Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kastagir

Real Name Kastagir   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Kastagir
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 28, 2004, 17:49
Total Comments 312 (Amateur)
User ID 20761

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2014, 21:20 Kastagir

InBlack wrote on Jun 3, 2014, 09:31:
As epic as the fight was, what came before the fight was even better. In fact this is definitely one of my favorite episodes so far, with some of the best scenes and performances of all involved...
*semi spoiler below*
I couldnt help but feel sorry for Ser Jorah, a decent guy who has made some questionable decisions in his life and unlike most everyone else in the series always ends up paying for them bigtime...

[sarcasm]Yeah, and it's great how they spend 10 minutes of an episode talking about how some long-dead Lannister cousin liked to smash beetles...in a season that's quickly coming to a close without resolving much at all. Meanwhile, actors that are meant to be playing 10 year olds are entering high school.[/sarcasm]

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
8. Re: Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week Aug 15, 2013, 21:45 Kastagir

Does anyone have a wooden stake? It never hurts to be sure about these things...  

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
4. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jul 31, 2013, 17:15 Kastagir

PHJF wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 17:08:
Had to .inf edit 314.22 drivers to get new gtx 760 to work on them. nvidia drivers have been shit for months now, and it's only getting worse.

I didn't have any trouble editing the Titan drivers (314.22) to work with my GTX 780.

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
27. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 12:53 Kastagir

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 12:18:
I was hoping for Fallout 4, so this is a sad day.

Creston

BGS isn't the studio working on this, so your hopes may yet be realized. Let's remember that a lot of stuff gets announced on Bethblog that isn't the product of the studios that have brought us TES and Fallout. There are now a lot of studios under the Zenimax umbrella and they all get press on Bethblog.

News Comments > Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing
3. Re: Bethesda's Almost Done Teasing Apr 18, 2013, 21:30 Kastagir

I don't see Wolfenstein. It must be "limited vocabulary" to make that association. After Dishonored, it's clear to me that Bethesda could be up to anything at this point. Fallout4 has never been confirmed, though everyone seems willing to discount or ignore that fact, but a fair question would be why they (BGS) is not working on Fallout4 exclusively at this point. I'm sure everyone wants to see what a Fallout game could look like on an optimized Skyrim engine.

I'm guessing that whatever this is, it isn't from BGS but some other studio under the same umbrella, i.e. not from the people who just stopped working on Skyrim.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
60. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 12:25 Kastagir

Wow. People can't seem to get enough of checkpoint saves and poor mouse control.  

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 1
23. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 1 Apr 1, 2013, 13:33 Kastagir

Golwar wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 08:52:
Paradox announced Crusader Kings Z: Forum

Wouldn't surprise me at all, if we'd see this idea becoming reality in a mod.

I thought Sunset Invasion (Aztecs) was a joke, but it ended up being real, so who knows?

News Comments > More Valve Layoffs
21. Re: More Valve Layoffs Feb 14, 2013, 01:45 Kastagir

shul wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 00:58:
I hope Gabe knows how to

Gabe doesn't know how to do anything. That's why there's no HL episode 3. That's why Valve has such a chaotic (i.e. nonexistant) management model. Steam is at a point now where it would be successful with or without Gabe Newell. What else is Valve good for these days?

News Comments > Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects
36. Re: Obsidian on Fallout: New Vegas 2 Prospects Feb 12, 2013, 18:44 Kastagir

descender wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 16:31:
You are having a stuttering problem because FO3/NV were not released with exe files that can actually use most of your hardware. Go run them with the 4GB LAA exe files that Skyrim shipped with and your stuttering will likely disappear.

Skyrim had no such support when it "shipped" (i.e. released on Steam). Bethesda only added it (kicking and screaming?) in a title update after a third-party mod made the functionality available.

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
12. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 01:12 Kastagir

While I share everyone's frustration (I am a PC gamer after all), this XBOX360 exclusivity conspiracy nonsense is just getting silly. If all that were holding it up was an exclusivity deal with Microsoft, it would have released on January 04 or 05. Believing that the PC version of the DLC was held back until the PS3 version was ready is slightly more believable (though no less aggravating).

Remember that content (not updates) for Skyrim is developed on the 360, just like the main game was. Porting to other platforms (PC and PS3) takes time. It's not a set amount of time and the longer period that Dragonborn has taken to port to these platforms is more likely an indication of its size than anything else.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be irritated at Bethesda, but clinging to this exclusivity conspiracy is really not productive. People need to educate Bethesda of the foolishness of developing primarily on a platform that is 8 years old and technologically obsolete. And that says nothing of the fact that it's highly insulting to the most loyal (and oldest) members of their fanbase who supported them through TES III: Morrowind.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
18. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 14:54 Kastagir

WaltC wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 14:45:

I appreciate what Beamdog is doing, but they'll need to sell me on why I shouldn't just use EasyTutu (or buy BG1 &2 from Gog for $10 and then use EasyTutu, if I don't already own the BG1 & 2 titles.) So far, I haven't been sold. BG1 EasyTutu, along with a few free-of-charge mods, is a pretty darn nice BG1 experience...;)

You're not the kind of person this effort is targeting primarily. Being able to play this game on a tablet (iOS or Android) is worth $10 to a lot of people. Why it's twice as much for PC and Mac, I don't know.

News Comments > Valve Confirms New Engine?
21. Re: Valve Confirms New Engine? Nov 12, 2012, 12:56 Kastagir

Several 4chans in one place and you didn't lock them in a closet and pour bleach on them? What's wrong with you, Valve?

And why is Gabe's quote incomprehensible? I don't want to make the usual joke about his weight, but when an interview is forced to translate for an English-speaking interviewee, I'm not sure how much to trust it.

Valve is Steam in my mind. Portal 1/2 were cute, but ultimately tiresome. HL rumors no longer interest me. I doubt a HL3 would interest me either, should it ever be realized. Too much time has passed. The moment is gone.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year
14. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Next Year Nov 12, 2012, 02:07 Kastagir

Fantaz wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 01:17:

I wonder how this game will scale on Ipad Mini/7" Android devices? Will it even work on phones, like Galaxy Note?

If you followed the link, you'd know that it already runs on an iPhone4, but they won't release it because the UI is too small and I suspect this is also true of other phones. The Note isn't that much bigger. The iPad mini is no different from an iPad except for the size, meaning you can't release something for the iPad and prevent people from loading it on an iPad mini. It should be playable on a 7" tablet as long as you don't have fat fingers.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diary
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Video Diar Nov 8, 2012, 23:12 Kastagir

Is there some reason Blue won't report on the official Dragonborn announcement made on Monday, and the fact that it will be the third Skyrim DLC to carry a 30-day exclusivity to the XBox? I would have thought this would be worthy of Blue's News.

Bethesda has a bad habit of remaining silent when they don't live up to their promises. The only thing that forces them to talk is documenting their contradictions in the gaming news.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Oct 6, 2012, 14:00 Kastagir

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 10:10:
Why would you need to adopt kids if you have a spouse in the game?

I was wondering the same thing. Who needs to adopt kids when you can "make" them? Or maybe all Dragonborn are infertile?

I'm glad to see this smaller DLC because it means the contractual exclusivity to the XBox is over and future DLC can be released for PC and consoles simultaneously. That is, if Bethesda can figure out how to make their games work on PCs. Their recent efforts don't leave me feeling overly optimistic on that front.

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
58. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 15:31 Kastagir

An offer from Microsoft to "certify" a third-party application for Windows is simply an offer to test it to make sure it works. I'm not defending Microsoft or anything, since limited effort is extended to make things like games "certified," but this Notch guy seems like he goes out of his way to be difficult to deal with. Either that or this tweet could be translated as "Screw you, I hate Windows."

Personally, I'm going to skip Win8 like I skipped Vista. And I don't care about Minecraft.

News Comments > Free Torchlight II Soundtrack
4. Re: Free Torchlight II Soundtrack Sep 18, 2012, 22:19 Kastagir

I can't see Blizzard ever doing something like this. Welcome, indeed.  

News Comments > Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced
64. Re: Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced Sep 17, 2012, 18:46 Kastagir

They confirmed long ago that Laidlaw's still in charge, so I don't see this being of any interest to PC gamers. And if I hear them say they're pulling stuff out of the "Bioware vault" again, I'm going to vomit.

So far, I haven't received my one wish for what I wanted to see from Dragon Age III: another developer's name on the box.

News Comments > Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM
34. Re: Ubisoft Scrapping Always on DRM Sep 5, 2012, 13:28 Kastagir

wtf_man wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 10:12:
They still sound like they don't have a clue.

That's because they still believe that they lose 96% of their PC title revenue to piracy.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
36. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 13:41 Kastagir

Darks wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:15:
This release date is really dumb on their part. Why do they want to compete with Borderlands 2?

I don't think they're considering other games' releases. They promised a Summer 2012 release as part of their pre-order and Sept. 21 is the last day of Summer 2012. They took people's money. I'm sure that plays at least some role in the chosen release date.

312 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo