Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1728 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 1, 2014, 17:58 Burrito of Peace

First world problems.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 13:22 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on May 1, 2014, 12:55:
Darks wrote on May 1, 2014, 12:14:
I seriously donít know what you are referring to when you make that statement, because ESO feels a lot like Skyrim in many ways.

With the several betas I tried I can say it didn't feel anything like a proper TES game. It felt like an old MMO reskinned to be based on TES and failing.

It's nothing like Skyrim outside of sharing a very loose connection with the lore. Skyrim was an amazing game that has earned its rightful place in gaming legend. ESO will crash and burn as yet another failed MMO.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Prodigy the Game Apr 30, 2014, 10:13 Burrito of Peace

Will I have the opportunity to smack my bitch up?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video
4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 10:12 Burrito of Peace

That's pretty impressive.

However, something sticks out to me. In DE:HR, pretty much everywhere had these rackmount systems under desks, in bedroom closets, in apartments, etc. In the future, especially in offices, why would you invest that much in hardware when a VDI would work perfectly well for a receptionist or secretary?

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $43 Million
60. Re: Star Citizen Hits $43 Million Apr 29, 2014, 17:09 Burrito of Peace

ALL YOU HATERS ARE GONNA WEEP BLOOD WHEN STAR CITIZEN THE DFM COMES OUT AND IT'S THE BEST GAME DEMO THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE!!!!
Or not. It may absolutely suck or be lukewarm at best. I don't care. I AM KAISER SOZE!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: 60 Minutes shocked to find 8-inch floppies drive nuclear deterrent. Apr 28, 2014, 23:19 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 21:51:
You know what'd be a great idea? Let's put it on fucking WINDOWS 8! It's modern!

Or a modern Linux kernel based OS that has successfully passed an NSA audit.

News Comments > Is Destiny Destined for PCs?
29. Re: Is Destiny Destined for PCs? Apr 28, 2014, 22:14 Burrito of Peace

Kevin Lowe wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 22:03:
What did you have before Bungie existed that you no longer had after they announced that Halo would be an Xbox game, or that Halo 2 would be a Vista exclusive, or that Destiny wasn't coming to the PC on September 9?

You could argue that there were games like Myth, Oni, Durandel and the like that have been completely and utterly forgotten about in order to worship at the Halo altar.

Think about this, the people who largely created the core Halo fiction have abandoned the company. The guy who created the music that was a large part of the experience of Halo was recently fired without so much as a "thanks for all the fish!" The essence of the universe, what made it compelling for a console title, is gone. You can have Full Sail graduate artists and code monkeys build a shell all day long but a golem is useless without life.

Normally when we see this behavior in a studio, that studio lingers on for a title or two longer before imploding, usually in lawsuits and internet catfighting. The IP gets recycled over to some third tier studio full of college interns and dragged through the mud for a few more cash-ins before being abandoned wholly.

I believe Destiny will initially sell well but I don't think it'll be a long term revenue generator, not in the way that Bungie and Activision are expecting. I think in ten years, Destiny will be regarded as Bungie's swan song.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 28, 2014, 11:11 Burrito of Peace

I port nothing that is 7, 4 or 2 years old on to my bone.

Heeeyyooo!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 28, 2014, 08:32 Burrito of Peace

The problem with the Xbox One is that there isn't a "killer" game for it yet, and it may be that there never is.

My dad, who is the ultimate MS fan boy, rarely turns his on and his most common complaint is "The launch titles were underwhelming and I have nothing to play on it that is significantly better than then the whole library of titles I have for the 360."

News Comments > Rogue Shooter Demo
14. Re: Rogue Shooter Demo Apr 28, 2014, 08:19 Burrito of Peace

But how well does this compare to Star Citizen?
Since that seems to be the de riguer yardstick

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
11. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 15:29 Burrito of Peace

ALL YOU HATERS ARE GONNA WEEP BLOOD WHEN STAR CITIZEN COMES OUT AND IT'S THE BEST GAME THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE!!!!
Or not. It may absolutely suck or be lukewarm at best. I don't care. I like turtles!

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 23, 2014, 10:43 Burrito of Peace

Drink Bud Dry.  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
38. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 17:46 Burrito of Peace

Mark my words: Dragon Age 3 will be the greatest game of the series so far.
Or maybe not. It might be the worst. It might be milquetoast. I like turtles.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
29. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 14:56 Burrito of Peace

ENCHANTMENT!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2014, 13:48 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 10:22:
If you buy Apple products you hate America! And babies!!!1

And yourself.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Satellite communication systems are rife with security flaws, vulnerable to hackers. Apr 22, 2014, 12:25 Burrito of Peace

Water's wet, fire burns, women lie.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2014, 12:24 Burrito of Peace

I'll be more impressed when I can get 1Gbps on a home connection for less than a hundred bucks a month AND when I can refit my entire house network for 10Gbps without spending the same kind of money as I would outfitting a small data center.  

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
20. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 14:21 Burrito of Peace

Darks wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 13:51:
I have no idea what youíre talking about in terms of lack luster. I can post 150 screenshots that say otherwise. Thereís nothing lack luster about how the world looks.

And I can post 300 from Skyrim, a now nearly 3 year old game, that will blow it out of the water. There was no excuse to roll out a game that looked like it was barely above the capabilities of Oblivion now, especially when your target platforms are more than capable of better.

As for the game and its issues, tell me one MMO right now that ever started up without any issues?

That allowed me to fall through the game world and quests that were broken in the starting area? Sure, Guild Wars 2, since you asked for just one example. Did GW2 have/has/will have balance issues? Yep. Did it have fundamental issues that should have never made it out of QA? No.

Some of you all act like this is the first MMO thatís had issues, when in fact ESO has had one of the best launches of any MMO to date.

Try to be a little more objective. I get that you like the game and I am genuinely happy that you do. However, your experience is not the experience of every person who has thus far tried it as evidenced by this thread and others previous. Likewise, neither is mine but it is my experience and the only one I can speak authoritatively about. Further, Bethesda set the bar really high with Skyrim and the press releases for this game led us to believe a world as rich and vibrant as Skyrim...and that wasn't delivered. There is a long history, going back to Arena, of Elder Scrolls titles being incredibly deep and detailed. Frankly, ESO isn't in the slightest. It's just a bog standard fantasy MMO with low res ES textures and lore lip service laid over the top. Given how much cachet and history that the ES series has, Zenimax, Bethesda and their developer needed to hit this one out of the park from day one.

They didn't. What they have is a "we got it off the ground" launch. I hope it's successful for them but I'm more fearful that we'll see less capable Elder Scrolls titles in the future if they're stupid enough to use ESO as the gauge of what people want, and will pay for, out of future Elder Scrolls titles.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 21, 2014, 10:04 Burrito of Peace

I have moved more than a dozen people from XP on to Linux Mint, admittedly no gamers, and all of them have been very happy with the switch. It really is the best of breed for people who just use their machine for nominal tasks like email, web, Youtube, playing music, etc.  

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
11. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 10:02 Burrito of Peace

I just gave up on this game, period. Between the constant chat and mail spam, the broken quests, falling through the world and generally lackluster world itself (how the fuck do you manage that with the Elder Scrolls universe??), I couldn't do it any more.  

1728 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo