Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zadig

Real Name Zadig   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 13, 2004, 19:49
Total Comments 486 (Amateur)
User ID 21284

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Why the Syndicate Remake is a First-Person Shooter
51. Re: Battlefield 3 Vehicle Preview Sep 13, 2011, 07:07 Zadig

What a disgusting shambles this is. Some hack developer wants their 3rd person console shooter to stand out from the hundreds of others so they think polluting a great IP will help them.

If they sell a non-negligible amount, then it'll be taken as 'proof' that every classic should immediately be resurrected as console garbage. "The colecovision doesn't have enough buttons to play MOO properly so lets make it into a corridor shooter!" If it's a disaster, then the mongoloid developers & publishers will blame gamers for endlessly talking about these old games but not buying their 'remake'. "Why you no buy our shovelware stupid gamers?!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed
10. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Delayed Aug 12, 2011, 11:37 Zadig

Homm3 was fun and everything since has been horrifying. I'd rather the series went on hiatus than become fatally tarnished by an endless stream of garbage.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
104. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 12, 2011, 11:33 Zadig

As much fun as I had with BF2 5+ years ago, I haven't played any iteration of the franchise since and will very happily skip this one too if these requirements don't go away eventually.  

News Comments > Alpha Centauri TMs
19. Re: Alpha Centauri TMs Aug 12, 2011, 11:22 Zadig

I loved AC. The voice overs, very memorable factions, and gameplay that let you do almost anything were all excellent. The AI wasn't very good and the expansion content was clearly things that weren't good enough for the original game, but it's still a classic.

Like everyone else I see no way any 'remake' will do it justice.

News Comments > Tropico 4 on August 30th
2. Re: Tropico 4 on August 30th Jul 28, 2011, 20:57 Zadig

I really enjoyed Tropico 3 but was strangely indifferent to the expansion. That indifference has caused me to not pay attention to this. Hopefully there'll be a demo.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 28, 2011, 20:44 Zadig

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines on Steam. Save 75%.

and there was much rejoicing.

News Comments > Happy Birthday(s): StarCraft 2, MS-DOS, and Anachronox
16. Re: Happy Birthday(s): StarCraft 2, MS-DOS, and Anachronox Jul 28, 2011, 20:39 Zadig

I didn't know Anachronox was so popular here since I rarely see it mentioned as a favorite game. I loved it when it came out and still love the characters, music, and writing.

I'd blame the commercial failure on guilt by association with Daikatana and the "Elevator Tycoon" beginning. You spent hours riding elevators back and forth as you completed quests on the first world. It's heinous enough that I imagine many people never got past it.

It's a shame that there won't be a sequel, but at least there won't be a horrendous sequel either.

News Comments > The Sims 3 Patch
4. Re: The Sims 3 Patch Jul 25, 2011, 20:16 Zadig

I was hoping they'd fix the horrendous doppelganger bug, but my test subjects still got cloned when they return from vacation.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer
17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Purity First Trailer Jul 25, 2011, 20:14 Zadig

I like what I've seen of this so far. Giving augmentations a potentially serious drawback is interesting.

A faction could offer powerful augmentations to the player early on, leading to serious consequences if they switch teams later.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2011, 14:53 Zadig

Not until September, but it is for sale already.  

News Comments > Bill Roper Joins Disney/Marvel
26. Re: Bill Roper Joins Disney/Marvel Jul 24, 2011, 13:05 Zadig

As long as someone will be cataloging his latest disaster (like the dearly departed flagshipped did), then I don't mind him being employed in the game industry again.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
26. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jul 24, 2011, 12:51 Zadig

Kawlisse wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 10:32:
I understand Star wars might not be your game, bashing it is ridiculous. I personally hate Eve and Guild Wars, it does'nt mean they are failures ! You seem to forget about the class specializations... Also if the game is fully voiced, it does costs loads of money, advertising also sucks lots of money.

PS: also the 300 million budget is ridiculous. unless we see real numbers from EA or Bioware I wont believe it! I've seen numbers from 80 to 100 millions... and I think those are more accurate.

I actually enjoyed most of KOTOR. I don't enjoy WoWclones. They have a 100% failure rate and the trailers certainly haven't provided any reason for optimism.

The $300 million was mentioned last year. Some EA/Bioware drone also called it "the largest ever development project, period, in the history of the company". It's a massive waste of time and money on something that gamers have so far shown no interest in - licensed WoWclones.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer
5. Re: Jagged Alliance Back in Action Trailer Jul 24, 2011, 12:13 Zadig

I didn't enjoy Silent Storm because it was missing key aspects of Jagged Alliance gameplay. They replaced the fully explorable world with missions which removes time management. They also completely removed money management (wages) for the mercs who weren't particularly interesting anyway. JA2 mercs were very memorable and frequently hilarious.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer
16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer Jul 23, 2011, 09:23 Zadig

So after years of development it will ship with Horde and Alliance factions but only 4 classes per side? I see that $300 million was clearly well spent.

The combat looks terrible too. Enemies just standing around waiting to be killed in one hit. I also saw some chest high walls.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
33. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 14:46 Zadig

I saw an article claiming they had already flushed $300 million down the toilet on this, so I imagine they're desperate to get some return on that before they hit the WoWclone iceberg.

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 12:33:
Everytime I think about this game I die a little inside. Why, why couldn't they just make a traditional Knights of the Old Republic 3? KoToR 1 and 2 were really good, probably some of my favorite RPGs ever. Do we really need another god damn MMO?? The market is over-flooded with them.

Star Wars...especially KoToR doesn't fit as an MMO. Part of the appeal of Kotor was become the best Jedi/Sith Knight in the galaxy and carving your path through the storyline. Yea I can't wait to do that with TOR alongside the thousands of people doing the same thing as me. Race to the level cap!!

This is an MMO solely because Bioware wants the revenue generated by 10+ million subscribers and they think their WoWclone will succeed where all the others have failed.

I agree that Star Wars doesn't work well as an MMO - hello Star Wars Galaxies! It's pure megalomania where one superhuman saves the universe while MMOs require everyone to be equal. A game where a jedi is just some chump who can be defeated with a single punch - as I've seen in TOR trailers - isn't really Star Wars. I think they'd have been better off using their own Mass Effect franchise if they wanted to test the waters with an MMO. Hopefully this will be an earth shattering disaster and they'll stick to making RPGs for the rest of their existence.

News Comments > Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live
51. Re: Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live Jul 16, 2011, 07:53 Zadig

fujiJuice wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 13:27:
Zadig wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 12:48:
Abandoning the multiple server model in future MMOs is my preferred fix, but this is a nice way to address that flaw in the older games.

I don't think you will ever see this. I prefer multiple world servers over having every different location being an instance server, it ruins the world scope of an MMO in my opinion. In fact I don't feel such a configuration falls under the definition of MMO, which is why I disagree with Guild Wars being called one. Now I realize EVE doesn't do this, but 400,000 people on one server is different than 10 million. Even if it was technologically feasible in the future, it wouldn't be practical, nothing could be accomplished do to the sheer number of people around.

EVE is capable of scaling to accommodate any number of players simply by expanding the gameworld as the population increases. There's no leveling and content is largely player driven so adding new systems (zones) for people to mine, mission, and murder each other is a simple matter. There are hardware issues caused by players per system, but not total players. I don't think of Guild Wars as an MMO either, but I prefer instancing and a unified community over the alternative.

My suggestion is aimed at the doomed WoWclones that will never see 100k subscribers much less 10 million. They start with dozens of servers and then shut most of them down a few months later. They can skip that embarrassment by just sticking everyone on one server to begin with and expand if needed. Their ultimate populations would be higher too, since players would have a better chance of finding people they enjoy playing with before they quit to try one of the 378,912 other MMOs.

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
3. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jul 15, 2011, 12:53 Zadig

It was 33% off during the last steam sale, but it should really be a $5 game by now.

The last time I played the patches were just moving items around and breaking quests. Everything Troika left unfinished had already been fixed or implemented long ago.

News Comments > Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live
11. Re: Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live Jul 15, 2011, 12:48 Zadig

Always being able to play with the people I like is a major reason why I never abandon Guild Wars and EVE. My friends are always on 'my' server.

Abandoning the multiple server model in future MMOs is my preferred fix, but this is a nice way to address that flaw in the older games.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Screenshots
8. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Screenshots Jul 11, 2011, 09:36 Zadig

I just can't see anyone making a good Jagged Alliance game again. The core elements of gameplay - turn based, highly tactical, serious time and money management - are totally anathema to developers nowadays. The creative aspects that made a very OCD game so memorable (mainly the dozens of hilarious characters) are something most developers couldn't create even if they wanted to. Hacks like Bioware would just reuse their melodramatic caricatures while small developers won't have the resources to procure so many distinct voices even if they write interesting characters.

I guess I should be happy they aren't using the license to make a 3rd person shooter about an FBI agent killing aliens, but I still can't get excited about this.

News Comments > On Sale
32. Re: On Sale Jul 11, 2011, 09:18 Zadig

Borderlands is like Contra, or any ancient co-op game, that was fun with friends but didn't have much replay value.

I'd be curious to know what will be done with the franchise. I'm not sure if it met the developers financial expectations considering how much it was hyped, and the "lore" was shallow so a compelling idea for a sequel isn't readily apparent.

486 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo