Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for raVen

Real Name raVen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Developer, and Enthusiast gamer.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2004, 05:12
Total Comments 314 (Amateur)
User ID 20726

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
74. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 23:48 raVen

I really want to check this out. I've been watching 2 guys play it at work. (We have some down time right now)
That being said: classes start Jan 9th, I really don't think I should pick this up for a while.

It looks like a lot of fun and the companions look really interesting with the ability to send them out to do objectives for you.
Having been a longtime wow player I'm really interested since Cataclysm was annoying. The holochrons in the worlds are interesting and I guess help people to explore more.
They've definitely done stuff that wow hasn't. (And other older MMOs too, but I haven't played some of the more recent ones like Rift)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2011, 13:46 raVen

Not starship troopers related:
So Delicious coconut milk eggnog is awesome! I'm lactose intolerant and haven't had any for years until this Thanksgiving!

Just passing it on in case anyone wants to try it

Starship troopers related:
I found the movie pretty hilarious, but I never read the book. I should read the book at some point, maybe after finals

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third
28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 16, 2011, 01:33 raVen

Still running great, I haven't updated to the latest AMD drivers, and I don't think I will for a while. (I wasn't _that_ tired :))  

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 19:37 raVen

Bumpy wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 18:47:
Runs great if you have anything but ATI.
I have a Radeon 6870 and I haven't had any problems. I'm using the 11.10 driver (I put the preview 3 OpenGL driver in my rage directory)
I cranked everything up. DX11 mode, x64 win7. It was late last night when I was playing so I'll check closer tonight when I get home.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Saints Row: The Third Nov 15, 2011, 11:10 raVen

Some of the most fun I've had playing video games in a LONG time. (Playing on PC)  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 13:17 raVen

Wow, I might actually consider getting an xbox live gold card when they go on sale again. I hated having to call Customer Support to cancel. (After doing it twice I resolved to not getting live again.)
Then again, I don't know of any games I wont be getting on PC...

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
29. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 17:13 raVen

Prez wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 17:07:
Brotherhood didn't have the always on DRM either. PC gamers were too busy complaining about it anyway to notice.

I noticed, and showed my appreciation by buying it at full price. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet; but I wanted to cast my vote for less DRM.
I might have to pick that up, and if it actually holds true for Revelations, I'll probably pick it up too. After Skyrim.

26. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:59 raVen

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:29:
raVen wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:24:
Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

Thanks! Time to put up that Mission Accomplished banner again.
Mission accomplished on how you don't know that things of value should have some sort of compensation? (If you've played 60hrs you must have valued it or you wouldn't have played it that long.)

I hate entitlement, and people that think they deserve everything without doing anything. Why don't you put up your big sign that says "bail out my debt because I don't know how to be fiscally responsible!"
Or did I miss your 99% post somewhere?

23. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:24 raVen

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:16:
Skyrim has been "out" for XBox360 for almost a couple of weeks now. 60hrs in to it and I don't think I'm half way through it. Too many quests and side quests!!! I'll revisit after taking Ezio through his final chapter.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

News Comments > On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans
10. Re: On Take On Helicopters DRM; Demo Plans Nov 9, 2011, 14:25 raVen

They want to get into an arms war, with Pirates?
That sounds like a great way to polish your game. (I haven't played it, but I know we've NEVER had extra time when it comes to shipping games.)

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2011, 14:34.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials; New Assassin's Creed Game Next Year
5. Re: Ubisoft Financials; New Assassin's Creed Game Next Year Nov 8, 2011, 19:13 raVen

spindoctor wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 18:47:
You make it sound like PC sales numbers (or lack of) can actually come remotely close to causing double digit dips in total sales numbers.

The last Ubisoft game I bought was Asscreed II on 360. That was around the time they were really pressing PC DRM. I wont buy any ubisoft title on any platform again unless PC DRM changes.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers
3. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Reference Drivers Oct 31, 2011, 23:16 raVen

I have the same 'blue' issue. Where did you grab the atioglxx.dll from, the driver it's self?

NM, here's what I did:
I still had the older drivers installer in C:\AMD\AMD_Catalyst_11.10_Preview3_Windows7_Vista
search for atioglxx.dl_ (look for one in a 64bit if you're 64bit)
and use expand to get it to a dll.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2011, 23:22.

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Details
16. Re: Blizzard DOTA Details Oct 24, 2011, 01:10 raVen

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 23:28:
Because when a mod belongs to a ton of people it's kind of wrong to hire one of them and then try to copyright everything about it. I don't know much about this whole shebang honestly, but from what I have read the grievance is that Valve are trying to trademark something they didn't invent and didn't hire the people who invented it.

There's something to be said about how many people it has gone through, and how none of them tried to trademark it by now.
I don't know if valve tried to hire anyone else, but I haven't seen anything say they haven't either.
Maybe all the other guys are no longer interested in DOTA. (I don't know, but why didn't they TM it ?)

-- Also after watching the DOTA / SCII tools panel from Blizzcon2011 it seems they are going a pretty different route than DOTA. (Last hit being moved to a singular orb 1 per set of creeps; turrets having limited but slowly regenerating ammo) Lots of the DOTA purists aren't going to like it. It'll be interesting to get hands on.

News Comments > Blizzard DOTA Details
13. Re: Blizzard DOTA Details Oct 23, 2011, 23:25 raVen

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 23, 2011, 19:55:
I'd comment, but then i'd be scared my steam account would get turned off..... lol.....i dont like what bliz or valve is doing personally, stay the hell away from the mod community, get your own damn idea's.

I don't get it, Valve has been hiring these guys that have been making mods. Turning it from a hobby to a working relationship where they get paid. (Most notably the CS guys)

I can see issues with the DOTA TM; but honestly they're trademarking the name not the style of game.

Since when is iteration on an awesome concept bad? (Especially, when it results in an awesome product?)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 20, 2011, 20:13 raVen

I wonder if they are taking used into account, especially with the passes that are no longer included in used games. Because if everyone resold their game, %50 would need to purchase DLC to get what a normal purchase would include...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 10, 2011, 10:58 raVen

Did someone at netflix think it was Apr 1st?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 8, 2011, 00:47 raVen

I think most everyone that was going to upgrade from 3g /3gs to a new one got an iPhone4.
For me, I went from an iPhone 3g to an Android phone. My brother on the other hand is upgrading to a 4s from a 3g.

Personally, I'm getting sick of getting locked to carriers for the life of my phones. I assume since the 4s will be able to be on 3 carriers that the hardware can do all the frequencies, and the software is the limiting factor. Otherwise it's silly design from a hardware standpoint. -- and a nightmare in manufacturing

Being locked to AT&T made me leave both the iPhone platform, and the carrier. It did however take a while to find a suitable replacement after my contract ended. I might consider an iPhone again if I could buy the phone completely and be able to chose my carrier from month to month.

Just my 2c.

News Comments > RAGE Tweaks
5. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 14:58 raVen

You should be able to exec another config with the options, (putting the exec command in the default.cfg)
I'll double check this when I get home from work.

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
35. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 1, 2011, 22:22 raVen

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 20:58:
Hypocrite much, asshole? What sewer have you fucking trolls crawled out of? Is there some other piece of shit site that just closed down that's brought you fucking retards here to do nothing but troll and flame because you've been coming out of the woodwork lately? We're sick of it. So you and your little troll buddies are the ones who need to shut the fuck up and go elsewhere, you piece of shit.

Using a strawman argument about freedom and terrorism, a blind generalism does nothing but defeat any arguments you make. You sir were the first to fire shots. You sir were the first to troll in this thread.
When using examples such as terrorism such inappropriately you deface the meaning of that word and any other words you choose to use. I stand by my point and think you should shut up because you can't seem to use words properly in context. (IOW: GET THE FUCK OUT)

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
20. removed Oct 1, 2011, 19:40 raVen

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 2, 2011, 12:26.

314 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo