Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for raVen

Real Name raVen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Developer, and Enthusiast gamer.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2004, 05:12
Total Comments 322 (Amateur)
User ID 20726

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
175. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 04:12 raVen

The servers just went down to do an service update. I'm wondering if it's to plug some security hole? or just a normal patch day thing. Who knows it's the first Tuesday since Diablo III has been out.

Quite terrifying actually. I just got to the end of Act IV about to fight the final boss when I get this message that the servers are going down in 12 minutes. ... mind you I'm playing on Hardcore.

Needless to say I vanquished D3 on normal and tomorrow I shall venture into Nightmare in hardcore.

(Edit: Tomorrow means after I wake up as it's obviously after midnight.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Linux Steam Plans Confirmed
29. Re: Linux Steam Plans Confirmed Apr 25, 2012, 17:39 raVen

I can understand your viewpoint about current hardcore Linux users not inclined to use Steam.
There is another viewpoint to consider: Those that would like to continue to play games and currently use Windows because that's the only option.

With NVidia recently joining the Linux Foundation, and we're seeing even better AMD driver support, I can see a storm a brewin in the near future.
I think it really boils down to how much support MS decides to give Win7 if people absolutely hate Win8.

News Comments > Linux Steam Plans Confirmed
26. Re: Linux Steam Plans Confirmed Apr 25, 2012, 17:10 raVen

DNForever wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 15:55:
I recall another company that would arrogantly say "when it's done", and their game took like 12 years to come out. Hint, it's my screenname.
That's because George B wanted to desperately put everything in the game, including anything iD ever said or did.

Creston wrote:
On topic: It's one thing to port Steam to Linux, but if you don't have any games on it, what's the point?
In the article they show L4D2 running on a linux machine. They talk about how they're also porting Source to linux.

I'm excited personally. I've wanted to try gaming on linux again. It wasn't very good back in the cedega/transgaming days. (Winex / even mainline wine .9)

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration
10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Community Demonstration Apr 24, 2012, 22:45 raVen

Jivaro wrote on Apr 24, 2012, 22:35:
More to the point...isn't simply the act of ceasing to give them money really the only message EA or Bioware are really going to listen to anyway? Of course it is.
Yes and no.
If you don't communicate why you are no longer purchasing EA/Bioware products they wont really get it other than: "Oh, this type of game must not be profitable any more."
I don't know of a good way to do communicate a reason why. This turning on and off the console is interesting, but doesn't seem to fit the bill.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2012, 13:59 raVen

Now I need to figure out what to do with all the worms this early bird business has produced.
Mossless stones, of course.

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
55. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 21, 2012, 14:08 raVen

Eh, it's going to get smacked down again just like all the rest.
That means the topic is null and void.

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
53. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 21, 2012, 11:51 raVen

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 06:17:
? DOn't think i would want to live in Japan.....don't really think their quality of life is better than most others....or hardly anyone for that matter...not defending original poster, just sayin....

First off, have you been to Japan? I doubt you have. My experience in Japan was amazing, don't knock it until you try it.

Secondly, I came here to post this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baka_(fool)#Pragmatics

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Jan 30, 2012, 14:05 raVen

I have run across the random zomg knife hack. but it's usually not that bad if you play on servers that has admins.

I'm actually more annoyed at how broken the friends list is than random people cheating. Origin simply is terrible, and battlelog is only an extension of that terrible. A unified friends list is a double edged sword, and probably not the best solution but it's better than what's going on right now.

Honestly, Origin / BattleLog and the game crashing about every 3-4 matches is taking more out of the game than the occasional cheater.
I probably wont play the next battlefield unless this stuff changes. (Unlikely.)

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
74. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 23:48 raVen

I really want to check this out. I've been watching 2 guys play it at work. (We have some down time right now)
That being said: classes start Jan 9th, I really don't think I should pick this up for a while.

It looks like a lot of fun and the companions look really interesting with the ability to send them out to do objectives for you.
Having been a longtime wow player I'm really interested since Cataclysm was annoying. The holochrons in the worlds are interesting and I guess help people to explore more.
They've definitely done stuff that wow hasn't. (And other older MMOs too, but I haven't played some of the more recent ones like Rift)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 13:46 raVen

Not starship troopers related:
So Delicious coconut milk eggnog is awesome! I'm lactose intolerant and haven't had any for years until this Thanksgiving!

Just passing it on in case anyone wants to try it

Starship troopers related:
I found the movie pretty hilarious, but I never read the book. I should read the book at some point, maybe after finals

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 01:33 raVen

Still running great, I haven't updated to the latest AMD drivers, and I don't think I will for a while. (I wasn't _that_ tired :))  

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 19:37 raVen

Bumpy wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 18:47:
Runs great if you have anything but ATI.
I have a Radeon 6870 and I haven't had any problems. I'm using the 11.10 driver (I put the preview 3 OpenGL driver in my rage directory)
I cranked everything up. DX11 mode, x64 win7. It was late last night when I was playing so I'll check closer tonight when I get home.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 11:10 raVen

Some of the most fun I've had playing video games in a LONG time. (Playing on PC)  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 13:17 raVen

Wow, I might actually consider getting an xbox live gold card when they go on sale again. I hated having to call Customer Support to cancel. (After doing it twice I resolved to not getting live again.)
Then again, I don't know of any games I wont be getting on PC...

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
29. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 17:13 raVen

Prez wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 17:07:
Brotherhood didn't have the always on DRM either. PC gamers were too busy complaining about it anyway to notice.

I noticed, and showed my appreciation by buying it at full price. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet; but I wanted to cast my vote for less DRM.
I might have to pick that up, and if it actually holds true for Revelations, I'll probably pick it up too. After Skyrim.

26. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:59 raVen

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:29:
raVen wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:24:
Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

Thanks! Time to put up that Mission Accomplished banner again.
Mission accomplished on how you don't know that things of value should have some sort of compensation? (If you've played 60hrs you must have valued it or you wouldn't have played it that long.)

I hate entitlement, and people that think they deserve everything without doing anything. Why don't you put up your big sign that says "bail out my debt because I don't know how to be fiscally responsible!"
Or did I miss your 99% post somewhere?

23. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:24 raVen

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:16:
Skyrim has been "out" for XBox360 for almost a couple of weeks now. 60hrs in to it and I don't think I'm half way through it. Too many quests and side quests!!! I'll revisit after taking Ezio through his final chapter.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

News Comments > On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans
10. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 14:25 raVen

They want to get into an arms war, with Pirates?
That sounds like a great way to polish your game. (I haven't played it, but I know we've NEVER had extra time when it comes to shipping games.)

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2011, 14:34.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials; New Assassin's Creed Game Next Year
5. Re: Ubisoft Financials; New Assassin's Creed Game Next Year Nov 8, 2011, 19:13 raVen

spindoctor wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 18:47:
You make it sound like PC sales numbers (or lack of) can actually come remotely close to causing double digit dips in total sales numbers.

The last Ubisoft game I bought was Asscreed II on 360. That was around the time they were really pressing PC DRM. I wont buy any ubisoft title on any platform again unless PC DRM changes.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers
3. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers Oct 31, 2011, 23:16 raVen

I have the same 'blue' issue. Where did you grab the atioglxx.dll from, the driver it's self?

NM, here's what I did:
I still had the older drivers installer in C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_11.10_Preview3_Windows7_Vista
search for atioglxx.dl_ (look for one in a 64bit if you're 64bit)
and use expand to get it to a dll.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2011, 23:22.

322 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo