Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Q&As
9. Re: quakewars May 4, 2006, 06:27 Kevlar

In other news, Tacticular Cancer? Have we officially run out of gaming-related domain names?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Nintendo: Why Ask Wii?
55. Re: Rest in Pieces Nintendo Apr 27, 2006, 19:56 Kevlar

Ok, I'm *amazed* no one's pointed out that this "we" + he/she/it verb instantly reminds me of Gollum from LOTR.

Every press release I read, in fact, will now consist of Gollum reading it. "Wii takes the console market and wii smashes it and wii makes it into a stew? What's taters, precious?"

News Comments > Guild Wars Expansion Plans
11. Re: Cost Apr 19, 2006, 09:34 Kevlar

You've got a second vote from me; I don't think I've ever seen a company that better supports their product than ANet.

Edit: And yet somehow separates gouging the customer from turning a profit.
This comment was edited on Apr 19, 09:35.

News Comments > NVIDIA Gets Physical
3. Re: Cool Mar 20, 2006, 09:57 Kevlar

There goes PhysX. That's a shame.

News Comments > EA Downloader Issues
1. Aren't they so gracious... Mar 16, 2006, 14:27 Kevlar

These are some wonderful quotes coming out of EA on a daily basis, now.

'Speaking of negative feedback, we are aware that a small number of people are experiencing issues with the EA downloader. With that, and because we value your loyalty, we are investigating every customer service ticket we get.'

No, no, according to your statements yesterday you're investigating the customer service tickets because it directly relates to how much product you can push. If this was a patch for a game that's been out for a few months and no longer correlates with profit there would be no 'resources' available to work on it. Loyalty has nothing to do with it - isn't that right?

News Comments > NFS: Most Wanted Support Crashes
17. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 06:50 Kevlar

Thank you, Sloth. I was hoping someone would point out EA's pathetic logic. I don't even play MW and this annoys me.

I suppose they believe they should be defined more succinctly by their intent than their actions? Ok, let's do that.

I for one remember their actions - what they've done to the Battlefield series. Their abuse of Trauma Studios. Their poor behavior with the NFL and the fact that they openly admit they're no longer about making *good* games.

Origin Systems.

In short, EA, it was never a question of whether you put out the occasionally interesting brute-forced franchise title that you likely bought from someone else, the issues are a matter of conscience and interest. Both of which are not sufficient.

The positive, however, is that all the information collected on this issue won't be tossed aside and will be used for any future purchases.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
43. Re: QTest Mar 1, 2006, 08:48 Kevlar

Jebus, I feel old today...

News Comments > BF2 Maps Bugged
24. Re: No problems at all Feb 17, 2006, 09:09 Kevlar

I really wish they didn't run this franchise into the turf relative to the ease, playability and overall polish/performance of BF1942. Then again, after what they pulled with Trauma Studios...

News Comments > Counter-Strike Ad Settlement
2. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 18:09 Kevlar

Huge sack of money? What huge sack of money?

News Comments > Boll Slams Games Industry (Really!)
71. Re: No subject Feb 16, 2006, 09:42 Kevlar

If you don't already comprehend why parents allowing their children to play mature-rated video games (which by definition are not age appropriate for children) doesn't reflect well upon them as parents, then no amount of further explanation from me or anyone else will make you understand it.

Oh, Riley, you dazzle us all with your lustrous brilliance and simple, repetitious tactic of dismissal. Some facts from those of us who were actually there:

Alone in the Dark was released in 1992.
Ref: http://www.mobygames.com/game/alone-in-the-dark/release-info

The ESRB was not fully developed in 1992, and thus confusing rating systems were in competition until the ESRB become the de facto standard. Most sources cite 1994 as the beginning of the ESRB.
Ref: http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/july03/25smartest/index15.shtml
http://www.gamepro.com/playsmart/about.shtml

And as far as I remember, AitD didn't even have a rating on the box. That was not uncommon for the time.
Ref: http://www.adventureclassicgaming.com/index.php/gallery/image_med/158/

Ergo, were your general trolling comments about someone's failed upbringing by playing violent games valid on the logical grounds of the content of the game [which requires two assumptions - that no children can handle mature content which is in itself an entire debate and that failure in parenting can be attributed to one single act of allowing that mature content, which is flawed logic], they would still be 'moot' as you so eloquently like to say on the grounds that a comprehensive rating system didn't exist at the time - thus providing parents with no easy way to evaluate game content prior to purchase.

I look forward to hearing your typical, dismissive retort.

News Comments > Dear Diaries - Halo 2 PC
41. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2006, 07:08 Kevlar

Arrogant blog post? I thought it was spot-on accurate.

"...Microsoft will take full advantage of our game."

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: WTF? Feb 9, 2006, 22:59 Kevlar

'In Jesus Christ, Jack Thompson'

Oh, Jack Thompson is inside Jesus Christ, all right... whoops. Back to the beer.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: No subject Feb 8, 2006, 11:40 Kevlar

Blue, if you have the mind to I would suggest you hold on to all those junk faxes. http://www.junkfax.org/ has a lot of information regarding class action suits and ways to make the junk faxers pay. I'm personally fed up as I receive about 5 of these during the work day and come in to about 2 more every morning.

Waste of paper... Junx faxes, too.

News Comments > Cuts at EA
22. EA's New Motto Feb 2, 2006, 10:10 Kevlar

"Fire Everything."

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Talkers
13. Re: No subject Jan 30, 2006, 15:07 Kevlar

They still yanked the co-op. Bastards.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Sony Computer grants movie rights Jan 25, 2006, 15:01 Kevlar

Yes. I think Silent Hill's going to be the first game-to-movie that, shockingly, has more ups than downs.

Ignore the stupid poster:
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

News Comments > 3D Mark 06 Demo
32. Re: Mirrors Jan 19, 2006, 06:47 Kevlar

4455 3DMarks.

That test hurt.

News Comments > Guild Wars: Factions Announced
22. Re: GW:F FFA Jan 10, 2006, 14:42 Kevlar

Oh. Yes.

Looking forward to this.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Voodoo Doll Jan 10, 2006, 06:17 Kevlar

Wow, that's sad. I just woke up, looked at the Stories of the day, saw the Voodoo Doll byline and thought "Wow - where are these idiots from?" only to click it and find out it's MY hometown...

Maybe I should get my news from TV first.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings RPG?
15. Re: No subject Jan 10, 2006, 06:14 Kevlar

Creston: Trolls FTW.

All I can remember is amassing an army of nothing but trolls - mostly the upgraded melee ones. They would roll over any enemy, any map. Takes maybe two waves at best; same as the upgraded Crusader tanks in Warhammer.

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo