Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1592 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta
32. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 20, 2013, 11:10 Burrito of Peace

I don't use sleep mode because I just leave the machine on all the time. It's one of several in a rack and it's just easier to do so.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 20:43 Burrito of Peace

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:18:

Do you use sleep mode at all?

Not at all. That's for laptops solely.

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:18:
Also what Creston says, I use those settings to.

I'll give that a shot.

Thanks guys.

12. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers add ShadowPlay Beta Nov 19, 2013, 13:45 Burrito of Peace

Honest question, and no snark, but are these stable yet? On my 560ti and 660ti systems, anything newer than 314s crash constantly and causes random and temporary system lockups until the drivers recover. OSes are Win7Pro64, Win8Pro64 and WinServer2012.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2013, 09:47 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 09:44:
There's a Nazi for everything... ;P

I did Nazi that coming.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement Nov 19, 2013, 09:01 Burrito of Peace

4MB?

SWEET! Now my 386DX can run the game!

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
33. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 16:05 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 15:41:
I can't argue about AP, but TC was a giant clusterfuck as well. I actually wrote a guide to the Terran Plot because so many people were getting stuck in it at the time. There were dozens of ways that entire campaign could break.

So yeah, the bugs are just Egosoft as usual. The stupid gameplay design decision, however....

I sit corrected. I don't remember hearing anything particularly negative about TC and picked it up last year on the Steam Big Box o' X sale.

Like I said, the design decisions are just a more clear and recent example of Egosoft's grasp exceeding their reach. They've got great ideas and great artists, to be sure, but damn do their systems coders need more experience or to be lead by someone with complex, hierarchical systems experience.

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
26. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 14:15 Burrito of Peace

Egosoft/X - Rebirth raped my mom, my sister, my wife, my second wife, my other wife and then kicked my pregnant dog. Then, when my pregnant dog suddenly went in to labor, they raped the puppies!

OMFG! GET THE PITCHFORKS, TORCHES AND ROMANIAN EXTRAS!

Having read the X threads over the last couple of days, I've had a good couple of chuckles. I'm guessing either younger members have never played the earlier X titles or are severely blinded by their rose tinted glasses. Every X launch has been a total clusterfuck with the exception of TC and AP (as those are essentially mods) and every X title has required extensive patching and rework. Whilst they eventually tidy up the title to a playable, if not enjoyable, state, Egosoft's track record is one of continuously buggy releases. They had, what, four titles on the old X engine and it still had fundamental issues (like watching a TL nosedive straight in to a station over and over again until it exploded). This allegedly new engine, with a cornucopia of new features and an entirely different approach to the X universe should have been a really clear indication that Egosoft was extending their grasp far, far beyond their reach.

It's like complaining that your Triumph or MG keeps breaking down. Duh, look at the manufacturer. What'd you honestly expect?

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
35. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 14:06 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:01:
The internet at its finest.

I love how you don't even try to be subtle about your sarcasm anymore.

News Comments > Strike Vector Story Trailer
4. Re: Strike Vector Story Trailer Nov 14, 2013, 09:54 Burrito of Peace

Anyone else get a Homeworld vibe off the art style in the cinematics?  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage
4. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Footage Nov 14, 2013, 09:40 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 09:23:
I hope this is better (than 2), but I'm also incredibly skeptical, at this point.

While I was not pleased with the revisiting of the same seven locations over and over in DA2, I think story-wise it was a much better game than DA1. DA1 was your generic, messianic fantasy story. Even the NPCs were much more bland in DA1. Isabela, Varric and Merrill were consistently amusing and entertaining and I don't recall hearing the same conversation twice.

DA2 just felt more personal to me and I didn't mind the reduction of customization and hojillion and a half skills. Then again, I play games for their stories and not their mechanics or features.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Nov 14, 2013, 08:06 Burrito of Peace

Hopefully these donations will help her get a leg up on her medical bills.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blood Knights Nov 14, 2013, 08:04 Burrito of Peace

Jeremy spoke in...  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
16. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 15:41 Burrito of Peace

It was awesome and I go back and play it to this day on occasion. The haters can sit and rotate on a logic probe.  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Announced Nov 12, 2013, 13:28 Burrito of Peace

Middle-earth: Shovelware of Mordor.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 11, 2013, 22:43 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 22:26:
Btw, for those who are waiting for it, apparently Xcom Enemy Within has been released.

I did not purchase it but Steam downloaded this 4GB "patch" just now. Seems like the content is already there, it just needs the unlock which is stupid for those of us who don't want to purchase it right now.

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 13:03 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:25:
Give AMD some credit. They designed the damn thing, I would think they'd kinda know what they're doing, yes?

Don't be silly, Rigs. This is BN. We're all world recognized experts in programming, game design and hardware design. In many cases, we know better than the creators themselves. It's that special kind of omnipotence that only we possess.

Yes, that was total sarcasm. However, no doubt someone will take it seriously nevertheless.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2013, 21:19 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:46:
It's the Shakespeare of the 1960s 1940s.

And even back a little bit in to the 30s. By the time the 60s rolled around, the Golden Age of Cartooning was in its twilight hours. Crap like Speed Race and Geforce, as well as Hannah-Barbera, were starting to become popular because they were much less expensive to create.

If you want to see some mad cartooning skills, check out the early Popeye cartoons in black and white that were rotoscoped. They were 3D before 3D was a thing...by at least 50 years.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 3, 2013, 22:57 Burrito of Peace

No.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Kickstarter
10. Re: Next Car Game Kickstarter Nov 3, 2013, 04:07 Burrito of Peace

The last really enjoyable arcade racing game for me was Midnight Club: LA.

Blur was crap. The NFS series has been one giant steaming pile after another. Need I mention "The Run"? GRID2 was a joke compared to how much better GRID was.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released
11. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 08:53 Burrito of Peace

Doma wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 06:57:
Eehh, no

I have played TW since Shogun 1 and I played the hell out of Rome 1 when it released. And god damn R2 is in a bad state.

Performance is crap, unit balance/stats are bad, battles are over waaay too fast.

This is a dissappointment on the same level as Diablo 3.

Are you playing the same game I am? It doesn't sound like it.

Performance is vastly improved from launch and is quite acceptable across three systems I regularly play on. I think I get chop maybe once an hour as textures are loaded/reloaded but it is for no more than five seconds max.

Unit stats are fine. They've been continuously balanced over, what, five patches now? It is now impossible to have a single unit type dominate the battle field, not even Praetorian Guards. Battle times are also fine. My average battle lasts about 30 minutes which I think is perfectly acceptable given that the main focus is managing and extending an empire.

1592 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo