Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 14602 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
42. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 8, 2015, 05:00 Jerykk

Kosumo wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 00:49:
What do you make of the game in genral Jerykk?

I know you have been a long time fan of the series.

(I'm loving it)

I think it's definitely better than FO3. Better combat, better writing, better speech checks, better graphics. FNV is still a much better RPG and Fallout game in general, but FO4 is good for what it is: a big open world that's fun to explore.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
37. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 23:28 Jerykk

Blackhawk wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 19:47:
Just to clarify the 'was it intentional' bit, this was not a case of a new process making mods malfunction as has happened with every TES/FO update. This isn't compatibility. This functionality was absolutely intentional. They removed the built in manager from the launcher and added a function to the launcher to remove all entries from the Plugins.txt file, which serves only to tell the engine what mods to load. You can set up mods, but if you then use the launcher it will remove them. The file in question isn't used for anything but mods.

The only way this was accidental was if it was something they wanted for the beta test that they forgot to disable in the release version.

Short of that, this was Bethesda deciding that they didn't want people modding the game and disabling that function.

Of course the serious modders can still do so. They have learned the engine very, very well over the course of the last few games. The casual user, however, is just going to find their ability to play with mods gone.

I was already experiencing this before the patch. The launcher would reset my plugins.txt file. My solution was to edit it then set it to read-only.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition
15. Re: Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition Dec 7, 2015, 04:01 Jerykk

Wetworks24 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 09:15:
harlock wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 08:10:
Wetworks24 wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 23:14:
harlock wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 08:04:
Wetworks24 wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 05:43:
The melee combat in this game looks more simplistic than Skyrim, I didn't think that was possible. I don't understand why these first person open world rpg's don't just rip off the combat of Chivalry or Mount & Blade. This just looks like mash A to club someone to death, or chain insta 1 hit kills. Doesn't look fun at all.

dying light has WAY better first person melee than those games..

on that note, im hoping they make an open world PRG with that engine, the movement and combat is fucking perfect

The combat in dying light works because you are fighting mindless zombies who just swarm you. I'm talking about fighting intelligent human opponents who feint, block, parry, and have various melee styles and weapons. You need a more complex system than Dying Light for the game I'm talking about.

you clearly havent played it because there are intelligent humans that feint, block and parry and have various melee styles and weapons.

so, get a fucking clue first, then we'll talk

Doubtful, can you control the direction of your swing? Can you use your left or right hand independently for different attacks? Don't think so, I have over 50 hrs in Dead Island and I doubt the combat has evolved much beyond that.

It's the same kick them to knock them down and stomp on their head for an insta kill combat that grew tiresome in Dead Island.

Talk to me when you play a real game that takes actual skill not mashing the attack button like a spaz.

Like I said before, fighting humans in Dying Light is way more involved than fighting zombies, especially when multiple humans are involved. They will block and dodge your attacks, so timing and positioning are key. And no, you can't just knock them down and do a headstomp for a instakill. You also have a lot more moves than you did in DI, from drop kicks to reversals and slide kicks.

The combat in Dying Light may not be as complex as Mount & Blade but it certainly isn't a mindless mash fest (especially considering that attacks consume stamina).

News Comments > Hitman Beta in February
2. Re: Hitman Beta in February Dec 7, 2015, 01:47 Jerykk

No, there was a closed alpha. Some videos of it were leaked but no actual builds, as far as I know. There was a giant watermark in the middle of the screen that was unique to your Steam account so leaking it would have been too risky.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition
10. Re: Far Cry Primal Deluxe Edition Dec 6, 2015, 00:10 Jerykk

Wetworks24 wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 23:14:
harlock wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 08:04:
Wetworks24 wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 05:43:
The melee combat in this game looks more simplistic than Skyrim, I didn't think that was possible. I don't understand why these first person open world rpg's don't just rip off the combat of Chivalry or Mount & Blade. This just looks like mash A to club someone to death, or chain insta 1 hit kills. Doesn't look fun at all.

dying light has WAY better first person melee than those games..

on that note, im hoping they make an open world PRG with that engine, the movement and combat is fucking perfect

The combat in dying light works because you are fighting mindless zombies who just swarm you. I'm talking about fighting intelligent human opponents who feint, block, parry, and have various melee styles and weapons. You need a more complex system than Dying Light for the game I'm talking about.

There are human enemies in Dying Light that block, dodge and parry, as well as use throwing weapons and guns. Fighting them is way more involved than fighting the zombies and way more involved than anything I've seen in Primal.

On a side note, Primal looks like pretty formulaic Far Cry game. The setting is unique but the gameplay doesn't seem very different from Far Cry 4. Hopefully they just haven't revealed the interesting stuff yet.

News Comments > Shadwen Announced
7. Re: Shadwen Announced Dec 5, 2015, 17:47 Jerykk

Wow, didn't expect such overblown reactions. This isn't a AAA game and it's not supposed to be bright and colorful like Trine, so it looks pretty much how I'd expect it to look for an indie game using a medieval setting. In terms of gameplay, it looks fine to me. It showcases multiple ways to evade or neutralize guards and the rewind mechanic is a nice way to avoid fail state frustration. The AI will be a big factor in how compelling the game is and wasn't really shown in the trailer but it's entirely premature to say the game sucks.

What's weird to me is that they didn't just make this a Trine spinoff where you play as the Thief. The Thief was always my favorite character and a stealth spinoff seems like a no-brainer.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
28. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 5, 2015, 05:17 Jerykk

Ctrl will cancel the grapple.  

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Announced
19. Re: Psychonauts 2 Announced Dec 5, 2015, 04:49 Jerykk

saluk wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 22:14:
Nope. From now on I only crowdfund real indie devs. Their project may blow up in flames, but at least I won't actually have any expectations up front, and I like to see people with a dream who are struggling to realize it at least have a shot. Bonus if I like their communication style prior to the campaign (devlog etc) or know them in person.

Not interested in double A or whatever you would call this kind of crowdfunding.

If you want Psychonauts 2 to happen, this is the only way. EA, Activision, Ubisoft, WB, 2K, etc, have no interest in funding anything like this and DF barely has enough money to keep the studio afloat.

Kxmode wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 17:16:
Legally Broken Age and Spacebase DF-9 backers can seek recourse against Double Fine for failing to deliver what was promised.

How's that? Broken Age was completed and released. Backers got the game they backed. Was it on time? Nope. Was it as good as everyone had hoped it would be? Nope (but it was still a solid effort). But it was an adventure game that was finished and released. I'm not sure how backers would have any legal claim against DF for that.

As for Spacebase DF-9, that was never on Kickstarter to begin with. It was an early access game. Steam explicitly warns customers that they should buy early access games for what they are rather than what they might be in the future. It was buggy and unfinished while in early access so people got what they paid for. If you could sue a company for releasing buggy and unfinished games, companies like Bethesda or Obsidian would be out of business.

"No one's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to give money to a company you feel might have wronged you" is such overgeneralized hyperbole. Holding a gun to someone's head and forcing them to give a company money IS NOT THE SAME as being cautious about about company pitching a game who has a history of NOT DELIVERY TWO PRIOR PITCHED PROJECTS.

Again, what are you talking about? Broken Age was delivered. DF said they were going to make an adventure game and they did just that. It was 10-15 hours long, had a great art style, good writing and variable puzzle design. Spacebase DF-9 was released. It was an early access game (not a Kickstarter project) that was buggy and didn't have all of the features that people wanted or expected. It was then pushed out the door and abandoned because it wasn't generating enough revenue. Welcome to game development.

When it comes to crowdfunding, DF has had two projects: Broken Age and Massive Chalice. Both were delivered. They may not have been as good as people hoped but they were delivered.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2015, 05:08.

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Dec 4, 2015, 00:48 Jerykk

LittleMe wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 23:04:
F4: what a very sad patch log. In three weeks a team of 100 people cranked this out. NOT. Bethesda, Bethesda never changes.

You do realize that animators, riggers, vfx artists, sound designers, level designers, gameplay designers, environmental artists and character artists have nothing to do with fixing technical bugs, right?

News Comments > PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed
6. Re: PC Shadow Complex Remastered Revealed Dec 2, 2015, 12:24 Jerykk

Windows 10 exclusive?  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
28. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 23:16 Jerykk

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 18:35:
NKD wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:04:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 16:59:
I'm more concerned with the online DRM causing interruptions than loading a huge open world taking a bit... I guess that means it's time to wait a few months for them to get their full value from inconveniencing paying customers to prevent piracy before they finally relent and remove it.

Not sure what online DRM you're talking about. Game runs fine offline.

Excuse me, "persistent online features." Several reviews mention how goddamned annoying it is because their servers suck, and the offline mode isn't really an offline mode as it frequently attempts to reconnect upon such common actions as opening the map or pausing. It's the early days of Uplay all over again.

That isn't DRM. Publishers genuinely believe that customers care about socially connected experiences

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues
27. Re: Just Cause 3 Released; No Multi-GPU Support and Other Issues Dec 1, 2015, 23:14 Jerykk

PHJF wrote on Dec 1, 2015, 17:28:
I would be very curious as to how many of us blues crew here actually run multi GPU setups.

I would if I wasn't so poor. To a layman, a single powerful card is pretty much always better than two lesser cards... so SLI, exactly like GSync, is only useful to the people who can afford top-end equipment in the first place.

Even if you have the money, SLI/Crossfire isn't a very good investment. Many games either do not support it or have problems when using it. I had a dual GPU card a years ago and was only able to effectively use both GPUs about 50% of the time. Things haven't really changed since then.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2015, 19:55 Jerykk

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 11:01:
Considering the critical beating SWBF is taking and how players are reporting a severe disinterest in the game hours after purchasing it.. EA should do something (other than release 1 more world map) to get and possibly keep players.

As it stands now, the game has very little long term appeal, there's not much "gotta get back to playing" feel to this title.. and the community will suffer. It should've been a 30 dollar title, with very cheap DLC. In act, whatever DLC is coming next, should've been included in the main release. However, if we're making a list of "should'ves" .. there's about 20 of them..but they are game-changing, so that won't happen in the future anyhow

Reviews are largely irrelevant for Battlefront. People bought it because of nostalgia for the original films, not because of the gameplay. Swap out the IP and nobody would have any interest in the game.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2015, 23:44 Jerykk

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 22:28:
Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 19:26:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:33:
EA has a golden opportunity to get more players into SWBF in time for next month and their failure to drop the price is absolute stupidity.

Uh, why would they lower the price when the game is already selling very well? The whole point of discounts is to stimulate sales. If sales are already high, there's no need for further stimulation.

According to what was expected it is NOT selling well. And according to The Know's research EA's claims aren't exactly true. There's a lot of half-truths and BS, obviously to win over investor confidence during Q4.

GameStop's statement is based solely on their own internal numbers. They don't have access to sales numbers from Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon, Origin, XBL, PSN, etc. The video you linked is based on pure speculation, with the assumption that the game has sold, at a bare minimum, 1.5 million units. In all likelihood, total sales figures are probably at least 2 million by now and will no doubt increase substantially with the release of the new film and Christmas right around the corner.

So no, it's way too early to discount the game when they aren't even nearly finished milking full-price sales.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2015, 19:26 Jerykk

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 17:33:
EA has a golden opportunity to get more players into SWBF in time for next month and their failure to drop the price is absolute stupidity.

Uh, why would they lower the price when the game is already selling very well? The whole point of discounts is to stimulate sales. If sales are already high, there's no need for further stimulation.

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
41. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 07:00 Jerykk

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:21:
Oh about "Boo hoo bad sale", I'm seeing some best deals I've seen on the following games...

DAI - $15
Witcher 3 - $30
Dying Light - $20
Wolf New Order - $9
Dungeons 2 - $10
Cities - $15
Ark - $18 (Game is still a top seller)
Elite - $15
Mad Max - $30

Wtf is one expecting? And yes this isn't the Winter sale...

The winter sale will very likely have the same discounts at this sale. They're only a month apart, after all.

News Comments > System Shock Remake Screenshots
23. Re: System Shock Remake Screenshots Nov 27, 2015, 06:54 Jerykk

InBlack wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 04:15:
Zoom wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 03:44:
If you want a 'modern' remake of SS2 that's pretty much Dead Space. The scenario and ending of SS2 are quite grim compared to DS though, but DS adds more personality to the main protagonist.

Apart from the similar setting, Dead Space is nothing like SS2.

This. Bioshock is probably the closest thing to SS2 in terms of high-level design. They streamlined the RPG elements considerably but the structure of the game and even the plot twists are basically the same.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
25. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 03:21 Jerykk

Min specs are always overblown and Avalanche has a history of well-optimized PC games. All of the JC3 footage shown thus far has been from the PC build and there's plenty of 60 FPS footage on Youtube.

On a side note, the 670 is over 3 years old. That seems pretty reasonable for a min spec requirement.

News Comments > One Hour Just Cause 3 Trailer
6. Re: One Hour Just Cause 3 Trailer Nov 25, 2015, 03:13 Jerykk

Not sure what the point of this is. Hours of non-spoilery gameplay has already been shown on Youtube and Twitch.

Also pretty sure this is PC footage. All the footage they've shown thus far has been PC (using an Xbox controller). Haven't seen any performance issues in the 60 FPS footage I've seen.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 23, 2015, 13:35 Jerykk

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:55:
I many be biased, but there is no way that this shit hole of a game is better then Fallout 4.

Star Wars is a much bigger IP than Fallout. In addition, Battlefront caters specifically to fans of the original films. The nostalgia is strong with this one.

14602 Comments. 731 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo