Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1538 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > On Loot Drop
17. Re: On Loot Drop Mar 3, 2011, 15:33 Burrito of Peace

All done in sarcasm, Blue.

Though I guess that shouldn't be a surprise with the shenanigans that happened during his time at Ion Storm.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Loot Drop
15. Re: On Loot Drop Mar 3, 2011, 15:20 Burrito of Peace

Their logo makes me want to punch a puppy and kick a baby.

Also, which of the three did Brenda sleep with to get that job?

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Announced
6. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Announced Mar 1, 2011, 14:42 Burrito of Peace

That ship looks so much like a Taidan cruiser it might as well be a direct clone.  

News Comments > NetDevil Layoffs?
6. Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Feb 24, 2011, 13:25 Burrito of Peace

Sucks to be those guys.  

News Comments > Total War: Shogun 2 Demo Next Week
6. Re: Total War: Shogun 2 Demo Next Week Feb 16, 2011, 08:05 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 06:38:
Why would you want to hack the demo?? For what purpose??

Why does anyone ever do anything? For "teh lulz", of course.

News Comments > New Relic RTS Plans
27. Re: New Relic RTS Plans Feb 15, 2011, 14:43 Burrito of Peace

If you're talking about Flotilla, eRe4s3r, I agree with you.

That game was suggested to me as well to help alleviate my need for a good space based RTS.

Sins of a Solar Empire is good...but it lacks the presentation of Homeworld.

I love SoaSE. The ability to mod it is fantastic and Ironclad is super supportive.

17. Re: New Relic RTS Plans Feb 15, 2011, 11:48 Burrito of Peace

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 11:24:
What's the closest clone to Homeworld then that is a modern day game?

There isn't one, unfortunately. Gratuitous Space Battles doesn't even come close and, no offense to cliffski, but it isn't even in the same league. However, they are two completely separate game genres.

If you own HW2, that will play fine on a modern system and it's what I play to get my HW fix even though it is the second best game in the series.

13. Re: New Relic RTS Plans Feb 15, 2011, 11:21 Burrito of Peace

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 11:15:
All this talk about Homeworld I gotta reinstall it and play it again, wonder if it works in Win7-64

Yes but it is a singular pain the ass. Registry hacks for modern widescreens don't work particularly well and you're limited to either Software or D3D mode. Both of which are pretty ugly.

However, the game itself is still made of awesome and win.

8. Re: New Relic RTS Plans Feb 15, 2011, 11:06 Burrito of Peace

Please please please please please please please please please please be HOMEWORLD 3!!!!!

I would suck dick for Homeworld 3, yes I would.

In a totally non-gay way.

News Comments > Paging Rogue Game Server Admins
7. Re: Paging Rogue Game Server Admins Feb 14, 2011, 15:18 Burrito of Peace

A friend and I used to run five Counterstrike servers and an FTP server for music and software when I worked at Dell. This was well before the days of torrenting and Napster was taboo.

Before that we ran several Quake and UT servers. We'd have whole floors of the tech support folks playing during the overnight shifts.

I miss those days but I don't miss the job or the company.

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Fixes
14. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Fixes Feb 14, 2011, 08:13 Burrito of Peace

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 05:37:
What the fuck kinda car game is this.

As I quickly have come to find out this isn't a "car game" at all. This is, as someone rightly pointed out, the world's first 60 dollar Facebook game for multiple platforms.

The cars handle like boats and ignore the whiny bullshit of "People don't know how to setup their controls". Some of us do. FFB is utter shit, auto-center works about 40% of the time on my setup.

I gave up when I was racing in a straight line, without elevation changes, and the car just magically decided to start spinning wildly. It couldn't even figure out what direction it wanted to spin in. First, we were going counterclockwise and then, with an audio clip of the engine screaming, we immediately reversed and spun clockwise.

This all occurred without my feet on the pedals or my hands on the wheel. I thought it might have been some oddness with the wheel, so I restarted the race...same problem. Tried again with the 360 controller...same problem.

Eden had a great idea with TDU1 and they have completely lost the plot with the sequel. Few people give a fuck about dumping money on clothes to increase your douchebag level or plastic surgery to make the mannequin-esque characters in game look more like trolls and less like some creepy childhood nightmare generator.

Further, who really gives a fuck about owning nightclubs in a racing game? REALLY? Studio fucking 54?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Testing This Year
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Testing This Year Feb 13, 2011, 14:20 Burrito of Peace

"Alpha testing" started last year.  

News Comments > Salem Perma-Death Explained
38. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 11, 2011, 09:30 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 08:57:
But please try to prove me wrong. Please do.

When you learn to debate without resorting to argumentum ad hominem, I'll entertain the idea.

Until then, read Adam Jones' "Genocide: A Comprehensive Introduction" and Chalk and Jonassohn's "The History and Sociology of Genocide".

36. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 11, 2011, 07:59 Burrito of Peace

Flatline wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 17:54:

The Germans were exceptional record keepers.

So were the Romans who, over the course of their empire's entire span, probably committed genocide on a far grander scale than the Nazis could ever masturbate to fantasies of. However, you rarely see the Romans demonized in history as they are the victors.

This notion of "the Nazis were the evilest thing EVAR!" is nothing more than ignorant emotionalism from perpetrators of professional victimhood.

Hell, we could go further and start chucking in religious texts too and say that the Christian deity is the greatest mass murder this planet has ever seen*.

*If we were to stipulate that said deity existed and that there was some truth to the religious texts detailing its actions.

19. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 10, 2011, 14:48 Burrito of Peace

Sepharo wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 14:26:
edit: Ahh, framing that response a different way he could just be a holocaust denier.

Sepharo gets a point.

I'm not actually denying that the events in World War II happened. Perhaps not as history records them exactly since the victors get to write history.

Basically, I was snarking on the fact that someone Godwin'd an MMO thread.

10. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 10, 2011, 13:47 Burrito of Peace

Sencho wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 13:17:

The 10-year organized mass genocide of millions of hated peoples run by perhaps the most singular evil being in human history compares to a months-long, regional hysteria sparked by a few lunatic girls in what way exactly?

Because the Salem witch-trials actually happened?

News Comments > Volition Would Kill to Make FreeSpace 3
45. Re: Volition Would Feb 9, 2011, 07:14 Burrito of Peace

Nuhauser wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 23:08:

Said what? I tried using it with Iwar2 on WinXP in 2001 and spent a couple of weeks doing research trying to get it working to no avail.

Swear to God. Particularly, I run I-War 2 in XP SP2 compatibility mode and I've never had an issue. It's probably my favorite space game of all time.

News Comments > Volition Would Kill to Make FreeSpace 3
14. Re: Volition Would Feb 8, 2011, 22:14 Burrito of Peace

Nuhauser wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 21:56:
Such bullshit how they killed the drivers for force feedback in WinXP.

~Looks at his MS Sidewinder Force Feedback stick, at Windows 7 installed on his box and the icons for FS1&2, I-War 2, Tachyon and Wing Commander (Project Vega) on his desktop~

No...no they didn't. That joystick kicks like a mule, especially in I-War.

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
27. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 8, 2011, 07:41 Burrito of Peace

I guess we should add sarcasm to the list of things that we're no longer allowed to use in posts.

That edit was absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary, especially given the text at the bottom.

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
14. removed Feb 7, 2011, 22:23 Burrito of Peace

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 8, 2011, 06:57.

1538 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo