Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Q&As
7. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2005, 06:55 Kevlar

I finally see why his tone was such in the last quote: Because when the film was released he was seeing Reid's acting for the first time, as evidenced by the following passage...

"1UP: When you prepared to start shooting and thinking about the story and casting, are you playing the game?

Yeah, absolutely. It's part of the preparation, it's reading those character books...we're shooting again, can you wait one second? [Arrows firing in background, swords clashing, lots of loud noises...Boll yells "CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT."] So, I'm back. Yeah, for the preparation, talking with the game company talking with the creators is very important."

Comedy gold. Maybe he's really a good director and he just doesn't pay attention during the entire shoot. "Boll, get away from the food table! It's not lunch yet!"

(From the buffet)..."CUUUUUUT!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Q&As
5. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2005, 06:31 Kevlar

"I think the only weak part in Alone in the Dark is maybe Tara Reid's acting."

You'd think as the director that you would have some control/responsibility over that.

I, meanwhile, think the only weak part of Uwe Boll is his existence in filmmaking.

News Comments > Savage 2 Announced
22. Re: Never played the original Aug 31, 2005, 13:11 Kevlar

Fantaz, I only hope this thread reaches the hundreds. I always loved the idea of Savage but could never get enough people together to actually play it!

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: STALKER Aug 21, 2005, 16:36 Kevlar

You're right. Development has stopped only because they spend so much time on those damn interviews.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Details
3. Re: No subject Aug 12, 2005, 10:17 Kevlar

Batman, this is a title separate from Quake 4. It's a multiplayer, Battlefield-esque offering from Splash Damage as opposed to Raven.

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Date & MP Follow-ups
17. Re: Amusing DM comments Aug 10, 2005, 06:42 Kevlar

I imagine not having DM sucks for the fans of that mode, and I'm a little surprised as well, but here's my stance:

If for whatever reason they only have time to build coop *or* DM, and coop is obviously in the game, good choice. Coop support that has to be hacked/modded into a title afterwards, while I really appreciate the efforts of the modders who do it, is always filled with its share of problems and almost never works correctly. I imagine DM will be much easier to add in a patch or mod later.

Besides, aren't we the same crew generally bitching about the lack of coop support? At least we got that.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Google's crazy growth. Aug 3, 2005, 13:16 Kevlar

I'm really intrigued by this darknet development. I didn't realize Freenet was being used so heavily in Asia to distribute censored information.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
48. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2005, 11:13 Kevlar

I refused to buy this after the Trauma debacle (despite loving BF1942) and my respect for EA continues to dip after each stupid decision. This expansion pack/patch business just makes me shake my head.

First, were these expansion pack features not planned for use in the original game? Did EA run out of time or did management just decide to try and maximize profit by splitting Battlefield 2 into two parts? The expansion pack and the simple design blunders of the main game seems like a pained attempt to generate a larger community around a title that didn't need its formula changed to begin with.

Not *every* game needs to have RPG character development, especially when that development short-sightedly gives rewards to the uber players or people logged on all the time, thereby making them better, widening the skill gap and worsening the experience for the casual gamer. No intro should have a bullet-time slowdown effect when the server menu doesn't even work with a scroll wheel. Not every game should have some fancy video-background menu when it's not optimized (and makes menu loading, for the first time in history, a spectator event) and the UI has drastically worsened as a result of the lack of attention it's gotten (see "Controls Screen"). How much better are the graphics, really, for this huge dip in performance? How better is this amalgam of new features when considering the steps backward in basic UI design, or straightforward fun or ability to just get into a game and play?

EA seems to have forgotten that they're in the business of making games and that it's that act of making games that drives the business, not the other way around. Make *good* games and the rest will follow. Focus less on forcing us to watch your logo for every title we load and more on actually supporting your fans by creating a clean interface and a speedy and stable product. Battlefield 2 does a lot right - hell, it reminds me of QWTF a little at times - but the things it does wrong boggle the mind at their simplicity.

Call me a troll (troll!) but 2005's games have nothing on 1995's in this respect. Such bonehead omissions make it feel like a huge step backward and that's not even considering the corporate milking going on throughout.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Tour of Duty Announced
15. Re: 21CW? Jul 22, 2005, 06:29 Kevlar

Good show Overon. Third party or not, a press release asking us to pay for something that is "...replete with cool features" hurts my brain. And my sense of decency.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Black&White 2 has gone Alpha! Jun 16, 2005, 20:22 Kevlar

Creston, on the topic of Max Payne did you read the Alan Wake Q&A from a few days ago? They had a picture up of Sam Lake from Remedy with that same stupid grin he had in the game. I'm laughing now remembering it.

News Comments > Competitions
30. Re: Hydras Jun 6, 2005, 16:41 Kevlar

I'm a level 14 Warrior/Monk in the game. You guys are thinking of the area called Dragon's Gullet, which is accessible through the Flame Temple Corridor.

If the name doesn't give it away, imagine Hydra after Hydra as far as the eye can see. I got destroyed as a juiced level 11 character trying to explore in there with a full hench party.

News Comments > Masters of Doom Lawsuit
19. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 15:59 Kevlar

I've heard of the Gamecocks.

It's just even *more* stupid as a gaming company name.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Movie
45. Re: Some features.... Jun 2, 2005, 08:42 Kevlar

Jedi makes a good point. The only connection I can get where I live is dial-up off old phone lines, so it's disappointing to hear they've apparently cut bots. I don't have time to go to LANs anymore so that's out too. And I doubt a 64-player match is going to run so well on 28.8.

News Comments > Gears of War PC Follow-up
13. Re: Schwag May 26, 2005, 15:02 Kevlar

Not to sound too much like a troll (too late) but this pisses me off.

Releasing the PC version over a year after the console version is just as bad as blatantly shutting the door on multiplatform.

My money was on Microsoft having done this delayed release song and dance intentionally with HALO to jumpstart XBOX sales. Looks like it's gonna be the same thing with 360, and GoW fits into their exclusivity scheme.

No supreme ill will - I'll play it - but what the hell, Epic.

Edit: And in advance flame avoidance, remember that HALO was a Mac/PC-first title. There was no excuse.
This comment was edited on May 26, 15:03.

News Comments > Gears of War PC Follow-up
2. Dear Mark May 26, 2005, 12:48 Kevlar

Make sure to hide that bag of exclusivity money before making another speculation.

News Comments > HL2 Aftermath Retail Plans
14. Re: What about the Lost Coast? May 23, 2005, 14:44 Kevlar

The lost toast? I guess we know what happened to it.

News Comments > Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood Announced
10. Re: No subject May 18, 2005, 17:13 Kevlar

Totally agreed. No matter how many things are done right in a shooter, your gun is one of the most important elements. If a game doesn't feel right in this area (poor collision detection, etc), has poor weapon feedback or seemingly random aim and actually punishes me for skill rather than rewarding it... I'm going to come down on it.

I can see I'm aiming straight at this guy, nobody's firing back at me and I still can't hit him even though I'm 20 feet away. Great realism.

Hell, they should have called me Sgt. Jackass and sent me around commanding my squad without a gun considering its ineffectiveness. I mean, I liked the game but I might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't cursing the devs for artificially hindering me every time I pulled the trigger.

News Comments > Brothers in Arms Follow-up Title
16. Re: to be honest.... May 18, 2005, 11:06 Kevlar

Maybe the sequel will actually allow us to goddamn shoot someone when we've got them lined up in the iron sights.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: Quake Wars Announced
15. Re: No subject May 16, 2005, 15:18 Kevlar

Oh yes.

Edit 1: I'm also a little confused about the vehicle and soldier style...
This comment was edited on May 16, 15:22.

News Comments > DOFUS Coming
8. Re: No subject May 16, 2005, 15:12 Kevlar

*snickers*

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo