Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1726 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Almost 70 percent of IT professionals suffer weekly phishing attacks. Aug 28, 2014, 15:44 Burrito of Peace

Almost 70 percent of IT professionals wish almost 90% of their userbase weren't mouth breathing retards who clicked on every link and installed every "free" app on the Internet.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2014, 12:04 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 11:58:

Well, pip pip there guv'nor! Would you mind terribly explaining yourself, perchance over some tea and light refreshments? I shall not stand for you sullying the good Queen's language!

As long as you promise not to serve those nasty cucumber sandwiches!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 28, 2014, 11:54 Burrito of Peace

garrywong wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 10:24:
Then stop calling the language you speak English if you don't want to follow the rules.

I submit that we in the US don't speak "English" at all. What we speak is "American" given the heavy English, German, French, Spanish and Italian influences that have mutated the language on this continent for over a hundred years. Further, with those influences, our grammatical and syntactical structure has separated enough from the Anglish root that it can rightly be said that we have our own dialect. For example, "American" doesn't have all those silly and superfluous "u"s, we do not use the Oxford comma for the most part and our usage of the language is much more direct in its meaning.

News Comments > EVE Online Hyperion Launched
1. Re: EVE Online Hyperion Launched Aug 27, 2014, 11:14 Burrito of Peace

Good timing, guys! Microsoft just updated their macro collection for Excel, too!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 08:14 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:14:
ED is the thing I'm most interested in, but going to wait until it's finished.

You're going to be waiting a long time for erectile dysfunction to be finished.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2014, 09:58 Burrito of Peace

Nevermind...  

News Comments > Op Ed
59. Re: Op Ed Aug 25, 2014, 20:42 Burrito of Peace

This is one of the most ridiculous non-issues to ever crop up. This is the very epitome of first world problems. What's next? Complaining about subversive racism because your cell phone doesn't come in your favorite color?  

News Comments > Obsidian's Pathfinder License
1. Re: Obsidian's Pathfinder License Aug 13, 2014, 13:10 Burrito of Peace

Wasn't there a sci-fi RPG by the same name? I thought it was that and got all excited but, no, it's fantasy.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Announced
4. Re: Space Hulk: Ascension Edition Announced Aug 12, 2014, 21:58 Burrito of Peace

Why can't we have a true Space Hulk game that's a revival of the original from 1993? That game was awesome for its time!  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 11, 2014, 12:58 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 12:20:
Why would anyone buy a Xiaomi smartphone?

Why would you buy any non-OEM hardware marketed by a Chinese manufacturer? It's like buying Huawei networking equipment and complaining you suddenly have breaches coming from Chinese IPs.

News Comments > AI War Expansion & Linux Support This Month
1. Re: AI War Expansion & Linux Support This Month Aug 11, 2014, 12:12 Burrito of Peace

Has anyone actually played this game? How does it compare to SoSE or StarDrive?  

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer
4. Re: Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2014, 12:11 Burrito of Peace

Who do you voodoo bitch?!  

News Comments > Grand Ages: Medieval Announced
2. Re: Grand Ages: Medieval Announced Aug 11, 2014, 12:01 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 10:12:
I was gonna' build an empire, but then I got high...

I was gonna conquer the English until I got high...
I was gonna rise up and cross the Channel but then I got high...
My troops are riddled with arrows and dead and I know why...

Why, your majesty?

Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high...

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 11, 2014, 11:55 Burrito of Peace

AVG is to security as stage four cancer is to long term health.

News Comments > SSI Vets form TSI
32. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 9, 2014, 16:01 Burrito of Peace

Axis wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 11:19:
How did you read that as dismissal?

This statement sounded very dismissive to me: "Dungeon master, Eye of the Beholder, Bards Tale, etc but they were "first person" dungeon crawlers and the SSI games were top down tactical."

To me, it came across that you were dismissing the very stellar Eye of the Beholder series by claiming that the only SSI games were top down tactical.

If you didn't mean it that way, then I apologize.

26. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 9, 2014, 08:49 Burrito of Peace

Axis wrote on Aug 9, 2014, 08:37:
I loved them all, but they are not the same type of games. Dungeon master, Eye of the Beholder, Bards Tale, etc but they were "first person" dungeon crawlers and the SSI games were top down tactical.

Eye of the Beholder I, II and III were SSI games. EoB I and II were published by SSI while EoB III was directly developed by SSI.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss them out of hand when they were a very strong part of SSI's total portfolio.

24. Re: SSI Vets form TSI Aug 9, 2014, 08:10 Burrito of Peace

I, too, fondly remember Pool of Radiance (or Poolrad which is what the default directory was called in DOS). However, for me, none of the gold box games hold a candle to the RPG that finally equalled the greatness of Dungeon Master on my old Atari ST. That game was Eye of the Beholder

I'd absolutely love to see a new Eye of the Beholder game. Legends of Grimrock is a great modern day game, and has a lot of the same vibe, but it isn't a Forgotten Realms game.

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
31. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2014, 08:02 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Aug 8, 2014, 22:38:
*turns lights back on to huge closet Babylon5: Into The Fire shrine*

Maybe...just maybe... Pray

Don't you dare tease like that!

News Comments > Sierra Entertainment Revival
16. Re: Sierra Entertainment Revival Aug 8, 2014, 13:25 Burrito of Peace

Oh, Sierra, how I fondly remember you. Thanks in part to Sierra, I had a thriving piracy business as a kid. Ziplock baggies with floppies, Xeroxed manuals and functional copies of those code wheels they went to.  

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
26. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 21:05 Burrito of Peace

Watching a YouTube video is the dumbest way to judge if a game feels "right" to you or will work in your environment. It's like saying "Don't go test drive a car, just watch some random asshole on YouTube, who may or may not be an absolute shill, drive it and then decide if you want to stroll in to a dealership and write a check."

Sorry, no, and I have zero moral qualms about making sure that I don't get fucked as a consumer. Also, I frankly don't give a fuck about what is believed about my buying habits. I pirated Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and played it for about four hours before I realized that much time had passed. Absolutely loved being a pirate and the story. Bought it and every other Assassin's Creed game I could find on Steam. So, for Ubisoft, me pirating it led to me spending about $100 bucks on their products when otherwise I probably would not have spent any at all. What other people do with the material they pirate is not my concern nor will I accept the attempts of others to make it my concern. As I have already said, the games I like...I buy, if only out of self-interest in wanting to see more of those games. It's never in my best interest to not purchase games I like.

1726 Comments. 87 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo