Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Medieval II: Total War Retrofit Mod
2. Re: just buy kingdoms Sep 5, 2007, 06:45 Kevlar

Judging just by Blue's description, I'll be surprised if this project isn't shut down. Sounds like they're living dangerously mimicking a paid expansion.

Of course, were I to actually read up on the situation or know anything about M:TW I might know better... But who does that?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Armadillo crash Aug 22, 2007, 14:00 Kevlar

Come on, Carmack, texels have always sucked (hellloooo, NovaLogic). Why'd you have to go and name it that?

News Comments > Epic Can Fly
14. Re: It's Simple Mathematics Really Aug 21, 2007, 11:30 Kevlar

Your opinion, sure, and also in the minority in this case. I'm glad to see so many turn out to support PCF - I hadn't heard much recently and thought they were in financial trouble.

News Comments > C&C3 - The Revolution WILL be Televised
12. Re: No subject Aug 9, 2007, 07:20 Kevlar

Hey, I think this is a huge announcement... When you pair it with the "spectators-able-to-mess-with-games" bug. Imagine 500 giant floating eyes scorching the earth in every match!

News Comments > Dead Island Details
1. Possibly intriguing. Aug 8, 2007, 13:51 Kevlar

Silent Hill 2 + Resident Evil 4 + Bioshock + Far Cry + STALKER? Is that what they're shooting for?

News Comments > Reinforcements for Frontlines: Fuel of War
5. Re: interesting Jul 26, 2007, 07:01 Kevlar

What's especially interesting is how what would seem like a non-press-release comes on the heels of that UE3 lawsuit alleging that studios get virtually no help with the engine...

News Comments > Legendary: The Box Announced
2. So... Jul 11, 2007, 07:41 Kevlar

One of Gamecock's first published games is going to be about a legendary box?

Meh. Had a few of those myself.

News Comments > Ron Gilbert On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
6. Re: titles May 10, 2007, 06:39 Kevlar

It was said some time ago on the PA website that there would be no voice acting for the two title characters. IIRC, the rationale was that there was no way they would ever be able to get the right voices without pissing someone off, so they're electing to do speech bubbles - easier and more in the spirit of the comic.

News Comments > Happy Birthday Guild Wars
12. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2007, 08:51 Kevlar

I've logged about 700 hours into the game over the past 22 months or so. Still love it after all this time, and it's still something I look forward to going back to even after (sometimes) getting burned out. Kind of like Diablo 2 - those two games are in a class all their own. ArenaNet gets automatic purchases and support from me for future titles.

If anyone needs a run, hit me up if you see me online (Sahaj Haruti). The only thing I haven't bothered learning is a proper Drok's run simply for the frustration.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Revelation on Saturday
23. Re: What about that list? Apr 25, 2007, 18:39 Kevlar

I love the comparisons IW made when first teasing this on their blog. I'll give my own version.

~7,000 B.C.E.: Man discovers fire...
~5,000 B.C.E.: The first permanent settlements begin to appear...
2007 A.C.E.: Infinity Ward introduces a modern Call of Duty.

Am I saying that Call of Duty finally going modern is an equally important, monumental achievement? No. In a business sense it belongs on the above list since the above list is actually called "things necessary for survival".

Congratulations, IW. You managed to do the inevitable, considering the market has to eventually bottom out on WWII titles.

(Anti-troll note: Don't get me wrong, I'll play it when it comes out! But I don't expect too many panties getting thrown on stage for this move. :P)
This comment was edited on Apr 25, 18:41.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Poor Blue... Mar 29, 2007, 05:44 Kevlar

Hope Blue's feeling better!

As for the Star Wars stamp set... That's targeted at nerds... Who use snail mail? What kind of cross-section on the Venn diagram is that? Two people?

News Comments > Guild Wars Chapters Scrapped, Sequel Revealed
33. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2007, 05:42 Kevlar

I never got Nightfall, but I'll be damned if I haven't been tempted to join up with you guys just reading this thread. I also always wanted to get a Paragon build going. I've always had a soft spot for certain guildies which always found me a place to land, but after 6 months of inactivity I'm sure they've since left.

...Sheesh, what do I even have for characters? W/Mo, Mo/N, N/Mo (MM), R/Mo (runner)... I forget the rest...

News Comments > Scott Miller Q&A
11. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2007, 14:40 Kevlar

No, no, I like Joss's idea. That's just the poison pill this insane campaign to actually finish DNF needs.

...Why can't it be finished, you say? Oh. Well, I'm not sure, exactly. I guess I'll just feel very old if it actually ever comes out.

News Comments > Gold - Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
4. Re: Demo Mar 12, 2007, 14:40 Kevlar

Guess they gave all that demo feedback a good... Week... Before shipping it out the door, eh?

News Comments > Guild Wars Add-on & Sequel Plans?
11. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2007, 06:36 Kevlar

I just find it entertaining that GW is always evaluated on such different criteria than almost every other title. Most people debate value in a game when there's 10, maybe 20 hours of play. 1000? 2000? I personally put at least 500 or 600 hours into Prophecies and Factions before burning myself out. Whether it's 'dead' or whether I'm just bored or not, I immensely respect that value, the memories I have from the game, the polish of the entire code/interface/streaming experience and the way ArenaNet conducts business.

The only other game I rate in terms of 'value' at that many hours logged is Diablo II...

News Comments > Supreme Commander Patch
2. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2007, 12:39 Kevlar

I'm a big fan, if at least for the scale of the battles. Sadly, it doesn't really fit my schedule now - most missions require your undivided attention for a few hours.

News Comments > New Half-Life 2 Eternal Silence
3. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2007, 10:06 Kevlar

Looks like it's dead in the water - while it seems like a great concept, I didn't find more than 20 people on last night around prime time.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Hey Blue... Feb 9, 2007, 06:22 Kevlar

Hear hear. And I for one like the new spacing.

News Comments > EVE Online Scandal
4. Re: No subject Feb 7, 2007, 14:44 Kevlar

Someone should set Lord British on fire and put a stop to this!

Oh, wait.

News Comments > MS on Vista Game Compatibility
13. Re: No subject Feb 2, 2007, 12:03 Kevlar

#2: Not to pick on you, but hilarious typo.

How is this even a 'statement' from Microsoft? It would have been better if they didn't say anything at all. This is the equivalent of saying "Ok, so your new car shuts down and doesn't drive on old roads. But look at all of the new and improved security features and product enhancements we've made that have no correlation to the issue at hand! Now here's a pat on the head. Go off and get yourself some ice cream."

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo