Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ASLayerAODsk

Real Name ASLayerAODsk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ASLayerAODsk
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description advocate for free speech. from Canada
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2004, 18:02
Total Comments 45 (Suspect)
User ID 21166

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway
138. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway May 1, 2011, 22:50 ASLayerAODsk

a key a key please  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD/ATI Catalyst Hotfix
9. Re: AMD/ATI Catalyst Hotfix Sep 16, 2010, 13:31 ASLayerAODsk

Im amazed there isnt a Yank out there that hasnt filed a suit yet...not that it wouldnt be without merit...if you bought a car and they kept giving you parts to your car AFTER you bought it..would that be acceptable? yet with computer software...we accept it...doesnt really make much sense...

9 months after purchase...'oh heres your gas pedal, we finally got it molded'

News Comments > Strike Delays Bad Company 2 Patch
11. Re: Strike Delays Bad Company 2 Patch Jun 7, 2010, 13:08 ASLayerAODsk

I guess Dice or EA or whoever doesnt pay their employees enough to BUY a car it would seem...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: No subject Feb 4, 2006, 15:58 ASLayerAODsk

i hope your cooking is better than your splelling

News Comments > Into the Black
2. YAY! Aug 3, 2005, 21:56 ASLayerAODsk

FART!

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
33. Re: tester who? Jul 22, 2005, 23:40 ASLayerAODsk

i think the testers are ppl who dont speak very good engrish..and are given forms to fill out to explain the bugs in the games at university level essays.

24. Re: TK changes Jul 22, 2005, 21:34 ASLayerAODsk

absolutely. this is the intardnet. flame away!

22. Re: TK changes Jul 22, 2005, 21:27 ASLayerAODsk

i honestly can say ive never played CS, other than to give it a shot...decide it was gay..and uninstall it. thats it thats all. next.

18. Re: TK changes Jul 22, 2005, 20:55 ASLayerAODsk

i always assume its ALWAYS a former CS player that punishes. ALWAYS.

15. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2005, 20:12 ASLayerAODsk

I had a problem running the 5.7 catastrophy drivers on my r9700pro...would load up partially...then crash to desktop...my first thought was 'typical microcrap'...but then i thought about 'what did i just install differently?' and voila..it was the catastrophy drivers...so...i rolled em back..and im back in business sigh, im starting to learn to NEVER use ATI drivers...they rarely work with the games i play for some reason...blah.

as well..i think BF2 is a CLASSIC example of what happens when big business takes over a smaller organization and gives them deadlines....crap is released and then the massive flame onslaught is launched seconds after its release...its all about money..not about us, the consumer. who makes the business what they are...but im just amazed how dumb we are...buying this stuff up...still. If the engine in your brand new 2005 VW/Dodge/Ford/Chevy/SAAB etc blew up every 2 blocks, would you let that slide?

its kinda like hillary clinton asking for a full investigation into GTA:SA and totally ignoring Bin Laden...natural 'virtual' sex is FAR worse than annihilating 3000 ppl huh? great priorities...:P

LONG LIVE HOWARD STERN!!!

This comment was edited on Jul 22, 20:17.

News Comments > BF2: Special Forces Announced
83. Re: Dice Sucks and So does EA Jul 14, 2005, 22:04 ASLayerAODsk

okie...you know the MAIN problem here? is that companies in general havent come up with anything new really in this decade...movies...music...its all relying on previous decades and just regurgitating it out and we buy it..its sad..its called marketing aka propoganda...and well...bf2 could be considered a really fancy version of doom 2 coop really. does it have coop? yes. does it involve shooting other players/opponents? yes. is it an fps? yes? does it drive the systems of the time? yes. movie plots as well..same stuff...but i wont get into the movies/music aspect..thats just too much..but for games..we really havent seen anything new. Doom 3 was fairly interesting storywise/effectwise combo, but one lopsided the other. So what you have here is a large company *EA/Dice* using the same formula they have used, semi-successfully for years now...unfortunately..its starting to wean..and get out of control...with all the resources EA has..you would think they would invest heavily into their R&D dept, and find something TRUELY NEW and inventive...is there a larger conglomerate than EA right now in the PC games world? im not sure, i havent been looking at the stock prices etc..but im guessing that theres very few as large as them...and im sure they are becoming dangerously close to a monopoly as well, which as far as i was aware of, was illegal in north america to do. but im not up to date on that aspect either. but back to my point, gaming is just prettier these days than it was say 10 years ago. thats about the only difference. bigger systems required, more resources, more marketing, more crap, less interest.
ps Hope i kept this in order...i got brainfreeze while writing this so hopefully its still in order

67. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2005, 17:17 ASLayerAODsk

well..if they DO read this board then...id be MORE than happy to sit down and help them CONSTRUCTIVELY get bf2 up to a DECENT and ACCEPTABLE level. cause well...it needs a lot of work...optimizations etc. and being on a fresh reinstall *< 24 hours old* bf2 actually runs semi decent now...*30-40fps* at med-high quality with no shadows whatsoever. Id also like to add that the 'fog' effect...isnt that reserved for machines that cant handle anything...like...a playstation? or an atari 2600? blah

News Comments > New CATALYST Drivers
9. Re: New drivers... Jul 14, 2005, 17:13 ASLayerAODsk

well..i just installed the Omega ATI drivers..they seem pretty decent..only been using em 24 hours though..so kinda hard to really make a good judgement on em yet...but so far..for bf2...nice improvement slight..but good

ps if i find anything wrong with them..ill be sure to post here for ya

52. Re: Fine...I read the damn thing. Jul 14, 2005, 14:31 ASLayerAODsk

ya know...over half these postings are directed directly at dice/ea....do you actually think someone from either of the organizations actually READS this stuff? my guess is 'no' but i could be wrong...it almost sounds like a CS game on this board now...hmm....whine whine whine..cheat cheat cheat...blah blah blah...

15. Re: U.S. ARMY SF Jul 14, 2005, 11:25 ASLayerAODsk

yeah..good question..what happened to Delta?

13. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2005, 11:24 ASLayerAODsk

I would have to say that i did a FRESH install of winblows...then reinstalled all said drivers..and bf2 runs pretty nicely..even with the patch...i dont ALWAYS get the best pings..but its more than playable...30-40 fps...800x600@70hz mostly high detail...but yes...there are bugs bugs bugs...so...lesson from this is...pirate software from EA cause its ALWAYS gonna be buggy, learn it single player, then buy it a month/2 later when MAYBE the patch or serious upgrades to the initial CRAP release are out...then play online...sound reasonable?

2. Re: The Russians are back! Jul 14, 2005, 11:13 ASLayerAODsk

umm..shouldnt they FINISH the INITIAL product FIRST??? BEFORE starting on another??? umm...unless they have ADD or something...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. ooo! HUMPING!!! Jul 12, 2005, 10:46 ASLayerAODsk

maybe its your turn to hump the dogs leg!!!

HA HA!!! TABLES ARE TURNED!!!

News Comments > BF2 Hotfix Coming - Downgrade Suggested
10. Re: How Not To Make A Server Browser v1. Jul 9, 2005, 02:07 ASLayerAODsk

would you buy a brand new car with all 4 wheels missing?

aka bf2 BARELY working.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Rambus Jul 8, 2005, 15:05 ASLayerAODsk

Liam Neeson SUCKS
hehe

45 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo