Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > id's Next Game
98. Re: Romero's contribution to Quake May 19, 2004, 11:29 Kevlar

Nice find, nin, haven't read that article in a long time.

Did anyone else notice who the author is? Never noticed that before...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Still More Game Movies
51. No subject May 13, 2004, 18:17 Kevlar

Not to get too off-topic but I totally agree, Capt. The whole idea of a coop FPRPG like STALKER in that kind of environment is, um, quite nice.

Hoping Svencoop for Half-Life makes it way to Source. They announced something about that team being the team to implement coop a while ago, correct?

News Comments > Morning Q&As
49. No subject May 13, 2004, 18:07 Kevlar

Personally, I'm disappointed that Doom 3 won't have coop for the PC, but that's what I was expecting to hear. I suppose it's just not easy to hear that the XBox will have it in addition, although I can see why (when apparently they made it a design choice from the beginning of the port). If you don't have to do any of the title's actual content, I guess you have more time to focus on things like adding coop, no?

Unfortunately, it just seems like Microsoft's decisions regarding the XBox have been a bit insulting for some FPS fans - between this XBox coop announcement and the blatant lie that was claiming HALO would be out on the PC in a reasonable length of time, which I couldn't stand. I don't blame people for not liking Todd's response, but I still like id for what they do - moment of stupidity in his response or not.

Here's hoping for a good coop mod right after release.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Internet street fight? May 13, 2004, 11:40 Kevlar

Wow, wish I had that at school back in the day!

"u... 3pm in teh playground... be there punk".. [send]

News Comments > F.E.A.R.
37. First-person combat? May 12, 2004, 09:42 Kevlar

I give them credit for trying something different - this is certainly a bit more useful information than expecting us to get hyped up from that first screenshot.

Sadly enough, I would have been just as happy (if not happier) with another NOLF or Blood sequel, though.

News Comments > Guild Wars E3 Demo Launches
37. Savvy Marketing / Good company? May 11, 2004, 10:25 Kevlar

I completely applaud ArenaNet for this move. While it's certainly a hype-building marketing ploy to give us the E3 demo and only let us play it for a few days, E3 demos are typically so carefully crafted/scripted that this is also a big risk on their part to let us bang around in it. In other words, this is not some screenshot with a cheesy tagline to get us talking - these developers are putting what they've got out there with no guarantee of how it will be received.

It speaks to a respect of the gaming community to let us make up our own minds about their product instead of having to listen to 45 drunk reports from the show floor about the bloom effect.

Whether this current build impresses or not, I'm still going to like them for this move and for simply having a hand in the Diablo series. (Yup, biased.)

News Comments > Monolith Screenshot
15. No subject May 7, 2004, 21:08 Kevlar

The Matrix meets the Ring meets the cover art from Kill Bill Volume 1 meets an effects coder who just learned how to do sparks.

Fixed.

I really would love to see a Blood remake as well, but I'll be satisfied at this point if they even keep the NOLF development team employed to work on it in some fashion.

News Comments > TRIBES & TRIBES II Free
86. No subject May 5, 2004, 11:51 Kevlar

Hey all, long-time reader, seldom poster, all that. I just wanted to comment on the beta/meta tests from Tribes 2...

Part of the problem with the testing for T2 was the nature of the tests itself. They went from large-scale stress testing down to 50 members as the game neared gold status, and I remember as I moved into the meta testing stage that all of the serious bugs disappeared with the meta patches.

Looking back on it now and the problems with the retail launch, it's fairly obvious that they simply removed the ability for us to reproduce those high-load bugs (by reducing the testing base) instead of really fixing them all. Whether that was the producer leaning on them to push the game out or what I can't say.

It was too bad... The game really kicked ass with all the community features working and nothing but |5150|, [TKB], the scripters and the dev team in all of the games. Looking forward to trying it out again with a small crowd and the patches already applied to it.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo