Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1688 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3
28. Re: No Shooting Civilians in Battlefield 3 Aug 31, 2011, 12:16 Burrito of Peace

I won't buy an FPS that does not allow me to kill every man, woman and child I see.

I admit I get the giggles when I wing little Timmy and I watch him crawl down an alley, crying for his Mommy.

Then, if I am patient, Mommy shows up and then POP POP, two for one special!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:00 Burrito of Peace

Did anyone else have the problem in Shanghai were the black market guy wouldn't even talk to you?

No dialog at all. The UI would light up to hit E, I'd do so, his head would twitch to the left for a second and that's that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
7. Re: Steve Jobs Was 'Henry Ford' of The Computer Industry. Aug 26, 2011, 13:02 Burrito of Peace

MattyC wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 09:25:

Random comments and ad hominem attack

Refinements really have nothing to do with the point that, unlike Jobs, Ford founded an entire industry and revolutionized other industries with his designs. Assembly line driven mass production, for example.

I can't be bitter about something I am not personally involved with. Jobs is a salesman and that's that. The way he pushes sales is very much akin to used car salesmen and snake oil salesmen. Just as Ballmer is a belligerent, sweaty, loud bully. Ever wonder why Sinofsky is now the public face of Windows development?

I'm sorry if you think I somehow shat in your Apple flavored kool-aid.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Steve Jobs Was 'Henry Ford' of The Computer Industry. Aug 25, 2011, 22:55 Burrito of Peace

Bullshit. That easily belongs to Robert Noyce or, Hell, most of that team from Fairchild Semiconductor.

Henry Ford actually designed, built and mss produced something, personally, and was an engineer his entire life. Steve Jobs soldered a couple of components on a bread board in comparison.

Steve Jobs is a slick used-car and snake oil salesman. He's good at selling the idea that you "need" iDevice but he didn't found an entire industry. While Apple may have come out on top of the sales, every thing they ever produced was merely a refinement of some other tech that came before.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Starpoint Gemini...RUN AWAY!. Aug 25, 2011, 22:49 Burrito of Peace

This is a horrible, horrible game that is terribly broken. The support for it is promised but has yet to materialize. Stay way.  

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
7. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 14:21 Burrito of Peace

necrosis wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 14:19:
GameStop sells PC games? That is news right there.

Only if you pre-order and they will only ever get the exact amount of copies that have been pre-ordered and paid in full.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 19:05 Burrito of Peace

Cubitek's offering look sexy for a unique desktop. Something much different than the usual rectangular tower.  

News Comments > Free to Play Studio Ubisoft Zurich Formed
2. Re: Free to Play Studio Ubisoft Zurich Formed Aug 22, 2011, 19:04 Burrito of Peace

Free to Play...brought to you by Ubisoft's Always On DRM.  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 15:45 Burrito of Peace

That Caselabs case looks awesome! Perfect for a home server.  

News Comments > Skyrim Using Steamworks
22. Re: Skyrim Using Steamworks Aug 18, 2011, 08:05 Burrito of Peace

I'm fine with this.

I used to hate Steam with a passion as I was under the false impression that it was solely a DRM schema invented to do nothing but track everything I did with my games.

Steam does track what I do with my games and it is a DRM schema. However, it also allows me to install my games on any machine I want so long as that machine has an active internet connection. It offers me great deals on games that I wanted to buy anyway and I no longer have to carry discs back and forth between work and home to play whatever my current interest is.

I look at Steam, now, like I look at my email. I log in once and I get to what I want to do. It's painless and takes maybe a second or four to login.

News Comments > Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced
12. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 13:03 Burrito of Peace

Resurrected Tabula Rasa huh?  

News Comments > Nexus 2 Announced
8. Re: Nexus 2 Announced Aug 16, 2011, 13:24 Burrito of Peace

[Reads....THUD]

[Passed out from the sheer excitement]

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies and Demo Released
20. Re: removed Aug 16, 2011, 09:17 Burrito of Peace

I played the demo and while I appreciated the Star Control feel to it, it still has that weird Eastern European feel to it, especially in the dialogue. It doesn't quite click.

Also, way too many menus and submenus. I should be able to do almost everything from the main game interface.

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
19. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 19:29 Burrito of Peace

Slashman wrote on Aug 15, 2011, 19:07:
Kinky...

Only when we break out the bars, clamps, Shibari rope and toys.

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
17. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 17:17 Burrito of Peace

Relic, thanks for all the W40K lovin' but can we get some Homeworld lovin' now?

I do not dream of the Emperor, but I do of Karan S'jet.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2011, 23:07 Burrito of Peace

[Shrugs] I enjoy smoking but I do not smoke the chemical laden crap that gets shoved at you from Philip Morris or RJ Reynolds.

Based upon current scientific theory, there about a thousand ways that are guaranteed to give me cancer. C'est la vie. I feel one should thoroughly enjoy one's life instead of nattering endlessly about its longevity. There's no point in living to 80 if you haven't enjoyed 75 of those years or you've lived under the repressive delusion of monastic moderation.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 19, 2011, 13:34 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Jul 19, 2011, 10:48:
I better see a difference on my PC though, Bioware...

Creston

You won't and you know it. Just look at DA2.

Oh, right, I could download the high res pack AFTER the game shipped instead of just having it included in the fucking game like it was supposed to be.

News Comments > Aion Summer Events Details, Version 2.6 Next Month
8. Re: Aion Summer Events Details, Version 2.6 Next Month Jul 19, 2011, 08:02 Burrito of Peace

SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 16:48:
The Advocate wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 13:55:
... Chinese gold farmers.

A.K.A. Prison Inmates

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

News Comments > Aion Summer Events Details, Version 2.6 Next Month
4. Re: Aion Summer Events Details, Version 2.6 Next Month Jul 18, 2011, 13:55 Burrito of Peace

Aion is from Korea, done by a Korean development team. Not at all connected in any way with the GW development team. NCsoft just happens to own both teams.

The only people who play Aion are Chinese gold farmers.

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month
20. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 22:07 Burrito of Peace

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 14:30:
You're aware COD is an Activision title right?

Yes.

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 16:10:
1. I don't think you get the reference at all.
2. EA has nothing to do with CoD

You should probably edit your post.

Nope. I am well aware of whom publishes CoD.

1688 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo