Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kastagir

Real Name Kastagir   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kastagir
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2004, 17:49
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 20761

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
28. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 8, 2011, 11:34 Kastagir

InBlack wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 10:09:
Whatever happened to expansion packs? I kind of preferred those to DLC....

These days, expansion-like content can be delivered just like DLC. It's far easier for the developer/publisher. All it takes is the will to devote the time and effort to a more substantial offering. It wouldn't be surprising if Bethesda were to do this.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 8, 2011, 01:19 Kastagir

Lord Tea wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 00:30:
Kastagir wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 23:32:
“The goal overall is not necessarily to put out more content, but to make the game better."

How it should be.

oh, really? Back in the days this was called (free) "update". So, no, how it should not be. Since DLCs are not free they should come with more content and, only if necessary, fix bugs. THAT's how it should be.

You think expansions should be free? What planet are you from?

News Comments > New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month
9. Re: New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month Nov 7, 2011, 23:36 Kastagir

Oh, look - an entire game based around the 'awesome button.' Oh, I guess they already did that.

<YAWN>

9. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial" Nov 7, 2011, 23:32 Kastagir

“The goal overall is not necessarily to put out more content, but to make the game better."

How it should be.

News Comments > On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio
22. Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Nov 4, 2011, 15:13 Kastagir

Dev wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 06:19:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 01:10:
I'm glad they have 70 voice actors now (but over 100 npc's so we are going to get some of that oblivion fealing again)
70 voice actors and 100 NPCs means that about half of them will have to do one alternate voice. Good voice actors can do this and its difficult to tell. So I doubt there will be much of that feeling at all.

100 NPCs actually sounds a little low for an ES game.

16. Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Nov 4, 2011, 00:06 Kastagir

Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 21:42:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 19:28:
but sure whatever, not like your interested in facts, just keep spewing the BS... just like your BS about Rage a game you've never even played?
Got a link on that, looks like Resurrection of Evil? Yes, I trust people who told me about the invisible walls everywhere. Are you denying all the invisible walls or is that just your BS?

but sure you know all about it LOL...
Yeah, I noticed you didn't mention anything specific I got wrong about Rage.

Don't quite understand the religious hate towards id, thier games are highly polished, free of draconian DRM, relatively bug free, have the best ambience, and are damn fun to play.
Well, guess it's a good thing no one here, has even touched on those.

Not sure what we're talking about here anymore - only thing I got out of this was that someone doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're." Stopped reading.

I just hope that with all the voice actors in Skyrim that they don't have people going in and out of crazy accents like the beggars in the Imperial City. That drove me nuts.

4. Re: On The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Audio Nov 3, 2011, 16:37 Kastagir

This game will (and verily should) make other developers feel shame for what they've done to the genre. I'm looking at you, Bioware.  

News Comments > Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders
7. Re: Skyrim Wallpaper; Soundtrack Preorders Nov 3, 2011, 13:24 Kastagir

I've never paid $30 for a soundtrack in my life, but I may just buy this one. Morrowind, Oblivion, and all the other games he's done have had the best music.  

News Comments > Play Skyrim Three Hours Early?
7. Re: Play Skyrim Three Hours Early? Nov 3, 2011, 00:39 Kastagir

West coast = "possible" love. East coast = no love. Sorry.

Edit: "possible"

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2011, 00:53.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 (MechWarrior Online?) in Summer 2012
20. Re: MechWarrior 5 (MechWarrior Online?) in Summer 2012 Nov 1, 2011, 00:49 Kastagir

Prez wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 19:59:
StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 19:51:
No singleplayer = not interested.

I feel like I am going to be writing that more and more as the years go by.

You and me both.

That's likely because you're more than 14 years old. Chronologically or emotionally, take your pick.

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
27. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 14:23 Kastagir

Morgan19 wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 10:55:
TDR stands for "timeout detection and recovery"; it's apparently a part of Windows 7. From what I understand, what happens is that your computer reduces the power to your card, thinking nothing's using it, and Windows detects that as a problem and then the TDR error kicks in. When that happens, it makes your system freeze for a second, the screen goes black for 4-5 seconds, and then comes back with a "the display driver stopped responding" popup. It's not a hard crash (for me, anyway), but it can be annoying especially when it happens four or five times in under an hour.

I started getting them as soon as I installed a GTX 560 Ti last month, but the problem only seems to happen when I'm in Firefox. I've had three sets of Geforce drivers during the month and so far they've all done it.

For the time being, disabling TDR has worked for me.

TDR is indeed something that was added to the Win7 driver model and without it, your system would just bluescreen as it always did whenever there was a video driver failure. This often happens because the drivers don't wait long enough to do a TDR, which restarts the video driver. I've seen this happen on defective cards but also on good cards with certain games. Never with Firefox. This issue has been going on for over a year, so for Nvidia to finally come out and say they're looking at it...and ask for people to send in their video cards...is not encouraging. I guess it could be related to the BIOS that some manufacturers put on their cards, and the last thing Nvidia wants to say is to flash your card down to the reference BIOS. I'm sure that wouldn't go over well.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Launch Issues
4. Re: Sword of the Stars Launch Issues Oct 31, 2011, 14:15 Kastagir

Don't blame it on Murphy. This is 100% dumbass. These game developers have no concept of professionalism.  

News Comments > Skyrim Interview; Diary
8. Re: Skyrim Interview; Diary Oct 30, 2011, 16:06 Kastagir

yuastnav wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 14:00:
I still think it's pure comedy:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Horses#Stealing_Horses
"Horses themselves can witness your theft and report you to the authorities, just like a regular NPC."

I see what you did there, Bethesda.

That's no different from what cars do today. "Help, I've been stolen. Here's my current location."

News Comments > Morning Previews
16. Re: Morning Previews Oct 28, 2011, 20:00 Kastagir

At least in Fallout3 you didn't see bandits climbing out of the sewers in full glass/daedric armor and weapons (or whatever the FO3 equivalent would be - raiders in power armor and gatling lasers?).  

9. Re: Morning Previews Oct 28, 2011, 15:17 Kastagir

The removal of weapon/armor degradation is welcome, since it always felt like it was only there to justify the armorer skill. Smithing does so much more, so I'm glad it's gone. The removal of attributes has me somewhat worried, but I suspect there will be sufficient depth to character development to make them unnecessary. Every leveling mod effectively removed attributes as something you needed to worry about, so move to make them fully hidden or behind the scenes is welcome, if done well and not simply a "streamlining" feature for the consoles.  

5. Re: Morning Previews Oct 28, 2011, 12:49 Kastagir

I'll skip this - don't need to see a video of guys blabbing about stuff that's already been disclosed. http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim is more informative.  

News Comments > Skyrim Specs
68. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 19:28 Kastagir

To each his/her own. Cyrodiil certainly was a lot more bland than Morrowind, I don't think anyone can disagree with that. That's what made Shivering Isles so refreshing - visually, at least.

66. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 18:24 Kastagir

avianflu wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 14:36:
the gameplay vids are *great* though I still remember the hollow shell that was Oblivion. Those cookie-cutter dungeons and the uber-glowy effects on absolutely every single object in the game. Hoping for the best.

I don't know that I'd use the word "hollow" to characterize Oblivion's gameplay, but the dungeons were a bit repetitive. That was because they were all designed by one person. Skyrim's dungeons were designed by a team of 8 designers.

61. Re: Skyrim Specs Oct 26, 2011, 13:36 Kastagir

Just a humble suggestions, but it's probably not worth the effort to argue with people who clearly haven't followed this game's development as closely as others have.  

2. Re: Morning Previews Oct 26, 2011, 13:30 Kastagir

Hey, wow, another "be a dick - kill everything, then self" playthrough of Skyrim. How clever. We already know you can do anything you want in this new game world. That doesn't mean we want to hear about you doing it.

Don't forget to wipe!

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo