Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1456 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > SteamOS Beta Released
2. Re: SteamOS Beta Released Dec 13, 2013, 21:43 Burrito of Peace

FUCK YEAH! Downloading to install in a VM now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Who's Really Ahead, PS4 or Xbox One? Dec 12, 2013, 10:41 Burrito of Peace

Who fucking cares? Buy whichever one you like or both. I don't care, I'm not the fucking console police.

It's shit like that that makes the stupidity of fanboyism even more rampant.

News Comments > Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale
14. Re: Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics Free in GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 12, 2013, 10:33 Burrito of Peace

I liked Tactics. I liked the idea of taking raw recruits to the BoS and turning them in to badass Paladin. Paladin Radchek's speech at the opening, found here, was awesome and reminded me of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann from Full Metal Jacket.

To me, it was a nice tack away from the now tired "Vault Dweller" opening of every Fallout up until New Vegas.

News Comments > SteamOS on Friday
16. Re: SteamOS on Friday Dec 12, 2013, 09:21 Burrito of Peace

I'll be trying it tomorrow as well.

The only reason I have a Windows install is to play games.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
22. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2013, 09:47 Burrito of Peace

Armengar wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 17:08:
Then you should be taken out and shot for using a 4 drive raid 0

Fuck that noise. Why else would I have a locally attached 4 bay if not for speed? For data security, you replicate to an iSCSI driven rackmount.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 9, 2013, 15:38 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 11:32:
There isn't a single external device out there that maxes a USB 2.0 bus.

4 bay NAS configured in RAID 0 moving a single 3TB file across a USB 2.0 connection will dime that USB connection and make it cry like a prison bitch.

Uncompressed video coming in through an external capture rig will saturate a USB 2.0 bus.

Hell, have enough peripherals attached and functioning all at the same time and you can easily saturate a bus to a fault state.

News Comments > Star Lords Early Access
16. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 17:43 Burrito of Peace

I will add my own voice of support for Stardrive. I have really enjoyed my time with it and, as LiTh says, it could have more/better/refined features. However, I didn't feel lost in it at all nor did I feel that I got ripped off in any way.

Also, it is INCREDIBLY mod friendly and there are at least a dozen really good mods available for it. Further, the dev has used two of those mods and rolled them in to the game, after asking permission of the mod creators and giving them full credit.

Buy it or not, up to you, but one guy with an axe to grind shouldn't be taken as gospel.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2013, 15:20 Burrito of Peace

BobBob wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 12:10:
Why all the recent foul language in this forum?

Why the fuck not?

News Comments > Star Lords Early Access
8. Re: Star Lords Early Access Dec 6, 2013, 12:29 Burrito of Peace

I'm very tempted, after all it's just $20, but the screenshots show that the in-game view is just crammed with assloads of windows of information. That's more a MOO3 thing than MOO2.

I don't want to handhold every ship captain and squad leader, but I also don't want a glib approach to empire management.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2013, 21:45 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2013, 21:22:
Four mons in a 2x2 array MAKES NO SENSE.

It makes absolute sense if you use multiple monitors for something other than gaming. I run 4 monitors in a 2x2 setup. The bottom two are for all my work. The upper two serve as status boards. iDRAC, CNCM, heartbeat daemon monitor, ad infinitum. All the incredibly useful information I need at a glance. I found constantly scanning left and right in a 4x1 pattern gave me a sore neck and headaches. In a 2x2 scenario, I can just flick my eyes upward and see the information I need.

I know for a fact that I am far from the only one with this setup and usually for the same reasons. Quick access to vital information as quickly as possible in a natural range of motion.

The 2x2 monitor setups in the Phoronix article are just fucking horrible, though. Why not just go frameless and be done with it?

News Comments > Starbound Beta This Week
5. Re: RE: Follow up Dec 2, 2013, 08:30 Burrito of Peace

If only there was the capability to mulithread, cache in memory and perform read-aheads. If only...

Then again, that would imply there was some effort being placed in to actual production value.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
8. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 1, 2013, 09:58 Burrito of Peace

Jensen wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 00:00:
You can put Windows on a Macbook.

So? The ecosystem is more than just the OS. It's also about the ease of hardware repair and upgrade, too. Apple has always come in last place with that. I think the only laptop to ever score worse than an Apple laptop on CRU was the Dell Latitude 2100.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 30, 2013, 22:08 Burrito of Peace

Jensen wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 15:40:
...just about any tech site will recommend Apple laptops over any PC laptop.

None of the objective, honest ones do. Not one of them will recommend a closed, draconian ecosystem over the open standard that is a non-OSX laptop (whether it be Linux or Windows).

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer Nov 30, 2013, 21:56 Burrito of Peace

Trevellian wrote on Nov 30, 2013, 21:41:
Last I had heard I thought Creative Assembly was supposed to be making a 40k Total War game, wtf happened to that?

They're still staffing up their 10,000 man strong AI team.

News Comments > Clandestine Announced
7. Re: Clandestine Announced Nov 29, 2013, 10:07 Burrito of Peace

You can always tell when a couple of Full Sail graduates come together to try and create something...  

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
72. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 22:23 Burrito of Peace

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 20:48:
But the claim that Black Flag is better than Sleeping Dogs

Was never typed by me. I made no such claim, I merely said that that was the current game I was genuinely enjoying. I drew no comparisons between the two.

Sorry I just set your straw man on fire.

38. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 20:19 Burrito of Peace

Prez wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 20:00:
Sorry that you didn't enjoy it Burrito, but I have to echo everyone else - Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic game.

It's fine, Prez. I actually only bought it because nin recommended it so highly and so often. Some times you win and some times you lose.

36. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 19:35 Burrito of Peace

Here are my problems with Sleeping Dogs:

• The "storyline" is tissue thin and feels like it came from of a rejected 70s movie script.

• Major plot points are telegraphed like neon signs.

• The characters are walking, talking stereotypes.

• The combat system is about as fluid as a fat guy in peanut butter.

• The driving physics are less realistic than Super Mario Kart.

• There are, what, 5-7 mission types in-game and they are repeated to the point of absurdity. Oh look, another surveillance mission! Oh look, another thug intimidation mission! Sure glad I haven't done each of these a dozen times before!

• Leveling up for clothing/jewelry/accessories that are plainly listed as knockoffs is comically tragic.

• The voice actors either go from sounding bored and flat to extremely over the top. Nuance? Subtly? Not here!

• Everything about the game screams "generic" and there is absolutely nothing about the game that makes it stand out in its own fiction genre. To me, this game feels like it was written either by someone who absolutely hates chopsocky like it killed their entire family or it was drafted by someone who looked up the phrase on Wikipedia and decided to wing it.

• I play games for their storylines, characters, the attention to detail in-game and the experience they deliver. To give you a good measure, I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag and absolutely loving it. I can't put it down.

30. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 18:41 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:55:
    edit: Oh, and go buy Sleeping Dogs!

Or don't. That game was abysmally boring and the stiff animations were hilariously bad.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Air Conflicts: Vietnam
    2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Air Conflicts: Vietnam Nov 27, 2013, 07:39 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 22:11:
    Over half the trailer are credits and they can't even pony up the dough for Vietnam era songs? Not even covers? Just some shitty bar band rock? Oh yeah, I'm sure this game won't suck too bad.

It's actually quite horrible. The production values are crap, the visuals are crap, the feel of the game is crap and even the music is crap.

1456 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 4.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo