Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online: Incursion Launches
31. Re: EVE Online: Incursion Launches Dec 1, 2010, 13:05 Zadig

kxmode wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 10:37:
I heard CCP was going to add out-of-ship avatars similar to Earth & Beyond. Are they still working on this?

Yes. It was called "Walking in stations" and then "Incarna". It's supposedly going to be implemented in 2011. Assuming they don't get distracted by Dust or that vampire MMO again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rulers of Nations Patch
1. Re: Rulers of Nations Patch Nov 29, 2010, 21:04 Zadig

I read this as "Rise of Nations Patch" and got excited. Never understood why they never made a sequel.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 29, 2010, 21:01 Zadig

Amazon is offering downloads of Spore for $5.99 and Sims 3 for $19.99. Presumably these are holiday sales. The download section is pretty sparse, but they'd be the only possible competition for Steam in the near future.  

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
4. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 28, 2010, 20:16 Zadig

It's bizarre since COD is currently listed as a top seller and CIV isn't.  

News Comments > On Sale [Updated]
18. Re: On Sale [Updated] Nov 27, 2010, 10:05 Zadig

I've wanted the Tropico DLC for awhile, but it's annoying that I can't get the DLC by itself or gift the extra copy of Tropico 3. I'll definitely grab Machinarium.

Hopefully today will have more 'new' sales. Warhammer was on sale a few weeks ago, Torchlight and the Total War series are almost constantly discounted, Burnout was in the summer sale too. I really want Vampire the Masquerade for $5 so I can happily gift it to people who will never play it.

News Comments > Europa Universalis 3: Heir to the Throne Patch
1. Re: Europa Universalis 3: Heir to the Throne Patch Nov 25, 2010, 11:35 Zadig

I want a Steam sale for this since I finally installed & played EUIII complete. It's terrifying how much content has been added since EU1.  

News Comments > On Sale
41. Re: On Sale Nov 25, 2010, 11:27 Zadig

I have 15-20 never installed games, though half are Tales of Monkey Island and the X-Com pack, and another 10 that were installed and never finished.

I'd hoped to greatly reduce that by the Christmas sales, but Sam & Max and Alpha Protocol are too good to pass up.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patched
8. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Nov 2, 2010, 17:28 Zadig

Their biggest mistake is probably marketing this as an RTS when it's closer to "Gauntlet".

RTS lovers will hate it and RTS haters will immediately dismiss it, which leaves them with few happy customers.

News Comments > Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition Patch
3. Re: Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition Patch Nov 1, 2010, 13:37 Zadig

Gothic 3 is one of many uninstalled Steam games I have so this looked like great news, but then I realized the Steam version doesn't have "Forsaken Gods" which is mandatory for the patch. Hopefully it'll be added in time for a nice Christmas sale.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Nov 1, 2010, 13:09 Zadig

I still have about two dozen games I haven't really played, or even installed, from the last 2 major Steam sales so I've curtailed my buying until I clear out some of the backlog. I hope to be ready for more games when the Christmas sales start.  

News Comments > Borderlands Patch Next Month
13. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 28, 2010, 08:29 Zadig

The game was too disappointing to make me even contemplate reaching the original level cap. It's basically a severely limited console MMO crammed into a rail shooter.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Sacrifice DLC & Mac L4D2
20. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Sacrifice DLC & Mac L4D2 Oct 5, 2010, 18:35 Zadig

Another 30 minutes of gameplay, pushing me up to a monumental 9 whole hours of L4D2. The "Sacrificial Gameplay" was particularly silly - just click a button and win. It's the end of the game so death is meaningless anyway.  

News Comments > TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch
17. Re: TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch Sep 30, 2010, 17:16 Zadig

I logged about 290 hours of TF2 before I stopped playing. I'd normally be happy to return for a major content update, but this one just doesn't interest me.

The only treasure-hunting and set-completing I want to do is in Diablo 3!

News Comments > New EQ & EQ2 Expansions
3. Re: New EQ & EQ2 Expansions Aug 10, 2010, 18:22 Zadig

I remember watching a friend play the beta in early 1999 and thinking "What the hell is this?" A vast, empty, buggy, world full of instant death and people desperately searching for their lost corpses. Totally unique at the time, but not sure if it's a good or bad thing that the game is still alive.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2010, 18:14 Zadig

Every item is supposed to have a 50% chance to survive. Since the PLEX was in one stack it all got destroyed when the random number generator voted "no".

I haven't seen any lucid statements from the idiot who is now the most notorious frigate pilot in the history of EVE. The alliance kill board had some funny comments before they were deleted. Thankfully they were copied to Something Awful [scroll to bottom]. The demented rage from the alliance leader, who is presumably also the pilot, is reason enough by itself to play EVE. There's nothing else like it.

News Comments > Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails?
11. Re: Rumor: The Old Republic Space Combat on Rails? Aug 8, 2010, 17:11 Zadig

I can remember playing the "X Wing" and "TIE Fighter" games, but not "X Wing versus TIE Fighter" for some reason. The series could definitely use a resurrection, Wing Commmander could too, since this niche is completely deserted nowadays.  

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
3. Re: Steam Bestsellers Aug 8, 2010, 17:06 Zadig

I'm surprised SC4 has sold well at that price ($20). I never got it to run right when it launched, very slow scrolling and regular crashing no matter what hardware I used, but the actual gameplay seemed fine for the time.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2's Flat Leveling Curve
12. Re: Guild Wars 2's Jul 31, 2010, 10:10 Zadig

Yes, there is very little hard data about GW2 so far. Unfortunately "they are setting the initial level cap at 80" is enough to let me know this won't be a sequel to Guild Wars, but another doomed Lotro, Conan, Warhammer, etc.

90% of the content will be useless to most of the players within a few months, and this content will be seen as an impediment to new players who want to get to the 'good stuff'. The developers will eventually oblige them by letting players progress through those levels as fast as possible. Spending many months to design a world and populate it with quests, lore, and npcs that will shortly be obsolete and ignored is a massive waste of developer resources. So why do it? Because every other shitty MMO did it and it's easier to perpetuate an ancient design flaw than to think.

If they wanted to add power progression or content for the OCD players, then they still don't need to have leveling. They already have titles and can add achievements that grant small PVE bonuses, or skill training like EVE. None of them create ghost towns. GW was successful because it was designed to be completely different from the horde of generic fantasy MMOs. Designing GW2 to be like the other identical time sinks will not produce beneficial results.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2's Flat Leveling Curve
7. Re: Guild Wars 2's Level Cap of 80 Jul 30, 2010, 14:49 Zadig

What a horrible, and clearly WoW inspired, decision. Guild Wars had 3 good ideas - everyone on one server so good communities could flourish and jackasses had consequences for their actions. Letting you play with bots that were good enough to beat the game, instead of forcing you to group with aforementioned jackasses. And a minimal level cap so leveling wasn't a job.

The level cap of 20 also had an added bonus in that most of the zones were actually useful and inhabited years after release since you didn't comically outgrow them. The downward spiral of raising the level cap => more ghost towns => faster leveling to get you out of the ghost towns => simplified game mechanics to compensate for you being rushed to the 'good stuff', simply didn't apply here.

Guild Wars and EVE are the only games that don't have this problem so it's incredibly frustrating to see one of them jump on the shitty wow-clone train. Hint for developers: having the same level cap as Warcraft will not get you the same number of subscribers as Warcraft. If you don't believe me, then ask Funcom.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview
15. Re: Dungeon Siege III Movie, Interview Jul 29, 2010, 06:15 Zadig

The first one played like an old school co-op game (Golden Axe etc) - you follow the straight line to the end breaking stuff. It was mostly fun but had no replay value or depth even though it was heavily marketed as a 'Diablo killer'. The second one had worse gameplay and added an intrusive and heinously written Bioware style story to the barebones 'beat 'em up' action. There's really no need for a third game in this series.  

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo