Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: Gold Farming? Dec 30, 2005, 07:13 Kevlar

Just like item farming, gold farming is the process of going into high-level areas and repeatedly killing the same monsters to get the best items and/or most gold, then selling it for actual cash. Wiki's got a better description than me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_farming

Gold farming is more WoW, which I don't play, but item farming is everywhere, even Guild Wars... Which I do play. Personally, I'm not a fan of the concept. It tends to upset game economies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wednesday Q&As
37. Re: No subject Dec 29, 2005, 07:07 Kevlar

Well, if you look at Crytek's new engine revision (there was a small video from E3 capturing it) they seem to be developing another Far Cry, at least judging by the engine enhancements. In fact, they used Far Cry to show off the new stuff.

The really interesting one: Your character colliding with all - all - vegetation. As a character creeped through the bush to snipe someone on a beach, you could see his model pushing the ferns out of his way in 3rd person.

News Comments > More In-Game Advertising
3. Re: Adverts in-game Dec 19, 2005, 10:59 Kevlar

1) Happy birthday!

2) You're right. It will never bring down the price of games. So long as people willingly accept the same price of titles with in-game ads they'll push the envelope as far as they can with it. I personally will begin pushing back if the ads ever so much as interrupt the gameplay experience. (Need For Speed: Most Wanted's Burger King billboard ads that fly by as I do 220 in a Porsche don't make me worry so much.)

News Comments > Game Movie Mania
1. Aspirations for a good film Dec 9, 2005, 08:45 Kevlar

I have high hopes that Silent Hill will actually make a worthy game-to-film conversion. It's too bad they didn't do a straight plot/character copy of Silent Hill 2 for those that have played the game, but I can see how that wouldn't exactly be a comfortable experience for an audience...

News Comments > On Human Head & RUNE 2
47. Re: Why not STEAM it? Dec 8, 2005, 18:21 Kevlar

I think we're now at "the river", which is the step everyone seems to forget in Hold 'em.

I heartily (and tongue-in-cheek...ily) raise one 'Crusader: No Return'.

News Comments > Need for Speed: Most Wanted Demo
27. Re: RIP? NFS Nov 11, 2005, 10:14 Kevlar

I just want the physics/feel of Porsche Unleashed and more cop-chasing options than Hot Pursuit. Dog HP all you want, but no NFS games has since let you play *as* the cops in single or multiplayer. Those were some fun times on LAN with 3 or 4 guys as racers and with 1 as the cop trying to knock them all out... or driving the wrong way on the looped tracks and trying to catch them all head-on.

Did I mention it was realistic?

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: Frag Dolls Nov 6, 2005, 11:33 Kevlar

I've dated women that somewhat resemble most of the FragDolls... But not the corporate-sponsored beaut in the middle.

Redheads FTW!

News Comments > Blizzard Beta Sign-ups
14. Re: No subject Oct 28, 2005, 12:31 Kevlar

I've been spending too much time 'outside'.

Bring me Diablo 3.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
3. Re: going postal Oct 26, 2005, 14:43 Kevlar

The only real question left is this: Will the Postal movie be worse than Manos: Hands of Fate?

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: I feel bad... Oct 25, 2005, 10:20 Kevlar

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Event Horizon. Not necessarily a great film, but that was kinda-sorta what I was hoping the Doom movie would be (at least in terms of its visual representation).

News Comments > PC Dynasty Warriors 4 This Year
6. Re: Diablo 3 Oct 21, 2005, 06:52 Kevlar

"I've dispatched an enemy officer!"

News Comments > Big Jack Attack
53. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2005, 18:49 Kevlar

Captain, it's now greytop@comcast.net according to his domain registration. It was previously jackpeace@comcast.net when I was in the business of sending him a series of ludicrous, half-drunk dissertations but I think we've crushed that account.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Errrmmmm hello? Oct 20, 2005, 18:37 Kevlar

Creston, there was actually another poorly-coded setup program back in the day that was just as bad as Myth 2: Sierra Goddamn Utilities. I think I was one of the unlucky few to have provoked it.

I am usually doing lots of things at once, with lots of hard drive thrashing, so I didn't notice it was screwed until half my hard drive was gone. Sometimes I don't know why I even bother using uninstallers.

News Comments > They Hunger: Lost Souls
6. Re: Brainsssss Oct 19, 2005, 12:14 Kevlar

And congrats to Neil Manke for finally getting a shot at a commercial product. I still have fond memories of his earlier projects and can't believe how long ago HL1 was; I think he's been around longer than some of us, even.

News Comments > NFL Head Coach Announced
5. Re: No subject Oct 17, 2005, 12:10 Kevlar

I'd personally like to see them do weekly roster updates so I can play as Mike Tice through the various stages of unemployment, homelessness and ticket-scalping (coming full circle, as in any good story).

For a more serious comment, now that they have a pre-bought market dominance it looks like they're stripping all the "extra" features of Madden out into their own full titles. I hesitate in saying full-fledged, but full price-tagged is probably accurate.

News Comments > Spielberg Does Games
14. Re: Bleh Oct 14, 2005, 12:36 Kevlar

It's too bad he didn't team up with Quantic Dream. They seem like a good fit.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: HD Issue Oct 8, 2005, 11:41 Kevlar

[troll]

Only Microsoft can make a console purchase as complicated as buying a car.

Allard: "Wait! We haven't talked about options!"

[/troll]

News Comments > Return of The Romero
35. Re: Carwreck Sep 21, 2005, 14:50 Kevlar

Cheese: Periods are your friend! You wouldn't want to disappoint your friend, now, would you? Please. Use. Some. More. Of. Them.

News Comments > Sunday Consolation
23. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2005, 06:43 Kevlar

Also known as the ultimate weapon in helping people to make fools of themselves...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. AIM Horror Movie? Sep 1, 2005, 12:00 Kevlar

Dear lord.

"im coming to get u, clarice... :-P"

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo