Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kastagir

Real Name Kastagir   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kastagir
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2004, 17:49
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 20761

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome Announced
1. Re: Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome Announced Aug 28, 2012, 13:43 Kastagir

Improve your ruler: You can now actively strive to improve your skills or traits through the new Self-Improvement Ambitions

"But Mother...but Father...I just want to siiiinngggggggggg!"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
6. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 13:41 Kastagir

More "Game Jam" recycling. There's nothing here that wasn't part of the freeform developer creations from December.

However, I'm all for a small "horse armor" DLC if it means the last of the XBOX 360-exclusive content.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Microsoft's patent pressure Aug 8, 2012, 13:52 Kastagir

Why innovate when you can litigate? That's the Microsoft motto.  

News Comments > Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift
39. Re: Doom 4 Will Support Oculus Rift Aug 4, 2012, 15:29 Kastagir

What I take from these comments from Carmack:
"Doom 4 will support our new VR headset."
"PC support is TBD."

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard Aug 2, 2012, 23:07 Kastagir

Jerykk wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 23:01:
$20 is way too much for this. If Skyrim cost $60 and offered 200+ hours of gameplay, $20 DLC should offer at least 60 hours of gameplay. Throw in the fact that the bulk of code and assets are recycled from Skyrim and it's an even worse deal. I'll wait until this is $5.

Same here. $20 is too much for what amounts to last year's "game jam" hobbled together into a DLC. Winter/Holiday sale, maybe.

Also, what's with the vague leadup? From "we have not announced" to "here you go, PC users." Is it really necessary to be this vague?

News Comments > PC Dawnguard Info "This Week"
6. Re: PC Dawnguard Info Jul 30, 2012, 13:39 Kastagir

Techie714 wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 11:44:
"Just sit tight. We'll have info soon"

Translation: ZOMG Chill the fuck out peeps were working on the PC port right now....LOL

More like "we have to talk to legal to make sure we're allowed to announce/release this for other platforms without getting sued by Microsoft."

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
26. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 20:30 Kastagir

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 18:21:
Okay then the easy questions is... "What is Bethesda saying about a PC release for Dawnguard?"

Nothing.

24. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 14:16 Kastagir

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 03:13:

Huh?

Its not on the ps3 yet or the pc because its an xbox timed exlusive....nothing to clear up.

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 03:57:
30 days of exclusivity doesn't mean the DLC launched on PC on day 31.

You're both missing the point. I'm referring to this quote:

"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I'd tell you," Bethesda vice president of marketing Pete Hines wrote.

According to this, we (as yet) have no reason to expect a PC/PS3 release of Dawnguard. Ever. That is what should be cleared up.

20. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 02:57 Kastagir

It's all conjecture, but the best reason for the delay I've seen suggested is that they're having problems porting it to the PS3. From what I gather, the 1.6 update still hasn't made it to the PS3 and 1.7 is now in beta. Why this should hold up the PC version, I don't know. And I can't get behind the silent treatment from Bethesda. Where things stand now, there's no guarantee that Dawnguard (or the next DLC, for that matter) is expected on the PC. That is something Bethesda needs to clear up.  

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
32. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 22, 2012, 21:01 Kastagir

Alamar wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 18:13:
Kastagir wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 18:05:
Certainly no offense meant to Blue for posting the story, but I stopped reading at "giving his outlook on such litigation." I could care less what the defendant opines about the litigation he is facing, particularly when his strategy is outlined as "throw piles of money at making sure they don't get a cent." Personally, I'm more interested in whether this case has merit, and this story doesn't offer any illumination on that question.

"by or through making, using, offering for sale, selling and/or importing Android based applications for use on cellular phones and/or tablet devices that require communication with a server to perform a license check to prevent the unauthorized use of said application"

That seemed pretty clear to me...

My point was that making that the point of interest of this story, rather than Notch's opinions on the lawsuit, would have made more sense.

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
15. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 22, 2012, 18:05 Kastagir

Certainly no offense meant to Blue for posting the story, but I stopped reading at "giving his outlook on such litigation." I could care less what the defendant opines about the litigation he is facing, particularly when his strategy is outlined as "throw piles of money at making sure they don't get a cent." Personally, I'm more interested in whether this case has merit, and this story doesn't offer any illumination on that question.  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
14. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 18, 2012, 01:22 Kastagir

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 00:39:
I much rather see a Titan Quest 2 than a Torchlight 2. TL1 was pretty lame, why everyone's so excited for a sequel i'll never know.

You should take a look at http://www.grimdawn.com then. The developers of Titan Quest are working on a new game. Unfortunately, it's the same story as Torchlight 2: slow going.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
8. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 17, 2012, 23:47 Kastagir

I'm all for them taking their time to polish the game...but I pre-purchased the game when they advertised that it will be out this Summer. If it's released later, I simply won't have time to play it. I'm happy they're taking the time to do it right, but I feel a little screwed over at the same time. It's not enough money to call for a refund, but some consideration for those the have already paid for the game would be nice.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 14, 2012, 13:00 Kastagir

How about this:

"Don't buy."

News Comments > Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers
41. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 15:29 Kastagir

I can't think of a more suitable hole for Blizzard to disappear into than Microsoft Games. So many far more deserving developers have met their fates there, it would be fitting for this trash receptacle to be used to dispose of what Blizzard has become.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 11, 2012, 03:22 Kastagir

Steve Balmer is late to the party. Microsoft was out-innovated by Apple a long time ago.

The problem with these guys goes all the way back to Bill Gates, who said that the tablet wasn't a product Microsoft should make. Or a smartphone.

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
30. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 6, 2012, 02:09 Kastagir

"We have a few things that we may announce soon. We haven't forgotten about the title."
What do you want to bet he added "as much as we'd like to" under his breath?

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
60. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 5, 2012, 14:33 Kastagir

Kajetan wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 05:30:
Nobody at Blizzards knows how to make a H&S worthy of the fame Blizz has in this genre. The people mainly responsible for D2 left long ago.

<ahem> And they're making Torchlight II, which will be out in a matter of weeks. They seem much more deserving of my money than the makers of this crap.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
28. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 17:49 Kastagir

Daiblo III endgame woes...

Seems to me that uninstalling the game from your system is the best "endgame," assuming you bought the thing in the first place.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Jul 2, 2012, 13:58 Kastagir

RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:18:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:56:
RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:20:
Once again torn. Who do I hate more? Blizzard or China....tough one.

Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game to save their lives(which i dont understand since they supposed to be all Mr. computer)....so there is that. Then again BLizz is in empire strikes back mode lately...hmmm.

Japan has consumed all of Asia's game making talent.

Reading the article it doesn't seem like 'China' is promoting it, but that one of the possible distributors is. The reason the game hasn't released in China yet is because of China's over the top censorship among other things. So I highly doubt they'd promote a 'crack' that circumvents their own rules.

So where is Japan hiding them? In a cave somewhere?

Hyatus wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:01:
RailWizard wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:20:
Of course, there is the fact that no Asian country could make a decent game [...]

Uhm...Japan?

Yeah, Japan. They've been irrelevant for like 15 years. No one gives a flying fuck about FFXXXIIIIV or w/e other cliched crap they just can't let go of.

You may not like them, bug JRPGs sell just fine in Japan. Japanese corporations can make a lot more money exporting cars and electronics than than they can with video games.

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo