Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1537 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2013, 13:03 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 11:25:
Give AMD some credit. They designed the damn thing, I would think they'd kinda know what they're doing, yes?

Don't be silly, Rigs. This is BN. We're all world recognized experts in programming, game design and hardware design. In many cases, we know better than the creators themselves. It's that special kind of omnipotence that only we possess.

Yes, that was total sarcasm. However, no doubt someone will take it seriously nevertheless.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2013, 21:19 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 15:46:
It's the Shakespeare of the 1960s 1940s.

And even back a little bit in to the 30s. By the time the 60s rolled around, the Golden Age of Cartooning was in its twilight hours. Crap like Speed Race and Geforce, as well as Hannah-Barbera, were starting to become popular because they were much less expensive to create.

If you want to see some mad cartooning skills, check out the early Popeye cartoons in black and white that were rotoscoped. They were 3D before 3D was a thing...by at least 50 years.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 3, 2013, 22:57 Burrito of Peace

No.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Kickstarter
10. Re: Next Car Game Kickstarter Nov 3, 2013, 04:07 Burrito of Peace

The last really enjoyable arcade racing game for me was Midnight Club: LA.

Blur was crap. The NFS series has been one giant steaming pile after another. Need I mention "The Run"? GRID2 was a joke compared to how much better GRID was.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released
11. Re: Total War: ROME II Blood & Gore DLC Released Nov 1, 2013, 08:53 Burrito of Peace

Doma wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 06:57:
Eehh, no

I have played TW since Shogun 1 and I played the hell out of Rome 1 when it released. And god damn R2 is in a bad state.

Performance is crap, unit balance/stats are bad, battles are over waaay too fast.

This is a dissappointment on the same level as Diablo 3.

Are you playing the same game I am? It doesn't sound like it.

Performance is vastly improved from launch and is quite acceptable across three systems I regularly play on. I think I get chop maybe once an hour as textures are loaded/reloaded but it is for no more than five seconds max.

Unit stats are fine. They've been continuously balanced over, what, five patches now? It is now impossible to have a single unit type dominate the battle field, not even Praetorian Guards. Battle times are also fine. My average battle lasts about 30 minutes which I think is perfectly acceptable given that the main focus is managing and extending an empire.

News Comments > WildStar Trailer; Class Details Coming
2. Re: WildStar Trailer; Class Details Coming Oct 30, 2013, 12:49 Burrito of Peace

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 11:05:
Not sure we need another cartoony MMO that is quite similar to everything else on the market.

Something they were told five years ago when it started development.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 29, 2013, 20:19 Burrito of Peace

All three people who use Thunderbolt network are devastated.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed
2. Re: Command & Conquer Cancelled, Victory Games Closed Oct 29, 2013, 17:49 Burrito of Peace

What? People don't want yet another stupid fucking MOBA and want actual, single player content?

WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO????

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2013, 20:26 Burrito of Peace

I'm glad to hear that Hudson is doing much better, Blue.

I have a very geriatric pup whom is half Collie and half Cocker. She's very thin and keeping weight on her is an issue. Puppy chow generally tends to be very high in fat so if you have a lightweight dog whom is active and has a high metabolism, it's a great way to keep their weight within healthy comfortability.

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 10:16 Burrito of Peace

Darks wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 09:58:
The crap Iím referring to Black, is a Cross thatís been up on top on a hill for generations, now some smuck who has an issue with it comes here and complains and wants it removed. Thatís the shit that boils my blood to no end. If they donít like it, go back to the shit hole they crawled out of. This is just one instance of many other things like it.

The land of the free, where all men are created equal and possess inalienable rights, indeed. So long as you're part of the chosen tribe.

What. The. Fuck. Ever.

13. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 09:09 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Oct 25, 2013, 08:44:
I thought the same thing while sitting through the last Superman.

As did I. This "Rah-rah go USA! USA #1!!!!!" bullshit is tiresome.

10. Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2013, 08:13 Burrito of Peace

Captain America is a jingoistic has-been from a bygone era that isn't really applicable in the modern era.  

News Comments > 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced
6. Re: 64-bit Cross-Platform Nitrous Engine Announced Oct 24, 2013, 11:10 Burrito of Peace

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 24, 2013, 10:33:
Well, since all 3 are x86, i really fail to see how this is a big deal.

Technically, the're all AMD64 since they're all based on 64 bit architecture.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - How to Survive
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - How to Survive Oct 24, 2013, 07:54 Burrito of Peace

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 22:18:
Crusader: No Remorse

"Non-stop action from a different perspective".

I remember really enjoying working on that game back when I was...a long time ago.

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
30. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 23:38 Burrito of Peace

I have 32GB of RAM in this machine, which I also happen to play games on. Looking around the office, there is only once machine here that has less than that and it is a 16GB machine.

I can guarantee that my memory load hovers ~20GB of usage every day for very long periods. However, I do much more than email, play Facebook games and watch a midget tongue punch a tranny's fart box on Redtube. I use the horsepower that I purchased. Otherwise, why spend the money if all you are going to do is barely use it?

Have those of you complaining about only having 4GB not noticed the recently starting trend of games requiring 64bit OSes? Why do you think that is? It's not just ports, it's really about addressable memory.

Most laptops that you don't buy at Walmart or Best Buy come with 8GB as standard now. And those are in the $500-600 dollar range. Most desktops, even those advertised at Fry's, usually sport between 8-12GB for baseline models costing ~$400.

News Comments > Red Baron Remake Kickstarter
15. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 18:52 Burrito of Peace

Wildone wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 18:51:
Then why not fly around in a pink & purple world, you will be perfectly happy!

I did, had a great time doing it as the gameplay was solid.

What's your belabored point again?

13. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 18:27 Burrito of Peace

If you're so incredibly worried that the daisies on the hillside are photo realistic, then the immersion is already not there.

As a player, I should be way more concerned that a wolf pack of D3s just dropped out of the clouds on my ass and I can already hear the canvas tearing from the bullets ripping through the fragile wooden frame.

Hell, in modern combat dog fights, I've never been going so slow or low that I could count the individual pine cones on the trees.

Also, by that logic, I guess SH3 and 4 sucked because there wasn't marine biology in the ocean for me to look at while trying to take down a convoy without being depth charged to Hell and back by destroyers.

9. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 17:56 Burrito of Peace

Wildone wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 17:08:
I honestly thought that video was from 1998, the scenery sucks ass its like WOW cartoony style. With ROF & IL2 stuff out there I dont know..

When I am dogfighting for my life in a Morane Bullet, the LAST thing I give a shit about is how good the ground looks. Unless, of course, it is rushing swiftly up to meet me and insure my untimely demise.

5. Re: Into the Black Oct 22, 2013, 09:17 Burrito of Peace

Woo-hoo! Go Hudson!  

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
22. Re: NVIDIA R331 Game Ready Oct 21, 2013, 20:58 Burrito of Peace

Just the driver package and PhysX.  

1537 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo