Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1447 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

News Comments > On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL
35. Re: On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL Jan 30, 2011, 22:41 Burrito of Peace

Is this the thread where I say that I have to pee?

Because I really have to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brian Wood Memorial Game Design Internship
3. Re: Brian Wood Memorial Game Design Internship Jan 27, 2011, 22:50 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 21:34:
Doesn't matter WHAT they are working on, it's just AWESOME that a internship is done in his name.

Sides THQ owns the rights to the Homeworld IP.

I'd care, even were I dead. The last thing I would want is my memorial being Extreme Truckers 3: Belching down the Beltway.

News Comments > Brian Wood Memorial Game Design Internship
1. Re: Brian Wood Memorial Game Design Internship Jan 27, 2011, 18:50 Burrito of Peace

Hopefully those Brian Wood Memorial Game Fund Interns are working on something good, like Homeworld 3.  

News Comments > Shogun 2: Total War Trailer, Q&A
8. Re: Shogun 2: Total War Trailer, Q&A Jan 27, 2011, 14:11 Burrito of Peace

I saw some stuttering when panning the camera around the battlefield.

I'm hoping that was just a product of video compression as E:TW had some horrific problems with framerates on my machine in the beginning.

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Trailer
3. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Trailer Jan 25, 2011, 14:53 Burrito of Peace

So you can add different skins to your cars. It's not that much different than what you could do in Midnight Club LA.

News Comments > DC Universe Online Patched
15. Re: DC Universe Online Patched Jan 23, 2011, 21:58 Burrito of Peace

finga wrote on Jan 23, 2011, 20:50:
...racing games...

My wheel and pedal set disagree. Any one seriously in to racing simulators and even arcade games has a wheel and pedal setup.

Gamepad racing is for console kiddies.

News Comments > Mount & Blade - With Fire and Sword Announced
2. Re: Mount & Blade - With Fire and Sword Announced Jan 20, 2011, 15:05 Burrito of Peace

Less scenery shots and more gameplay shots.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Drivers and Upcoming Games
5. Re: NVIDIA Drivers and Upcoming Games Jan 20, 2011, 12:57 Burrito of Peace

Blue, you are correct.

Though, this point, I'd say it's vaporware. The game's website is gone as is the developer's.

3. Re: NVIDIA Drivers and Upcoming Games Jan 20, 2011, 12:21 Burrito of Peace

Techie714 wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 11:31:
"They" Must have missed that one what is it about?

Them

1. Re: NVIDIA Drivers and Upcoming Games Jan 20, 2011, 11:08 Burrito of Peace

Fable III? For PC? SQUEEEEEE!

Yes, I am totally fucking with you.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 19, 2011, 08:11 Burrito of Peace

I have to admit being somewhat puzzled by some folks' reaction. You were just given the keys to the kingdom of the hardware you legally own...and you think that's a bad thing?

Because you fear you won't be able to move your little digital avatar around and go pew pew to other people's digital avatars? Really? It never occurs to you that the company involved is acting like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum?

It's beginning to disturb me a bit as I am starting to see just how much liberty people are willing to give up for a new illusion of security or a few fleeting moments of entertainment.

And these are not hackers...these are crackers. Without crackers, we'd probably be on Starforce version 7.0 which would require daily blood samples to continue using the products you legally purchased.

News Comments > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced
13. Re: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Announced Jan 19, 2011, 08:01 Burrito of Peace

Overon wrote on Jan 18, 2011, 21:37:
Who is Eric Johnson?

Seriously?

Wow.

News Comments > No Dynamic Difficulty in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
31. Re: No Dynamic Difficulty in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jan 18, 2011, 13:27 Burrito of Peace

I like bees.

If you complain about PC games...you're a homosexual who hates the baby Jesus.

If you complain about console games...you're a thee fingered midget named Steve who likes to club baby seals.

If you complain about both...you're probably Seventh Day Adventist and there is no hope for you.

That cover everybody?

News Comments > 2010 Game Sales Down
18. Re: 2010 Game Sales Down Jan 13, 2011, 22:46 Burrito of Peace

BLOODY PIRATES!

Meh, who cares. I keep hitting the food pellet bar but I'm not getting Call of Honor Warfare XXIV: Afghani Purple Special Death Brigade.

How will I spend my 60 dollars on my next four hours of game play?

News Comments > Shift 2 Unleashed in March
3. Re: Shift 2 Unleashed in March Jan 13, 2011, 18:48 Burrito of Peace

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 13, 2011, 18:39:
Where did you get that info from? Did I miss something?

Every clip they've shown thus far has all the races being at night.

News Comments > Cryptic's Top Secret Project
7. Re: Cryptic's Top Secret Project Jan 13, 2011, 13:56 Burrito of Peace

I hope their top secret work is releasing a game that's actually enjoyable to play.  

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
16. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 14:54 Burrito of Peace

Ratty wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 13:08:
Wow, that's a stunningly retarded analogy. Did I say I wanted to keep my room-sized Univac, or maybe my old DOS 1.0 box?

Not really. The difference in progression between the Model T and, say, a modern F150 is the same ratio of progression in technology between the archaic XP kernel and the modern Win 7 kernel.

It's unfortunate that you don't know enough about the OSes themselves to have grasped that concept.

Scarily enough, I agree with Beamer.

It's morons spewing ignorant, bullshit FUD that makes a very small segment say "XP is easier/simpler/better/more stable than Windows 7" without realizing just how wrong they are.

XP was great...in 2000, when I had it as a beta build on the hardware of that era.

Today, fuck, I can't imagine trying to actually run XP x64, or even 32 bit, on modern hardware. What a waste of money on the hardware.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Specs
4. Re: Bulletstorm Specs Jan 11, 2011, 12:11 Burrito of Peace

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 11, 2011, 12:07:
Maybe some people don't want to install a new OS if everything is already working. What's the point in upgrading if you don't need to?

I'm sure a Model T would still classify as "already working" too. However, I prefer modern conveniences like air conditioning.

XP "works", true, but it lacks a lot of the refinement and advances that Windows 7 offers.

News Comments > Thief 4 at GDC?
6. Re: Thief 4 at GDC? Jan 6, 2011, 22:54 Burrito of Peace

I'll take me some new Thief. It can not be any worse than Total War: The Abortion That Lived or Dawn of War II - We Keep Milking This Franchise or Final Fantasy XXXXIV: We're really not rehashing the same game for you stupid round eyes.  

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
39. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Jan 5, 2011, 22:43 Burrito of Peace

JohnnyRotten wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 19:44:

Yeah, the original post could be summed up as "internet lawyer making shit up". Free is NOT automatically equal to releasing into the public domain.

Or it could be more accurately summed up as gained experience based on working very hard as part of an internal team to get an MMO that was sunsetted released to the fans who wanted to run their own servers.

Then the lawyers got involved and that's the word that was given.

1447 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 35.
< Newer [ 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo