Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1537 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 1, 2012, 15:40 Burrito of Peace

This was an incredibly stupid article. The author needs to stick with mobile devices if something as fundamental as a "volume" blows his mind.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 09:56 Burrito of Peace

Best of luck to you and MrsBlue. Glad to know you guys are ok.  

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
34. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 29, 2012, 08:29 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 08:17:
Saints Row the third feels like a boring cardboard cutout of a city compared.

FTFU. As much as I love the SR series, I have never been able to finish SR3 because it's just so goddamned boring and stiff. 2 was the best so far in the SR franchise. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see another SR iteration.

But, you're right, even compared to itself the Third is a cardboard cutout.

News Comments > GTA5 in Spring?
32. Re: GTA5 in Spring? Oct 29, 2012, 08:15 Burrito of Peace

Yakubs wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 19:21:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 18:40:
The GTA formula is pretty stale these days. The series has been already been surpassed in terms of game mechanics by the likes of Just Cause 2, Saboteur, Prototype, Sleeping Dogs, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed, Red Faction Guerrilla and practically any other open-world game released in the past five years.

Rockstar needs to focus on quality and innovation in GTA5, rather than quantity. Having 1000 different things to do doesn't really mean much if those things are all shallow and forgettable.

Truth. Honestly, the formula was already stale with San Andreas when all the changes they made were a step back from Vice City. GTA4 was an exercise in tedium. I don't know why people find it appealing to follow on-screen instructions and then watch cut-scenes.

I agree with the both of you. I, also, don't get the love for the game. The physics were atrocious, the characters were either forgettable or so annoying that I would have killed them myself were it possible, the story was threadbare and done better before AND since in other titles and the world was just really bland.

In fact, in a lot of ways, I felt like GTA was trying, to some degree, to mimic Saints Row. Which is incredibly meta but still done poorly. The loud, jacked up steroid guy? The incredibly bad Russian mafia characters? That Patty McIrishStereotype guy? Saints Row's charm is that they deliberately caricaturized their entire world and everyone in it. GTAs world was just...clown shoes.

If a body likes it, I'm happy for them. I just don't get "why".

News Comments > Firefly HD Games Next Month
15. Re: Firefly HD Games Next Month Oct 26, 2012, 23:22 Burrito of Peace

Dev wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 16:15:
I did too! Such a fun game.
That and what was the other one... Startopia I think?

Yup, developed by Muckyfoot. Their first, last and only game. It works great under Windows XP if you have some fairly old hardware laying around.

Unfortunately, it absolutely will not play under Win 7 or on modern video cards.

Edit: They actually did three games. Urban Chaos, Startopia and Blade II.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2012, 23:28.

News Comments > Firefly HD Games Next Month
3. Re: Firefly HD Games Next Month Oct 26, 2012, 12:21 Burrito of Peace

Hell yeah!

I LOVED Space Colony. It was amusing.

News Comments > Distance Kickstarter
22. Re: Distance Kickstarter Oct 25, 2012, 15:10 Burrito of Peace

deqer wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 11:30:
No one likes to by flying down the road and then suddenly hit an obstacle and come to a complete stop. That's not fun.

I and about a literal million other racing sim fans vehemently disagree. The Simbin games, in particular, were brutally hard and immensely fun. There are plenty of kiddie arcade racers on consoles already. NFS, Forza, GT, Mario...to name just a handful.

Sliding "all around the track" is boring as Hell. Now, sliding around the corner of an old backwoods country dirt road by kicking the tail out is LOADS of fun...provided you know how to get the vehicle back in a straight line.

I miss playing games like GT Legends online with other people who knew how to actually drive instead of flailing around like a drunken, epileptic, retarded kid.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 20:42 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 18:32:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 17:31:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 14:10:
Oh, and Hotline Miami is downloading right now. I see Jaguar grabbed it - any comments? Thinking I will indulge this evening....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219150

I don't get the attraction to 8 bit games. I've spent $1000s over the last 20 years trying to upgrade my hardware to get away from 8 bit graphics, so I feel no nostalgia to return. Can someone enlighten me?

Fun is fun regardless of the graphics.

Except if the graphics are a major distraction to an individual, then fun is not "fun regardless of graphics".

Semantics? Maybe but I generally tend to agree. Why pay for 8 bit graphics as a major point when you can download ROMs and emulators for free?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2012, 10:37 Burrito of Peace

Iron Man 3 Trailer.

FUCK YEAH! Love me some Iron Man.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 20, 2012, 13:22 Burrito of Peace

Except that it is in the desktop and enterprise environment. See, the biggest piece of the pie isn't in ULV procs. It's still in mainline procs.

Take, for example, Ford. Is Ford going to be buying more Dell/HP/Lenovo systems and servers or more iPads during their next upgrade cycle? Chances are, Ford isn't going to be spending a couple tens of millions worldwide on iPads.

That's where the anti-trust/monopoly suits come from. Not "Well, we have ARM and Snapdragon processors in mobile phones and tablets so it's totally cool for you to be the only producer of desktop and server processors."

It is in Intel's best interest to keep a competitor alive in every market segment. It's also cheaper than a lawsuit, too.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Oct 19, 2012, 14:03 Burrito of Peace

Heh, I'm of a different opinion.

I find Dishonored...uninspiring. It's not bad but it doesn't excel in any one area that hasn't already been done in a previous game, sometimes better. It's this weird amalgamation of Thief and Bioshock in terms of mechanics, abilities and upgrade options and it just doesn't flow well for me.

On the other hand, Xcom fucking rocks. Now if it would stop crashing when I alt-tab out of it when it is in windowed mode, it would be perfect.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 19, 2012, 13:05 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2012, 10:46:
Holy shit AMD get it together!

They're in their downward spiral. They can not make competitive chips where it counts and they don't have a broad enough portfolio to have money coming in while they try and work on their core business.

I'd expect a "loan" from Intel via some cross-license deal to keep them afloat. It's cheaper to do that than fight yet another anti-trust suit simply because you're the only large player left on the field.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2012, 10:57 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 10:56:
Out of pure curiousity, how do you make chilli without beans?

Easily.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 12, 2012, 10:35 Burrito of Peace

YES! Go Mrs. Blue!

If you have made something resembling chile with beans, you have only succeeded in making bean soup.

News Comments > No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace
7. Re: No Adult Games on Windows 8 Marketplace Oct 11, 2012, 11:23 Burrito of Peace

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 11:17:
To quote my favorite author: "The whole principle is wrong; it's like demanding that grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't eat steak." -Heinlein

I think this is more appropriate:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 10, 2012, 14:59 Burrito of Peace

If you're seriously in to pirating, you don't do it from a raw connection. You're going through a proxy and you're making sure all your traffic is encrypted.

At best, this is going to collect casual "piracy" and, because it is so prevalent, ISPs aren't going to crack down that hard. Why would you piss off the people who keep paying you monthly? That's bad business.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
49. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 15:53 Burrito of Peace

HELP

I am going out of my mind. The in-game text says I can "hire" more scientists and engineers. Two personnel resources I am critically short of.

However, so far, the only way I seem to be able to acquire more scientists and engineers is by the end of the month payoff from "The Council" and as mission rewards.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 4, 2012, 19:02 Burrito of Peace

TheEmissary wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 11:26:
People have the right opportunity to get paid and compensated for content and material they produce.

FTFY.

There is no such "right" that exists, whether naturally or decreed by law, that says you will automagically have gold fall from the sky simply because you create something.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
23. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 18:56 Burrito of Peace

Look, Firaxis, you already have my pre-order money. Twice over, now.

JUST GIVE ME THE GODDAMNED GAME AND STOP TEASING ME!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Hackers shifting from ‘disruption’ to ‘destruction’- U.S. cyber chief. Oct 3, 2012, 09:49 Burrito of Peace

CYBER 9/11  

1537 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo