Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1912 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection
6. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Homeworld Remastered Collection Feb 25, 2015, 14:52 Burrito of Peace

My Collector's Edition was delayed in Dallas due to, allegedly, "weather".

I might get it tomorrow. Bummed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
68. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 22:43 Burrito of Peace

^
Fitting.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details
8. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 24, 2015, 22:17 Burrito of Peace

Just got notification from Amazon that my order for the CE had shipped and will arrive tomorrow!  

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details
7. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer & Mod Details Feb 24, 2015, 21:04 Burrito of Peace

TangledThorns wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 19:18:
Fail for using Sail in their trailer.

Yeah...talk about absolutely not getting the atmosphere of the original games!

Also, what's with this "save humanity" bullshit? While the Taidani, Vaegyr and Kushan people are humanoid, they aren't human at all!

52. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 17:41 Burrito of Peace

Rigs wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 16:18:
It's like some of you get off on giving those of us who are looking forward to this game a hard time...and it's sickening...

This explains it.

29. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 13:59 Burrito of Peace

Darks wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 13:46:
Are you complaining because they are taking the time to fix and polish the game...

Like they claimed they did with GTAIV?

Sorry, but this game is probably going to be a goddamned disaster at launch and will probably be half-assed patched for a short bit and then abandoned.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
8. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 21, 2015, 08:36 Burrito of Peace

Darks wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 03:12:
Slashman wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 00:35:
Lorcin wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 21:45:
TL:DW Actually got so bored by the guys voice halfway through the video I turned it off. That doesn't bode well.

It doesn't bode well for your attention span or his career as a narrator? Because I'm not sure what that has to do with the actual game.

Thats just the tutorial dude. its not that way in the game.

I'm not even sure that's in the tutorial, just a voice over for this PR vid. The narrator sounds like nothing in either of the Homeworld games.

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
18. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 20, 2015, 11:38 Burrito of Peace

Given that Elite is, in fact, a sandbox style spacesim, I have yet another question about it.

How does Elite compare to X3: TA and X3: AP in terms of "sandboxy-ness"?

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Trailer
2. Re: Homeworld Remastered Trailer Feb 19, 2015, 11:28 Burrito of Peace

Verno wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 11:21:
My wallet is ready, let's do this.

My wallet was ready in September when I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.

God damn, the next six days are going to be painful.

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
22. Re: DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed Feb 18, 2015, 20:47 Burrito of Peace

May increase your penis length by 10 inches*

*or not. All claims subject to whatever loophole our lawyers find.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Mars One narrows applicant pool to 100 potential dead Martians. Feb 18, 2015, 10:29 Burrito of Peace

Will return 20 years later with Valentine Michael Smith.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Total War: ATTILA
8. Re: Ship Ahoy - Total War: ATTILA Feb 17, 2015, 18:48 Burrito of Peace

After Rome II, and all of its crap plus nickel-and-dime DLC, I'm done with the TW series. CA has had me as a customer since the original Shogun but every game in the series has seen a decline in quality and consistency from the last one.

In my opinion, the best WH:40K RTS is still Dark Crusade.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 15, 2015, 19:52 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2015, 19:07:
Has America entered the age of 'megadroughts'?

Man, I hope we can get enough of Bobbob's desal plants online before that hits.

It's not "Has America" as question but "America Has" as a statement. Here in Central Texas, we are still 36', yes feet, below normal water levels. We reached nearly 80 degrees last week. In February. In cities like Austin, mandatory water rationing is still in effect in the middle of winter.

I've started rain water collection that delivers it to a 900 gallon tank buried 8 feet below the surface because water will, in my lifetime, become more precious per fluid ounce than ink for ink jet printers. We have water companies who are trying to sue private citizens in to bankruptcy or buy politicians in to making it law that they have the right to pump private wells dry in the name of "public resources". While taking that water and not distributing it to the local area but shipping millions of gallons to places like New Mexico and California for a giant profit.

In the near future, I think the only way to truly survive here will be to be completely self-sufficient in terms of water, power and foodstuffs.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Story Trailer
6. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Story Trailer Feb 12, 2015, 14:41 Burrito of Peace

I already have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered but goddamn....the 25th is 13 agonizingly long days away.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Patch
17. Re: Elite: Dangerous Patch Feb 11, 2015, 08:31 Burrito of Peace

Obligatory: Is this the patch that makes the game fun?

Serious question: I've read here at BN that a lot of people are recommending a HOTAS system. However, I already have a perfectly functional Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. Would pairing it with a Logitech G13, which I also already own, work just as well?

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
24. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 18:03 Burrito of Peace

Cutter wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 17:15:
And if you take money for something promised you're legally bound to deliver that or it's fraud.

Quick, Cutter, call all the venture capital groups in the phonebook and let them know this astounding bit of legal advice.

Your analogy is flawed because you're presenting a finished good as the item you're purchasing. In the case of Early Access and Kickstarters, you're not. In fact, in many of the cases, you don't even see a functional prototype of the game/product/whatever. You see the idea of the product.

The only thing you're doing is investing, not buying, in the intellectual property to provide venture funding to the person, group, or company that wants to turn this intellectual property in to a physical or quasi-physical thing. I say "thing" because it may not be a physical product at all. It may just be a service. It's not at all like thinking you're buying a Ferrari and getting a Toyota.

That's where I think a lot of people lose the plot. They think "Oooo! I'll buy $10 worth of X thing now and, when it's done, I'll get Y product that regularly retails for $59.99!" But that's not what's happening at all. They aren't purchasing anything as the product is not promoted, advertised and presented as feature complete or even production ready.

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
21. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 15:07 Burrito of Peace

A cheap hooker could give out HIV for free, too. Doesn't mean I want either.  

News Comments > Original Early Access Game Pulled
6. Re: Original Early Access Game Pulled Feb 9, 2015, 15:03 Burrito of Peace

Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 12:29:
That said, fuck that jackass who walked out when the money ran out. I hope your miserable ass never works in the gaming industry again, asshole.

Do you work for free? Why should anyone else?

Anyone who thinks that Early Access and Kickstarter are anything but venture investment is blindly deluding themselves, stupid, or both. You purchase hoping that the game/product will be completed because you like the vision and are willing to stake money up front to help see its possible realization.

There is an inherent implied risk that this may not turn out at all how you thought or it may not ever be completed.

Essentially, except in the case of fraud, you're gambling.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
12. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 21:51 Burrito of Peace

jdreyer wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 21:38:
Who names their company "Sparkass?"

Someone with an electrifying backend.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 6, 2015, 10:33 Burrito of Peace

Task wrote on Feb 6, 2015, 10:09:
Community public banks are good. Private banks on the other hand, not so much.

This is why I love my credit union. I've had them about six years now. They use two factor authentication and, even then, if they think a login is suspicious, they call you immediately with a real live human being who verifies that it's you doing the access.

That being said, I never ever use a debit card. My bank, as awesome as it is, cannot provide the same level of protection that their credit card services arm can. I theorize that this is due to differing agreements between EBT/EFT networks and straight credit networks.

I recently had one of my credit cards through them compromised by someone in India who was buying gas in these weird amounts. They called me, confirmed that I wasn't in India and immediately terminated the card, temporarily froze any sort of transfer from my banking accounts to my credit accounts and overnighted me a replacement card. On top of all that, they even volunteered a year's worth of credit monitoring.

The process was completely painless to me and the lady on the phone was completely apologetic that this happened, even though the actual leak was tracked back to a third party.

Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase...they're all soulless assholes. However, your local credit union may be the best thing for you.

1912 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo