Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1537 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 27, 2014, 12:58 Burrito of Peace

"Playable" being a definition of degrees, I take it?

Technically, Star Citizen is "playable" but it's far from complete.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War Swaps GameSpy for Steam
9. Re: Dawn of War Swaps GameSpy for Steam Jun 27, 2014, 12:50 Burrito of Peace

I know I am in the minority but I thought Dawn of War sucked. I'd just finished Dark Crusade when it came out and much preferred DC.

I'd love to see a successor to DC.

News Comments > Metro Redux in August
1. Re: Metro Redux in August Jun 24, 2014, 20:19 Burrito of Peace

And what of those of us who already own the originals? Guess we get fucked.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 23, 2014, 19:04 Burrito of Peace

"What would anybody want with a blind seein' eye dog?"  

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
9. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 22, 2014, 13:54 Burrito of Peace

harlock wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 13:15:
cryengine is being DESTROYED by UE4 in the prefab engine market

If only because UE4 is much, much easier to work with. Epic clearly put more time and effort in to the workflow process to make it easier for first time users to just jump in and start creating, learning as you go.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week
12. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week Jun 19, 2014, 09:28 Burrito of Peace

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 09:17:
If you are colorblind don't even bother - just like the original BF Vietnam, us color blind people can't see the bad guys in the brush. Everything is washed out for me.

Thanks for the reply, Bats. I'm not color blind, fortunately, so that's not a concern for me. Just looking for a decent-ish FPS to hold me over until something interesting comes out. Already blitzed through Wolfenstein:NWO.

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2014, 08:53 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 08:51:
None of which are in his name.

So? Chevrolet sells a model that's just called the "SS" as well.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 19, 2014, 08:51 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 00:38:
Seeing as most of us around here are probably closer to 60 than 20 - or even 30 - what's the big deal?

Shut it gramps, or you'll be pulling landscaping duty.

News Comments > Op Ed
44. Re: Op Ed Jun 19, 2014, 08:46 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 06:11:
really? You chose "SS" as your name?

Better call GM and complain to them about the usage, too. The Impala SS, the Camaro SS, Chevelle SS, Malibu SS, Nova SS, the Silverado SS, etc.

SS can also mean "Super Sport" and was made part of the American lexicon in 1961 with the release of the Impala SS. I'd wager that more Americans know SS from GM/Chevrolet than they do from history.

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
24. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 19, 2014, 08:28 Burrito of Peace

bigspender wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 20:12:
Who would win in a fight, Derek Smart or Phil Fish?

The Coke machine.

News Comments > Watch Dog Patch Plans
13. Re: Watch Dog Patch Plans Jun 19, 2014, 08:26 Burrito of Peace

Bundy wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 00:29:
Not quite E3 quality, but a far cry better than what was shipped.

I see what you did there.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week
10. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Extended One Week Jun 19, 2014, 08:21 Burrito of Peace

I have Bad Company 2 on the PC and Origin has been shoving the Vietnam expansion in my face, begging me to buy it. Given that Vietnam, along with Korea, is the least used setting for FPSes, I'm kind of intrigued. Has anyone played it? If so, is it good or bad?

I no longer trust game reviews as they're about as objective as Anita Sarkeesian at an FHM photoshoot with the exception of JaguarUSAF's reviews.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jun 18, 2014, 15:18 Burrito of Peace

Many others before me have, quite eloquently, pointed out just how badly flawed and wrong Anita Sarkeesian's information, thesis and examples are so there's no need to rehash them.

However, at this point, she's doing nothing positive for her crusade against alleged misogyny and sexism. Her methods are inherently no different than that of the Westboro Baptist Church and their methods of communication. They're knee jerk reactionists to a world that has left both parties in the dust and moved on to more meaningful and important issues to society at large.

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 16, 2014, 18:57 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 18:47:
I propose that anyone that is the third one to say his name gets instabanned for two weeks to sit in the corner and think about what they've done!

=-Rigs-=

DEREK SMART, I SUMMON THEE! UNLEASH THY TROLL POWERS AND IMPOTENT FURY, SMITING THESE UNBELIEVERS!

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
8. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 15, 2014, 20:36 Burrito of Peace

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 15:41:
Yeah but think about it, I'd like to abandonded:

Paying for power and having solar free-installed for me handle the job.

Depending on the size of the installation, there are many local, state and federal rebates and grants in the US that makes this possible as either a very low cost or almost wholly free install. This can be done, people have to stop being lazy asses and get informed about programs available to them in their area and what technology would suit their installation best.

I'd like to abandon my car payment, my mortgage, me cell phone, or at least be a lot less in cost.

All those were costs you, hopefully, went in to with your eyes wide open and accepted them, fully understanding their long term implications. I have no mortgage payment, nor car payment and my cell phone bill is miniscule ($40 with unlimited everything and 4G LTE) compared to my peers and their $100+ cell phone bills. I chose to pre-abandon those costs by hard setting a fixed cost that I would pay out of resources already under my control. This is not difficult for anyone to do, they just need to stop whining about what they allegedly "need" and be financially responsible for the resources under their control.

It isn't surprising people want to abandon an expense, but why is it an expense? Because we want what they offer.

Yet not all expenses are "wants" and given the current state of monopoly in most every major utility sector, it's nearly impossible to reduce expenses unless you are willing to do it yourself ala solar, rain catch basins, etc. Are you going to argue that power, water and sewer are "wants"?

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Jun 13, 2014, 21:10 Burrito of Peace

It looks nice but "Here's the galaxy, have at"? I'm going to retain my skepticism.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Co-op Support
17. Re: Far Cry 4 Co-op Support Jun 11, 2014, 20:50 Burrito of Peace

News Comments > Abatron Announced
6. Re: Abatron Announced Jun 7, 2014, 22:20 Burrito of Peace

That reminds me of Sacrifice, just in space.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander Released
20. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander Released Jun 4, 2014, 10:27 Burrito of Peace

I've played it for the last hour and a half. I like it! It's gorgeous, as expected. Controls feel a little wonky with keyboard and mouse. The mouse never feels like it centers correctly. Plugged in a joystick (old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2) and it felt like I was playing Wing Commander again. Just like in WC, you still have to lead the target, but now the OSD reticle lets you know what your lead spacing and angle are which makes shot predication trivial. Feels good and the flight model is thruster corrected Newtonian. You'll continue to travel for a short bit in the last direction of momentum before correction occurs and you go zipping off in the selected direction.

Good things I liked:
- The performance in the hangar is now much more optimized, resulting in a smoother framerate.
- The stuff you need to get started in the AC module is right where you spawn.
- The stuff I mentioned above.

Bad things that I didn't like:
- Sometimes quizzical death occurrences that I couldn't say "Oh, that's why I died." I was just...dead.
- Texture pop on large objects is a problem. In the Broken Moon map, on free flight for example, I was slowly skimming over a large piece of debris and watched three different grades of textures pop in rather clumsily on its surface. At first I thought it was a rock but after all the popping finished, it looked like a large piece of ship or station.
- Random hitches without apparent cause during flight or combat. They were micropauses but enough to be jarring, this is most evident in the view of the yoke in the combat. The outside action seems smooth but its movements look like static images being replaced, one after the other.

All in all, it's really fun and I enjoy it. There is something I want to pass on because it wasn't really evident to me when I started. To get the AC module started, you have to put the helmet on the pedestal to your right on when you spawn in the hangar. If you don't have one of the really high end ships, you'll only be able to fly a loaner ship. The ship I had purchased was sitting in the hangar but not flyable. I had to go to the white loaner ship to its left to start the AC module.

Happy flying!

Edited to add system specs:
Core i7 4770K - Overclocked to 4Ghz
32 GB of RAM
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Nvidia 680GTX 4GB
Windows 8.1 Pro x64

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2014, 14:43 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 14:20:
And yet it was very highly received.

So was Candy Crush.

1537 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo