Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1725 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Take On Helicopters: Hinds
3. Re: Take On Helicopters: Hinds Feb 25, 2012, 18:34 Burrito of Peace

WyldKat wrote on Feb 25, 2012, 18:03:
Taaaaake oooooonnn meeeeee.....

Taaaaaaaaaaaake meeeeeeeeee oooooooooooonnnnnn!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 24, 2012, 06:39 Burrito of Peace

Code Hero is a genuinely fun game as I discovered last night.

Clicked on the link here for it randomly and was up very late learning Javascript before I knew it.

News Comments > EVE Online Plans Outlined
2. Re: EVE Online Plans Outlined Feb 22, 2012, 21:07 Burrito of Peace

Lorcin wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 20:17:
Are they going to do away with the traditional menus and instead put some weird context sensitive ribbon across the top of excel Eve?

Or, maybe they'll Clippy!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 22, 2012, 18:46 Burrito of Peace

I use Fedora 16 KDE and much, much prefer KDE over GNOME.

LXDE sounded interesting, until I saw it looks like Windows 95.

News Comments > Tim Schafer on Double Fine's Kickstart
13. Re: Tim Schafer on Double Fine's Kickstart Feb 22, 2012, 15:37 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 10:57:
Wildone wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 10:55:
I wish someone would do this for a next gen space sim/X-wing affair I'd donate my $100!!!!!

Yeah, I was watching totalbiscuit play SOL, and it didn't look overly impressive. Was hoping it might scratch that itch, but it doesn't look like it.

It won't. It's very, very bland. It reminds of the flood of space "sim" games that came out of eastern Europe 4-5 years back. The graphics are "meh" and the story is about as two dimensional blue sky hero as they come.

Don't waste the money. Go back and reinstall Freelancer.

News Comments > NA AION Going Free-to-Play
10. Re: NA AION Going Free-to-Play Feb 22, 2012, 06:49 Burrito of Peace

A game that is close to the bottom of the sink as it swirls down the drain.

I can hardly wait for its absolute faceplant down the pipe.

News Comments > Starbound Announced
5. Re: Starbound Announced Feb 19, 2012, 01:35 Burrito of Peace

The game sounded great...until I got a look at it. I don't need photo-realism but I DO need immersion.

Watching something that looks like it come out of my old Atari 800XL isn't going to draw me in to this game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
14. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 16, 2012, 18:08 Burrito of Peace

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 17:46:
space captain wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 17:34:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 16, 2012, 15:34:
Technically, I don't think I can upgrade to Lion, even if I wanted to. I have a 2007 iMac... and I read somewhere something about Lion doesn't support the older Core 2 Duos. I'm pretty sure Mountain Lion will definitely out of reach. (Not that I care)

it supports all intel cpus, and you will need 2gb ram as well... it doesnt support PPC tho

i dont advise it.. 10.6 is still way better

I'll wait for OSX: Voltron Black Lion to come out.

^D^

I'm waiting for Mac OS XI: Hipster Tears and Chinese Dreams

News Comments > etc.
3. A retrospective on the late Rockstar artist… Feb 15, 2012, 14:36 Burrito of Peace

By "Rockstar", you mean "Bethesda"...right, Blue?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access
25. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access Feb 14, 2012, 20:10 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 19:23:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:46:
To be fair, Origin probably doesn't have a tenth of the load on them that Steam does.

Origin also incorrectly reports download speeds as of a few versions ago anyway, not sure if they ever fixed that bug. It was reporting speeds in some cases faster than peoples caps permitted.

Oh. So more quality EA craftsmanship, eh? I'm sure even Trip Hawkins is saying "Fuck those guys".

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access Feb 14, 2012, 18:04 Burrito of Peace

Snabel wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:59:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:46:
Clancy wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:12:
The servers are pretty darn fast, maxed out my connection of 100Mbps.
Steam could never do that.

To be fair, Origin probably doesn't have a tenth of the load on them that Steam does.

To be even fairer, Steam very often maxes out my 100Mbps connection, so I think it depends on which data centers you happen to be closest to.

True, at work on the nice fat pipe and with the Dallas region, I consistently get 10MB/s.

But I don't expect that at home where I normally get 3MB/s.

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Early Access Feb 14, 2012, 17:46 Burrito of Peace

Clancy wrote on Feb 14, 2012, 17:12:
The servers are pretty darn fast, maxed out my connection of 100Mbps.
Steam could never do that.

News Comments > Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities
6. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 22:16 Burrito of Peace

I wish they'd work on another Midnight Club.

Friends and family still have a blast playing that game over Live.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Compatibility Test Results
5. Re: Legend of Grimrock Compatibility Test Results Feb 13, 2012, 13:16 Burrito of Peace

LanikTnt wrote on Feb 13, 2012, 12:36:
He was always my favorite Dinobot.

That'd be Grimlock

I am a giant nerd.

News Comments > Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year
13. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 11:36 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 11:26:
No, but early on it wasn't the sole motivating factor. A lot of those cats were plenty smart and could have easily made way more easily and faster working in finance or anything else. It was more like, 'Hey! I love playing games and if I can make them and get people to pay me, sweet!'

That's why I said "companies", Cutter. In the beginning of any industry, you have tinkerers and hobbyists that are in to it solely for the sake of their own interest. For example, when Shockley, Bardeen and Brattain invented the transistor, I'd say it is reasonable to think it was one of those "what happens when I do this" moments. However, that didn't stop it from becoming the basis of the world changing juggernaut that digital technology is today.

10. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 11:22 Burrito of Peace

venomhed wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 11:04:
...and since when did dungeons have doors?)...

For a pretty long fucking time, actually. Dungeon Master immediately springs to mind. As does The Bard's Tale. Even Rogue and Moria had doors in their dungeons. The Ultima series had doors in its dungeons as did the Eye of the Beholder series and forward. Where have you been?

The story in Skyrim was leaps and bounds better than Oblivion. The whole story of Oblivion is you doing nothing more than shepherding a whiny bitch around the countryside while actually doing his job for him (closing the Oblivion portals). That's it. Oh, then you get to stand around and watch him become a golden dragon statue. Woo. Thanks for the awesome end game for my thousand plus hour investment. In fact, it wasn't until The Shivering Isles DLC that you got a storyline that centered wholly around your own character.

Everyone knew going in that Skyrim was the last gasp of the Gamebryo/Emotion engine. Bethesda was very clear in interviews that they had just re-written portions of the code to add routines that fit with their vision of Skyrim. After Skyrim, we could expect future ES games to be built atop an entirely different engine.

Every company is in it for the profit. That's why they're in business. Anyone who thinks that games, past or present, were created be saintly martyrs for the purity of art are, quite frankly, hilariously delusional.

4. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 10:32 Burrito of Peace

Well done, Bethesda. By far the best game of 2011. Now follow it up with a truly awesome sequel.  

News Comments > U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January
2. Re: U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January Feb 9, 2012, 20:58 Burrito of Peace

Market researcher NPD Group says the dearth of new games likely resulted in fewer people going to stores and buying other recent releases on impulse. Activision Blizzard's CEO Bobby Kotick had this to say: "It's all the goddamn fault of those filthy pirates! It's the only reason sales ever dip in our glorious master race inspired accounting system. Why, if we were able to crush the used game market and allowed to murder anyone who's ever downloaded a copy of Huck Finn, we'd be making eleventy hojillion dollars a second.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Tribler Feb 9, 2012, 19:54 Burrito of Peace

How is using Tribler for magnet links any different than, say, using a magnet link from a site that may be called something similar to Buccaneer's Harbor?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2012, 19:46 Burrito of Peace

Ratty wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 13:08:
I should add I make vegi chili....

The beans are fine though...

You, sir, make bean soup. Chili has no beans in it.

1725 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo