Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kev

Real Name Kev   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kevlar
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Bring back the Skaarj ripping open the top logo, Blue!
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 5, 2004, 15:34
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20821

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > The Late Show
3. Re: No subject Jan 18, 2007, 07:13 Kevlar

Soo many expansions on this RPG, come out with another title I say,,

This is the first expansion, you spamming piece of human filth. I realize full sentences with proper grammar are likely beyond your manifold capabilities, but can't we at least make our half-assed ravings applicable to the topic at hand? Or would that take too much focus away from your fantastic imagination, that seems to believe we're all visiting your godawful website right now on account of such a heady post?

PS. Fall in a well and die.

This comment was edited on Jan 18, 07:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rainbow Six Vegas Patch
6. Re: No subject Jan 16, 2007, 14:53 Kevlar

I've been very pleased with this sequel. Not *perfect*, but damn good, and something I actually enjoy playing online. Hopefully some mod tools will come along at some point...

News Comments > Subscription Hellgate: London
21. Re: Never Jan 10, 2007, 06:39 Kevlar

Let me tack on to this: This game sounded absolutely great. Until now.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Ads Q&A
13. Re: Dagok - Post #3 Dec 10, 2006, 08:19 Kevlar

And another point to tack on to this is that the only potential of IGA is to detract from the game experience. That's not to say it's going to make a game suck, guaranteed, but we can say with certainty it's never going to make a game better. Its only potential is to be barely noticeable, or so noticeable it's a distraction and an annoyance.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Ads Q&A
6. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2006, 07:59 Kevlar

(This comment made with the full prediction that IGA will hit CS:S within a year)

I like how Lombardi's trying to compare the benefits of revenue from IGA to bringing the product retail. It's even better that there's the indirect suggestion that IGA will bring in more players to the community. News flash: It will drive some away, and the best they can hope for is a wash due to those with old rigs not being able to play anything else.

I mean, I really shouldn't care since, you know, I stopped playing Counter-Strike around the paleolithic era, but how does retail revenue and IGA revenue compare? And why do journalists (in general, this interview appears to be via email) allow such comments to get away without attacking them? Retail revenue can be easily attributed to the success of a title and has always been an obvious indicator of product success. How do game companies track IGA revenue in comparison to their retail sales? If they do track it by title, do they then factor it into their business decisions, such as deciding whether or not a sequel is a good idea? Does Valve have a comprehensive strategy for allocating percentages of IGA revenue to things like map design, new features and continuing support for the title? Does it reduce the price point of the next title? Or is it just extra play money with the fanciful notion that it's beneficial in some way? With the general concern over IGA and the lax announcements regarding its implementation, in my eyes the perception is that companies are not doing anything useful with the funds - it's just another way to milk a product after it's already been paid for.

My only conclusion from the article is that Valve is implementing it into CS 1.6 to both support running the master server for the older version and also to drive the players from that version to CS:Source, so that they can save costs in that way. However, I also think that Valve should allow for some precision in their explanation when people are suddenly looking at ads in their games, and may well be looking at ads in their newer titles - right around the time they've forgotten about this announcement, in fact.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Movie, Date
13. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2006, 07:37 Kevlar

They also pulled co-op, and recent interviews have seemed like they're sneakily pulling away from some of that open-ended gameplay... I honestly have not bothered to keep up with it, though.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: Games take on books. Dec 1, 2006, 06:51 Kevlar

Dude. Joke.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
10. Re: No subject Nov 30, 2006, 07:08 Kevlar

Well, I might actually agree that it's a good thing Valve not see any of 3DR's sales numbers.

The laughter that would rise up like a wall from the western United States would render the industry useless.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
10. Re: Nov 27, 2006, 17:56 Kevlar

MMOTC (Massively Multiplayer Online Turkey Carving) is an awesome idea - you're right. Imagine if everyone collectively collaborated to control one main character's hand, and that's how the game played! You'd have the White Meat camp, the Dark Meat camp, and the forums would be abuzz with flames, screaming and general racial tension while the push from both sides left the graphical representation (the character) standing with a twitching hand. Finally, four hours into the grand MMOTC social experiment, a unified horde of cretins simultaneously makes their move. Through their combined efforts, the character slowly and deliberately stabs himself in the face. The MMOTC is down! The dream is done! The Cubs win the pennant!

Whoah. Back to the beer.

News Comments > Postal Bundle
9. Ergo... Nov 13, 2006, 16:12 Kevlar

So are the people that buy this bundle Fudge Packers? Is that what Running With Scissors is saying?

News Comments > Quake Maps Source
7. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2006, 06:49 Kevlar

What was best about DM1 to me in an early version of Quake was when a map change would cause you to still keep your items from the previous map... I forget how that worked, but nonetheless... We'd go from completing DM6 in a few minutes to needing about 30 to hit the DM1 fraglimit, since the guys with the rocket launcher would almost invariably jump into the lava... Picture an entire server swimming through lava trying to bring out the one backpack with the rockets! Now that's dedication.

News Comments > Medieval II: Total War Demo
11. Re: PixelRage Oct 10, 2006, 13:56 Kevlar

I've been pretty impressed with FileFront as well. Using them for pretty much all of my downloading of late.

News Comments > Help Wanted
2. Re: No subject Aug 10, 2006, 19:11 Kevlar

Help Wanted?

I thought this said Career Resurrections Desired for a second, there.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: 55 greatest moments Aug 1, 2006, 06:39 Kevlar

Not one, but *two* WW2 D-Day beach levels are in the 55 greatest moments. Also, quite a few of the top 20 are new or very new games. Oddly, nothing from Half-Life which is the usual top 3 staple of the typical 'best ever' gaming articles.

Still, poor choices.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Movie
157. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2006, 06:41 Kevlar

I had noticed that when the video went up... Nice touch on Walker/Cook's part.

Let's see if the classical music intro stays, though!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Movie
156. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2006, 06:40 Kevlar

First ever double post. That sucks.
This comment was edited on Jul 21, 06:42.

News Comments > Guild Wars: Nightfall Details, PvP Event
17. Re: New professions Jul 19, 2006, 06:37 Kevlar

I agree that the PvE aspect of the game could use more attention, as I tend to enjoy that more than PvP, but unfortunately for us PvE fans GW has picked up a large competitive gaming following in Korea and Europe. In fact, Korea and Europe routinely dominate the Hall at most hours of the day. Feels to me like ANet is aiming this expansion squarely at that crowd, just like Factions was a nod to their largest player base's home territory.

Hell, I'll still probably play it.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
7. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2006, 09:30 Kevlar

And here's to the Pirate Party in Sweden getting some nice publicity, and perhaps some extra votes, out of the past week's situation.

News Comments > Gold - Half-Life 2: Episode One
1. Allow me to be the first to say... May 24, 2006, 15:50 Kevlar

Meh.

I expect the thread to get a lot more controversial than 'meh', on that topic.

This comment was edited on May 24, 15:50.

News Comments > Warcraft Movie Plans
25. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 12:54 Kevlar

Warcraft Adventures: Coming Soon!

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo