Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1688 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 06:30 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 03:56:
JEsus this isnt an action game like Diablo3, its an CRPG. Stats matter.

Why do stats matter? Because that's how your grew up playing PnP games?

In my opinion, RPGs are, and always have been, about telling me a story. In fact, they were about telling me a story that I could get emotionally invested in.

If in its mechanics, Skyrim allows my character to develop via my actions alone, it would seem to me that in doing so they have tailored the immersion in to their world exactly toward how I play. I can't see that as a bad thing. Instead of having to choose what someone else feels is the "correct" path, I can completely do it on my own.

How is that worse than:

"I want to open my gold pouch and buy a dagger."

"Roll D100".

[Rolls D100, gets a 19]

"The cord snaps and all your gold falls to the floor. Roll D20 to see if the local rat steals a gold piece."

[Rolls D20, gets a 2]

"Alas, the rat steals your gold, punches you in the face, molests your cat and makes a rude gesture at you from its hole."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Revival
20. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 06:07 Burrito of Peace

OldTimber wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 04:00:
Okay now I'm actually feeling old if this is being remade. What's next Battle Chess with the queen in full 3d wiggling her ass as she moves instead of just a sprite based wiggling ass?

That's....actually a good idea. A reinterpretation of Battle Chess, with a little Archon awesomeness thrown in, might be very cool.

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2011, 22:42 Burrito of Peace

Creston has the right of it.

I feel neither joy nor sorrow at the passing of Steve Jobs. Neither he nor the company he helmed impacted my life in any significant way.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2011, 21:44 Burrito of Peace

Adios, Apple.

Your downhill slide began yesterday but it picked up a bit of speed today.

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
19. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 13:42 Burrito of Peace

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 13:29:
(MS bought FASA, and thus, owns Mechwarrior, no?)

When Tinker and Smith first showed off the CGI footage, I remember their being a link to Wiesman stating that he had regained rights to MechWarrior and, I think, Crimson Skies.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 29, 2011, 13:04 Burrito of Peace

Ah ha! That explains what happened to my Adblock Plus last night when FF upgraded.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
13. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 13:03 Burrito of Peace

SWEET! Color me stoked!  

News Comments > Syndicate FPS Trailer
12. Re: Syndicate FPS Trailer Sep 29, 2011, 12:32 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 11:54:

At 1:19? Pretty sure that was some sort of homing gun...

To me it appeared more like a trajectory line but, still, it's not Syndicate.

News Comments > Syndicate FPS Trailer
5. Re: Syndicate FPS Trailer Sep 29, 2011, 11:44 Burrito of Peace

That looks....fucking retarded.

How does that in any way capture the spirit of the predecessors? FFS, Generic SMG #11 and Generic shotgun #7 are recycled from Bad Company by the looks of them.

Bouncing bullets off a door jamb? Seriously?

What's the name of that Paradox title again?

News Comments > Skyrim Voice Cast Announced
36. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:45 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 15:38:
The Advocate wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 15:24:
Ivanova...

I killed many kittens due to her when I was but a young lad.

I think Ivanova killed more kittens than the Black Plague. (think about it... there ya go.)

Creston

+10

News Comments > Skyrim Voice Cast Announced
33. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 15:24 Burrito of Peace

Ivanova...

I killed many kittens due to her when I was but a young lad.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch; Pricing Details
39. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic December Launch, Pricing Details Sep 24, 2011, 21:38 Burrito of Peace

Hudson wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 18:40:
Maybe if you like PVP...

While Guild Wars supported PvP, there was never a question that it was largely devoted to PvE. I'm certain that I recall that, in the interviews given about GW2, it was stated that this would be the case with GW2 as well.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - F1 2011
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - F1 2011 Sep 20, 2011, 20:24 Burrito of Peace

For me the allure of the game comes down to one thing:

Co-op team racing. That's awesome and something I have always wanted.

News Comments > Starbreeze Working on New IP
10. Re: Starbreeze Working on New IP Sep 20, 2011, 08:55 Burrito of Peace

Who fucking cares.

"News" about announcements of announcements with no details is a waste of pretty blue space.

News Comments > Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details
7. Re: Vampire: the Masquerade MMOG Details Sep 19, 2011, 11:12 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 10:32:
Doma wrote on Sep 19, 2011, 10:16:
One world server, no shards/instancing.

FUCK YES.

Very few sandbox mmos does this.

I love it when they do.

YEA FUCK YEAH! NO INSTANCING WOW THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE MUST BUY FOR ME!

FUCKING SWEET! I LOVE STANDING IN QUEUE FOR HOURS WAITING FOR BOSSES TO RESPAWN! HOLY CHRIST! THINK OF HOW MUCH OF MY LIFE I COULD WASTE!

/also sarcasm

News Comments > Syndicate FPS Confirmed for Next year
43. Re: Syndicate FPS Confirmed for Next year Sep 12, 2011, 14:42 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 14:19:
Do you really think that Ford many any real profit on a car that sold under 700 per year?

No, but that was largely due to Ford's lack of dealer price control, not because "Hey, I know, we're going to re-birth a legend so we can sell more Focuses." Are you not familiar with the Coletti years at SVT? It certainly seems that you aren't.

Ford stated that the GT had an MSRP of 150K. Dealers often marked them up to 250K or more. This dropped their market to ~10% of what it could have been.

You're also forgetting that during Bill Ford's reign, he wanted to get Ford back in to racing other than rednecks turning left for 2 hours on a Sunday. The idea was for Ford to go to Le Mans with an LMP1 Ford "GT" and then branch out in to FIA GT (which did happen) and other GT series (ALMS and Rolex come to mind).

I would agree that the "Terminator" Cobra of 03 and 04 were built expressly to sell more GTs given that the GT body style of those years was very long and tooth and sales had slumped. They needed a stop gap measure between that body style and the "retro" boat they were going to introduce.

Like I said, if you wanted to sell F-150s, you look at the Lightning. Ford's very, very good at marketing their cash cow vehicles and I've yet to see Ford try and cross-segment two completely separate demographics that do not share the same consumer buying trends.

News Comments > Syndicate FPS Confirmed for Next year
39. Re: Syndicate FPS Confirmed for Next year Sep 12, 2011, 13:35 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Sep 12, 2011, 12:32:
Actually a Ford GT is a halo car that's used to get people into the Ford dealership. It's well known that they won't buy a Ford GT, and that a Ford GT won't turn a profit, but the hope is they'll walk in, see how cool Ford is, and walk out with a new Ford F-150.

Not even close. Did you ever read about the GT or the interviews with Colletti about the GT? The GT was meant to be an all American supercar killer without the supercar price tag. It was to re-birth what the original GT was, America's answer to European engineering.

Nobody went in to a Ford dealer looking for a GT and said "Well, golly, I guess I should buy a totally different type of vehicle instead. I wanted a sports car but, fuck it, I'm gonna buy something I can haul dirt in."

I might be able to stretch credulity far enough to see a Lightning, since that was also an SVT product, but a standard F-150? Might as well say tractor, lawn mower or unicycle.

As for Syndicate being a shooter...I am disappointed and I will probably neither purchase nor play it. I am tired of FPSes and I realize that that is going to be the majority of the titles shoveled out the door until it runs its course. Much like RPGs in the late 80s to mid 90s. They, too, were a dime a dozen.

I miss games like Homeworld, Nexus: TJI and the like but I also realize that I am old and those games are now few and far between.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Sep 5, 2011, 09:18 Burrito of Peace

Given that ether is a gas, I'm pretty sure it doesn't need impulses to move.  

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: removed Sep 2, 2011, 21:36 Burrito of Peace

In my opinion, the demo was less than impressive. In particular, the controls felt very clumsy on the PC.  

News Comments > Free Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar on GOG.com
5. Re: Free Ultima 4: Quest of the Avatar on GOG.com Sep 1, 2011, 10:29 Burrito of Peace

I'd replay Ultima VII and the second half if they ever got them.  

1688 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo