Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lazarus Long

Real Name Lazarus Long   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Burrito of Peace
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 8, 2004, 17:03
Total Comments 1911 (Pro)
User ID 21247

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
14. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 29, 2015, 08:53 Burrito of Peace

While disappointing, I'd rather enjoy a well built and robust XCOM experience.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
7. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 11:11 Burrito of Peace

Bought and downloading right now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2015, 09:37 Burrito of Peace

shihonage wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 00:47:
Shineyguy wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 21:54:
Julio wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 20:37:
RoboNerd wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 13:43:
Hats off to the American and British passengers for quick action on that Islamo-facist who thought a train would be easy pickins. Well done Smart

Glad to see they took him down. Religion of peace my ass.

Same could have been said for Christianity. Can't account for crazy in every religion; they all have them, and at one time or another the crazies give the rest a bad name.

lolno

lolyes.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 11:10 Burrito of Peace

InBlack wrote on Aug 21, 2015, 11:05:
Ouch! Pretty major burn...however I think you got em mixed up with the Italians

Laugh

Nah, I think were it Italy, the flag would be red.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2015, 10:52 Burrito of Peace

How could you tell that it was a French flag from any other white flag being flown?  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
21. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2015, 22:49 Burrito of Peace

I just "squeeed" like the giant XCOM fanboy that I am. I cannot WAIT for this to come out!  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 19, 2015, 18:47 Burrito of Peace

Gasoline. Carb cleaner. Kerosene. That'll do.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled
2. Re: Duke Nukem Lawsuits Settled Aug 19, 2015, 09:49 Burrito of Peace

Somewhere there is still a party going on with an epic amount of blow and hookers.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2015, 23:00 Burrito of Peace

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 16:55:
90*, yes. Also above 50% humidity. Have fun with that...

We call that "spring" here.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2015, 11:05 Burrito of Peace

90 whole degrees for a blistering streak of 3 days! That's so cute.

It was already 80 on the way in to work at 0730.

News Comments > Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter
5. Re: Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter Aug 18, 2015, 10:57 Burrito of Peace

Does the trailer show the same scene three times or am I missing something?  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 17, 2015, 23:40 Burrito of Peace

Russia? Yeah, no thanks.  

20. Re: Double burrito Aug 16, 2015, 14:02 Burrito of Peace

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 16, 2015, 13:38:
The burrito one is stupid. If all you want is "maximum possible quantity", then sure, that method works. SOME corn is more than NO corn? You don't say!

The reasoning is simple: they don't know what all you'll order so they put the "normal" amount of each item in as you ask for it. There's no "trick" here. Do you want a huge burrito that's made of several things you don't want? If you already like all of their bean/rice/veggies, you're already getting the larger burrito and you will gain nothing from following his "tips".

This. Also, Chipotle is terrible. Freebirds FTW!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 12:43 Burrito of Peace

I have to agree with Axis that some of the "advice" in the article is pretty terrible.

The one that bothers me the most is "backup your data online". Sure, you could do that and expose your data to breaches, data mining, or just straight up internal snooping and internal theft. "B...b...but their EULA totally says that they won't look at my sutff!" Yeah, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you really cheap, too. Also, if you read that EULA carefully (and you probably didn't) you'll notice about six whole sections dedicated to telling you how you indemnify them against any damages as a result of any of the above actions.

If you don't outright own the device or service that your data is stored on, you don't control it and you are willingly trading your privacy for convenience. In my book, that makes you more than stupid, that makes you an idiot.

In addition, we need to start teaching users the principle of least privilege. It blows my mind that twenty years later, we're still letting Windows users run as administrators full time. You don't need administrative rights for every second that you're using a computer. In fact, you should have as little access as possible; only that which is necessary for you to complete your task. Is someone really going to try to make the argument that they need access to policy editing and disk management just to play The Witcher 3?

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 9, 2015, 18:05 Burrito of Peace

The use of the phrase "rogue-like" means an instant ignore from me. It's now as passe and overused as all the 8 bit crap that was being shoveled out last year.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2015, 12:25 Burrito of Peace

First world problems.  

News Comments > The 13th Doll: A Fan Game of The 7th Guest
2. Re: The 13th Doll: A Fan Game of The 7th Guest Aug 6, 2015, 23:15 Burrito of Peace

Shy Gypsy Slyly Shyly Tryst By My Crypt.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Aug 6, 2015, 10:41 Burrito of Peace

I appreciate the QotD, it's funny as Hell.

As an aside, do these people never take a public speaking course? Interviews like this are always full of interrupted sentences and incomplete thoughts.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Aug 5, 2015, 16:17 Burrito of Peace

PHJF wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 13:00:
So clearly the guy advising against 6700k was wrong. Overclocks well, costs the same, runs fine, and the new z170 mainboards look awesome.

However, if you're already running either a 4770K or 4790K proc on a Z97 or X99 platform, there's not enough of a performance upgrade to really justify shelling out a ton of cash for a new proc, board, memory type, and specific SSD model to gain the maximum gain possible.

At this stage of CPU technology, we're at the point where almost everything produced in the past 5 years is fast enough for almost all users. How many of the games that we play are actually mulithreaded? Do I care any longer that my OS boots up 1.8 seconds faster than it did on the systems that I built a year ago? Hell, it's only within this year that we're starting to see 64bit become not just useable but a requirement, yet 64bit OSes have been available for more than a decade and 64bit procs have been out for very nearly a decade.

Broadwell was, for Intel, a massive stumble with delays and manufacturing problems plus getting itself kicked in the pants by the older Haswell and Haswell-E parts. Skylake is a recovery from that stumble but it's not enough because we're hitting the wall with Moore's. I think when we see a more widespread adoption of stackable memory (Whether AMD's HBA, Samsung's Triwhatever, or Intel-Micron's 3D Xpoint) and silicon-germanium wafers that that will be the time when we see the kinds of performance leaps we've become accustomed to for most of our lives. Right now, though, it's all just really incremental and not very large increments at that.

I was waiting to buy a Sager laptop with both a Skylake and 980M 8GB in it but, unless something from the mobile parts reveal at IDF in 13 days is OMGWTFBBQ, I don't really see a point in holding off that much longer.

I had great hopes for Skylake but now I'm rather disappointed.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer
9. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 17:51 Burrito of Peace

WOLVERIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINES!!!!!!!

I'll play it, I like the premise. Tired of "RAH RAH SUPER AWESOME US SOLDIER IS GREATEST THING EVAR!" shit.

1911 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo