Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 2036 (Senior)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
15. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 16, 2015, 19:16 Burrito of Peace

Trevellian wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 18:01:
I am definitely a Homeworld fanboy. It was my original "Favorite RTS of all time" when it released and I put countless hours into it. To me Homeworld is epic sci fi with a good story and very tight unit management. It doesn't have to be in space.

I have been following BBI since they first announced Hardware: Shipbreakers and have been salivating for this "Spiritual Successor" ever since I heard the same narrator for Homeworld in the original gameplay teasers.

This game has been in the works for years before Gearbox bought Homeworld and allowed them the rights to use the name and make it an actual part of the universe (Which I highly respect Gearbox for doing, honestly) You can't expect them to just drop what they had been working on and make a space game. There is nothing wrong with this being part of the universe.

ESPECIALLY since they took this opportunity to set the game on Kharak, which means it may be a prequel, which means the game would most possibly be about the Heresy Wars and the discovery of the Khar-Toba (The ship where they find the Hyperspace Core) which leads to the creation of the Kushan Mothership. Leading to the first Homeworld game, obviously.

Don't be so closed minded just because it is set on the ground.

Ditto to everything you've said. If you're a Homeworld fan, then you've already known for a long time that this is a prequel and is set many decades before the events of the first Homeworld. You also already know that Blackbird Interactive, a big chunk of the guys behind HW1 and HW2, have been working on this for years now and that Gearbox is only the publisher.

I preordered this about five minutes ago. I wish they had a Collector's Edition like HWRM. I would love to have a model of one of the original freighters that crash landed on Kharak to match my Mothership model.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
35. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 16, 2015, 10:29 Burrito of Peace

Correct me if I am wrong but the 8.1GB "update" that I just downloaded is Horizons even though I didn't buy Horizons, just the base game for $15 bucks when it was on sale recently?

Why the Hell would I need to download a program that I won't have access to?

It's early, I have no caffeine, and I'm somewhat confused.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer
10. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer Dec 15, 2015, 18:55 Burrito of Peace

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:46:
Buy Rogue cheap as it's basically Black Flag II.

Thanks for the recommendation! Just watched a couple of videos for it and it looks pretty much exactly what I want to play out of an AC game. I wasn't even aware that it existed.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper 360 Trailer Dec 15, 2015, 16:32 Burrito of Peace

How does Syndicate compare to Black Flag?

I loved Black Flag due to its piratical theme and ship combat. However, what I hated was the wonky controls and chasing after shit (like the shanties).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 14, 2015, 23:11 Burrito of Peace

HoSpanky wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 19:41:
Next up, he'll see if a GTX 980 is REALLY better than onboard video by using games such as Space Quest 3 and Zork as the testbed.

Oh, you mock. But my 980 runs tty like a fucking beast!

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 13, 2015, 20:46 Burrito of Peace

Pigeon wrote on Dec 13, 2015, 19:19:
I bought my own cable modem as well which has paid for itself and then some when you consider lame equipment rental fees.

And, on top of that, you don't have to worry about whatever backdoors may be installed by the ISPs on their shit equipment.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 13, 2015, 17:59 Burrito of Peace

For me, the fact that my parents (whom are in their late 60s) cut cable entirely and get all their content via an Xbox One and an HTPC that I built for them tells me a lot about the state of the cable industry. When you have the Boomers cutting out your service because their bill for the 5 channels they watch regularly (due to your shitty "package" system and inability to offer an ala carte service) is over $100 NOT counting all the bullshit, made up "fees" you tack on, then the cable industry is absolutely fucking clueless. Between my Amazon Prime account, and their Hulu and Netflix accounts, they've got access to all their favorite content and new movies releases for less than 25% of their former cable bill.

The sad part is that when cable companies finally pull their head out of their collective asses and figure this out, they will jack up the rates of their internet services and start slapping draconian data caps on its usage so they can attempt to recover that lost revenue. Given how bought and paid for the politicians are by these very same cable companies, there will be no market competition to keep these assholes' prices in check as they will literally be the only game in town (or one of two).

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Dec 12, 2015, 23:05 Burrito of Peace

I bought the game when it was new and played it for a few weeks. Like others have mentioned, the terrible writing, so-boring-watching-grass-grow-would-be-more-exciting quests, and the abysmal graphics were huge turnoffs for me.

All we needed was Skyrim co-op.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
4. Re: UK citizens may soon need licenses to photograph some stuff they already own Dec 12, 2015, 22:33 Burrito of Peace

What if I buy a TV but only hook it up to an HTPC to watch Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime? At that point it's just a monitor.  

News Comments > Rokh Announced
2. Re: Rokh Announced Dec 11, 2015, 11:25 Burrito of Peace

players will have to work together

To promote real social and economic dynamics between the colonists, these systems are designed to be impossible to be mastered by a single player.

I'll just stick to Planetbase. Systems like these never work out well as there will always be those assholes whom don't hold up their end either through laziness or just being dicks.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 10, 2015, 17:31 Burrito of Peace

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 12:50:
Wallshadows wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 12:04:
The only thing that kept me from going the Intel route with my latest upgrade is the fact that an unlocked i5 Haswell costs more than a decent AM3+ board and FX-8350 combined.

Zen better damn-well live up to the numbers and assurances which AMD is throwing around. Christ knows it's long over-due and anything less will make it a colossal failure.

4690 with MB: $240
4690k with MB: $260
6600 with MB: $275
6600k with MB: $340
FX 8350 with MB: $205

Running gimped, crap-tastic AMD hardware: Priceless.

News Comments > XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed
4. Re: XCOM 2 in February; Digital Deluxe Edition Revealed Dec 10, 2015, 11:59 Burrito of Peace

SWEET! Really looking forward to this!  

News Comments > Chucklefish Forums Breached
3. Re: Chucklefish Forums Breached Dec 10, 2015, 11:58 Burrito of Peace

In the modern era of these near constant breaches, why is SecOps seemingly the LAST thing on the "to-do" list of many businesses?  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
1. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 11:27 Burrito of Peace

If there is one thing I wish Elite had, it was a better tutorial introduction. Have new players run through a three to five mission arc that shows them the basics of the game organically instead of the currently very stilted scenarios.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
16. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 8, 2015, 15:38 Burrito of Peace

I hope they take their time and do it right. I tried scratching my Syndicate itch with Satellite Reign and came away deeply disappointed.  

News Comments > Oriental Empires Announced
1. Re: Oriental Empires Announced Dec 7, 2015, 10:00 Burrito of Peace

Cue PC outrage at the use of the word "Oriental" in 3...2...1...GO!  

News Comments > Eagle Flight Announced
7. Re: Eagle Flight Announced Dec 7, 2015, 09:40 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 03:14:
...your ability to hunt, sleep, etc.), nesting and mating!

"Did you know that bald eagles are known to engage in a bizarre mating ritual where two eagles fly upwards, lock talons, and fall towards the earth while rotating, separating almost before they crash into the ground, if and only if they consummate their bird fuck. If they don't, they are willing to accept their death by hard ground. It's the ultimate race against the clock."

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 3, 2015, 12:58 Burrito of Peace

I have a Note 3 currently and I was interested in to the Note 5 until, like many other people, it was announced to not have a user replaceable battery and no micro SD slot.

I just held on to my Note 3. Maybe the Note 8 will have one with a replaceable batter and micro SD card slot.

News Comments > Arma 3 Nexus Update
5. Re: Arma 3 Nexus Update Dec 2, 2015, 13:03 Burrito of Peace

LittleMe wrote on Dec 2, 2015, 12:54:
Yes that's called 'dependency hell' and that's from what Linux users suffer.

No, we don't. I haven't experienced that in years now.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: A Car Dealers Wont Sell: Its Electric Nov 30, 2015, 23:04 Burrito of Peace

wtf_man wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 20:21:
Actually, electric motors have way more torque... but towing or doing something heavy-duty would drain the battery way too fast.

A Dodge RAM eco-diesel might be your ticket... and if the word goes kaflooey, you can always run it on scrounged fry oil.

DC motors do have a ton of torque, agreed. But torque only goes so far and that's when the horsepower kicks in, which DC motors lack.

Not buying a Dodge anything, ever. If the world shits the bed, I'll be using a couple of burros and a cart. All I need to scrounge are grass and water.

2036 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo