Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1456 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Stargate Games Lawsuit
10. Re: Stargate Games Lawsuit Aug 26, 2010, 20:01 Burrito of Peace

Whenever you turn something in to a commodity, you'll always see people trying to produce or buy that commodity at rock bottom prices and sell it somewhere else for a profit. Whether that is by legitimate means or not, it always happens.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II Aug 24, 2010, 13:16 Burrito of Peace

In regards to Mafia II, there is not a single valid excuse to pirate the game.

They released a demo well in advance of the game that gave you a very good feel for how the game was going to look and play. Hell, after playing it for two hours, I went out and pre-purchased it in full so I could pick it up on my way home tonight.

Syd is a troll. He's a troll for a simple fact that the gear/job he claims to have/be is utter bullshit. My dad recently stopped being restfully retired at 60 and set up this massive Pro Tools rig with hundreds of thousands of dollars in add-on software, racks, keyboards, pads, several workstations and a bunch of other things that I do not know enough about to describe accurately. What I do know is he spent a ton of money on it along with the studio. Within the last three weeks, he has contract work scheduled out until next July. He's already recouped the cost of his investment.

Being poor isn't an excuse to steal. Have some pride and self-control. Stand up and be a man, for fuck's sake.

News Comments > Supreme Ruler 2020: Cold War Announced
5. Re: Supreme Ruler 2020: Cold War Announced Aug 20, 2010, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

In Soviet Russia, humor has you!  

News Comments > Supreme Ruler 2020: Cold War Announced
2. Re: Supreme Ruler 2020: Cold War Announced Aug 20, 2010, 00:17 Burrito of Peace

Because, by then, the Russian mail order bride business will have totally collapsed.  

News Comments > From Dust Details, Trailer
2. That looks amazing! Aug 19, 2010, 14:04 Burrito of Peace

I think it will be an awesome, but niche, game. I would like to see zero interactions with the "humans" in game. I would rather have them be an autonomous, sentient reactor to your changes as the god of their world.

Probably hoping for too much, however.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Announced
6. Re: Age of Empires Online Announced Aug 17, 2010, 12:17 Burrito of Peace

Ugh, let Digital Anvil stay in its grave.

Freelancer was fairly decent but Brute Force was total shit.

News Comments > StarCraft II Free Name Change Coming
17. Re: StarCraft II Free Name Change Coming Aug 17, 2010, 10:40 Burrito of Peace

Angry wrote on Aug 17, 2010, 10:02:
Its not like its an MMO where it matters,

Nothing you'll ever do in any MMO will ever matter. It's a time sink that you dump money and your life in to yet, when you die, nothing you'll have ever done in a virtual world will mean shit to the people around you.

News Comments > BFG RMA Refusal
51. Re: BFG RMA Refusal Aug 16, 2010, 20:08 Burrito of Peace

I love being a fat, jobless, virgin, broke-ass loser who lives in my parent's basement.

It means that, unlike dear old BobBob here, I won't be dying from hostile natives, food poisoning, diphtheria or statistical mortality from traveling via air transit. What good is all that experience and social education when you're dying of an intestinal bacteria infection in a dirt hut in Tunisia?

On to BFG...I can't say I was ever really a fan. I've always used EVGA for third party cards when I didn't have cards directly from Nvidia in my systems to use.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Ace Combat shots Aug 12, 2010, 08:35 Burrito of Peace

They look very, very sexy. Here's to hoping they also release it for the 360.

There's only so many times I can play Final Liberation.

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
25. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 10, 2010, 15:12 Burrito of Peace

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 15:07:
GTA4 now looks like complete shit...

GTA4 was complete shit. The Mafia guys showed how it should been done with the original and I hope that this series grows large enough so that it can take Rockstar on.

I'd love to see GTA4 sleep with the fishes in favor of more Mafia titles.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement
23. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Announcement Aug 6, 2010, 19:35 Burrito of Peace

This little dick waving contest between Darks and RumpleForeSkin is truly disgraceful toward the branches of service they're claiming to have served in.

Can you guys knock it off already? I've known some decent Army folk and a couple of Marines that I'd call passably human.

Though, I do have to give Rumple credit for being correct that the Marines are, in point of fact, an adjunct attachment of the United States Navy. Though you'll never hear a squid, bubblehead or aviator claim it, they are.

News Comments > EA Files Syndicate TMs
10. Re: EA Files Syndicate TMs Aug 4, 2010, 10:41 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Aug 4, 2010, 10:00:

Advocate if you ever figure out how to get sound in Syndicate Wars in the DOSBox please let me know how....

It just worked, I didn't have to do anything special.

I'm using Win 7 Pro x64 and the IDT audio chipset on board my system.

News Comments > EA Files Syndicate TMs
6. Re: EA Files Syndicate TMs Aug 4, 2010, 09:52 Burrito of Peace

Hell yeah!

I went ahead and "found" Syndicate and Syndicate Wars so I could play them in DOSBox.

News Comments > New Dead Space Domain
4. Re: New Dead Space Domain Aug 1, 2010, 22:10 Burrito of Peace

But I'm Gonna Set It Straight, this Watergate  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2010, 19:05 Burrito of Peace

My condolences as well.

I agree with nin, take as much time as you need to. We'll all be here when you get back...and I am sure there are plenty more of my posts you can remove then.

News Comments > Shogun 2 Trailer
8. removed Jul 30, 2010, 07:19 Burrito of Peace

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 30, 2010, 09:24.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
7. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 28, 2010, 10:32 Burrito of Peace

nutshell42 wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 15:47:
Advocate, if seen posts saying exactly the same fucking things about Rome. I remember how people were up in arms about the time period (booohooo, I never understood that complaint. I hope they continue to come up with a new one at least every second game) about bugs, the AI, performance, complexity, hard to mod, yadda yadda yadda.

The amount of whining is staggering. And it repeats itself for every single fucking game.

Yeah, the game's gonna be full of bugs, the AIs gonna be mediocre and the forums are full of people up in arms because it's not fucking Medieval3.

You know what? Medieval 1 had bugs, bugs, bugs, the AI became only acceptable with medmod, people hated the lack of Shoguns simplicity and, you know what, they were up in arms because it wasn't set in fscking Japan. And attention to detail? The first one had battlefield ninjas!

I grant you the difficulty of modding (otoh they promised mod-tools for every game and never delivered. Call it new found honesty) but otherwise your whole post is the ridiculous whining that plagues PC gaming.

None of which I mentioned at all in my original post. I made no mention of bugs, for example.

However, if you're so incredibly blind as to see that the Total War series has begun to degrade in the quality that made the series' name...then there's not a whole lot to discuss with you.

I guess you see the demise of a once great franchise as "whining". So be it, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
4. Re: Morning Screenshots Jul 27, 2010, 13:22 Burrito of Peace

Dear CA,

I've been with you since the beginning. I loved every one of your games up until Empire. Then...then you started seeing someone new. They changed you, made you become games that I didn't recognize any more. Your once fine attention to detail began to slip and your unit controls became sloppy. You stopped being fun and started being grinding.

You started getting stuffy and uptight when people asked about mods. You grew irascible when old friends asked about their favorite time periods that you had visited before and if you had thought of returning to them again.

I guess this is goodbye. Maybe you'll go in to rehab and come out a better person. Best of luck to you.

News Comments > GameStop Acquires Kongregate
2. Re: GameStop Acquires Kongregate Jul 27, 2010, 12:28 Burrito of Peace

Please God, let them buy Steam and run it in to the ground.

Also, God, while we're on the subject of miracles, can you then make publishers go to Impulse so we can have DRM free games again?

That would be awesome, thanks!

News Comments > More on StarCraft II Preorders
36. Re: More on StarCraft II Preorders Jul 26, 2010, 17:26 Burrito of Peace

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 15:34:
Tumbler wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 15:13:
... or that the Lord of the Rings movies were a ripoff in trilogy form because they didn't give you the entire 10 hour story at once.

&#8206;"Oh, I'm crazy? Those fuckin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it
was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a
fucking volcano. Even the fucking trees in those movies walked!"

1456 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo