Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for 3-3-3

Real Name 3-3-3   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sleep
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 1, 2004, 00:38
Total Comments 105 (Novice)
User ID 20788

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall in March; $250 CE Preorders
6. Re: Titanfall in March; $250 CE Preorders Oct 22, 2013, 16:48 Sleep

Amazing news!You have another five months to wait!

So a better reveal would have waited until March.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
19. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 19:16 Sleep

Clearly just a sad sack ill judged attempt to stifle the poor review TB was giving them. Game looks shit anyway.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video
51. Re: Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video Oct 21, 2013, 04:39 Sleep

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 17:06:
Sleep wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 16:07:
Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 15:49:
This game seems to have attracted some real die hard fanboy posters I've never seen around these parts before.

But we've all seen the haters lots.

In the business known as video games, the haters are proven correct more than the lovers. That's because the degree of difficulty to produce a game let alone wrong teams of people running game companies. So it's easy pickings really. My bet is the negative nilly's still want this to be a great game. It's just that they've probably seen this play out more to failure than success.

I think its ignoramce as well. As though 25 million makes a great game automatically. Development wise, even excluding a publisher and reduced marketing costs, its a pittance. I think the original wing commander cost about that.

But the haters will always have something to moan about, there will always be some aspect they can point to and say 'see!' But i always think back to the 'boycott cod steam group' image which showed 90% of them playing cod on the day of release. Talk is cheap, money is a better gauge of commitment, and this game has alot of commitment.

42. Re: Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video Oct 20, 2013, 16:18 Sleep

Ryan Lange wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 16:12:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 11:05:
And I'm sorry, but the "average pledge" doesn't mean anything in this case... It would be just as easy for them to do 10,000 fake $100 pledges in their system versus 10 $100,000 pledges or 1 $1,000,000 pledge. Kickstarter acts as an unbiased third-party that helps investigate such fraud, but when they're running their own website and handling all the money directly, they can easily make shit up.

But to what end? What's the point?

apparently its a ponzi that isnt a ponzi because investors arent getting a dividend paid from new investors but a notional return of a spaceship they can play... Money laundering? OMG CHRIS ROBERTS IS LAUNDERING DRUG MONEY, think of the children you bastard!

40. Re: Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video Oct 20, 2013, 16:07 Sleep

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 20, 2013, 15:49:
This game seems to have attracted some real die hard fanboy posters I've never seen around these parts before.

But we've all seen the haters lots.

26. Re: Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video Oct 20, 2013, 08:23 Sleep

NKD wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 20:37:
Graham wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 20:23:

They hit $20-million long ago, why keep pouring fake funding in?

Long ago? You mean just over 2 weeks ago?

Sorry, but crowdfunded stuff like this follows a particular funding pattern. You don't rake in a consistent million bucks a week just off random Internet donations months after your campaign begins.

Stats or you just making shit up? Internet analysis is hilarious. And conspiracy theorists are the icing on the nutcake.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2013, 08:28.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
25. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:36 Sleep

Creston wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 13:41:
Up next: RTS gameplay, and at 25 million we make it into an RPG! Then, at 30 million, it'll become Angry Birds: Star Citizen!

They need to stop adding things to it. Few wing commander fans wanted FPS gameplay in this game, and just continuously adding features will only dilute the experience.

They took a vote on whether to stop adding things. Turns out 87% didnt agree with you.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
23. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 14:31 Sleep

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 14:13:
That Aurora looks sweet.

The thing about free traders I always wondered about though is this: When you play a military style space sim, it makes sense that your ship is tricked out with weaps and stuff since you're in the military. But for trading ships, that never made sense to me. It's not like people today outfit their DC9s or Learjets with 0.50 cal MGs and Stingers.

They might if they could be boarded and all their shit stolen.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
16. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 9, 2013, 04:35 Sleep

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 02:25:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 00:17:
Does anyone remember the anonymous employee that came out and lambasted this game for too much audio, not enough content.. the game would fail.. etc? Turns out.. he was RIGHT

pfft i posted that on the closed beta forums several times right after beta began. not a sniff. the only thing they were interested in was tweaking their wow clone in space, not making anything innovative.

If they had managed a WoW clone in space they would be popular, but this is no WoW. Its jailhouse MMO at its worst and the space combat is insulting. The voice acting got boring as hell after an hour, which considering that was the only thing that set it apart from a really average MMO, was as disastrous as they cintinuously denied it was. 200 million - 10 x star citzizens budget and this shit is what they made. So disappointing.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2013, 13:01 Sleep

Quboid wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 11:30:
Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2013, 11:24:
Wow, that was a rough day for football yesterday. Yikes!

Yeah, 4-1. I did not see that coming, even without RVP I thought Man Utd would put up a fight. Too early for Moyes' position to be under real threat but that's a blow for him.

As no Manc myself, i think the game would have been different with Van Persie and Rooney on from the get-go. Nevermind that though, how jammy were Spurs? And Di Canio getting his red card today - dont get me wrong I have little sympathy for self professed fascists, but 5 games? That sounds like an excuse. Cant say i blame them on reflection.

News Comments > DayZ's Real-Life Survival Inspiration
2. Re: DayZ's Real-Life Survival Inspiration Aug 28, 2013, 09:50 Sleep

More like trying to get people to remember its still there. So many similar games now in development I really think he might have missed the boat on mad sales, he'll probably still do good sales though.  

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
18. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 14:07 Sleep

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 13:11:
Beelzebud wrote on Aug 22, 2013, 12:40:
I've been tempted to buy Arma II a few times, just to try the mod, and then I remember that you play it with random people on the internet, and I lose interest.

So, you have no friends? My best times with the game were in a group of 3-6 buddies talking on Teamspeak or Mumble, roaming around and wreaking havoc. Most everyone plays that way, so if you go into it a loner, you're gonna get fucked.

Thats not true, the beautiful thing about the game is that you can quite happily lonewolf and mess up a larger groups day.

But anyway, i think theyre seriously missing their window to max sales, its all a steep downward curve after this point because of the release of some potentially great games. Ill still buy it but they dont want their core buyer to be the people who remembered the original fondly.

News Comments > Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR
14. Re: Matt Hooper Joins Oculus VR Aug 9, 2013, 03:16 Sleep

Graphics cards? theyll never take off, theyre expensive and who will pay extra money to make water look a bit more real? You mark my words, these things will never sell.

News Comments > World of Warplanes Open Beta
16. Re: World of Warplanes Open Beta Jul 2, 2013, 19:25 Sleep

War thunder for hardcore simmers? We must have been playing a different game. The only way to progress in early stages is using a mouse in third person and then its pretty much kill two, die once. The deflection shot is even calculated for you, not that you need to worry too much about doing anything other than spray and pray. When jet mig variants,, catalinas and your american biplane fly together, fair to say reality goes out the window and hardcore simmers out the door,

Fun for what it was, which wasnt alot.

News Comments > The War Z Name Change
4. Re: The War Z Name Change Jun 19, 2013, 18:16 Sleep

LOL Hang on, this zombie MMO looks very familiar....

http://playdeadz.com/

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support
14. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Support May 11, 2013, 05:11 Sleep

saluk wrote on May 11, 2013, 00:47:
Yeah the final release is supposed to be 1080p. I'm more concerned about what percentage of players are going to have insurmountable issue with motion sickness.

This is my main concern too. But i think a big problem is you can currently look left and right by moving your head OR moving your mouse. That makes me motion sick even with just trackir. As we get better systems of control like the Hydra and isolate view to just the head movement, im hoping this wont be a massive problem!

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
27. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 28, 2013, 13:13 Sleep

HorrorScope wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 12:58:
ItBurn wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 11:46:
I think that it's great that the public tries to play detective.

I think it is totally disillusional.

The problem is that it will happen and were just at that stage where nobody knows how to handle it, its a logical extension of the prevalence of social media. Oh and that isnt a real word.

23. Re: Reddit Apr 28, 2013, 11:43 Sleep

NKD wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 11:32:
Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 11:27:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 07:54:
I hope next time something happens, Cutter and NKD are falsely accused and their famalies receive death threats and everything that happened to those accused in this matter. It is NOT OK. And for you to think it is, is worse than the bombing itself.

Why? Wtf did I do? I said it was irresponsible to accuse people of crimes they may or may have not committed if you don't for certain. You think people should be blamed for crimes they didn't commit?

In his frothing childish rage, he misread your post.

Anyone wishing that on anyone is pretty pathetic tbh.

18. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 28, 2013, 04:41 Sleep

1. this is the internet and that is reddit, it will happen, deal with it. If reddit mods shut down any relevant conversation then it would happen elsewhere. the genie is well and truly out of the bottle on this one.

2. The real problem is the mainstream media broadcasting it. Until that point its just uninformed speculation. After that, its irresponsible speculation.

News Comments > Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill
14. Re: Virtuix Omni - VR Treadmill Apr 22, 2013, 12:56 Sleep

I quite fancy one actually - mixed with an oculus rift and it should be quite immersive. Not for everyone obviously, but if youve got the spare cash why not. Youre not going to be using it in online fps games unless you want to break bones / have a cardiac arrest, but until a holodeck comes along this'll do.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2013, 13:06.

105 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo