Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DV

Real Name DV   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 9, 2004, 16:29
Total Comments 43 (Suspect)
User ID 20865

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 11:28 DV

nin wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 11:25:
DV wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 11:19:
Beamer, are you ever honest with yourself? or do you believe the BS you post on #GamerGate? Let's go thru the BS you posted. <snip>

Dammit, you fed him. I was hoping he was going to keep arguing with himself.

And damn, you gave him a 5 course meal, too.

Way to go.

Sorry nin. I couldn't help it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 11:19 DV

Beamer, are you ever honest with yourself? or do you believe the BS you post on #GamerGate? Let's go thru the BS you posted.
1) #GamerGate is far from dead. Just on the hashtag to see for yourself.
2) Milo was censored yesterday cause of WAM. He;s back now. BTW I don't follow or listen to him.
3)It has changed a lot. Most sites updated they're ethnic polices.
4)Rogue hasn't been banned for harassment...he was censored cause SJWs don't like him.
5)Outside of Milo....most prominent posters are left leaning on politics.
6)#GamerGate has no leadership
7)The blacklist was up to almost 16k..far more then 6500. And if no one is listening to them. Why are people being censored.
8)No one bothers with Kluwe cause he truly is clueless. Is he going to tell more Sandusky kid rape jokes? Another white guy that has too much time and money on his hands.
9) Anti GG does exist. Just go on the #GamerGate hashtag and see them. When you look at they're profiles you'll see a bunch are writers,wannabe game devs,ect..You know people looking for a piece of the action.
10) NO..not everyone wants better journalism. Certainly not the Anti GG or SJW crowd. They want things to stay the same.

So you say GG is nothing but the "He-manWomenHatingClub"..Well the Anti GG/SJW stands for corruption, collusion, censorship, biased media, ect. That is what YOU stand for.

News Comments > etc.
47. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 15:34 DV

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:28:
DV wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 15:17:

Anti-GG SJW in action. This woman did NOT deserve the hate and intolerance shown her for having her own opinion.

Did you read what you posted? The person who sent that thing is some troll from dumbass subreddits who has already been removed from his moderator position, not an SJW.

Ahh...Thanks NKD. It just got my blood up reading it. Maybe I shouldn't have posted in anger and being a reddit virgin. I apologize to any anti-gg or sjw I might have offended.

News Comments > etc.
42. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 15:17 DV

www.reddit.com/r/TransSupport/ comments/2ks7k2/ who_should_i_take_this_up_with_im_literally/

" We have banned you from /r/gamergate and /r/antigamergate. We did not do this because you are pro-#GamerGate, we did this because you, like most white transwomen, show a fundamental lack of gratitude for your allies on the left who have campaigned for social justice for decades.

We are the only reason you have any civil rights, we are the reason you have never been thrown into an asylum for your gender identity, and we are the reason you have not been subjected to the pseudo-scientific reparative therapies of the 20th century. We did all this for you, and yet you support the reactionaries who would love to swing you from a lamp post on their fabled "day of the rope."

You, as a transwoman, are indebted to us, and the very least you could have done would have been to abstain from this ugly flame war until it passed. Instead, you have decided to reinforce the tokenism of the reactionaries by endorsing them and by participating in their forums.

You may not be our shield, but you are our property. We own you. Your very existence is protected by the institutions and laws we have made for you. Never forget this, and in the future, show some fucking gratitude. "

Anti-GG SJW in action. This woman did NOT deserve the hate and intolerance shown her for having her own opinion.

News Comments > etc.
30. Re: etc. Oct 30, 2014, 13:41 DV

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:41:
I do find it funny that Beamer mentioned the #NotYourShield thing. Apparently, when some other group or movement tries to claim you or make you into a victim to lend legitimacy to their cause, speaking up for yourself and saying "I'm not part of your cause, thanks. I support your opponents." is hypocritical and merely a way to shield cis white males, rather than someone speaking up for themselves.

It's a no-win situation. Stay quiet and be used as a shield. Speak up, be accused of being a token, shield, or shill for the other side.

The anti-#NotYourShield people pisses me off to no end with their hypocrisy. I've found these people to be arrogant racist homophobic misogynistic hate mongers. The funniest part of the whole anti-#NotYourShield backlash was it was mostly anti-GG WHITE MALES calling them out as fakes, to stupid to understand the issue, traitors, ect. Does anyone even know what happened to the guy who started #NotYourShield? He was a black male that got doxxed and had SJWs call his job and got him fired.

News Comments > etc., etc.
51. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 19:47 DV

LOL Beamer. I saw the post on twitter. I'm pro GG but will say Anita's entitled to her opinion.

" Remember the guy who got doxxed by the girl wanting "to be a good feminist"? This is truly moving."

A very VERY good "heart tugging" read. I feel sorry for this girl and wish I could help her.

http://hokuto-ju-no-ken.tumblr.com/post/101219150529/a-follow-up

48. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 17:08 DV

MAJOR UPDATE ON JOURNOLIST/GJP @ezraklein creator of JournoList is EIC of http://vox.com (Owns Polygon) AND Policy Analyst at MSNBC.

Just when you think the rabbit hole can't get any deeper, someone throws you a shovel. This would explain why Anita got her unchallenged coverage on MSNBC

4. Re: etc., etc. Oct 28, 2014, 21:21 DV

NKD wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 21:16:
Henry Dorsett wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 20:00:
Gamer: "a cis white male who hates women, minorities, or anyone different from himself; especially : a basement-dweller who regularly plays with himself" (Sarkeesian-Gawker Dictionary)

Fixed that for you with the dictionary definition that the gaming press uses.

Damn you NKD.. You got me just as I was drinking my tea and I did a spit take.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 26, 2014, 11:50 DV

Julio, not sure if anyone is doing it but people might want to submit the positive GG links to Blue.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
37. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 25, 2014, 20:43 DV

This is going off a webforum I visit that happened the other day. I'd say it is a mostly left leaning crowd on this site.

As we all know there was an attack in Ottawa the other day. A thread was started about it and someone said " you think it was terrorist related ". Of course people jumped in and said " Lets not jump to conclusions its Muslim terror related" ( I agree no one should )...

Later that same day Felicia Day gets doxxed and the same people are up in arms in the gamergate thread " F'en women hating gamergate people". Jesus the hypocrisy

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
34. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 25, 2014, 20:11 DV

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 19:00:
Flatline, you misunderstand the argument. I'm not saying it us fact because the nyt says it. I say it is fact because popular opinion says so. Vastly, infinitely more people think it is about women than think it is about journalism.

That, and none of the discussions are ever about journalism.

Why do most people think GG is about threats against women? Maybe because Gawker, Polygon, Kotaku, MSNBC, ect has been pushing that narrative for awhile now. I've seen TWO neutral MSM pieces about GG in that time. The rest have been all "hit" pieces that pushed the false narrative. The Iraqi Information Minister would be proud.

And when someone from GG wants to talk about ethics in journalism...they are told its a smokescreen to just hide misogyny or " Its BS about ethics and I won't even acknowledge it's about journalism. It is noting but hatred towards women and that is that".

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: Adobe Oct 22, 2014, 13:20 DV

Beamer wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 11:14:
Elf Shot The Food wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 11:07:
What's funny about that Adobe story is that someone who writes for the Ars Technica "liked" the pro-bullying tweets made by that Gawker idiot. And when someone in the comments section brought that up, no one responded.

Many are claiming Sam Biddle's comments were sarcastic and taken out of context. Well, if true, that's why you don't make unclear, context-free comments with only 144 characters. It's the same weak excuse that jackass made after threatening Steam.

I really can't understand how people see how his "pro bullying" tweets were taken out of context.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
9. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 20, 2014, 22:52 DV

As a big Batman fan I've found Gotham to be ok. Arrow has been a fun watch. Beamer, I haven't watched South Park in awhile but use to enjoy it.  

News Comments > etc.
38. Re: etc. Oct 18, 2014, 22:12 DV

Rolling Stone has jumped on the Anita bandwagon.

[url=]http://www.rollingstone.com/[/url]

EDIT: Yes I suck at linking. TY

News Comments > etc.
103. Re: etc. Oct 17, 2014, 16:02 DV

ASeven wrote on Oct 17, 2014, 14:52:
Allegedly Mercedes Benz has just withdrawn their ads from Gawker, handy after Gawker employee wanting to "bring back bullying" and saying "nerds should be constantly shamed and degraded into submission." and a number of writers and ""journalists"" retweeted and favorited this.

Karma's a bitch.

I posted about it a page back. Unfortunately i'm not as good as you ASeven at importing links..lol. I believe it was said he did this on " anti-bullying day " to boot. SMH

News Comments > etc.
54. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 19:57 DV

Acleacius wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 19:20:
I'm calling bullshit, completely disingenuous for you 3 guys to say "you would give a talk/speech/discussion" with armed participants. Hahaha_no

Especially without mentioning the part about she is under real and present danger from rape and death threats. Threats the police and FBI have deemed valid enough for her to be forced to leave her home.

Since I'm one of the "3" I'll answer you. A honest and fair question was asked and I answered it honestly. I didn't feel the need to mention the "threats" since it wasn't asked in the original question. R.I.F Acleacius, it's fundamental.

As for the the second part of your post. My answer would still be a "Yes I would". It's called courage of convictions which she seems to have neither.

News Comments > etc.
49. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 19:08 DV

Wow. On the "day of awareness against bullying" a Gawker senior staff writer posted this...[url=]http://i.imgur.com/6ssdX8x.jpg[/url]

Double Wow on his bosses reply...[url=]https://twitter.com/Pinworm45/status/522861295247187968[/url]

News Comments > etc.
36. Re: etc. Oct 16, 2014, 17:20 DV

Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:48:
UHD wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:43:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:31:
UHD wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 16:25:
So if you were in charge of campus security, and you received a threat that someone was going to start shooting up your school during someone's presentation, what would you do?
Have it investigated, which was done. By the FBI no less, who declared it a non-credible threat and tell them to carry on. Remember she cancelled because of the CCW policy, not because of anything else.

Which honestly is pretty reasonable if you've been inundated with threats to your person. You also wouldn't necessarily insist on such tight security if you're making all these threats up, or you haven't received them in such number or graphic detail. You could just soldier on and look the brave activist standing up to those mean gamers.

I have a really hard time finding fault with her decision. She could have waited for the official investigation, but I guess she felt the CCW law was more serious, because if you're going to conceal a weapon with intent to use it that day you're not going to warn the police beforehand.

Question: would anyone frequenting these threads want to go somewhere and give a discussion about gender and games in front of an armed audience?

I would. Why not? If a crazed person sitting in an audience wants to take a shot at you..armed or unarmed audience..they're gonna take their shot. Some people would even argue you'd be safer with the armed audience.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 19:09 DV

Blue, Johnny Trigg and Myron Mixon would be proud of you  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2014, 11:33 DV

Ratty wrote on Feb 28, 2014, 11:05:
Egg creams. Oo la la. Aren't we hoity toity today. I have no idea what egg creams are but it sounds like something Thurston and Lovey would be sipping.

Truthfully, I believe it is something that Gilligan and Mary Ann would drink. The making of a great eggcream is something of a lost art. Damn im jonesing for an eggcream now....Thanks Blue.

43 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo