Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1457 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Stardock's Star Control Reboot Plans
5. Re: Stardock's Star Control Reboot Plans Jul 23, 2013, 21:21 Burrito of Peace

Dev wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 21:09:
AWESOME!!!!!
I loved star control 2. 3 was kinda meh.
I loved the game itself, but also the 2 player on same keyboard combat mini game thing, my brother and I had tons of fun battling each other with that.

Also, if you have any love for star control, there's an open source remake (they even received some of the code from the 3do version from the original devs):
http://sc2.sourceforge.net/

If you liked the music, they have that available as a separate download, most has been remixed in the last few years for the open source release, and most of the remixes were done by the original composers!
http://sc2.sourceforge.net/downloads.php
Its a great set of electronica type music, a wide variety of it. That was one of my favorite parts of the game, the original (and the redone) music.

UQM is one of those games that I can play over and over again, even if I already know the story by heart and can beat the game in less than 8 hours. It's just that awesome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Birthday Party
27. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 18:02 Burrito of Peace

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 14:16:

<Fibrocyte's blathering attempts at humor here>

Way to miss the entirety of the point, Captain Spacker.

News Comments > StarCraft II Birthday Party
8. Re: StarCraft II Birthday Party Jul 23, 2013, 13:42 Burrito of Peace

MattyC wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 09:53:
It is your loss.

No, it really isn't. It's a formulaic retread of a game you already bought and paid for more than a decade ago. It isn't a good story nor is it even a decent continuation of the original storyline.

News Comments > Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced
1. Re: Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced Jul 20, 2013, 13:53 Burrito of Peace

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Homeworld:Cataclysm?

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
16. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 13:52 Burrito of Peace

A small point, but why isn't the narrator(narratress? narratrix?) an actual Aussie?

Mad Max is Australian. The world of Mad Max is post-crisis Australia.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2013, 11:21 Burrito of Peace

Regarding OR...

How well does it work if you wear glasses? All the 3D devices I have tried are monster pains in the ass if you already wear glasses.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 6, 2013, 09:15 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 22:08:
So why doesn't he go to Argentina? If it was good enough for the Nazis...

Are these the Nazis, Walter?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2013, 10:23 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 09:44:
For me, at least, there is a blank where the embedded video should appear.

OK, I thought that was just on my end, or I would have mentioned it sooner. Been seeing it for about a week or more now...

I did make note of it in an earlier thread. Specifically here:

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 29, 2013, 15:11 Burrito of Peace

Blue,

It's 2:10pm and 106F at 31% humidity. What do you define as "sweltering"?

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video
7. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video Jun 27, 2013, 18:50 Burrito of Peace

Blue, the embedded video seems to be broken. Happens in FF 22 and 21 as well as IE 10 on multiple machines, different OSes and three separate networks/providers.

Here's what it looks like:

IE 10 on Win7 and Win8:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/0q5u.jpg/

FF21 and FF22 on Win7 and Win8:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/v4ia.jpg/

News Comments > Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification
24. Re: Saints Row IV Refused Oz Classification Jun 25, 2013, 18:28 Burrito of Peace

avianflu wrote on Jun 25, 2013, 16:37:
oh and just try immigrating there. The answer will be no unless you are 20-something.

I'm currently in the process of emigrating to Australia and, being 35, I am finding no barriers whatsoever. Their restrictions make sense. Why allow an influx of non-professional workers when the native labor workers are finding it hard to obtain a job?

I have a demonstrable skillset that Australian businesses need so that, obviously, is quite helpful.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Jun 25, 2013, 12:18 Burrito of Peace

Mad Max game...WANT!  

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jun 14, 2013, 09:06 Burrito of Peace

Redmask wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 07:21:
Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 03:42:
Steam DRM is inconvenient (better not have to restart your computer if your internet ever goes down), that's for sure.

On the flip side, I haven't paid over $10 for a game on my Steam library since HL2.

If the Xbox decides to become like Steam, well, I already have Steam.

There's a simpler truth that separates the two that people forget: Steam is free, the Xbox is $500.

There's an even simpler truth than that:

Not every game for the PC requires Steam. In fact, there are new games you can buy from GoG that do not have the Steam requirement. There is still a choice as to whether or not you wish to participate in DRM.

Even if you want a game that has such DRM, you still have the very easy and readily available option of bypassing that DRM. There are several groups on the internet that make such bypasses available.

With the Xbox One, there is no choice. You are forced in to a DRM scheme no matter what you purchase for use on it and you have no easy, readily available way of bypassing it.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 12:13 Burrito of Peace

They need to relax. It'll be over soon.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
11. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 11, 2013, 12:54 Burrito of Peace

I chucked a few hundred ducats at it...because I believe that Chris Roberts can pull it off. I have enjoyed every game he has ever made. Yes, even Privateer 2.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer
23. Re: Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 19:39 Burrito of Peace

Grumpy Sod wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 19:18:
I'd love to see someone take something like Fatherland and do a decent game out of it.

Amazing book, that. I think it would be great as an adventure game laid out exactly as the book is. Well, the major plot points at any rate.

20. Re: Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 18:28 Burrito of Peace

netnerd85 wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 13:19:
WRONG IS TIMELESS. Wrong is wrong. Nazi = wrong.

NEVER GOING TO FORGET.

I am sure the Romans, Egyptians, Ottoman Turks, Mamaluks, Americans, French, British, Dutch, Spanish, Isrealis, and Russians, to name but a few in the history of mankind, would disagree with you in regards to committing genocide. They all did it and for varying motivations. None of them would, as sovereign states, claim that they were "wrong".

Wrong is, in fact, never "timeless" and it is also highly subjective. There world does not exist in black and white moral certitude with everyone agreeing what "moral" is, let alone what morality should entail.

The horrors of war are already forgotten. If you asked your average student what was significant 70+ years ago at places with names like Gross-Rosen, Jasenovac, or Sobibor and they'll stare at you blankly. Hell, ask them about Tuol Sleng or Choeung Ek and you'll get the same response.

Still, I'd like to play a game as a historical "bad guy", regardless of nationality, in an alternate timeline. Get someone like Harry Turtledove to write the script for it. It'd be interesting to see the world through the viewpoint of a victor other than we.

4. Re: Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 11:50 Burrito of Peace

ASeven wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 11:36:
Hmmm, trailer launched on the same day as the anniversary of the D-Day landings. Some may call this timing tasteless, others may call it good marketing.

I'm not sure a majority of the demographic who would purchase this knows the anniversary date of the D-Day invasion and, even among the those who did, I can't imagine many, if any, caring.

Also, how come we never get games like this where you can play as the Nazis or the "bad guys" of other eras? If we're going alternate-timeline here, what's the big deal?

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 5, 2013, 10:21 Burrito of Peace

Hey Blue,

This past week and this week, I've been having problems accessing BN in the early hours of the am (~5am CST). This has been happening on a home connection, a cell connection and work's connection, all three provided by different companies.

Is BN down for differential backup at those times?

News Comments > EVE Online DDoS Attack
13. Re: EVE Online DDoS Attack Jun 2, 2013, 22:10 Burrito of Peace

Gib007 wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 18:22:
We missed a Destroyer Fleet event today because of the downtime. Was not happy.

Bless your heart.

1457 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo