Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1447 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up
8. Re: The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up Jan 20, 2012, 23:57 Burrito of Peace

Doombringer wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 23:37:
This happens very often, in many MMOs.

You'd think that developers would learn from past mistakes then, wouldn't you?

Alas, no. MMOs are not, in general, and never have been about making a good product. They're always cash grabs that see the "developer" riding it down to the bitter end, shutting down the studio and then opening up under a new name for yet another MMO cash grab. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Any action taken by a player within the systems and mechanics created by the developer which in any way possibly threatens that monetary stream is consistently met with a draconian response. Why? Because, again, it's not about the game and never was. It's not about the player base. That's all bullshit window dressing.

The one thing I'll give CCP is that they are one of the few honest MMO purveyors. They largely don't give a fuck what you do in Eve so long as the cash keeps rolling in.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Kinect for Windows Next Month
3. Re: Kinect for Windows Next Month Jan 10, 2012, 11:02 Burrito of Peace

Yay for Educational discounts!  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 9, 2012, 08:03 Burrito of Peace

Over the Christmas break, my Dad's account was hacked and 6000+ points were jacked from his account along with the account itself.

He plays on Live with exactly two other people, myself and my brother. His email is unique and his password is not one that you would easily break with a brute force dictionary attack.

MS has been compromised but, after seeing what happened with the PSN, they're clearly not going to announce that they have been.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
21. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 7, 2012, 12:44 Burrito of Peace

Prez wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 10:38:
Respect to you as well, but there is no way to do it wrong. A horrid UI and using a controller which makes the simplest of tasks a chore can make even a simple scheme unpleasant to use.

Nothing beats a true media center; this generation's consoles are way behind by my experience.

Except you weren't originally discussing the experience of "which is better". You described it as a near impossible chore, which it isn't.

Certainly, you may not prefer the UI and control mechanism (of which a controller is only one of several on the 360), but preference does not equate to difficulty.

The fact is that it's no harder than three button pushes and two movements on a 360 controller (ignoring the other two mainstream control options) to get a movie streaming over it. Hell, it's easier than finding and selecting a show on a cable box.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
18. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 7, 2012, 08:27 Burrito of Peace

Prez wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 22:53:
I tried streaming movies over my kids' console. It was atrocious. Trying to navigate the menus was sort of liketrying to thread a needle in the dark with frozen fingers.

Then, respectfully, you're doing it wrong. I use my mother as a baseline for how intuitive and/or easy technology is to use as she's the least technologically inclined person I know.

On the Xbox 360, from the sign in screen, she can navigate and start a movie streaming from the media server I setup in less than 10 seconds.

I can't speak for the PS3 as I don't, and won't, have one nor can I for the Wii as I don't have one either.

News Comments > Horizon on the Horizon
8. Re: Horizon on the Horizon Jan 3, 2012, 13:56 Burrito of Peace

So...this group is basically just cloning MOO2 with the claymation fugliness of Star Control 3?  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 10:46 Burrito of Peace

"Too much" being defined as "completely negating our poorly designed economic system".

I feel it's unethical to warn, suspend or ban players who are playing the game within the mechanics you designed instead of the way you intended. If your mechanics allow an action you did not intend, change the mechanics.

News Comments > A Vampyre Story 2 On Hold, Cancellation Possible
2. Re: A Vampyre Story 2 On Hold, Cancellation Possible Dec 29, 2011, 12:55 Burrito of Peace

Gee, simple household economics here, but you never count on future cash to spend that you don't already have in the bank.

Sorry you suck at math.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 20, 2011, 16:21 Burrito of Peace

Western Digital also bought Hitachi Global Storage, too, not that long ago. Which is unfortunate as Hitachi used to make some really good, reliable hard drives. Unlike every WD drive I've ever owned or come across.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
29. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 15:16 Burrito of Peace

Trying to buy Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2 with all the DLC.

The payment system is kicking back the error that I am trying to buy DLC for a game I do not already own.

Gee, maybe I'm trying to buy the game and the DLC at one shot so I don't have to go back and fight with your badly overloaded servers a second time?

News Comments > Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up
18. Re: Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up Dec 15, 2011, 21:14 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 19:16:
That seems to be the consensus from those in the know and history seems to bear it out. He's just another living of example of how it's better to tbe lucky than good.

What, 35 million dollars down the drain, three complete reboots and 6 years of development time with continual promises about how awesome Tabula Rasa would be wasn't a clear enough example on its own?

News Comments > Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up
10. Re: Lord British/EA UO2 Follow-up Dec 15, 2011, 13:14 Burrito of Peace

Bhruic wrote on Dec 15, 2011, 13:08:
I'm not sure if it's the one you're thinking of, but Oubliette was one of, if not the first. 1977, and Wizardry cited it as one of its inspirations. It was a fun game to play, if a bit frustrating, I think I spent more time rolling characters than I did actually playing.

Man, I didn't know we had senior citizens on this site. Cool!

LoG definitely also reminds me of DM, especially their most recent batch of screenshots which clearly shows an updated Screamer. I'll definitely buy it, if it is reasonably priced, to re-experience that magic again. I must have played DM for thousands upon thousands of hours when I was a kid.

"Thanks for the staff. Now you die."
End of game.

News Comments > Square Enix Breached
1. Re: Square Enix Breached Dec 15, 2011, 12:18 Burrito of Peace

Yet another reason to give out as much false information as possible.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Acceptable ads in Adblock Plus Dec 13, 2011, 14:51 Burrito of Peace

No ad is a "good" ad, sorry. I don't want to visit BN (just using it as an example, not calling Blue out) and get bombarded with six ads in six different places THAT ARE ALL THE SAME AD. Especially the Flash animated ones that take fucking forever to load. Further, I don't want to visit BN and have some yuppie fucking ad trying to sell me a Prius. Not only will I never buy a Toyota, it has nothing to do with the content of the site itself.

I understand there are costs involved with running a website. Blue has asked before that, in place of ads, would people be willing to pay subs. Yes, yes I would. If the difference between reading BN every day and never seeing BN again is $5/month, I'll gladly pay that 5 bucks a month. That's $70 a year which means that, with tax included, it's one less console shovel-ware crapfest that I'll purchase.

Now that they've made their decision public, I'll make sure to spread how to turn it off to as many friends as possible via as many outlets as possible.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
48. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 09:51 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 01:07:

I found the mouse worked better in 1.1. Now my Y axis is faster than my X axis and it's weird. (at work, anyway.)

And you'll quickly think differently when you die for the 20th time from a mage who kills you within 0.00001 seconds of seeing you.

My orc is stuck in a dungeon with mages and no way out, basically.

Creston

Ward + Destruction spell = crazy delicious.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
3. Re: Hardware Reviews Nov 14, 2011, 10:42 Burrito of Peace

Here you go, Blue!  

News Comments > On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans
14. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 14:43 Burrito of Peace

Razorclaw wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 13:55:
bohemia is not a household name? lol right. did you get your first pc this week as well?

Sorry, fanboi, they're not. If I went up to my mother and asked her who Blizzard, EA, Atari, Microsoft or Activision were, she would know. If I asked her whom Bohemia Interactive was, she'd not have a clue.

Household name means that the brand is recognizable by people who are not their target demographic. Hell, I would wager that if you asked a random sampling of gamers of all types of interest (not just FPS), you'd get several people who would ask "Bohemiawho?"

News Comments > New Telepath RPG: Servants of God Demo
1. Re: New Telepath RPG: Servants of God Demo Nov 6, 2011, 14:25 Burrito of Peace

Hellbinder should be all over this game.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 13:42 Burrito of Peace

Or, kid, you could maybe take off your rose-tinted goggles and realize that Hellbinder is one guy, and not every Christian believes like he does.

Or is that too difficult too comprehend?

Creston

I realize that. However, for every one rational human being with a religious conviction, there are a hundred thousand more who are mouth breathing morons that willfully follow whatever the guy in the cheap suit at the pulpit says.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
22. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 12:32 Burrito of Peace

Hellbinder wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 10:30:
yaaay yet another game that teaches 6-12 year old (and all ages) the sheer enjoyment of being a complete scum sucking thief, violent abuser of innocent people and criminal.

but of course go ahead flame away about your personal right to corrupt your mind with as much filth as possible and how none of these violent games, movies and music children are pumping into there heads for countless hours a day, week and year is having no effect at all on our youth or society.

and don't give me lame excuses about it having an M rating because the years of abuse people have already put in their heads with this trash has already blinded them to any sense of decency on why their 4 year old shouldn't be encouraged to play act out violence on innocent people.

(i know, i know... im an idiot a loser a fool who doesn't know what im talking about,,, meanwhile 12 year old's are pushing shopping carts from 4 stories up an innocent lady and they are laughing and telling jokes to each other about it.)

Kids, in this example we see the Christian Hypocrisy Effect at work. Bereft of logic and common sense, the Christian decries modern culture as violent while preaching the ethos of the book their social club was founded upon as the ideal model of cultural establishment. A book, as you remember from last week's lesson, that is full of hate, rape, murder, enslavement and genocide. It's also worth remembering that this very same social club is responsible for more suffering and death than any nation that has ever existed on the planet.

1447 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo