Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1602 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Clandestine Announced
7. Re: Clandestine Announced Nov 29, 2013, 10:07 Burrito of Peace

You can always tell when a couple of Full Sail graduates come together to try and create something...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
72. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 22:23 Burrito of Peace

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 20:48:
But the claim that Black Flag is better than Sleeping Dogs

Was never typed by me. I made no such claim, I merely said that that was the current game I was genuinely enjoying. I drew no comparisons between the two.

Sorry I just set your straw man on fire.

38. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 20:19 Burrito of Peace

Prez wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 20:00:
Sorry that you didn't enjoy it Burrito, but I have to echo everyone else - Sleeping Dogs is a fantastic game.

It's fine, Prez. I actually only bought it because nin recommended it so highly and so often. Some times you win and some times you lose.

36. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 19:35 Burrito of Peace

Here are my problems with Sleeping Dogs:

• The "storyline" is tissue thin and feels like it came from of a rejected 70s movie script.

• Major plot points are telegraphed like neon signs.

• The characters are walking, talking stereotypes.

• The combat system is about as fluid as a fat guy in peanut butter.

• The driving physics are less realistic than Super Mario Kart.

• There are, what, 5-7 mission types in-game and they are repeated to the point of absurdity. Oh look, another surveillance mission! Oh look, another thug intimidation mission! Sure glad I haven't done each of these a dozen times before!

• Leveling up for clothing/jewelry/accessories that are plainly listed as knockoffs is comically tragic.

• The voice actors either go from sounding bored and flat to extremely over the top. Nuance? Subtly? Not here!

• Everything about the game screams "generic" and there is absolutely nothing about the game that makes it stand out in its own fiction genre. To me, this game feels like it was written either by someone who absolutely hates chopsocky like it killed their entire family or it was drafted by someone who looked up the phrase on Wikipedia and decided to wing it.

• I play games for their storylines, characters, the attention to detail in-game and the experience they deliver. To give you a good measure, I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag and absolutely loving it. I can't put it down.

30. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 18:41 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Nov 27, 2013, 13:55:
    edit: Oh, and go buy Sleeping Dogs!

Or don't. That game was abysmally boring and the stiff animations were hilariously bad.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Air Conflicts: Vietnam
    2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Air Conflicts: Vietnam Nov 27, 2013, 07:39 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 22:11:
    Over half the trailer are credits and they can't even pony up the dough for Vietnam era songs? Not even covers? Just some shitty bar band rock? Oh yeah, I'm sure this game won't suck too bad.

It's actually quite horrible. The production values are crap, the visuals are crap, the feel of the game is crap and even the music is crap.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
    8. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 26, 2013, 09:26 Burrito of Peace

PHJF wrote on Nov 26, 2013, 08:02:
    Duh, just use Splenda.

Cooking with Splenda is horrible. It makes the food taste like it was created by Dow.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
    40. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 08:00 Burrito of Peace

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
    8. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 06:45 Burrito of Peace

Kha wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 04:38:
    Yeah, sure, tell me then when you're able to run the same games on a PC with Linux

I'm betting Valve probably can convince some publishers to try publishing their PS4 titles on SteamOS. Incredibly low overhead for porting it and they already have a built in distribution model. If that happens, and if even a few of those titles are smash hits, then you'll see more studios who develop for the PS4 start porting.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
    7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2013, 14:24 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 13:52:
    Don't hate on the push up bra. That's the best thing ever invented.

Oh Hell no. It's the most deceptive thing ever invented. It's the equivalent of stuffing your shorts.

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
    32. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 11:10 Burrito of Peace

I don't use sleep mode because I just leave the machine on all the time. It's one of several in a rack and it's just easier to do so.  

21. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 20:43 Burrito of Peace

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:18:

Do you use sleep mode at all?

Not at all. That's for laptops solely.

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:18:
    Also what Creston says, I use those settings to.

I'll give that a shot.

Thanks guys.

12. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 13:45 Burrito of Peace

Honest question, and no snark, but are these stable yet? On my 560ti and 660ti systems, anything newer than 314s crash constantly and causes random and temporary system lockups until the drivers recover. OSes are Win7Pro64, Win8Pro64 and WinServer2012.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
    6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 09:47 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 09:44:
    There's a Nazi for everything... ;P

I did Nazi that coming.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
    1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement Nov 19, 2013, 09:01 Burrito of Peace

4MB?

SWEET! Now my 386DX can run the game!

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
    33. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 16:05 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 15:41:
    I can't argue about AP, but TC was a giant clusterfuck as well. I actually wrote a guide to the Terran Plot because so many people were getting stuck in it at the time. There were dozens of ways that entire campaign could break.

So yeah, the bugs are just Egosoft as usual. The stupid gameplay design decision, however....

I sit corrected. I don't remember hearing anything particularly negative about TC and picked it up last year on the Steam Big Box o' X sale.

Like I said, the design decisions are just a more clear and recent example of Egosoft's grasp exceeding their reach. They've got great ideas and great artists, to be sure, but damn do their systems coders need more experience or to be lead by someone with complex, hierarchical systems experience.

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
    26. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 14:15 Burrito of Peace

Egosoft/X - Rebirth raped my mom, my sister, my wife, my second wife, my other wife and then kicked my pregnant dog. Then, when my pregnant dog suddenly went in to labor, they raped the puppies!

OMFG! GET THE PITCHFORKS, TORCHES AND ROMANIAN EXTRAS!

Having read the X threads over the last couple of days, I've had a good couple of chuckles. I'm guessing either younger members have never played the earlier X titles or are severely blinded by their rose tinted glasses. Every X launch has been a total clusterfuck with the exception of TC and AP (as those are essentially mods) and every X title has required extensive patching and rework. Whilst they eventually tidy up the title to a playable, if not enjoyable, state, Egosoft's track record is one of continuously buggy releases. They had, what, four titles on the old X engine and it still had fundamental issues (like watching a TL nosedive straight in to a station over and over again until it exploded). This allegedly new engine, with a cornucopia of new features and an entirely different approach to the X universe should have been a really clear indication that Egosoft was extending their grasp far, far beyond their reach.

It's like complaining that your Triumph or MG keeps breaking down. Duh, look at the manufacturer. What'd you honestly expect?

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
    35. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 14:06 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:01:
    The internet at its finest.

I love how you don't even try to be subtle about your sarcasm anymore.

News Comments > Strike Vector Story Trailer
    4. Re: Strike Vector Story Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 09:54 Burrito of Peace

Anyone else get a Homeworld vibe off the art style in the cinematics?  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage
    4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage Nov 14, 2013, 09:40 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:23:
    I hope this is better (than 2), but I'm also incredibly skeptical, at this point.

While I was not pleased with the revisiting of the same seven locations over and over in DA2, I think story-wise it was a much better game than DA1. DA1 was your generic, messianic fantasy story. Even the NPCs were much more bland in DA1. Isabela, Varric and Merrill were consistently amusing and entertaining and I don't recall hearing the same conversation twice.

DA2 just felt more personal to me and I didn't mind the reduction of customization and hojillion and a half skills. Then again, I play games for their stories and not their mechanics or features.

1602 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 12.
    < Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo