Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zincthallinide

Real Name zincthallinide   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I went by hubricide here from inception until 7/27/2011.
Homepage http://www.realopedia.org/
Signed On May 28, 2004, 22:09
Total Comments 665 (Apprentice)
User ID 20985

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Details
11. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Details Jul 7, 2009, 21:53 zincthallinide

Personally I enjoyed L4D when it first came out but suddenly it became very very uninteresting. The gameplay is very simple without even much variation in the weapons, and making people play the boomer has to be the single most disgusting idea ever borne from the mind of humanity. The game itself is grim and unrelenting and while this initially makes for very fast-paced gameplay, at some point it inevitably becomes the same old stuff over and over. More/longer campaigns and more weapons would have helped, but, eh, ultimately it's just another horror survival zombie game.

L4D2 does look superior to L4D, but I'm burned out on horror survival games.. still, I'm sure Valve or whoever made the actual game made lots of cash, because I can't imagine L4D was difficult to make on any level - oh, and it's still buggy months after being released.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Impulse Sales
15. Re: Those prices are unreal. Jul 1, 2009, 20:57 zincthallinide

Majesty is fun - very short, but for $5 definitely worth it. It's also more like watching a TV show than playing a game, but it's a fun TV show  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Patched
3. Re: Left 4 Dead Patched Jun 29, 2009, 21:40 zincthallinide

I don't think the L4D developers have tested their own game or any of the patches. Perhaps they tested just enough to see if it loads a map without crashing. L4D is easily the buggiest game I've ever played.. and admittedly one of the most fun, even with the endless introduction of bugs  

News Comments > Aion Inverted Mouse Coming
6. Re: Aion Inverted Mouse Coming Jun 26, 2009, 11:42 zincthallinide

When I look up, I pull my head back. When I look down, I push my head forward. As far as flight simmy games I only ever really played Wing Commanders 2 and 3 for any length of time.. Pushing forward to look up feels completely wrong to me  

News Comments > Dragon Age Tabletop Interview
8. Re: Dragon Age Tabletop Interview May 25, 2009, 18:20 zincthallinide

Holy crap is this game ever coming out  

News Comments > Tech Bits
4. Re: Win7 and Netbooks May 24, 2009, 01:22 zincthallinide

The 64-bit freebie Win7 takes up 11.3 GB on my system. I installed with all the defaults and haven't installed much of anything else. I have no idea why an OS needs 11 GB, even if it is 'Ultimate'. I could dig through the subdirectories and get a better idea, but eh. I'll only be buying the cheapest decent version (probably the one just past Basic) and using it to run DX 10+ games. Although the network stack is clearly faster in Win7, everything else is clearly slower. And MS's mystical DRM schemes, while not as draconian as they could be, are still awfully mysterious.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
11. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched May 23, 2009, 22:32 zincthallinide

Left 4 Dead -

I used to be able to jump onto a pub versus server and more often than not have a decent game. Lately all I've gotten are complete newbies or griefers. Considering that a full campaign takes an hour, it's largely a waste of time.

The gameplay itself is also very simplistic, simpler even than TF2, and I suspect that any game so simple will get old relatively quickly no matter how well done it is (see also Defcon). It was fun while it lasted, and I got it during the half price sale

News Comments > New TF2 Spy Weapon Revealed
6. Re: New TF2 Spy Weapon Revealed May 19, 2009, 21:13 zincthallinide

You play spy and sniper, I'll play pyro and burn burn burn  

News Comments > TF2 Meet the Spy Video
21. Re: TF2 Meet the Spy Video May 18, 2009, 00:27 zincthallinide

Jar of pee - throw it at the opponent to stun them with a WaCkY 'JAR O' PISS' graphic over their heads!!!!!!111111  

News Comments > Creative Rebate and Switch
23. Re: Creative Rebate and Switch May 14, 2009, 16:16 zincthallinide

I've never had an issue with any sound or video card either.

As with everything everywhere, the people who have problems are far more vocal than those that don't. And, to state the obvious, if Creative/ATI/NVidia/etc/etc really created such bad products, they would go out of business, replaced by someone better.

News Comments > TF2 MMO Code
15. Re: TF2 MMO Code May 2, 2009, 18:50 zincthallinide

Left 4 Dead took me away from TF2 for a while, then I tried TF2 again after the scout update, and somehow or other that update just makes TF2 boring all the way around. Maybe it's the super-cheesiness of the scout buff graphics and sounds, or the way that scouts can now stun and knockback players and drink some thing that makes them dodge incoming fire, or both, or maybe TF2 just seems way too easy after playing L4D for a while  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2009, 00:29 zincthallinide

She 'lost' her Q6600? She didn't tell the motherboard people she accidentally left it in there? If so, it's thievery.. or did they throw the CPU away..? EH?

As for Star Trek, I reserve judgment until I see it. It looks impressive at least.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 27, 2009, 00:28 zincthallinide

I would. I play MMORPGs for the zone exploration and nifty special effects. If I wanted to kill stuff, I'd play a much faster paced deathmatch-style game, like Left 4 Dead, and every deathmatch FPS supports coop play now, which is all MMORPGs used to have over FPSs.  

News Comments > Leaked StarCraft II Details?
3. Re: Leaked StarCraft II Details? Apr 12, 2009, 21:03 zincthallinide

There's gonna be a Starcraft II????

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

News Comments > Judge Mathis Game Plans
19. Re: Judge Mathis Game Plans Apr 12, 2009, 00:40 zincthallinide

Cunt sure, but kike? Never.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 12, 2009, 00:38 zincthallinide

I've never had problems with NVidia or ATI drivers or any display drivers in general  

41. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2009, 01:28 zincthallinide

TAKE DA PEN  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2009, 01:19 zincthallinide

I had actually completely forgotten about Duke Nukem Forever.. but now it's back in my consciousness, at least until I go to sleep and forget about it again  

News Comments > Wolfenstein Trailer
35. Re: Wolfenstein Trailer Mar 22, 2009, 02:30 zincthallinide

I'm bored of WW2 games in general and the Wolfenstein 'brand' has never appealed to me.. Escape from a cold damp castle and kill Nazis.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

They must be throwing in the 'occult' elements to try and zazz it up, but it's still WW2 and it's still the frickin Nazis

News Comments > Astronaut MMOG Announced
3. Re: Astronaut MMOG Announced Mar 21, 2009, 03:50 zincthallinide

This sounds like fun. I'll give it a shot unless it looks like a total stink-ola-t-fest-ula  

665 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo