Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14023 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews
14. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews May 14, 2013, 00:21 Jerykk

VG247 has a fair amount of gameplay footage:

Footage

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
21. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 23:08 Jerykk

I assume they'll add a FOV slider and aim-assist toggle to the options in a patch.

Even with those things, I can't say I'm too interested in the game. The first game was far too linear and scripted for my tastes. Also, the AI was pretty terrible and using bullets as currency in a game that revolves around shooting was a really stupid idea.

I wish someone would make another STALKER game with the production values of the Metro games.

News Comments > Square Enix's "Extraordinary" Losses
12. Re: Square Enix's May 13, 2013, 12:27 Jerykk

Step 1: Set realistic sales expectations and budget appropriately.
Step 2: Cancel all Final Fantasy games.
Step 3: Profit!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 May 13, 2013, 02:28 Jerykk

nin wrote on May 12, 2013, 14:39:
Overon wrote on May 12, 2013, 14:08:
Preorder Metro and you get ranger mode? Really so no ranger mode for anyone who does not preorder? You got to be shitting me.

Pretty sure you can buy it later for $5, but it's still fishy. They place the blame on retail contracts, but I'm skeptical of that...

It's true that you have to offer retailer-exclusives if you want to get prominent shelf space and advertising in-store. It's a trend that GameStop started years ago and won't die until retail dies.

News Comments > Bethesda Game Vulnerability
21. Re: Bethesda Game Vulnerability May 12, 2013, 18:10 Jerykk

This seems really dumb. The ES games are all single-player and the only thing the "exploit" does it make the game crash. Also, ESO uses a completely different engine than the other Bethesda games.  

News Comments > On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution
12. Re: On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution May 12, 2013, 06:45 Jerykk

Overon wrote on May 11, 2013, 23:03:
Help me understand the cover shooter. Help me. Right now in real life combat zones, things like walls provide little protection against ballistic weapons. Yet in games like Mass Effect where they accelerate projectiles to super high speeds, stone, brick, and concrete stops them in their tracks. How can the futuristic weapons be so inferior to today's weapons when it comes to ballistic cover. Same goes for these cover shooters like this new Xcom game. To me this contradiction is so glaring that it makes it really difficult to play these games because I just keep thinking "this is stupid" constantly.

There are cover shooters with destructible cover or projectiles that can go through cover. Inversion or Binary Domain, for example. However, you act like invincible cover is limited to third-person shooters. It isn't. Most first-person shooters have invincible cover too. If you don't like unrealistically durable cover, you must not like Half-Life, Duke Nukem, Doom, Wolfenstein, NOLF, System Shock, Bioshock, Far Cry, Crysis, Quake, UT, etc. By that token, you must think Red Faction is the greatest shooter ever made because most of the cover in that series is destructible.

Fletch wrote on May 11, 2013, 17:38:
Third-person... {sigh}.

Does every fucking new game HAVE to get consolized into this shit perspective/genre? And whatever the reasons or rationalizations used by these fucktards to justify turning a FPS into yet another cookie-cutter, cover-systemized, immersion-destroying, controller-limited, over-the-shoulder "action" game for luddites doesn't explain the fact that a FPS X-Com game was completely uninteresting in the first place. As a third-person, it's just console kiddie pablum unworthy of a second glance, even at bargain bin/holiday sale prices.

But hey... some of you Baby Dunce Bucktooth Drool2 Hole might like it.

You act like third-person is inherently console-centric or something. It isn't. Max Payne 1 and 2? Designed for PC. MDK? Designed for PC. Sacrifice? Designed for PC. Deathtrap Dungeon? Designed for PC. Die By the Sword? Designed for PC. Giants? Designed for the PC. Alice? Designed for the PC. Omikron? Designed for the PC. Messiah? Designed for the PC. The Witcher? Designed for the PC. Severance? Designed for PC. Hitman? Designed for PC. Alone in the Dark? Designed for PC.

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point. In a game that emphasizes situational awareness and squad management, using third-person makes sense as it gives you a broader view of your surroundings and allows you to form strategies while in the safety of cover. If The Bureau were trying to be a realistic tactical shooter, ala the original R6, then first-person would be better but third-person makes perfect sense for the kind of game they're making.

Anyway, this looks better than what they showed in 2011.

This comment was edited on May 12, 2013, 06:57.

News Comments > Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage
22. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 18:54 Jerykk

netnerd85 wrote on May 11, 2013, 10:48:
Jerykk wrote on May 11, 2013, 05:51:
It's an IGN guy speaking, not a Ubisoft guy.
And? Still not listening to bullshit. No more lies

You could just watch the video on mute and judge it based on what you see.

11. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 05:51 Jerykk

It's an IGN guy speaking, not a Ubisoft guy.  

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals Video
2. Re: Shadow of the Eternals Video May 11, 2013, 01:40 Jerykk

Not really sure how anyone could fund this given Dyack's involvement. If I recall correctly, he basically ran Silicon Knights into the ground. Now he's asking us to give him money based on good faith?  

9. Re: Watch_Dogs Free-Roaming Footage May 11, 2013, 01:37 Jerykk

Really hope this lives up to its potential. AC had a ton of potential too and then squandered it by making the game play itself.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Trailer
14. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer May 10, 2013, 15:52 Jerykk

Tim wrote on May 10, 2013, 08:35:
Jackplug wrote on May 10, 2013, 03:25:
What annoys me about c&c games is that the camera angle is stuck at too fucking low just so you can watch all the shitty shiny gfx which i dont give a shit abt.

What annoys me is that Supreme Commander showed a whole new way of handling that which is immediately brilliant and yet nobody else has picked up on it (yet.. PA is to come). Ever played it with two monitors? You can dedicate a whole monitor to the battlemap too. Genius. Sigh.

Shiny is cool with me but I absolutely agree that C&C has been marred by ridiculously low views of a fraction of the battlefield.

Anyway, i'm disappointed that whilst this looks very nice I really couldn't give a stuff about multiplayer for RTS' except in co-op against the AI. Then again, i'm hardly drowning in RTS games to play which annoys me even more

C&C is all about micromanagement, much like Starcraft. Trying to manage individual units while the camera is zoomed all the way out would be difficult. Games like SC and Total War are about macromanagement. You don't need precise control over specific units and instead focus on broad movements with large groups of units. Completely different kinds of strategy games.

7. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer May 10, 2013, 03:19 Jerykk

Generals had better gameplay than every other C&C. Gameplay > FMVs.  

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale May 10, 2013, 03:17 Jerykk

I'm pretty sure the publishers are the ones giving the keys to third-party sites. Valve would likely prefer that everyone buy their games directly from Steam but I think they're happy enough if people are just using Steam.  

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 10, 2013, 01:36 Jerykk

Fantaz wrote on May 9, 2013, 22:36:
Now if the game itself actually had a First Person mode, that would be even crazy cooler

The spies vs mercs mode has always had a first-person view for the mercs.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale May 10, 2013, 01:00 Jerykk

They just give you a Steam key like GMG does. One of the cool things about GamersGate is that you earn "Blue Coins" with every purchase, which can then be used to buy more games. The only downside is that you have to have enough Blue Coins for the entire purchase and not just part of it.  

News Comments > Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking
13. Re: Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking May 10, 2013, 00:09 Jerykk

DangerDog wrote on May 9, 2013, 15:19:
I can't blame EA for wanting to cut ties with Steam either, who died and made them god of all pc game distribution?

The millions of people who use Steam, I'm guessing. I'm also guessing that the majority of those people only buy PC games from Steam. Unlike Origin, which people only use because EA slaps it onto all of their games, Steam is used because people like it. Yes, Valve integrates Steamworks into their own games too but they only release games like once every three years, so that isn't really enough incentive to keep people on Steam. Most publishers use Steamworks now because that's what consumers demanded.

Like it or not, Steam and PC gaming are largely synonymous these days.

4. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer May 9, 2013, 23:30 Jerykk

One of the benefits of being F2P is that they'll be forced to actually support the game post-launch and address balancing issues quickly. Generals had a lot of balancing issues and some of the generals were ridiculously OP (namely the air force general and the infantry general).

I'm disappointed by the lack of a proper SP campaign but the game will still have skirmish, which is the mode that most players prefer.

As for monetization, we'll have to see how they handle that. If you have to unlock units/structures/abilities, that will completely ruin the balance of the game.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 9, 2013, 23:23 Jerykk

Dishonored and Skyrim for $15 each is a great deal. Lowest prices yet. $10 for New Vegas Ultimate Edition is a great deal too. If for some twisted reason you have yet to play any of these games, now's a good opportunity to do so.

Hitman: Absolution just dropped to $5 too on Amazon. It's not a very good Hitman game but if you enjoyed Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, you'll probably enjoy Absolution. For $5, you're not exactly taking a huge risk.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2013, 23:35.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior "Reimagining" Announced
10. Re: Shadow Warrior May 9, 2013, 23:21 Jerykk

Interplay owns Shogo. Atari owns Blood. Basically, both of those IPs are dead and buried.

It's not really surprising that Broussard sold the rights. He sold the rights to Max Payne and Duke Nukem Forever as well. I don't think SW ever sold particularly well and never had any sequels, so it's not like it was a huge franchise or anything.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Revival Planned?
20. Re: Shadow Warrior Revival Planned? May 9, 2013, 16:21 Jerykk

Mad Max RW wrote on May 9, 2013, 13:21:
I just got confirmation from a Flying Wild Hog dev they are in fact developing Shadow Warrior.

Edit... looks like the website was updated http://shadowwarrior.com/

They are making the game more in line with the original concept to avoid being labeled as racist. I dunno, I thought Shadow Warrior was hilarious and fun. This will be a wait and see for sure.

Disappointing news if true. SW's appeal was its over-the-top nature, especially for Lo Wang.

14023 Comments. 702 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo