Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Tickle ads Sep 16, 2004, 09:22 Kevlar

I just saw one ad now, Blue... But no boobages in this personal. Not yet being at work, I'm of course disappointed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. 1081.6 Sep 13, 2004, 08:50 Kevlar

You know, I used to suck at the Yeti Sports games - figures that it takes mines and decapitated heads to get me to start getting good scores.

7. Re: NFL Sep 12, 2004, 12:50 Kevlar

This is gonna be a great season.

Being a New Englander, I've always loved the Pats... But now that they've been playing so well gives me much more reason to be hanging off the edge of my chair at 1 in the morning watching the last minutes of the game.

Here's to the NFL, the parity and drama that comes with it, and especially the cries of "we were the better team" out of however few/many teams we beat this year.

Go Pats!

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance SP Demo
8. Re: clue me in Sep 10, 2004, 13:38 Kevlar

Zag, supposedly it's more than that but I can't say for this particular demo (arriving via donkey - I mean dialup). I would imagine there's some story involved.

News Comments > Action Unreal Tournament
6. Re: SWEEEET! Sep 10, 2004, 09:26 Kevlar

God, the memories from AQ2. What a mod.

Anyone tried this yet? Is it anything like the insane fun of the original?

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Demo Tomorrow
6. Re: good news! Sep 9, 2004, 20:06 Kevlar

Exclusive demos that no one can get to (even from the "exclusive" host itself) are the best, aren't they?

News Comments > Carmack on Retirement
27. Re: Get out on top Sep 9, 2004, 20:05 Kevlar

Whether you like id's games or not, I can't see any people beyond Carmack that have singularly pushed the technology industry to such extents. I hope he sticks around for longer to keep pushing Sweeney, Valve and others to keep up with (or surpass) him.

News Comments > Gold - Full Spectrum Warrior
8. Re: Sep 9, 2004, 20:02 Kevlar

I'm looking forward to this one.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: STALKER Sep 8, 2004, 08:42 Kevlar

At least we know now that they canceled co-op to increase their time budgeting for Useless Interview #73.

Things I expect to read on clicking the link...

Q: "OMG, I love you guys! Will the main character (stalker) be able to build a fire? Can he burn things in the fire? Can he hump the fire?!!!1one"

A: "Yes, we have implemented the ability for stalker to burn tiny sticks found in the zone. If you collect enough sticks, I suppose you can build bigger fire. We will delay again to add this. As for humping fire, I think that is silly, like coop. :-)"

1. Blue-eyed booze gene? Sep 8, 2004, 08:21 Kevlar

If you find yourself indignantly saying "Gonna discount me from the 'study', eh, cuz I'm brown-eyed? Hah, I'll drink your study subjects under the table!" before reading the link and while already thinking of beer... You may have a problem.

Is no one awake this morning?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Status
44. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2004, 19:20 Kevlar

Zathrus is dead-on as usual. Knowing Valve's previous online efforts (yes Hump, I also remember PowerPlay) there's no way in hell I'm personally ordering HL2 through Steam. I mean, it's human nature to want to physically obtain - while some will go for the online distro thing, I don't see it getting big just yet.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Silent Hill 4
4. Re: HAHAH Sep 7, 2004, 18:44 Kevlar

Since SH2 I've been playing the PC ports only, which get delayed about the same as Xbox... One of the few console ports I'm not afraid to say I've enjoyed.

Fatal Frame is pretty interesting... The lack of a 'gun' sort of puts a spin on things.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Silent Hill 4
1. Woohoo! Sep 7, 2004, 17:29 Kevlar

Bring on the nightmares!

News Comments > The Mod Squads
3. Mmm, DC. Sep 6, 2004, 10:36 Kevlar

I'm glad these guys have been picked up by DICE. More carnage on huge city maps is a nice swansong for the current mod.

News Comments > MoH: Pacific Assault Demo
9. Only 500 megs? Sep 3, 2004, 14:23 Kevlar

W00t! I'll tell you what I think of it next week when my modem finally gives in and finishes it.

News Comments > Unseelie Announced
2. Re: argh.. Sep 2, 2004, 09:32 Kevlar

The... Unseelie? Dear god.

News Comments > Deus Ex and Thief Plans
45. Misguided choice. Aug 28, 2004, 09:01 Kevlar

In my opinion, whether Thief gets a slight boost from being a bit more modern, it's not being modernized for the right reasons. I mean, this guy is a representative in our industry and he gets away with publicly saying this shit?

"Deus Ex: Invisible War was a good game with solid reviews, but not enough people bought it. We'll fix that in the future."

Anyone else imagine him just cackling and rubbing his hands together after saying this? Good game? Solid reviews? Hell, I know people need to make money on games but "consumer focus" is what made DXIW suck in the first place - the entire vibe of that quote just screams "do anything to sell more" at the expense of making a good, fun game by doing more feature-stripping.

19. TF 8 years old? Aug 28, 2004, 08:51 Kevlar

Man, I still remember playing on the Clan Braveheart servers back in the day and getting wasted by their crack snipers.. QWTF was one of the most fun games I've ever played online.

Here's a shoutout to all the old [RH] and [BH], if any are even still alive.

News Comments > TRIBES: Vengeance Open Beta Soon?
74. Re: Balance > T2 Aug 19, 2004, 08:37 Kevlar

Agreed on T2 - somehow, T1 just had more fun in it, it seemed. The T2 beta/meta was cool though back when the community features worked.

In other news, a beta of Vengeance makes me happy in the pants.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2004, 07:49 Kevlar

Uwe Boll needs to be shot and left for dead after buying up so many videogame properties and turning them all to shit movie concepts.

Granted, BloodRayne is a shit concept to begin with (Look, nazis and, er, vampires! That's a fresh angle!) but he just needs to be stopped completely before ruining the potential for good game-to-movie transitions in the future.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo