Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Details
14. Re: Wimmenz Jan 30, 2009, 11:35 Kevlar

Women play a large role in the game, some of them you've known for a long time, others will try to seduce or betray you, depending on your previous actions

Wow. They will try to seduce OR betray you? There's no third kind that will make my character a sammich? The mind boggles at the story depth.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars Plans
4. Re: Guild Wars Plans Jan 16, 2009, 11:06 Kevlar

I'm with you both. After years of on-and-off playing, I've permanently switched to off. It was certainly worth the cash and there are some memorable times, looking back, but I've been frustrated waiting to hear about the next installment.  

News Comments > BioShock: The Phantom Menace?
2. Re: BioShock: The Phantom Menace? Jan 7, 2009, 12:25 Kevlar

Agreed. Keep him away from the development PCs (and any associated meetings) at all costs.  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: aggressive redirect Sep 25, 2008, 07:08 Kevlar

New logos? Woohoo! I feel ten years younger already!

News Comments > Strong Bad Episode 2 & Demo
7. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2008, 07:04 Kevlar

Coincidentally, though, H*R was originally meant to be a children's show/site. You see that resurfacing now with the live action puppet shorts. It's just that it hung on a bit better with an older audience, and Strong Bad - well, Strong Bad of course was a pleasant surprise for the creators and for the fans.

Between this and Sam and Max, it is criminal that I have yet to buy season passes. Awesome to have a company like Telltale around doing episodic gaming right and bringing out some old favorites at the same time.

News Comments > Quake Live Movies
7. Re: No subject Aug 19, 2008, 12:45 Kevlar

For me it's really irrelevant. I still have my quake 3 arena copy kicking around somewhere. It's a snore for me.

Wash your mouth out with FIRE!

Seriously, though, while I can understand the comments I have to agree with the majority of posters in that Quake appealed to me because of its clarity of game rules. No crazy super dodging combos or wacky weapons, just good ol' deathmatch in straightforward, well-designed spaces.

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Interview - Demo "Possible"
2. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 10:25 Kevlar

They couldn't get this information out of executive producer Tera Patrick?

News Comments > Blizzard Levels & More Achievements Coming
1. Achievements? Aug 4, 2008, 13:21 Kevlar

Blizzard having achievements? This is madness!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Environment Changes Planned
15. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2008, 07:11 Kevlar

Hear hear! Let's get the Rock map back, and Border while we're at it. Anyone remember that simple 3-team one? Should take about 45 minutes for a Valve level designer to recreate, especially since they probably hired the guy that made the QWTF version.

News Comments > Mobilization
7. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 16:31 Kevlar

In response to the question about Carmack's interest...

I think that in addition to what's been said it also gives Carmack a kick of nostalgia to have to try and make good engines under completely limited, sometimes ridiculous hardware limitations. I remember an article from him a few years back talking about Brew or some other platform where he was trying to account for cell phone lag in a multiplayer title... Interesting stuff.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 09:28 Kevlar

Right now, I hear a lot of the problem in shipping is the weak US dollar. Nintendo makes more money shipping their systems and games to Europe so the US is getting a short supply.

Of course, they've also had over a year to get the supply straightened out, so who knows what the problem really is?

News Comments > Mobilization
1. Watch the Duke Nukem Trilogy trailer. Jul 18, 2008, 04:26 Kevlar

No, really. It's like a post-modern art piece. At first you may think 'Wait, I'm wasting 4 minutes of my life on this? Are these three logos all there is?' Then, of course, you begin pondering the existential nature of your watching 4 minutes of logos, and, if I may surmise the intent of the trailer and all comes together in your case, you will find the true value in the trailer.

Either that, or you'll hate 3DR even more for actually having the stones (or being too stoned) to bring a gameplay, CGI, anything-less Duke trailer to E3.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2008, 13:02 Kevlar

They may not want it online, but they'd better be prepared to try and strike down the hundreds of variations of cocks that will be showing up in the creature creator shortly after they've thrown down this banhammer.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 13:03.

News Comments > Mortal Online Announced
2. Re: yawn Apr 14, 2008, 14:41 Kevlar

A part of me was terrified when assuming this was actually Mortal Kombat Online.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes to Launch with Two Maps
24. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 06:29 Kevlar

Free game? This is a field test for micropayments, IGA and casual web-based game delivery, and EA has every hope of making as much or more money on this as if you were to pay for it in a store. You say free like it's some kind of altruistic gesture for those of us who thought the series peaked before EA started meddling with it - in reality, they're prostituting our fondest memories of the BF series to make a buck. If you don't believe that now, believe it later when you see every little item in various sections of the spawn menu carrying a price tag.

No vitrol meant toward the developers unlucky enough to be stuck there, of course, but with Madden 09 canceled for the PC and games like this being tinkered with I think those of us viewing the situation critically see where EA's management is trying to take us PC gamers.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes to Launch with Two Maps
20. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2008, 11:42 Kevlar

Hah! Actually, if he claims gamers only stick to 2 maps out of every 50, the corollary is really that only 4% of the maps they develop are actually good. For consistency, then, we should only count on a mere 4% chunk of the two maps they have made being worth your time.

That means you're going to be treated to some rockin' spawn areas.

edit: clarity
This comment was edited on Apr 3, 11:47.

News Comments > Frontlines: Fuel of War Patch
40. Re: No subject Feb 29, 2008, 07:13 Kevlar

I'm surprised at the amount of vitriol thrown at Frontlines. Not the console vs. PC war, of course - that can happen in any goddamn thread - nor the anger about early patching and SecuROM which I agree with but unfortunately see more often than not nowadays.

The rest of you should remember your history. Kaos was formerly Trauma Studios who created the Desert Combat mod for BF1942. EA purchased Trauma in a great feel-good move for the mod community, created BF2 with their help which was basically the Desert Combat mod with a new coat of paint, and shut down the studio shortly thereafter. I remember this because I remember how pissed off I was as a former modder that these guys could be so blatantly used.

It's similar to Battlefield because this team was the first to make Battlefield's modern equivalent. I say good for them to continue to have professional aspirations, even after being used and abused by EA and even though this title is familiar to their first attempt at going retail.

http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2005/06/07/workers_of_the_world_unite_maybe.html

(edit: clarity)
This comment was edited on Feb 29, 07:15.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Details
46. Re: Three stages of emotion Feb 22, 2008, 08:45 Kevlar

Agreed, Creston. I loved the AvP series (especially the first) and enjoyed the *idea* of Brothers in Arms, but I hope to hell they don't try to enforce the teamplay angle in this one through the 'wildly inaccurate gunplay' mechanic of the BiA series.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Still Alive Feb 22, 2008, 07:14 Kevlar

Come on, no Skullcruster Mountain or The Future Soon?

I personally would like to see First of May in Rock Band homes across America, just to picture folks singing "It's the first of May, first of May / Outdoor fuckin' starts today".

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: RealPlayer is Feb 5, 2008, 07:07 Kevlar

Hah! That's the only comment that really needs to be made on the topic. Just wanted to be sure it was said. Well done.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo