Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1567 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Tex Murphy - Project Fedora's 2K Graphics
4. Re: Tex Murphy - Project Fedora's 2K Graphics Feb 27, 2014, 23:32 Burrito of Peace

saluk wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 20:57:
Wow. A KS that delivers MORE than was promised? A game the size of the Pandora Directive is quite a meaty adventure game indeed. Way to show those OTHER adventure games how it's done

And no shitty 8 bit graphics or stupid platforms, either! Allthumbsup Pleased

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Matador Announced
1. Re: Matador Announced Feb 2, 2014, 10:42 Burrito of Peace

This reminds me of an old game called Terrorpods, right down to the music in the trailer.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
28. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:28 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:02:
Never happen while Actiblizz owns it. Still, a man can dream, can't he?

He can...and does.

I bought Interstate '76 on GOG and built a Linux box for it solely because Play on Linux's frontend for Wine runs it so much better than the Windows version...and in native OpenGL support, too.

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
11. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 11:19 Burrito of Peace

I want to see this tech in a revival of the Interstate '76 series.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 25, 2014, 16:44 Burrito of Peace

I'm rooting for the bear cavalry.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 24, 2014, 06:41 Burrito of Peace

harlock wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 00:02:
no, pussy is a gift from god

Well, if the story of Genesis had even the slightest whiff of truth to it, that would be literally true.

However, it also means that we can blame PMS and normally sweet women turning in to raving lunatic bitches every 28 days on the Christian deity too so...six of one, half dozen of another.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Free Weekend
16. Re: Saints Row IV Free Weekend Jan 17, 2014, 08:00 Burrito of Peace

yuastnav wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 02:46:
Meh, didn't like Saints Row IV. The superpowers got boring after about 10 hours and the game is way longer than that, although I rage quit after the game crashed halfway through the last mission. Didn't feel like doing it again.

And because you had superpowers there was almost no point in driving/flying the vehicles, which was a shame.

Oh well, the second Saints Row is still the best. Good mix of ridiculouseness and "modern drama".

Nailed it right on the head. SR2 is still the best game out of the series.

News Comments > Evening Previews
3. Re: Evening Previews Jan 15, 2014, 08:17 Burrito of Peace

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 23:14:
How these yahoos got the Firefly IP is beyond me? Talk about the worst thing you can imagine and take it down about 5 points :((

Nope, a Firefly MMO (which the setting is perfect for even though I loathe MMOs) is STILL a better idea than a Harry Knowles, Justin Bieber and Octomom three way.

Scrub that visual out of your mind's eye.

News Comments > Midwinter Remake Plans
2. Re: Midwinter Remake Plans Jan 11, 2014, 13:18 Burrito of Peace

I remember playing this on both of my Atari STs. My memory is telling me that younger me thought it was awesome.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Deadly 30
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Deadly 30 Jan 9, 2014, 22:49 Burrito of Peace

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 21:53:
A lot of people are drawing those kinds of conclusions and getting upset that they'd have to pay money for what they used to play for free.

I don't see people getting upset, but I do see people saying "Meh, played the core mechanics...the rest is paid for window dressing" and I think that's valid.

I played Trials, for example, a long time ago when it was a Flash game on the Finnish site, DNA Internet. I have not bought any of the Trials games that have come out as PC or console titles because I have played the core game in its fullest, that being getting a dirtbike and rider with dodgy physics over objects and ridiculously contrived obstacles. Having played two of the titles at a friend's house, I can see that the core game is essentially unchanged from my Flash game playing days.

Now that I've had that experience for free, why would I want to go back and pay for the same core experience all over again?

I don't and apparently a lot of other people don't want to either, hence the comments.

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Valve
21. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Valve Jan 6, 2014, 19:12 Burrito of Peace

All the dick waving aside, why do we care about this person?

A guy who hasn't produced anything publicly visible in six years is leaving to...go do more of nothing that we can see?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 30, 2013, 16:24 Burrito of Peace

The first computer I remember us having was actually a mainframe. A Microdata M1600 with 4K of memory. Dad had installed either Wyse or Wang terminals (I can't remember which) in my room, his office, my parents bedroom and the garage and we all real-time shared the capabilities of the machine. We had this massive line printer that sounded like a German Flak-88 going off every time you printed something.

My very first "personal" computer was an Atari 800XL with 64 whole KB of RAM! That was a really big deal in 1983. I had all the accessories for it, double sided 5.25" disk drive, joystick, voice synthesizer, color monitor and printer. I followed that up with an Atari ST 512 and then a 1024 which kicked the ass of any 8088 or 8086 computer of the day.

Man, I miss when machines were designed to be awesome instead of just cheap.

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
26. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 20:44 Burrito of Peace

I'm sorry you're devoid of the understanding of sarcasm.  

24. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 20:05 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 18:47:
I'm sorry it hurts your feelings when you're an asshat and get called on it. Maybe next time you'll think things through before making a post like that.

It doesn't. I think it's just a sad commentary about you that you can't discuss things without resorting to ad hominem attacks.

22. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 18:42 Burrito of Peace

Yet you keep throwing around the word "asshat" when no one has personally insulted you. So, yes, chill out.

They are very much an unknown, random company. Doing a mobile game that you port to a couple of platforms, while rehashing it at least twice, does not make you in any way someone that news outlets need to report on frequently. There are literally thousands of "developers" who do this on the Android and iOS platform every day. Are they, too, worthy of near daily updates?

19. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 18:28 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 17:59:
But by all means, keep being an asshat...

Chill out, nin.

I know what they're making, and until they release NMS and it becomes an absolute hit, they're nothing more than a random, unknown company that showed off a promising video. Like the hundreds, if not thousands, of burned out husks of game companies that came before them.

Regardless of their as yet unreleased, unreviewed, pie in the sky product, the near daily updates that are the HTML version of retweets is, in my opinion, creepy and excessive.

16. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 29, 2013, 17:36 Burrito of Peace

I can't wait for the next riveting update on these people. Boy howdy, I don't know how I went about my day before without knowing what some random, hitherto unknown company was doing after a flood. Why, we should just have every single fucking tweet they put out up on the front page, right up on top, above every other news story. Clearly they're so incredibly fucking fascinating that we should all follow their every utterance. Maybe we can find out who goes to take a shit and when.  

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
31. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 28, 2013, 10:09 Burrito of Peace

Sugarman wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 05:24:
I was never all that thrilled by Homeworld, definitely had it's good points but seemed lacking at times. That was a while ago so I may think differently if I tried it again. Nexus the Jupiter Incident was always one of my favorites, if one were to draw similarities. Not to pee in anyone's cheerios, just my opinion. I am a sucker for space/sci-fi games so I'm still hoping they do a good job with it.

NTJI was great. It's a shame the sequel never took off on Kickstarter, though the lack of advertisement of the same really hurt it.

News Comments > Homeworld HD/CE Survey
18. Re: Homeworld HD/CE Survey Dec 27, 2013, 18:28 Burrito of Peace

I said I'd pay 20 for an HD reissue.

For a CE with physical ship model, art book, map of the universe and something else (but not retarded in-game rewards), I said I'd spring for $50.

I don't buy CEs of anything, ever, but I would for Homeworld as it is my favorite IP without exception. I still play it today. Homeworld 1, for example, is gorgeous in OpenGL in Wine instead of playing it on Windows under really old Direct3D. Homeworld 2 is still a gorgeous game and I will even play Cataclysm from time to time under Wine. In my opinion, only Bioshock 1 and 3 have ever given me the same kind of gaming experience that I received from the Homeworld series.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
8. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 22, 2013, 08:55 Burrito of Peace

I swapped over to Audacious, which supports reskinning with Winamp skins if you like, and it also supports a whole truckload of formats, FLAC and Ogg Vorbis included.

Tabbed playlists are a pretty neat idea, too. It's available for Linux, Windows and that other OS by the fruit company.

1567 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo