Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed
19. Re: Diablo III Inadvertent PvP to be Fixed Jan 8, 2013, 23:03 Zadig

I had forgotten this game existed. If you're not on Steam or Amazon downloads, then you're completely invisible to me.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
23. Re: Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games Sep 13, 2012, 17:24 Zadig

Steam says I have 238 games. Ubisoft has 100 games listed on Steam, yet "Beyond Good and Evil" is the only one of their products blighting my account. So by all means please make fewer aaa games. That will eventually free up developers for games I might actually enjoy.  

News Comments > The Secret World Update Tomorrow
4. Re: The Secret World Update Tomorrow Sep 13, 2012, 17:11 Zadig

The market for good writing in games - not the drivel that Bioware churns out, but something aimed at emotionally mature adults - isn't that large. A subscription fee that is basically equal to a month of Netflix and Amazon prime will keep curious readers away if Funcom seriously hoped to pull in non gamers. They really needed to emulate either EVE or Guild Wars sub options, but it looks like the lure of WoW will ruin another MMO.  

News Comments > More Walking Dead From Telltale
5. Re: More Walking Dead From Telltale Jul 8, 2012, 08:11 Zadig

The comic series was enjoyable for quite awhile, but the tv series definitely wasn't. I usually like Telltale and the trailers for this look good. Hopefully it goes on sale next week to make my decision easier.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 4, 2012, 13:20 Zadig

That sounds utterly meaningless.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 4, 2012, 13:17 Zadig

I was looking forward to the summer sales since I have some free time and an urge to game, so it's annoying that it's not happening (yet?). Amazon has some sales, but it's not the same.  

News Comments > Quantum Conundrum Demo
6. Re: Quantum Conundrum Demo Jul 4, 2012, 09:51 Zadig

It's nice to see something else in the Portal niche, but the RPS writeup made it sound more frustrating than fun.  

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
37. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 4, 2012, 09:45 Zadig

Fion wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 14:09:
But I agree, Funcom does have a reputation. They used to be my favorite MMOG house, mostly because of Anarchy Online (which is noted for having one of the worst launches in the industry and the most bugs in it's first six months than you could ever foreseeable count), it also had an amazing setting and very innovative features that are considered not only common but necessary in modern MMOGs (instancing, link-items-to-chat, dynamic spawning, 360' flight, just to name a few).

One has to wonder though why Funcom has had several years to fix fundamental (as Mac put it) features of their latest game AoC such as the sieges when you have other companies like Arenanet with not only working sieges, but extremely fun, polished, deep and strategic server vs. server (vs. server) PvP months before the game even launches. PvP so good it not only rivals DAoC's RvR, but surpasses it in many ways.. and the game isn't even out yet!

It makes me think many of the great folks at Funcom somehow don't know what they are doing, or the leadership doesn't have an even remotely defined structure or list of goals. It's just.. baffling. That said I wish them all the luck in the world. I've been interacting with many of the great folks there for ages (since early beta of Anarchy Online) and most are dedicated, intelligent and very creative.

They remind me of Troika, since they both (with the exception of doomed WoWclone Conan) made interesting games that never worked properly. It's sad that the people trying to make games I'd like to play can't make those games actually playable.

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
36. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 4, 2012, 09:26 Zadig

The stories and writing are very good. This makes the voice acting much better since the actors are speaking naturally rather than trying to read comic book dialogue for 14 year olds (a la Bioware). I was very happy to see they've removed leveling like EVE, and adopted the Guild Wars deck system. The tactical choices of 7 active & 7 passive skills is much more interesting than the drudgery of managing 82 skill bars.

The bad parts were the glitched quests and a surprising amount of collision problems. I thought it was "lag" at first but I'd frequently get stuck on invisible objects in the middle of a hallway. I can't see all the bugs being fixed soon.

While I wish the game well, I think the pricing model guarantees failure. Either free to play like Guild Wars, or monthly with nearly free client like EVE would've been much better. I'm not going to pay $100 to help them beta test for the next 3 months.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 21, 2012, 17:43 Zadig

It's strange that the "Northeast" is about 10 degrees hotter than the Carolinas. First a snowless winter, then a 'mild' summer? Lucky me.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month
12. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Next Month Jun 21, 2012, 07:03 Zadig

This was one of the very few games I actually finished this year so a sequel coming soon is good news. I can't even think of anything I'd like to see them change - just want more orcs to kill!  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Editor and Follow-up Plans
18. Re: Legend of Grimrock Editor and Follow-up Plans Jun 20, 2012, 19:01 Zadig

enemies constantly respawn? I was hoping to see Grimrock during the summer Steam sale but that's something I usually can't tolerate.  

News Comments > Dungeons of Dredmor: Conquest of the Wizardlands Announced
2. Re: Dungeons of Dredmor: Conquest of the Wizardlands Announced Jun 20, 2012, 18:51 Zadig

Between occasional crashing (and me being terrible at it!) I never got into this, but I'm still happy I bought it and hope it does well.  

News Comments > New Magicka DLC
7. Re: New Magicka DLC Jun 20, 2012, 18:44 Zadig

I have no idea which DLC I already have from one of the 'collection' sales, and have hardly played them anyway, so I can't say I'm excited about this.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 18, 2012, 17:12 Zadig

The beginning had some rough edges with pacing, too much time spent watching Sly ride elevators, but I still rank it up there with classics like Deus Ex & No One Lives Forever. I don't expect to see a sequel though the reasons listed by the author make my head hurt: Anachronox is of an age when publishers could still take risks on bonkers ideas, but too many of those ideas didn't see adequate financial returns. Since then, the industry has grown, and conservatism's understandably grown with it.

It's sickening that publishers won't take "risks" on cheap original games but they'll gladly flush hundreds of millions of dollars down the toilet on horrible WoWclones.

News Comments > Into the Black
19. Re: Into the Black May 31, 2012, 07:56 Zadig

Cutter wrote on May 31, 2012, 01:40:
Dev wrote on May 30, 2012, 21:07:
Thank goodness, perhaps the franchise will improve now, instead of continually dig itself a deeper hole. Also maybe they will let lucasarts do cool star wars games again.

How do you improve on shite? The one and only reason Star Wars ever got as big as it did was because it was a technological marvel in the 70's. It was all dreck. And I love the fact that Alec Guiness was so public about that. I'll admit the original Star Wars and Empire weren't bad, afte that everything else went severly downhill.

And Empire wasn't even directed or written (the screenplay wasn't) by Lucas. So his reputation really just comes from the first one which was astonishing visually compared to things like Star Trek. The story is every bad Bioware game ever made - the chosen one single-handedly defeats the ancient evil that is threatening the universe.

News Comments > CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced
11. Re: CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced May 30, 2012, 17:38 Zadig

A developer I really like doing something with a franchise I really like? Wow. I can't recall that actually happening before. This and D & D are probably the only 2 things worth licensing for a game since you're getting a fully functional role playing system without an overdose of rigid lore (Luke Skywalker, Frodo Baggins, etc).  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II DLC & Patch Next Month
9. Re: Crusader Kings II DLC & Patch Next Month May 30, 2012, 17:28 Zadig

RPS said nice things about it, but I tend to spend as much time editing Paradox game files as playing them. The $12.49 plentiful Paradox pack on Amazon has suddenly got me interested in this.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Patch Today
17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Patch Today May 30, 2012, 17:24 Zadig

Assuming it will never be on Steam, I'll wait for the $9.99 sale on Amazon.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Announced
22. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Announced May 30, 2012, 17:14 Zadig

Divine Divinity was a nice hybrid of Diablo and Baldur's Gate. I especially liked the music which I still listen to, so it's great to see another old school version getting made again.  

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo