Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14066 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
42. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 15, 2013, 16:45 Jerykk

Games are all about choice. If you enjoy playing stealthy, why would you choose to play any other way? It doesn't make any sense. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you have to. We are never going to see pure stealth games again so you should at least be happy that we're seeing games that at least emphasize stealth and make it a viable way of playing. If you dislike a feature or mechanic that's completely optional, simply don't use it. Self-restraint is a wonderful thing and makes many things in life more enjoyable.

BTW, surface does matter in this new game. As in the originals, different surfaces make different noises. It probably doesn't matter when you're performing a one-button takedown but again, if you're playing stealthy, you shouldn't be taking down anything. If you went around knocking out guards in Thief 1 or 2, you were playing it wrong. You should be complaining about how easy it was to incapacitate guards in those games and that they even made that possible.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2013, 17:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Footage
5. Re: Shadow Warrior Footage Jun 15, 2013, 16:40 Jerykk

Not really digging the enemy designs. Seem kind of bland. I was hoping they'd have ninjas running on/jumping off walls and stuff. Also sad to see that they've toned down Lo Wang and also made him 60 years younger.  

33. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 22:57 Jerykk

I must be the only one who thought the demo looked promising. Yes, the presenter decided to neutralize some guards but it was pretty obvious that it was a choice and not mandatory. Yes, focus mode is pretty OP but they explicitly state that it will be optional and can even be disabled if you lack self-restraint. The AI was the biggest area of concern, as it seemed a bit dumb but the game isn't coming out for a while so I'm hoping it will improve. The level design looked nice and open-ended and the visual style was very Thiefish. As for comparisons to Dishonored, yes, there are similarities. That's because Dishonored was very clearly inspired by Thief. If this game had no similarities to Dishonored, it wouldn't have any similarities to Thief either.

Easily the most annoying thing for me were the hand animations for interactions. I don't want to wait for animations to play out before I can collect loot or open doors. It was annoying in Crysis and I'm sure it will be even more annoying in Thief, given how much loot you'll be grabbing.

6. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 12:26 Jerykk

Now visual hit points....REALLY?! I hope you can turn that off in settings.

If you see the visual hit spots, that means you're in combat. If you're playing a stealth game and you're in combat, that means you're doing it wrong.

Really, I couldn't care less what they do with the combat because I don't plan on ever fighting anyone. As long as I can ghost my way through the game, I'm happy.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Jun 14, 2013, 03:26 Jerykk

EA needs to get rid of Bioware Points. That shit is beyond retarded and they never go on sale, meaning the DLC for Bioware games never goes on sale. I'd love to play the ME3 DLC but I'm not paying $40+ for it.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs
25. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs Jun 13, 2013, 04:08 Jerykk

I'd be surprised if this was free for owners of the original game. It will likely be $5 DLC or something.

Eidos has demonstrated recently that they don't exactly have their finger on the pulse of their games and fans, ie: basically stating the new Tomb Raider was a failure to them, despite it outselling all the previous games, and recently announcing a new Deus Ex game for mobile.

Too true. Their handling of DLC has been terrible. They release Tomb Raider and players almost universally complain about the lack of tombs and puzzles. So what do they do? They release a bunch of DLC for the multiplayer mode that nobody plays. Same deal with Hitman Absolution. Players complain about the lack of large, non-linear levels focused on assassination. So what does Square do? Release a bunch of costumes and weapons that can't even be used in the story mode. So many wasted opportunities for DLC that could have redeemed their respective games.

News Comments > Deadfall Adventures Delayed to September
4. Re: Deadfall Adventures Delayed to September Jun 13, 2013, 03:16 Jerykk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2IIkKVNV0  

News Comments > New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced
5. Re: New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced Jun 12, 2013, 12:28 Jerykk

This is also coming out for PC.

Edit: Whoops, Blue already mentioned that.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
28. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 12, 2013, 02:47 Jerykk

Also, I don't consider this a teaser at all. Or is any trailer that doesn't have gameplay footage called a teaser these days?

Yes. A teaser trailer is basically a trailer with no substance. It exists solely to let you know that product exists, rather than convey any meaningful information regarding that product. That's why I don't like teaser trailers. An actual gameplay trailer would achieve both goals. It would raise awareness AND convey useful information.

Ubisoft did it right with Watch_Dogs. No worthless teasers. The first thing they showed was a lengthy gameplay demo. Same with The Division. All games should do this, as it has a much, much greater impact than a teaser.

DA2 may not have been the game it should've been, but it was still a 'good' game imo.

No, it really wasn't. The combat encounters were terribly designed. Whoever thought that spawning waves of enemies out of thin air was a good idea should be shot. I can understand why they recycled the same areas over and over. With such a short dev cycle, it simply isn't feasible to create as much content. However, there's no excuse for terrible combat encounter design.

17. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 04:05 Jerykk

Quinn wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 03:53:
Familiar faces!

I liked this CGI trailer. It's not like we've been waiting for this game for years and expected it to be about out by now, and instead get a non-gameplay trailer (think Thief 4).

I don't get the complaining, tbh. I personally didn't expect to see anything yet so this trailer was a pleasant little surprise. And since the game is 1,5 years away, no shit they don't show us gameplay yet.

If a trailer doesn't show gameplay, it's basically worthless. There's nothing pleasant about a teaser trailer. It's just a waste of time. Either show gameplay or don't show anything at all.

News Comments > New Star Wars Battlefront Announced
16. Re: New Star Wars Battlefront Announced Jun 11, 2013, 03:28 Jerykk

Origin isn't terrible. It has cloud saves, automatic updates standalone installers and unless a game specifically requires Origin, you only need to use Origin to install it. After that, you never have to use Origin again.

The real issue is that people like having all their games in one library. For most people, that library is Steam. When you don't make a game available on Steam, you're forcing them to create another library and split up their games. That's inconvenient and really unnecessary when EA could just adopt Steam like every other publisher (except Ubisoft).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 11, 2013, 01:37 Jerykk

Bethesda accepts money for timed Xbox DLC exclusivity because they think it will be more profitable than releasing the DLC for all platforms at the same time. They believe this because every game since Oblivion has sold significantly more on Xbox than on PS3 or PC. If PC version of Skyrim outsold the Xbox and PS3 versions, then it doesn't make any sense to delay the PC DLC when its potential profits are higher than whatever bribes MS offers.

As for the impact of delays on sales, that's pretty well established already. When has a delayed port ever sold better than the original release? Why do you think MS pays for timed exclusivity in the first place? They do it to hurt competing platforms. People are impatient. If they want something, they want it as soon as possible. If they have to choose between getting it immediately or waiting a month, they'll get it immediately.

14. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 23:47 Jerykk

Not sure why publishers bother with these teasers. Nobody likes them. Either show gameplay or wait until you have gameplay to show.

On a side note, good to see Morrigan back. Hopefully the gameplay from DAO will be back as well.

News Comments > Titanfall Announced
62. Re: Titanfall Announced Jun 10, 2013, 23:44 Jerykk

If MS doesn't drop their price down to $400, they're screwed.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced
17. Re: Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced Jun 10, 2013, 23:42 Jerykk

Mirror's Edge was great. The time trials really exposed the depth of the traversal mechanics. I hope this reboot doesn't dumb any of that down in favor of more combat. Also, I hope it's open-world.  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Trailer; Beta Signups
3. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer; Beta Signups Jun 10, 2013, 23:36 Jerykk

Not sure if I like what they've done with Dr. Thrax. In the original game, he was neurotic and sinister. In this one, he seems like he's high.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage
20. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Footage Jun 10, 2013, 02:31 Jerykk

Guys, this game is revolutionary and a completely new experience. It has a Hollywood writer, a dog, a faster mantling system and fish that move out of your way while you swim. Amazing!

On a more serious note, I'm not sure how Geoff Keighley and that chick can consider themselves journalists when they are very clearly just marketing shills.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 2013, 02:42.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2013, 02:25 Jerykk

It's a great game that's sadly been overlooked by most people due to its complete lack of hype and marketing. If you enjoy CRPGs, there's a 98% chance you'll enjoy Expeditions. The historical setting was a big draw to me since 99% of RPGs are either fantasy or sci-fi but the writing and gameplay are what keep me playing. It has the exploration of HOMM, the roleplaying and loyalty system of Dragon Age and the combat and resource management of XCOM.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 10, 2013, 02:23 Jerykk

If Bethesda's next game still has timed DLC exclusivity for the Xbox, then we'll know which platform Skyrim sold best on.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 8, 2013, 17:47 Jerykk

I grabbed it. Good stuff. Kind of like HOMM + Dragon Age. Exploration is kind of annoying due to the extremely limited camera (it can barely zoom and can't tilt at all). Combat is fun and the writing is well done. There are also quite a few interesting choices to make.  

14066 Comments. 704 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo