide. That's just mindbogglingly wrong.

News Comments > Metaverse
4. Re: Metaverse May 3, 2010, 08:11 Zadig

I canceled my cable last year. Even if a friend recommends a show, I'd rather wait for Netflix to get the full season on dvd.  

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II Next Month
3. Re: Eschalon: Book II Next Month Apr 27, 2010, 12:18 Zadig

I had fun with the first one for a couple weeks but never finished it. Strangely enough I could describe Mass Effect and Oblivion the same way, so I guess it compares reasonably well to the modern faux-rpgs.  

News Comments > New Steam Client Released
30. Re: New Steam Client Released Apr 26, 2010, 23:34 Zadig

The only change that interests me so far is the "last played" column. I'm hoping it will provide some impetus to go back and finish a few games that I abandoned last year.  

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: Rain in Everquest Apr 26, 2010, 13:01 Zadig

ibm wrote on Apr 26, 2010, 05:30:
Yeah the rain in Morrowind was nice, but when I first played EQ hunting in Qeynos Hills (I think that was the zone anyway) became very atmospheric and nerve wracking when it started to rain and the fog descended. Couldn't see the mobs until they were almost in aggro range and the guard towers were out of sight so was difficult to run to safety and of course good luck finding your corpse :)

I remember that from early EQ. The aggro radius of the griffins in North Karana was actually larger than your viewing distance in rain & fog. Your first indication that something dangerous was nearby would be when 1/4 of your health instantly disappeared. Running was hopeless at that point, and so was corpse recovery. It certainly made travel and exploration exciting!

News Comments > On TF2 Sam & Max Items
3. Re: On TF2 Sam & Max Items Apr 17, 2010, 10:44 Zadig

The hat does look funny and I like Sam and Max. They're some of the only games I bother to finish nowadays, but I think the price is too high for what's likely to be a 15 hour puzzle game with no replay value.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 The Passing Next Week
12. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 The Passing Next Week Apr 17, 2010, 10:28 Zadig

I was hoping to get more than 6 hours of play time out of L4D eventually, but I guess it's not going to happen. The SP was too short and repetitive and the MP was pretty horrible - either nobody in games, or I was the only player without fetal alcohol syndrome. It's especially strange since I can always find populated TF2 servers with players better than me.  

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
128. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 17, 2010, 10:15 Zadig

The vendor can charge what they want for an item, and the consumer can choose not to buy it. If the vendor is consistently wrong they'll go out of business eventually. That's as fair as it gets.

Personally, I've never understood 'vanity items' in an online game but I'm sure it's a nice revenue stream for the developers.

News Comments > Guild Wars 5th Anniversary Event
6. Re: Guild Wars 5th Anniversary Event Apr 17, 2010, 10:07 Zadig

Since all armor, base weapons, runes, and whatnot can be bought from merchants in any city, there really isn't a need for an auction house in this game. People selling z-keys and mini pets seem to account for most of the traffic in trade channels. I guess a mini pet vendor might actually be useful.

This is the only 'MMO' I've stuck with too. Never raising the level cap and having the gameplay revolve around skills sets and tactics rather than farming is vital for me. I can go away for a couple months and return without being hopelessly out of date. Oh, no subscription too.

News Comments > Get Well Soon Tom Hall
19. Re: Get Well Soon Tom Hall Apr 17, 2010, 09:56 Zadig

I keep forgetting how much I loved Anachronox. It's definitely in my top ten though I tend to think of Deus Ex, NOLF, and MOO first.

He's now required to get well, get the IP, and make a sequel that is superior to the mediocre sequels those games got.

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic Online Closed Beta Next Month
8. Re: Heroes of Might and Magic Online Closed Beta Next Month Apr 17, 2010, 09:50 Zadig

Just what gamers have been begging for: another generic fantasy MMO. I'm sure it'll be very successful.  

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo