Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1686 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 08:13 Burrito of Peace

Captain America is a jingoistic has-been from a bygone era that isn't really applicable in the modern era.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced
6. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 24, 2013, 11:10 Burrito of Peace

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:33:
Well, since all 3 are x86, i really fail to see how this is a big deal.

Technically, the're all AMD64 since they're all based on 64 bit architecture.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - How to Survive
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - How to Survive Oct 24, 2013, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 22:18:
Crusader: No Remorse

"Non-stop action from a different perspective".

I remember really enjoying working on that game back when I was...a long time ago.

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
30. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 23:38 Burrito of Peace

I have 32GB of RAM in this machine, which I also happen to play games on. Looking around the office, there is only once machine here that has less than that and it is a 16GB machine.

I can guarantee that my memory load hovers ~20GB of usage every day for very long periods. However, I do much more than email, play Facebook games and watch a midget tongue punch a tranny's fart box on Redtube. I use the horsepower that I purchased. Otherwise, why spend the money if all you are going to do is barely use it?

Have those of you complaining about only having 4GB not noticed the recently starting trend of games requiring 64bit OSes? Why do you think that is? It's not just ports, it's really about addressable memory.

Most laptops that you don't buy at Walmart or Best Buy come with 8GB as standard now. And those are in the $500-600 dollar range. Most desktops, even those advertised at Fry's, usually sport between 8-12GB for baseline models costing ~$400.

News Comments > Red Baron Remake Kickstarter
15. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 18:52 Burrito of Peace

Wildone wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:51:
Then why not fly around in a pink & purple world, you will be perfectly happy!

I did, had a great time doing it as the gameplay was solid.

What's your belabored point again?

13. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 18:27 Burrito of Peace

If you're so incredibly worried that the daisies on the hillside are photo realistic, then the immersion is already not there.

As a player, I should be way more concerned that a wolf pack of D3s just dropped out of the clouds on my ass and I can already hear the canvas tearing from the bullets ripping through the fragile wooden frame.

Hell, in modern combat dog fights, I've never been going so slow or low that I could count the individual pine cones on the trees.

Also, by that logic, I guess SH3 and 4 sucked because there wasn't marine biology in the ocean for me to look at while trying to take down a convoy without being depth charged to Hell and back by destroyers.

9. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 17:56 Burrito of Peace

Wildone wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 17:08:
I honestly thought that video was from 1998, the scenery sucks ass its like WOW cartoony style. With ROF & IL2 stuff out there I dont know..

When I am dogfighting for my life in a Morane Bullet, the LAST thing I give a shit about is how good the ground looks. Unless, of course, it is rushing swiftly up to meet me and insure my untimely demise.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 22, 2013, 09:17 Burrito of Peace

Woo-hoo! Go Hudson!  

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
22. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 20:58 Burrito of Peace

Just the driver package and PhysX.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 21, 2013, 18:34 Burrito of Peace

NamecaF wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 16:48:
This. I wish we could up-vote posts.

This is not Imgur or Reddit.

16. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 18:33 Burrito of Peace

Ryan Lange wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 18:14:
Same. The problem that I experience is that my system will randomly and semi-frequently lock up for several seconds. Bizarrely, I only experience this when not playing a game (e.g. browsing the web, checking email, programming).

Yes! That is exactly the symptom I was experience as well. It would happen on Win 7, Win 8 and Server 2012.

2. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 15:37 Burrito of Peace

How stable are these? On both a 560ti and 660ti, anything above 314.22 were a crash prone mess on several different systems.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2013, 17:16 Burrito of Peace

Sepharo wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 16:25:
I know how to solve this. We could make two lines one for Arabs and one for everybody else. The Arabs would get a thorough search and interrogation and the Persians, Indians, Africans, Whites, Asians, and Latinos could pass through the other line mostly undisturbed.

Technically, Iranians (ala Persians) and much of north and east Africa are considered "Arabs".

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals AllDrive Trailer
1. Re: Need for Speed Rivals AllDrive Trailer Oct 19, 2013, 00:29 Burrito of Peace

Yet another NFS yawnfest.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
11. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs Oct 15, 2013, 13:57 Burrito of Peace

I want to get excited.

I will when actual screenshots of the game are released. I'm too old to fall for pre-rendered trailers, no matter how much I want another good, spaced based strategy game.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Internet abandons the US Oct 14, 2013, 12:25 Burrito of Peace

Pigeon wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 11:49:
I tried to keep Cruz out... sorry about that guys

I did, too. Alas, we still lost out to a babbling Tea Party chimp.

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
39. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 14, 2013, 10:01 Burrito of Peace

I'm fairly happy with Mint as a day to day use OS. However, what most people point out here is correct;

Linux doesn't have the application base (including games!) to attract the mainstream base away from Microsoft's OS du jour on the PC. Maybe Valve can change that, maybe they can't.

However, Linux is dominating in the space where most users are now residing and that is the mobile/tablet market. Now, if someone can create a seamless user experience between their tablet to a larger work environment then maybe there is a chance for Linux. The only impediment to that transition will be enterprise class business applications such as Office.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Space Wolves Plans
4. Re: Space Hulk: Space Wolves Plans Oct 11, 2013, 13:28 Burrito of Peace

I read that as Space Hulk: Dick Wolves and thought "Hell yeah, the Genestealers are fucked now!"

Disappointed.

News Comments > Space Hulk Free Campaign Released
1. Re: Space Hulk Free Campaign Released Oct 7, 2013, 09:33 Burrito of Peace

Technically, I guess it is Purgatory when you walk through the walls and get stuck in the black bits.  

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
39. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 25, 2013, 08:29 Burrito of Peace

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 22:56:
I said "might" - a word of nuance - the stuff you obviously don't comprehend.

Look, grab your joystick and go shoot the bad robot, adults are talking.

Get the fuck off my lawn, kid. I was playing Adventure and Zork on Microdata mainframes well before your father was spanking it to the Sears catalog.

The nuance is that the market doesn't give a damn about your attempt at literary pedantic attempts at back pedaling.

1686 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo