Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for zincthallinide

Real Name zincthallinide   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description I went by hubricide here from inception until 7/27/2011.
Homepage http://www.realopedia.org/
Signed On May 28, 2004, 22:09
Total Comments 665 (Apprentice)
User ID 20985

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Hellgate Closed Beta Tomorrow
5. Re: Hellgate Closed Beta Tomorrow Jun 3, 2011, 02:50 zincthallinide

I clicked apply and got a BIG GIF specifying that I am ACCEPTED INTO THE RIFT OF HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL which I guess means I'm in on the 'closed' beta

RIFT

RIIIIIIIIFTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Empires Online in August, Pricing Details Revealed
3. Re: Age of Empires Online in August, Pricing Details Revealed Jun 1, 2011, 16:38 zincthallinide

I found the beta to be surprisingly fun. It's interesting to look at an RTS from a MMOG standpoint.. farming the (dumb) AI's endless fodder for XP..

The game is basically stock Age of Empires 2, and that is still a fun basic game.

AoE Online is Evony without the lameness

News Comments > Cryptic Sold
13. Re: Cryptic Sold Jun 1, 2011, 16:35 zincthallinide

I agree, STO is fun for a bit (a month?) before it gets sameish. Also you must ignore the fact that the Federation is suddenly at war with every other species in the universe, and that that therefore means they must blow them up over and over and over and over..

Ship combat is fun while it lasts, though. Planets have nicely varied settings, until you see them all..

Enjoy

News Comments > GTA4 Street Views
4. Re: GTA4 Street Views May 28, 2011, 15:11 zincthallinide

I'd play this if there were something more to actually do than kill people and steal cars.. I might just to wander around and see all the stuff.. Somehow when a game is an 'obviously' different setting from 'real life' I don't mind killing things and blowing stuff up, but when I'm basically running around in a 'real life' city and shooting people I can't get into it. Then, the missions involve mafia type lameness where people are shooting each other based upon the most nonsensical of modern-style premises (THEYRE IN THE OTHER GANG SO THEY MUST DIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE) and.. eh. I don't care if Nico gets shot in the brains or whatever. The main characters in all the GTA games are all enormous losers  

News Comments > Gold - Duke Nukem Forever
53. It ain't over yet May 24, 2011, 19:34 zincthallinide

I'm still not believing it until I have a copy on my computer running.. it will be a self-rental copy.. lest I mislead anyone..  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Audio
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Combat Audio May 21, 2011, 13:58 zincthallinide

Yeah.  

News Comments > Cargo Demo
2. Re: Cargo Demo May 20, 2011, 00:40 zincthallinide

I find gravity annoying.  

News Comments > Atari Dropping Cryptic
5. Re: Atari Dropping Cryptic May 17, 2011, 21:22 zincthallinide

Woah. I wonder what this means for Star Trek Online. And those other games they have too  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
7. Re: Quote of the Day May 7, 2011, 23:05 zincthallinide

I played some sort of rally game on OnLive and found it amazingly playable. If I hadn't known it was streamed over the internet, I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I have a roughly 7MBit/1MBit connection.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans
14. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans May 7, 2011, 14:07 zincthallinide

You must pwnz them before they get a chance to hide up in the bleachers. Even then you can occasionally work-o them over.  

9. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans May 7, 2011, 05:46 zincthallinide

Also..

JIMMAH GIBBS

(JUNIOR)

8. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Midnight Riders DLC Plans May 7, 2011, 05:43 zincthallinide

I take the Midnight Riders as a parody of the multitudes of Lynyrd Skynyrd-type 'southern rock' bands that once existed and maybe still do. That said, I found their music lugubrious and the lyrics simply terrible. THAT SAID, I enjoy the finale where you're on the stage, slashin' up them zombies.  

News Comments > RIFT Patch Next Week
10. Re: RIFT Patch Next Week May 5, 2011, 19:35 zincthallinide

I'm still enjoying trying different classes and PVP and exploring the zones. I have yet to get a character to 50.

The rifts aren't as amazing-seeming as they were when I first started, but the zone wide invasion events are fun and I enjoy the battlegrounds/warfronts.

Rift is a lot like WoW, but with less content (just started), better graphics, more flexible classes, and miscellaneous things that to me make the game more streamlined and less annoying.

I suspect I will end up re-activating my WoW account (where I have gotten no higher than level 65) and playing both of these games when the mood strikes me.

WoW is good for easier times roaming around in a cartoony landscape with tons of content (zones, dungeons, equipment including costumes and the like, pets). Rift is good for chaotic sleek graphic never-know-quite-what-your-PVP-opponent-has-ness.

It makes sense to me that not everyone will like a game forever, so I would expect an initial big rush, then some dropoff, then a steady buildup as more people find the game fun and more content is added and bugs are fixed.

I don't see Rift disappearing any time soon.

News Comments > Still More Age of Empires Online Beta Keys
28. Re: Still More Age of Empires Online Beta Keys Apr 28, 2011, 19:21 zincthallinide

I am interested.  

News Comments > Fighting Game Fan Fights Lag
3. Re: Fighting Game Fan Fights Lag Apr 24, 2011, 01:23 zincthallinide

I believe it must rely on clients to report when the user 'really' hit the key, and then adjust health bars etc as necessary if the game didn't predict things properly. Since any delay is conceivably very small, the amount of adjustment needed is small, so this is easy enough and doesn't cause hugely jarring sudden adjustments.

That said, it seems to me that if you perform a move that stuns an opponent or the like, and just later (say 5 millseconds) they hit another move, then suddenly the opponent's move would have to be stopped mid-move, causing visual weirdness. You could delay when the move happens compared to when you hit the key, but then, you're causing another sort of delay, although at least things are matched up to how they 'really' should be..

The key thing would have to be some 'master timer' and trusting that each client will report itself accurately.

News Comments > The Sims 3 Generations Announced
7. Re: The Sims 3 Generations Announced Apr 5, 2011, 19:20 zincthallinide

I played SimAnt on the Mac and what worked for me was to change into a guard and go straight to their queen and kill it. I forget if it had difficulty levels or not, though..  

News Comments > RIFT Friends Trial
17. Re: RIFT Friends Trial Apr 1, 2011, 21:44 zincthallinide

Some more

QETF-9QLT-YNCM-6LEJ-YKJH

News Comments > RIFT Patch and Event Plans
12. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 26, 2011, 07:41 zincthallinide

Acleacius wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 00:13:
What's the verdict on getting the Collector's Edition, is the Mount, Bag and Pet (fluff or buff?) worth the extra $10 or is it easy to get the gold for a mount by level 20?

Also is there a Skill Reset feature, especially since this Skill System seems to have so many choices?

I bought the CE and I think it was worth it. You can get a mount pretty easily regardless (you just need the money) but it costs around 1 p 50 g (for the type of mount you get in the CE) which at the start of the game is a lot of money. By the time you hit 15 or so though it won't be - there is no copper (money) in Rift.

The pet is total fluff.. I haven't used it. I guess it argues with itself occasionally..?

I'm not sure how many slots the bigger backpack adds but more is fine with me.

Rift supports skill resets as well as 'total spec swapping' without having to reset and retrain everything (you need to obtain the alternate classes from quests.. the quests involve rifts ). Training skills costs money and is necessary if you want them to stay useful at later levels. That said, they don't cost very much money, at least not at level 21.. but they're scaling slowly.

News Comments > RIFT Patch and Event Plans
8. Re: RIFT Patch and Event Plans Mar 25, 2011, 23:22 zincthallinide

I'm enjoying an elementalist/dominator for pet, dd, cc/enemy annoyance excitement.

I'm on one of the biggest non-full-pvp servers and while there is some widget crowding, it's actually been very light considering the number of people. You can also group and share widgeting.

That said, the game will give you a list of all the servers and their basic business when you make a character.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Delayed Until June
11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Delayed Until June Mar 24, 2011, 09:52 zincthallinide

Oh. It actually need not ever release. But the actual game has to be amusing on some level or other. I assume that at some point someone will simply leak a 'beta' version and that will be it. THOSE ALIEN BASTARDS LEAKED MY PERPETUALLY PRE-GOLD BUILD  

665 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo