Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for raVen

Real Name raVen   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Developer, and Enthusiast gamer.
Homepage None given.
Signed On Apr 24, 2004, 05:12
Total Comments 322 (Amateur)
User ID 20726

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
39. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 01:22 raVen

I believe when self-publishing on steam, Valve is taking a share of the burden*. (Postal had already been published brick and mortar wise, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_with_Scissors,_Inc. )
Greenlight is still Valve's indie publishing, and they're free to deny people from the program.

If another publisher were to step in and publish the game, I'm fairly sure it would be given a chance at digital sales on Steam. However, I'm also fairly certain that they (The Developer) would have to make some concessions to whichever publisher chose to pick them up. As that's how the publishing game works.

*: As there is less of a physical burden (shipping and distributing physical copies), there is still the Stamp of Approval burden, which I can see this is the case they're trying to make. If another publisher were to step in, it would avert Valve from being responsible for the game being released. (Especially if another publisher decided to just distribute physically, and open up other avenues of distrubution.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
35. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 00:47 raVen

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 00:14:
Valve has the right to pull the game from their store. But they shouldn't have.
"Based on what we've seen on Greenlight we would not publish Hatred on Steam. As such we'll be taking it down."

As was with Postal 1 & 2, if they found another publisher willing to publish it they could probably get listed on Steam.

They (Valve) have every right to not publish games they don't want to publish. (From a publishing point of view. They're not banning it from steam.)

News Comments > The Original Strife: Veteran Edition Released
3. Re: The Original Strife: Veteran Edition Released Dec 13, 2014, 12:42 raVen

Awesome, I've been waiting for this to come to gog.com or steam for a while now! *BOUGHT*  

News Comments > WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations
20. Re: WoW 10th Anniversary Celebrations Nov 21, 2014, 16:22 raVen

Ant wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 15:51:
Will players without expansions be able to play? I still have my WoW installation on my very old, updated Windows XP Pro SP3 box, from over a decade ago. However, I haven't been updated it for many years. But then I have no time for gaming even reading BN daily. Maybe Christmas break?
It'd probably be faster to download the newer version. Tons of asset changes, and even a new asset format. They've gone on record saying an old disc install is going be less optimal an install than just downloading everything again.
If you've got decent internet speeds, you can get going pretty quickly with the battle.net launcher.

News Comments > Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime
7. Re: Free WoW Time to Compensate for Downtime Nov 19, 2014, 16:18 raVen

I've been too busy playing wow to comment here.
I'm having a blast, and appreciate the sentiment. on KJ I waited around 21-25 hours in queue over the launch, and took two days off of work. (I played a ton of steamworld dig and Binding of isaac rebirth while I waited, and watched a few movies.)

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
57. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 15:48 raVen

Sam and Max is also being offered digitally for the first time ever.  

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
6. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 13:04 raVen

edit: replaced wrong link.
Napster Bad! (Warning lots of language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuR5TNyL8Y

News Comments > Metallica to Close BlizzCon
3. Re: Metallica to Close BlizzCon Oct 21, 2014, 12:48 raVen

damnit, I don't want those assholes at blizzcon.
anyone want to buy a blizzcon ticket?

News Comments > Next DOOM Details Next Year
12. Re: Next DOOM Details Next Year Jul 19, 2014, 16:07 raVen

Original iD is dead.
John Carmack, John Romero, Tom Hall, and Adrian Carmack have nothing to do with the company any longer.
Now it's just an IP horse that Zenimax is going to beat to death.

Hardcore iD fans already know this Zenimax, I for one don't care about your upcoming games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 11, 2014, 11:31 raVen

I approve  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 10, 2014, 15:31 raVen

so many cuts / fades to black, I doubt he did most of those in one run.
I haven't played GTA V yet though... (Probably when it releases on PC or PS4)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
14. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 4, 2014, 00:52 raVen

Cpmartins: Unless you'd never worn shoes before.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2014, 13:06 raVen

This just in: newly invented shoes (leather skins you put on your feet) are a major improvement over how we do things day to day. Hunters claim that people that have had shoes can no longer live a day without shoes!  

News Comments > DOOM QuakeCon Plans
6. Re: DOOM QuakeCon Plans Jul 2, 2014, 13:17 raVen

who cares?
iD is now just a litigious husk inside the belly of the beast of Zenimax.

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
15. Re: Carmack-Free QuakeCon Jun 13, 2014, 22:17 raVen

Aww! Finally when my schedule is clear and I have cash to go, there's no point.  

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
29. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 21:27 raVen

That way they can get all the network problems fixed 3mo after they ship instead of 6mo.
WHERE DO I NOT SIGN UP. oh here. (BF3 had enough problems I just watched the BF4 fiasco from a far.)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 8, 2014, 23:05 raVen

Comcast should get unplugged from the internet. (More technical terms: All peers should drop all traffic from Comcast.)

Actually, that's probably would it would take to get this bullshit to stop. I'm a Comcast customer, and you know what? I'll go through that pain of no internet at home for a few weeks (months, years) until they get their shit together. Or just switch to a different provider.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
134. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 10:29 raVen

If I have to sign in to Facebook for the oculus rift to work: VR=over.
It'll bungle VR so badly that even Morpheous wouldn't take off.

News Comments > SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play
10. Re: SimCity Patch Adds Offline Play Mar 18, 2014, 16:13 raVen

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 16:08:
No, Blizzard still needs to provide the PC based customers a D3 offline mode like the consolers got. Could care less about the AH, actually think the Gold AH should have stayed, Real Money Auction House was the problem.
At least I can play Hardcore mode now. The itemization from before made it impossible with the random lag spikes. Now that I have decent enough gear I can take a few hits from lag and still live. [I'd Love for D3 in offline mode. - don't get me wrong]

As for SimCity. I might pick it up now. While I don't prefer Origin, as long as it's not doing it's creepy crawly on my HDs, I don't think it's that bad.

News Comments > Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed
52. Re: Deadpool and Other Marvel Removals Confirmed Jan 3, 2014, 03:48 raVen

SmyTTor wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 02:26:
Does no one remember the incidents of Amazon removing books people purchased and downloaded to their Kindles?

It isn't similar to what this situation is (though there are enough posts implying as much), but people shouldn't be surprised at how things play out in an era where the copyright and patent systems, which were created to foster progress and protect culture for society in general, are used as weapons by corporations to exclude people from accessing the very culture they are supposed to have a right to.

And again, this is different because NO ONE had games removed from libraries.

There are still consumer protections in place on digital media.

322 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo