Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1539 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter
12. Re: Respawn Making Sci-fi Shooter Jun 9, 2011, 10:27 Burrito of Peace

I can't wait to play as a marine/colonist fighting off hordes of military/alien/rebel enemies!

That's SO awesomely original!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Jun 7, 2011, 13:41 Burrito of Peace

Since Cliffski posted this, let's use GSB as an example.

At its core, GSB is nothing more than a game of rock-paper-scissors with a GUI. That's it. The fact that I can pick ribbon scissors versus paper scissors is irrelevant as the type of scissors doesn't significantly impact the execution of the game's entertainment.

Because of that, I can play any rock-paper-scissors game for free on any of the hundreds of free Flash-based game sites out there.

Why would I ever pay money for that type of game?

On the flip side of that, I willingly ponied up the money for Miner Wars even though it is only in an alpha state. I want those guys to succeed and I want them to finish the game because there are few competing alternatives in that genre of game. To me, my money was better spent on something I want and that I could not get for free legally.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Demo
25. Re: Dungeon Siege III Demo Jun 7, 2011, 12:52 Burrito of Peace

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 10:26:
Now that's a great consolation. Hey maybe it's not even as bad as cancer huh?

Cancer has the possibility of being curable whereas a bad game is forever a bad game.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 4, 2011, 13:37 Burrito of Peace

I concur. I wonder if some of the Fark or Anon guys would like to rip Funnyjunk apart.  

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
41. Re: Sound Core3D Announced Jun 1, 2011, 08:05 Burrito of Peace

Nate wrote on May 31, 2011, 20:21:
You want to go HDMI. Assuming your receiver supports HDMI or your buying a new one. Then you just need the video card, which you may already have since your reading Blue's News.

Please excuse my ignorance on this. Using HDMI to the receiver, can I pipe out only audio off the video card? It's an MSI 480GTX.

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
9. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 13:02 Burrito of Peace

I used to use onboard sound and it did a very good job with a 5.1 system with those multicolored 1/8" jacks.

Then I moved to a receiver with a home theatre 7.1 setup and discovered that the optical out on my onboard audio only does stereo as confirmed by the board manufacturer.

Regrettably, I am now using a Soundblaster drop-in until I upgrade the whole system and find a board that supports 7.1 Dolby on optical.

News Comments > Futuremark Teases Three Games
11. Re: Futuremark Teases Three Games May 28, 2011, 09:35 Burrito of Peace

The space sim genre does certainly need a revival. However, to me, it looked like a twitchy space shooter. No thanks, I'll pass.

News Comments > Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs
39. Re: Chinese Gold-Farming Chain Gangs May 26, 2011, 18:45 Burrito of Peace

WOLVERINES!!!!!  

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 24, 2011, 13:05 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on May 24, 2011, 12:06:

I think if you looked at where gaming started, and what some of the popular contemporaries are these days, then yes, I'd call them "intelligent entertainment".

Hey! Nibbles is still a far more enthralling experience than your average Hollywood shovelware.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
18. Re: Quote of the  Day May 18, 2011, 13:59 Burrito of Peace

I guess I'm simple. When your product becomes so ridiculously difficult to use because you run your business based on fear, then I no longer need to use or purchase your product.

When your entire industry decides to go that route, and becomes personally inconvenient to me to use as a form of entertainment, I will just find a different source of entertainment. I understand that that I am in the minority but the most important thing about that minority is that you're not just losing one sale, you're losing an entire lifetime of sales.

I have come to embrace Steam because of that very idea. They make it easy for me to install the games I have purchased on whatever machines I wish so long as I am logged in to their system on only one machine at a time. I can live with that as I find that to be a fair and equitable trade. I used to be concerned with sometimes not being connected to a network but the offline mode makes that no longer an issue.

What a bunch of whiny prima donnas.

News Comments > New Total War Game in The Works
5. Re: New Total War Game in The Works May 18, 2011, 13:26 Burrito of Peace

Total War: 5000BC.

That might be interesting.

Though I agree with a TW sci fi RTS. That would kick ass. Especially if the grounded it in real(ish) science fact.

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
55. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 21:05 Burrito of Peace

I guess I'm confused.

Can someone please explain to me what all the hullabaloo is about?

How does the sexuality of a character interfere with the telling of a good story*?

It doesn't. So I learned while reading John Varley's "Ophiuchi Hotline" when I was a kid.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers
6. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers May 14, 2011, 23:14 Burrito of Peace

Jackplug wrote on May 14, 2011, 20:41:
rambling political blathering was here

Really? You gotta bring that truther conspiracy bullshit on to a gaming website?

Isn't there some politician you can be harassing for their birth certificate?

News Comments > The Creative Assembly's Alien Game Plans
12. Re: Creative Assembly's Alien Game Plans May 12, 2011, 14:27 Burrito of Peace

Game over, man! Game over!  

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
8. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 12:45 Burrito of Peace

I can see the connection. Both objects are overhyped*, underperforming* cult objects that should have long ago faded away and made room for better products.

*Full Disclosure: I fucking HATE the Beatles. For about a decade of my childhood, that is all my Dad would listen to. Burned out on them entirely and I can not view them objectively.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews May 11, 2011, 12:40 Burrito of Peace

I'm...kind of underwhelmed by the launch of the Z68 platform.

SSD caching? That's it?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2011, 20:42 Burrito of Peace

Suddenly_Dead wrote on May 6, 2011, 16:08:
He is being over-the-top, but neither the rootkit fiasco that he mentioned nor the PSN business are upsetting people over gaming. It's more about the loss of trust, theft of information, and all that.

Bingo. It was gratuitous hyperbole.

Leaking your customers' private data is never acceptable, the facts of how it was permitted is, at the very least, egregiously incompetent and the proceeding behavior by Sony was nothing short of contemptible.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. removed May 6, 2011, 14:30 Burrito of Peace

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 6, 2011, 19:59.

News Comments > Dead Block Announced
7. Re: Dead Block Announced May 6, 2011, 08:41 Burrito of Peace

gilly775 wrote on May 6, 2011, 08:37:
NKD wrote on May 6, 2011, 01:41:
A good space sim might be nice.

Take you pick:
Elite IV is being worked on
X Rebirth is being worked on
You have the Evochron series
and Starpoint Gemini

Starpoint Gemini shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the other three games. It was horrible.

News Comments > New Might and Magic Domain
4. Re: New Might and Magic Domain May 5, 2011, 08:12 Burrito of Peace

I really miss Clouds of Xeen and Darkside of Xeen. It's the only game series I can remember where if you installed the two of them side by side they became the "World of Xeen", a whole different title.  

1539 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo