Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for raVen

Real Name raVen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Developer, and Enthusiast gamer.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2004, 05:12
Total Comments 314 (Amateur)
User ID 20726

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
12. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 16:07 raVen

Original iD is dead.
John Carmack, John Romero, Tom Hall, and Adrian Carmack have nothing to do with the company any longer.
Now it's just an IP horse that Zenimax is going to beat to death.

Hardcore iD fans already know this Zenimax, I for one don't care about your upcoming games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 11:31 raVen

I approve  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2014, 15:31 raVen

so many cuts / fades to black, I doubt he did most of those in one run.
I haven't played GTA V yet though... (Probably when it releases on PC or PS4)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 4, 2014, 00:52 raVen

Cpmartins: Unless you'd never worn shoes before.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 13:06 raVen

This just in: newly invented shoes (leather skins you put on your feet) are a major improvement over how we do things day to day. Hunters claim that people that have had shoes can no longer live a day without shoes!  

News Comments > DOOM QuakeCon Plans
6. Re: DOOM QuakeCon Plans Jul 2, 2014, 13:17 raVen

who cares?
iD is now just a litigious husk inside the belly of the beast of Zenimax.

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
15. Re: Carmack-Free QuakeCon Jun 13, 2014, 22:17 raVen

Aww! Finally when my schedule is clear and I have cash to go, there's no point.  

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
29. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 21:27 raVen

That way they can get all the network problems fixed 3mo after they ship instead of 6mo.
WHERE DO I NOT SIGN UP. oh here. (BF3 had enough problems I just watched the BF4 fiasco from a far.)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 8, 2014, 23:05 raVen

Comcast should get unplugged from the internet. (More technical terms: All peers should drop all traffic from Comcast.)

Actually, that's probably would it would take to get this bullshit to stop. I'm a Comcast customer, and you know what? I'll go through that pain of no internet at home for a few weeks (months, years) until they get their shit together. Or just switch to a different provider.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
134. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 10:29 raVen

If I have to sign in to Facebook for the oculus rift to work: VR=over.
It'll bungle VR so badly that even Morpheous wouldn't take off.

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
10. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 16:13 raVen

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 16:08:
No, Blizzard still needs to provide the PC based customers a D3 offline mode like the consolers got. Could care less about the AH, actually think the Gold AH should have stayed, Real Money Auction House was the problem.
At least I can play Hardcore mode now. The itemization from before made it impossible with the random lag spikes. Now that I have decent enough gear I can take a few hits from lag and still live. [I'd Love for D3 in offline mode. - don't get me wrong]

As for SimCity. I might pick it up now. While I don't prefer Origin, as long as it's not doing it's creepy crawly on my HDs, I don't think it's that bad.

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
52. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 3, 2014, 03:48 raVen

SmyTTor wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 02:26:
Does no one remember the incidents of Amazon removing books people purchased and downloaded to their Kindles?

It isn't similar to what this situation is (though there are enough posts implying as much), but people shouldn't be surprised at how things play out in an era where the copyright and patent systems, which were created to foster progress and protect culture for society in general, are used as weapons by corporations to exclude people from accessing the very culture they are supposed to have a right to.

And again, this is different because NO ONE had games removed from libraries.

There are still consumer protections in place on digital media.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Steam Dec 12, 2013, 18:19 raVen

nin wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 16:33:
Debating if I want to go Sat, or wait a week, in hopes that the crowd might die down slightly.
I'm thinking I'll try the first showing sunday morning. Then make a day of it, there are a couple other movies I'd like to see too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2013, 18:11 raVen

Will no one think of the ANTS?!  

News Comments > New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development
9. Re: New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development Nov 18, 2013, 21:16 raVen

Slayblaze wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:18:
I just want an always-online C&C Generals 2 with persistent progression features, which is exactly what was being developed and is now scrapped. Doesn't seen like it should be THAT difficult to pull off.
Are you being sarcastic? Because this is exactly what I don't want, and what EA probably will do anyways.
Always online: Always sucks.

News Comments > NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech
39. Re: NVIDIA G-SYNC Display Tech Oct 19, 2013, 17:11 raVen

Some of you are kind of missing the point. If you ever drop below 120fps ever you'd see an improvement with this tech. For those talking about if it's better than being locked at 120hz, also if you ever go above 120fps you'd also see an improvement.

Even at 30hz, shows up in this link.
basically whenever your gpu finishes drawing a frame it'll refresh the lcd, this is pretty rad.

This actually puts LCDs on par with CRTs imo (with respect to refresh and latency)

Also instead of waiting for the locked 120hz / 60hz refresh, it will immediately update which could have a lower latency than even CRTs.

35. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 1, 2013, 00:01 raVen

Anonymous wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 18:40:
You never know how bad the input lag will be on these LCD monitors. The one I'm currently using is reasonable and I've gotten to the point where I don't even notice it anymore.
You should check out:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/motion_blur.htm
and http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/
Input lag usually isn't the issue, but I understand why it could be perceived that way.

I'm thinking about getting a newer asus monitor that does 120hz, but for some reason I prefer 16:10 aspect, and the ones listed are all 16:9. (MORE PIXELS :D) (also I've found that I prefer 24" monitors over larger 27-30" models, but that could just be because I use 24" monitors at home and work.)

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 14, 2013, 01:40 raVen

Wow, I can't even start. Oracle has ruined plenty of products: MySQL anyone?
I don't understand how anyone could think Google would want anything from Oracle, let alone steal it.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 9, 2013, 03:12 raVen

MS has made strides to help out Indies, it's not as dire as that publisher-less world article makes it out: here
May not be at first, but if you must be working on a launch title, you're probably willing to shell out for a dev kit.

Edit: I'm sitting on the fence about getting a PS4, or just playing on PC this gen myself. If I were to get a console this next go around, it will be a PS4. I got a launch 360, and later a ps3. Due to paying for live for netflix I only use the ps3 any more.

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
48. Re: id: RAGE Aug 5, 2013, 02:59 raVen

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 5, 2013, 01:52:
I want id to make me as excited as I was when q3test dropped. Very sadly I don't think that's ever going to happen again. Cry
I'm still excited to pick up Doom3BFG edition and play through it on a consumer Oculus Rift (Hopefully the consumer will the have higher resolution screens they've talked about)

Beyond that though, there isn't really that much more they can do on a groundbreaking level like q3test. But fond memories of q3test lead me to think about new devices / ways to interact with the games.

314 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo