Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for raVen

Real Name raVen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Developer, and Enthusiast gamer.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2004, 05:12
Total Comments 305 (Amateur)
User ID 20726

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard on Real ID
50. Re: Blizzard on Real ID Jul 8, 2010, 02:17 raVen

wow, I love this.
Check it out:
"our goal is to create a social gaming service that players want to use." --Blizzard

"posting on the official Blizzard forums are completely optional" --Blizzard

They say they want us to use what they create; They don't allow use to use it without exposure. Why would we want to use it? There is no direct benefit from using my real name on the internet or I WOULDN'T be posting here with an alias. (or anywhere)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
58. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 22:25 raVen

Fion wrote on Jul 5, 2010, 15:14:
Yes but you realize that being Dx11 you need a $500 video card to even run Dx11 and frankly they could have put these effects in on a D10 (or even Dx9) which a $100 video card can run WoW wonderfully.
Then you go on to say:
Fion wrote:
Sorry.. I don't buy bottom basement hardware. I only by enthusiast level hardware for my machine. You could probably run WoW on a $50 Dx11 card but if you ever wanted to play anything newer than 6 years old or very low end you'd be shit out of luck.

Why bring up 100$ hardware that plays wow fine if similar hardware in that ballpark will play with DX11. I don't see why you're having such a problem with an upgrade. Do you complain that you can't play Bluray in your DVD Drive? No? because you stick to DVDs?

I'm mostly saying Wow doesn't take super awesome hardware to play. And you'll still be able to play without dx11 as the features brought by it are only cosmetic. (Akin do blu vs dvd) If you don't want them, don't pay for them. Down the road whenever you do purchase a DX11 card because you've found a game that requires or you require it, You'll still be able to go back and play wow with new flashy water and god rays from the sun light source.

Why are you so upset over optional features that realistically you'll have access to eventually if you decide to not purchase a DX11 card in the immediate future?

Excuse me for providing hardware that is cheap that meets your requirements of DX11, and you didn't mention anything about resolution , fillrate or any other criteria for your new DX11 card.

Tomshardware.com cites that one of these lower end (sub $100) DX11 cards plays WoW: Link

I haven't used any of these DX11 cards or even seen them in action. I can't provide how 'beta' software will run on them. If you want to see how well they run look up some reviews. I recommend checking into the 5770 because of it's lower price and still reasonable framerates at 1920x1200. But don't take my word for it, do a google search.

News Comments > DirectX 11 WoW
13. Re: DirectX 11 WoW Jul 5, 2010, 15:31 raVen

400+ for a dx11 card?
You should maybe watch the video card market once in a while:
Newegg.com search for dx11 sorted by price

News Comments > Ubisoft Sale
2. Re: Ubisoft Sale Jun 24, 2010, 10:27 raVen

Step right up here to pay us so you can't play our DRM filled games!

I'll be done with Ubi on any platform until they redact their PC DRM strategy.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 23, 2010, 11:14 raVen

re: nintendo online approach
Now you need to type in a 64 character per user hash that can only be used once per session.

/Sarcasm
Hopefully, they actually get a decent online setup, because right now I refuse to use my Wii online other than downloading VC games. (Haven't done that for close to a year anyways)

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2010, 15:13 raVen

Blue wrote on Jun 18, 2010, 13:31:
Okay, here:

Awesome, Thanks!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 18, 2010, 11:12 raVen

haha! If you have a chance, I'd love to see a picture.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 15, 2010, 21:50 raVen

Woo Toy Story 3 released!  

News Comments > PS3 Portal 2
7. Re: PS3 Portal 2 Jun 15, 2010, 17:14 raVen

I wonder if that means you'd log in using your steam account, and possibly only have to buy the DLC once ? (IF they add DLC to Portal 2)
I would be for that.

In fact, this just raises more questions as we have no idea what steamworks on PS3 is purportedly like.

News Comments > PS3 Portal 2
6. Re: PS3 Portal 2 Jun 15, 2010, 17:10 raVen

Hellcinder wrote on Jun 15, 2010, 16:46:
How much money did they throw at him to do a 180 and say that I wonder.
Probably just dealing with Microsoft again. That's all it'd take for me to take a harder look at competitor hardware. (Given Gabe's history)

News Comments > StarCraft II Replay Feature
3. Re: StarCraft II Replay Feature Jun 14, 2010, 11:51 raVen

Move up the release? It comes out next month ffs!  

News Comments > BlizzCon Tix on Sale
9. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 01:19 raVen

Jack9 wrote on Jun 3, 2010, 00:32:
Sempai wrote on Jun 2, 2010, 23:39:
Im obviously the extreme minority who thinks this "event" is a ripoff and a complete waste of my nerd time.

My friends and I had the same experiences. We all have been to actual conventions. Some suck, some are awesome. Blizzcon was BORING...25 minutes into it: "ok, that's everything", what are we gonna do for the next day and a half?

I haven't been to a Blizzcon, but I've been to E3, have you been to E3? if so, can you compare?
I spent last year watching the DirectTV webcast. Since my group of friends didn't get tickets in this first batch, I'm starting to think I'll just do that again. I enjoyed the webcast last year, but I was free to stop and pause it and do something else if I wanted.

Did you play the demo stations? -- Did you really see everything in the first little while?

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 & Counter-Strike: Source Beta Updates
8. Re: Team Fortress 2 & Counter-Strike: Source Beta Updates May 19, 2010, 23:44 raVen

Anyone spent any serious time with the CS:S beta?
I played it a little. Wow CS:S I remember when I first saw you, you were so pretty! -- Time has not done cs well. It still plays the same; and I still think 1.6 netcode is better. (probably because of the goofy phys objects)

I will say that after playing 5-6 hours of BFBC2 multiplayer today, and then playing CS:S Beta makes me feel like I need glasses.

I only played for about 1/2 hour or so. The achievements didn't seem that interesting to me.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation May 6, 2010, 21:51 raVen

in unrelated news:
Gravity shoots for 9.8m/s/s

News Comments > StarCraft II in July
30. Re: StarCraft II in July May 3, 2010, 23:10 raVen

Paketep wrote on May 3, 2010, 18:51:
StarCraft 2 without LAN support is a no no for me.

I'll keep playing the old one. Not interested in Blizzard's social shit.
Any LAN party without some sort of internet access isn't a real LAN party IMO. I'm pretty sure that the connections are still between the players, but it's started through Battle.net. LAN Games will happen, but they'll appear exactly the same as online except you're all in the same room. I fail to see the problem with online authentication in this manner; and I only expect users that don't wish to pay money to play the game are the majority of people complaining about it.

I'm not talking about subscription fees, I'm talking about the 1 time box copy fee. Feel free to add reason to your complaints.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Bungie's epic fail? May 2, 2010, 18:46 raVen

*Sigh* I'm continuosly reminded how difficult sarcasm can be to convey here at BN.

He's talking about the link: Bungie's Epic Beta Fail. That's why his subject was not in direct reply to yours.
Calling someone nub is a way of calling someone infantile or beginner. (newbie -> newb ~ nub) Usually in a direct response to stupidity.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Bungie's epic fail? May 2, 2010, 18:41 raVen

Wait, people still care about Halo? That franchise killed it's self with Halo2, and a shitty sequel.  

News Comments > More IW Vets Respawn
7. Re: More IW Vets Respawn May 1, 2010, 17:01 raVen

Developers are resilient creatures, If you liked MW / MW2 or other IW games I don't see why you'd say this.

I didn't like MW2 very much. However, I think it's worth giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Or, you could just be pessimist about everything.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Court rules that FCC can't stop Comcast from throttling traffic. Apr 8, 2010, 00:32 raVen

This ruling means that Comcast (or any ISP) can throttle bittorrent (or Youtube, or Steam, or whatever they want) and nothing can be done.

The only thing that can be done is switch providers and vote with your money. I left Comcast the same month they stated they were shaping and that they were adding 'caps'.

I'm fortunate enough to have a local DSL ISP that I can use that isn't the regional duopoly. I pay a bit more but I don't get throttled, and it's supporting an awesome company.

Unfortunately, not everywhere has these choices :(. If you can choose other than Comcast or any provider that starts doing things you don't like or don't agree with, the best thing to do is to leave and let them know exactly why you are leaving. Eventually, if the market demands open internet, they'll have to provide it or die.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Patch & Editor
1. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Patch & Editor Apr 7, 2010, 12:10 raVen

Glad they are patching it, but still not buying it or trying to play it until that always on DRM is gone. I guess I'll either not play it, or hopefully pick it up when it hits the bargin bin in 5-6 years (I swear launch PS3 games JUST went cheaper)  

305 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo