Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1726 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 16:13 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 15:55:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:55:
My cases tend to rust out after a few years, especially the USB ports.

Try tightening the clamps on your water cooling

Or at least wiping down the front after some "alone time".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 13:34 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 13:16:
Does anyone here smoke sausage?

Uh...no, but a tranny might be able to help you with that.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2014, 12:06 Burrito of Peace

Vape it if you got it.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. USB Armory is the Swiss army knife of security devices. Nov 20, 2014, 10:06 Burrito of Peace

That is simply awesome. The ability to trust any device, anywhere on the planet, simply by using your own secure, encrypted USB key is long overdue. The only downside is if the system itself is locked down in BIOS or EFI to prevent boot to USB.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 20, 2014, 09:17 Burrito of Peace

Pigeon wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 08:49:
Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 22:24:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 22:10:
A large +1 to Apple for a change.

Makes sense. Those games are the devil.

You mean the Canadian Devil Beelzaboot Devil

Take off ya hoser, eh.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 15:16 Burrito of Peace

SimplyMonk wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:53:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 14:01:
You don't buy a full sized truck, or by an extension, an SUV if you're worried about gas mileage or can't afford the gas.

Probably need to qualify that statement with "If you are smart..."

The spike in SUV/Truck sales since the gas price drop would indicate that high gas prices was the reason people were not buying SUVs/Trucks.

Or maybe not. It's not uncommon to find massive sales on vehicles during November and December. There's that old adage of correlation is not causation.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 14:01 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 13:11:
Sales of SUVs and trucks have soared since gas dipped below $3/G a month or so ago. Long term thinking is the not the American citizen's forte.

I own a truck and drive it daily to and from work on a 108 mile round trip commute. You don't buy a full sized truck, or by an extension, an SUV if you're worried about gas mileage or can't afford the gas.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2014, 14:10.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions
2. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Patch Adds Missions Nov 19, 2014, 09:40 Burrito of Peace

I'm trying to think of a game that has had as many patches in so short of a time and I'm coming up empty. Kudos to the developer for continuing to progress the state of the game but every time I open Steam, I know there's going to be an SG2 update queued for download.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
47. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 09:13 Burrito of Peace

Beamer wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 00:55:

Silent Hunter 4 was an abomination. But it was 2007.

But Silent Hunter 4 was one thing 8 years ago. It isn't like every game since has kept doing it.

Every Silent Hunter game in the series since IV has been a total anal rape without lube since 2007. Silent Hunter V still isn't what any reasonable person would call "useable". The sad part is that due to the DRM that Ubisoft crippled it with, it never will be.

Lose your connection? Game crashes. Ubisoft's other games suck down a huge amount of bandwidth from Ubisoft's servers? Game crashes. Oh, you wanted to save your game but Ubisoft's servers don't respond in time? Game crashes, setting you back possibly hours of careful planning, deployment and sunk tonnage.

Ubi's games aren't that interesting to me anymore because of both their hostile actions as a company towards their customers and their yearly title churn. The last game I truly enjoyed from Ubi was Black Flag due to the piracy theme. If they released a game that was solely piratically based without the Assassin's Creed name attached, I'd buy the shit out of it. I think, however, that I am in the minority on that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 14:14 Burrito of Peace

This uses Denuvo, so no thanks. I don't care how good it looks. Steam/Origin is DRM enough. There's no goddamned need to decrypt, read/write in to memory and then re-encrypt on the fly. This a game, not a fucking NSA database.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. A power userís guide to OS X Server, Yosemite edition. Nov 18, 2014, 11:07 Burrito of Peace

Step 1: Format the Mini and install CentOS.

OSX Server has always been a joke.

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
16. Re: removed Nov 17, 2014, 13:34 Burrito of Peace

I think that * REMOVED * is absolutely * REMOVED * and that only * REMOVED * * REMOVED * use it. * REMOVED * * REMOVED * * REMOVED *!  

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
12. removed Nov 17, 2014, 12:52 Burrito of Peace

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 17, 2014, 13:15.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2014, 09:15 Burrito of Peace

FTA:

"I think virtual desktops are very useful, but then thatís because Iíve been using them for quite a long time. Apple introduced Spaces on Macs with Mac OS Leopard back in 2007, and Linux has had virtual desktops ever since KDE 1.0, rolled out in 1998. Come to think of it, I seem to recall virtual desktops on OS/2 Warp, circa 1996, and on the Amiga 1000 in, believe or not, 1985."

This had me cackling because someone here at work was crowing about how awesome VDs were on Windows 10 and I told them I'd been using that "feature" in Linux for more than decade. The only thing I don't get is why the arbitrary limit of 4? Is that all that Windows can handle?

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
94. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 16, 2014, 17:26 Burrito of Peace

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 16, 2014, 17:05:
...steam has single handedly ruined things like level editing and game modification...

Not quite:

Rome II: Total War has over 2000 mods available for it.
Banished has over 400.
Skyrim has close to 30000(!)mods available for it.

If anything, portals like Steam have made it easier to create mods (as developers can now release the toolkits in one location), easier to disseminate mods to a wider range of players and allowed for easier collaboration on mods that have become games in their own right.

I grew up playing PC games starting in the late 80s, through the 90s and all the way through to today. You either have a deep personal grudge against Steam for whatever reason, are looking back in to history with rose colored glasses (WAD files were gigantic pains in the ass to work with until someone reverse engineered them and released the WAD unpacker) or you're just full of shit.

As for ED, meh, I'm not a backer and I didn't trust Braben to deliver on anything that was promised.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
7. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 15, 2014, 20:29 Burrito of Peace

Pigeon wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 15:10:
There are rumors 10 will be a free upgrade to 8.1...

That's not a rumor, that's actual fact.

News Comments > Defenders of Time Demo
4. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2014, 11:22 Burrito of Peace

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 03:28:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 01:06:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 20:07:
If I could turn back time....
If that gets stuck in my head tonight, I WILL come back here and kill you.

But could you find a way?

He'd take back those words that hurt you and you'd stay.

18. Things IT people never say Nov 14, 2014, 15:07 Burrito of Peace

"Yes of course your iWhatever is the greatest thing ever. You're right, we should completely throw away these racks and racks of RHEL servers and just install iMacs with OSX Server on them."  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 13, 2014, 11:31 Burrito of Peace

PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 11:04:
Every blu-ray I've bought recently has forced me to watch some cunting trailer for a movie that I'm never going to watch.
You used to be able to skip them via using the menu or top menu buttons but not anymore.

Rips, man. Rips. Put the disc on a shelf after ripping it and never be bothered by physical media or fluff crap ever again.

1726 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo