Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1878 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2
9. Re: Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2 Apr 10, 2015, 12:23 Burrito of Peace

Slashman wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:23:
As much as I'm looking forward to playing Stardrive 2, I feel I have to plug Star Ruler 2 here.

I highly recommend anyone interested in 4x games to check out Star Ruler 2. Those guys deserve some publicity and support.

From what I have seen of Star Ruler 2, the interface seems very...busy. Can you confirm?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. YouTube planning subscription service for ad-free videos. Apr 9, 2015, 10:50 Burrito of Peace

I already have that, it's called Adblock Plus.  

News Comments > Star Control Reboot FAQ
18. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 9, 2015, 09:05 Burrito of Peace

Numinar wrote on Apr 9, 2015, 01:24:
Neato! A roguelike hybrid procedural...

No. Just...no.

12. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 8, 2015, 15:37 Burrito of Peace

Orogogus wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 12:55:
I feel like you and the Burrito started with Star Control 2.

You are correct. Mobygames lists the original Star Control having been released in 1990. That year, I was still on an Atari Mega ST, a platform for which Star Control was not released. When I got my first IBM/DOS/Windows PC, Star Control 2 was one of my first games.

I do remember Starflight on the ST and I remember playing but I also recall that I felt at the time that Sundog was a better game.

5. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 8, 2015, 11:49 Burrito of Peace

I certainly hope that it, the reboot, is a real time like the original SC2 and not turn based like GC. Nothing against GC, but SC wouldn't work well as a turn based game given that part of the game mechanics were your reflexes in avoiding encounters in hyperspace and real space (annoying probes are annoying for example).

I'm disappointed that we won't get to see the Zoq-Fot-Pik again. Part of the charm of the SC universe is the humor of the "silly" races balanced against the deadly seriousness of the Ur-Quan.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 7, 2015, 21:16 Burrito of Peace

So I have had the...experience of interacting with the lead dev of Shallow Space on Facebook.

He's an absolute and utter tool.

He's clueless, arrogant and defensive to the point of being offensive when people, who have expressed an interest in the game, suggest things that they would find fun in playing the game.

When a mod or someone else calls him on his shitty attitude, his excuse is "We're not a studio, we have other full time jobs". Great thing to say! So you're telling everyone that you don't plan to pursuit this as a real effort, just as a hobby. Yet you still want cash to pretend that you are making a serious effort.

Fuck that game and fuck that guy. It screams of a scam.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 4, 2015, 10:11 Burrito of Peace

So I have had the...experience of interacting with the lead dev of Shallow Space on Facebook.

He's an absolute and utter tool.

He's clueless, arrogant and defensive to the point of being offensive when people, who have expressed an interest in the game, suggest things that they would find fun in playing the game.

When a mod or someone else calls him on his shitty attitude, his excuse is "We're not a studio, we have other full time jobs". Great thing to say! So you're telling everyone that you don't plan to pursuit this as a real effort, just as a hobby. Yet you still want cash to pretend that you are making a serious effort.

Fuck that game and fuck that guy. It screams of a scam.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 3, 2015, 00:01 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 16:42:
I personally know a couple of police officers that are great guys, in both their private and professional lives.

"Couple"; meaning two.

Yeah, that sure is bucking the trend.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 2, 2015, 14:45 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:03:
And it's always nice to see a bully cop get his comeuppance. I just wonder how many people have had to suffer over the years because of an asshole like him.

With rare exception, "asshole" is an assumed variable of object "cop". So, pretty much everyone he's ever come in contact with.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 1, 2015, 23:11 Burrito of Peace

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 22:44:
If I google something, learn something new, and retain that knowledge, then wouldn't I be by definition 'smarter' then I was before hand?

No, you're just better informed on X subject. "Smart" is the ability to rapidly and correctly understand new and complicated ideas/abstracts and employ them in the most efficient manner possible for maximum benefit.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2
4. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2 Mar 29, 2015, 09:54 Burrito of Peace

Slashman wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 09:17:
Or how those other space 4x games made successful modern MOOs? Oh wait...

No one has yet. So still waiting...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2 Mar 29, 2015, 00:57 Burrito of Peace

Just give me a modern MOO. Not some half-assed knockoff or "inspired by" thing.  

News Comments > Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered
10. Re: Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered Mar 27, 2015, 23:02 Burrito of Peace

Parias wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 17:08:
I actually found Outpost 2 to be pretty fun - is that the one you're referring to?

No no. I am referring to this monstrosity.

It was so broken at release that it was literally unplayable. Since the Internet wasn't a thing back then, Sierra sent those of us who were suckers that bought it who owned it replacement discs in the mail after it was truly finished.

At the time, Computer Gaming World was a really big magazine and it spent ten pages ripping it apart savagely.

News Comments > Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered
6. Re: Asteroids: Outpost Early Access; Other Remakes Considered Mar 27, 2015, 14:33 Burrito of Peace

Hey, it can't be any worse than Sierra's take on an Outpost game!  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock for OS X
4. Re: Linux next? Mar 19, 2015, 08:43 Burrito of Peace

yuastnav wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 06:33:
Rumours went around that they only ported the first one to get into the humble bundle and since they don't see it as a necessity anymore they also won't make a Linux version.

Which is stupid because when Humble Bundle does the "pay what you want" breakdowns, Linux users invariably trend as the people who pay the most per bundle.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 18, 2015, 17:18 Burrito of Peace

I'm waiting for two things before an upgrade:

The release of the Xeon D and motherboards for them that support 2+ installations thereof.

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Mar 17, 2015, 10:02 Burrito of Peace

Here's where my brain does the differentiation:

Farenheit
"100 degrees? Holy shit, break out the shorts, t-shirt and crank up the AC!"

Forced conversion to Celsius:
"38 degrees? Probably need to wear a coat."

Here in the States, we're just so canalized in to thinking in terms of Fahrenheit that it'll never change because it becomes an emotional reaction based on the level of discomfort.

Also, in reverse, it sounds silly:

"Dude! I'm doing 120 km/h!"
"You're doing 75 mph, Bill. Big fucking deal."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 17:12 Burrito of Peace

RE: California Water Shortages

This is actually a battle I am fighting right now here in Central Texas. We have a water rights war going on between land owners and large corporations like Aqua, Perdenales and others that are drilling in to aquifers and sucking them dry so that they, the large corporations, can ship that water to places like California for an insane profit while fucking over the land owners on the aquifer who have wells and for whom connecting to a municipal water system just isn't an option either due to a total lack of availability or the astronomical cost of running miles of pipe just to connect to such a system.

Hell, there are some counties whose officials are firmly in the pocket of such corporations who are trying to make it illegal to setup rain water collection and caching. It's insane how badly corporatism has destroyed the United States.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Mar 15, 2015, 01:01 Burrito of Peace

"Rogue-like"? Pass.

How about making a game that isn't a carbon clone with a different color palette of 900 million other games?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 12, 2015, 09:40 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Mar 12, 2015, 05:43:
You can't say "I'm going to rape you in the ass" or "I'm going to enjoy choking you until you die." Those are threats.

Yes, you can. Sure, in most cases, it makes you a reprehensible asshole but without any follow through, they're protected speech under the First Amendment here in the States and that's been held up in many, many court cases.

Think back on your life and tell me that at no point have you ever said "I'm going to kill you", even in jest with friends. Do you want to be locked up for something that is obviously a joke?

1878 Comments. 94 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo