Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Mike White

Real Name Mike White   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PullMyFinger
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 11, 2004, 20:03
Total Comments 15 (Suspect)
User ID 21079

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
17. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 1, 2014, 18:13 PullMyFinger

Politics be damned - looking forward to Blue's 17th!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Jan 9, 2014, 23:15 PullMyFinger

Damn that's early! All good, Blue.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
69. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 15:28 PullMyFinger

I've been here for a very long time as well, and seems like Hudson the wonder dog was a part of *all* of us. My sincere condolences, Blue.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2011, 16:48 PullMyFinger

Hope all goes well with Dr. Toothy, and indeed - don't use that as a sympathy crutch. Mrs. Blue would get you back for that sort of thing. :-)  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2011, 16:42 PullMyFinger

BluesNews is truly one of my favorite sites for as long as I can remember. Thanks very much for all the hard work you put into it - as already stated - every single day. Cheers, Blue - here's to another 15!  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2011, 14:10 PullMyFinger

Echoing the sentiments of others - congratulations to the both of you - here's to another 15! Looking forward to BluesNews 30th...  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 20, 2011, 00:07 PullMyFinger

Right on, Blue!

Eons ago (it seems) I used to occasionally fire up a Q2 server on a Solaris machine at work, back when game servers used to be ported to UNIX. Man, that was a long time ago.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2010, 16:22 PullMyFinger

Blue - if you're ever in the Austin area, outside of town about 20 minutes is the Salt Lick. It's nirvana for carnivores. Check it out if you ever get the chance.

http://www.saltlickbbq.com/index.html

Remember to bring cash - no plastic accepted. It's B.Y.O.B.; too, which sounds like a hassle but is actually pretty fun. Some folks bring some awfully large coolers with them.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2010, 19:12 PullMyFinger

My most sincere condolences to you and your family, Blue.

I've been regularly visiting your site since, oh, GLQuake or so; but almost never comment. In any case, I was saddened to hear about your loss. I hope things get back to normal as soon as it's reasonable, and that folks who visit this site take your cue to encourage their friends and family who might also be smokers to quit. It's likely the most readily understood (though certainly not easy) way to extend your life.

- PullMyFinger

News Comments > Crysis Soundtrack Next Week
1. No subject Jan 24, 2008, 19:47 PullMyFinger

You can probably play it on an overclocked CD player. With adequate cooling. And hardware acceleration onboard.

37. Re: No subject Dec 22, 2004, 14:59 PullMyFinger

Hey complicity - I'll agree w/ the other posts that you should get out to see your doctor, but it might not be as alarming a situation as others have indicated.

I had a very similar experience back in college - vision just started going haywire for about an hour, and then I got a mind-numbing headache. Found out later that it was my first real migraine headache, and that vision distortion is a common precursor to the onset of the headache. Now when I get them I pop a couple of Advil/Tylenol/whatever, and try and find someplace quiet to wait out the vision weirdness. If I can get a nap in, I'll usually miss the headache part altogether and be fine when I wake up.

All the same, a doctor's visit is a good precautionary tactic against anything more serious.

Good luck.

This comment was edited on Dec 22, 15:00.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Stutter Fix Tomorrow
2. Re: Yay! Nov 22, 2004, 19:45 PullMyFinger

Giddyup - me, too.

News Comments > New Far Cry SDK
10. Re: hhmmm Sep 15, 2004, 16:22 PullMyFinger

Ah yes, the final City on Water secret - very painful (cough). Took me the better part of 2 - 3 hours, largely due to my spasmatic jumping skills. Check out the vids on http://www.painkillerhell.com to actually see it done. Pretty impressive considering it was captured using FRAPS, which makes it harder to get the jumps right.

News Comments > Painkiller Patch & Editor
18. Re: Doom 2.9 Sep 14, 2004, 15:15 PullMyFinger

I thought PK was a blast. For the swamp boss, here's a couple tips that are not too much of a spoiler:

1. He's invincible to your weapons *at first*
2. The bubbles are important

If you want the *full* disclosure on how to kill him, check out the very detailed Boss FAQ at http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/game/13601.html; and also the helpful "how-to" videos at http://www.painkillerhell.com.

Edit: Dang, I'm slow.
This comment was edited on Sep 14, 15:16.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Patch hype Jul 6, 2004, 12:26 PullMyFinger

I can think of another - D2 1.10.

15 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo