Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1643 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Hacker exposes ex-US President George H W Bush emails May 12, 2013, 09:56 Burrito of Peace

"No nudies of Babs included"

Puke Puke Puke Puke

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 6, 2013, 16:46 Burrito of Peace

dj LiTh wrote on May 6, 2013, 14:46:
Either that or the suicide rate climbs even higher

They just want to make sure they clear the nets.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2013, 12:15 Burrito of Peace

We have four Pis at the house running Raspbmc that do nothing but stream media off of the media server in the rack.

They work flawlessly and we've had zero issues so far with anything we've played. You have to manually setup the A/V sync in the settings menu, however.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs in November
18. Re: Watch_Dogs in November Apr 29, 2013, 17:07 Burrito of Peace

Fantaz wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 14:33:
...This game will probably come out on PC a lot earlier than GTA5, and even look better graphics wise.

That's not exactly a high bar to surpass. GTA5 looks like the previous generation engine it is.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 29, 2013, 11:04 Burrito of Peace

dj LiTh wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 10:46:
Happy Birthday Prez!

Also i broke down and got Stardrive, so far very stable, no slow downs, seems multithreaded but havent really put more than a few hours into it and that was just getting use to the system. All in all, its pretty great, GalCiv+Sins is how i'd describe it.

For me, it's more MOO 2 like than anything.

I'm loving it. I play a game every day.

News Comments > More THQ IP Sold
27. Re: More THQ IP Sold Apr 23, 2013, 12:55 Burrito of Peace

Homeworld goes to Geabox?

GODDAMNITSOFUCKINGMUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no hope for that once great IP. I now know I'll never see another contiguous installment in the game series I love before all others.

Really bummed.

News Comments > Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges
35. Re: Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges Apr 19, 2013, 19:23 Burrito of Peace

killer_roach wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 12:12:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:34:
In my fantasy world, Creative Assembly bought the IP and have decided to put a temporary hold on developing the Total War series after Rome II so they can work on Homeworld III.

Remember that Sega owns both The Creative Assembly and Relic, the developers of the original Homeworld games. They're the heavy favorite to be the buyer.

Damn, I had forgotten that Sega owns Relic now!

So, please please please please please please let it be Sega who bought it.

News Comments > Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges
12. Re: Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges Apr 19, 2013, 10:34 Burrito of Peace

In my fantasy world, Creative Assembly bought the IP and have decided to put a temporary hold on developing the Total War series after Rome II so they can work on Homeworld III.  

News Comments > Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing
10. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 18, 2013, 23:28 Burrito of Peace

Jerykk wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 22:40:
HorrorScope wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 21:03:
It's a new survival horror game. Next.

You mean, "awesome"? Because it's not like survival horror is a common genre these days, especially amongst big publishers. I'm certainly interested in this.

No, I'm pretty sure he just meant "next". Because it is exactly like there are many survival horror games. In fact, there are 17 of the fuckers either already released or to be released between last quarter and this year.

Yes, an absolute dearth of an already tired genre. Give the dead some rest and come up with something new and interesting.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 16, 2013, 22:49 Burrito of Peace

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 22:27:
You hear that sound? That's Microsoft back pedaling furiously after being "nudged" by Intel, who are less than happy that MS fucked up the PC market...

Since Intel owns a good portion of Red Hat and makes most of its money from the enterprise market, I'm sure they couldn't give a fuck less about the PC market.

In fact, they care so little about it that they are ceasing design and production of desktop motherboards entirely.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 16, 2013, 18:20 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 15:32:
...until MS gives me a compelling reason to upgrade...

For me, they did. RSAT. Want to remotely talk to a WinServer2012 box or cluster? You'll be needing Win8, whether you like it or not.

I have it, I use it on two desktops and one tablet. On the desktops, I am ambivalent about it. It's functional, does what I ask it to and very rarely gets in my way. The same could be said about Win7 for me. The Metro interface was not something I was used to but, after using my Surface since launch, I found the transition to be less than the total, mother raping nightmare that many others are making it out to be.

Could Win8 be better? Absolutely.
Could OS X be better? Absolutely.
Could KDE/GNOME be better? Absolutely.

However, ultimately, I can not defend Metro on the desktop. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense UNLESS you're a user who just uses their computer to use the web, an Office-like suite (if not Office itself), play casual games, answer email, Facebook, Tweet and watch Youtube videos. Then Metro makes sense, because it's all right in front of your face in easy to find and read tiles.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
10. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 14:00 Burrito of Peace

Just gives us an updated Privateer-style game with a living universe and the game will sell like gothcakes at a fat camp.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 11:41 Burrito of Peace

Fap fap fap fap fap fap fap  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2013, 11:37 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 10:32:
Grilling is so limited anyway. If it wasn't chefs would use it as their cooking medium of choice. I'll take a stove/oven over a grill any day of the week. Baking, roasting, braising, sauteing, frying, boiling, et al. are things you can't do - at least well, or efficiently - on a grill.

Or not.

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; "Subtly" Teases Horses
8. Re: Minecraft PC Sells $10MM; Apr 5, 2013, 12:31 Burrito of Peace

Good to see Notch sell 2000 copies of a $10 game. Go you!  

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
39. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 14:22 Burrito of Peace

Can we get a sequel to Xwing Alliance?  

News Comments > Thief 4 Trailer
7. Re: Thief 4 Trailer Apr 1, 2013, 21:52 Burrito of Peace

Ludomancer wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 20:34:
Dishonored did Thief almost better than Thief did.

Oh Hell no. Dishonored is a pale imitation made by gibbering monkeys compared to the first two Thief titles.

I can respect that Dishonored is an homage but it isn't even in the same category. For example, what part of Dishonored had even a tenth the impact as Shalebridge Cradle? What faction in Dishonored as nearly as interesting as the Hammerites?

This "game", as they are currently doling it out, is also not a Thief game. It's wearing the title but it is wholly lacking the soul and feel of the Thief universe. Where, for example, are the taffer loving guards? Why are there no bear pits?

Why does "Garrett" sound like a bored, trust-funded manchild?

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video
8. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 16:28 Burrito of Peace

DangerDog wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 16:24:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 16:13:
Yeah...Rasta Ninja.

No thanks, I'll pass.

It's not a game, it's just a show piece.

That's understood.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video
6. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 16:13 Burrito of Peace

Yeah...Rasta Ninja.

No thanks, I'll pass.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2013, 16:10 Burrito of Peace

The xenoracist society I'm good with. But, even in nin's screenshot, it just looks like someone used the clone tool excessively.  

1643 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo