Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 13930 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black May 10, 2013, 01:36 Jerykk

Fantaz wrote on May 9, 2013, 22:36:
Now if the game itself actually had a First Person mode, that would be even crazy cooler

The spies vs mercs mode has always had a first-person view for the mercs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale May 10, 2013, 01:00 Jerykk

They just give you a Steam key like GMG does. One of the cool things about GamersGate is that you earn "Blue Coins" with every purchase, which can then be used to buy more games. The only downside is that you have to have enough Blue Coins for the entire purchase and not just part of it.  

News Comments > Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking
13. Re: Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking May 10, 2013, 00:09 Jerykk

DangerDog wrote on May 9, 2013, 15:19:
I can't blame EA for wanting to cut ties with Steam either, who died and made them god of all pc game distribution?

The millions of people who use Steam, I'm guessing. I'm also guessing that the majority of those people only buy PC games from Steam. Unlike Origin, which people only use because EA slaps it onto all of their games, Steam is used because people like it. Yes, Valve integrates Steamworks into their own games too but they only release games like once every three years, so that isn't really enough incentive to keep people on Steam. Most publishers use Steamworks now because that's what consumers demanded.

Like it or not, Steam and PC gaming are largely synonymous these days.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Trailer
4. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer May 9, 2013, 23:30 Jerykk

One of the benefits of being F2P is that they'll be forced to actually support the game post-launch and address balancing issues quickly. Generals had a lot of balancing issues and some of the generals were ridiculously OP (namely the air force general and the infantry general).

I'm disappointed by the lack of a proper SP campaign but the game will still have skirmish, which is the mode that most players prefer.

As for monetization, we'll have to see how they handle that. If you have to unlock units/structures/abilities, that will completely ruin the balance of the game.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale May 9, 2013, 23:23 Jerykk

Dishonored and Skyrim for $15 each is a great deal. Lowest prices yet. $10 for New Vegas Ultimate Edition is a great deal too. If for some twisted reason you have yet to play any of these games, now's a good opportunity to do so.

Hitman: Absolution just dropped to $5 too on Amazon. It's not a very good Hitman game but if you enjoyed Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, you'll probably enjoy Absolution. For $5, you're not exactly taking a huge risk.

This comment was edited on May 9, 2013, 23:35.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior "Reimagining" Announced
10. Re: Shadow Warrior May 9, 2013, 23:21 Jerykk

Interplay owns Shogo. Atari owns Blood. Basically, both of those IPs are dead and buried.

It's not really surprising that Broussard sold the rights. He sold the rights to Max Payne and Duke Nukem Forever as well. I don't think SW ever sold particularly well and never had any sequels, so it's not like it was a huge franchise or anything.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Revival Planned?
20. Re: Shadow Warrior Revival Planned? May 9, 2013, 16:21 Jerykk

Mad Max RW wrote on May 9, 2013, 13:21:
I just got confirmation from a Flying Wild Hog dev they are in fact developing Shadow Warrior.

Edit... looks like the website was updated http://shadowwarrior.com/

They are making the game more in line with the original concept to avoid being labeled as racist. I dunno, I thought Shadow Warrior was hilarious and fun. This will be a wait and see for sure.

Disappointing news if true. SW's appeal was its over-the-top nature, especially for Lo Wang.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Single-Player Only
23. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Single-Player Only May 9, 2013, 12:39 Jerykk

Fantaz wrote on May 9, 2013, 03:59:
COD teaches kids not to give a shit about SP and only buy/play games for MP only... they're gonna buy this and be all like, WTF? No MP, killstreaks? No DLC/achievements? arrr .. well in our day we didn't have MP! only dial up BBS where we downloaded FREE mods, like Aliens TC for Doom. Know what that is? i guess u dont..

I'm fairly sure this game will have both DLC and achievements.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
11. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 9, 2013, 12:37 Jerykk

Eh... they're basically just re-using Steelport and adding some new weapons/abilities. Color me disappointed. The fact that this used to be an expansion pack is all too obvious. Seems like THQ just relabeled it as a sequel because they needed money ASAP and sequels sell better than expansions.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Revival Planned?
15. Re: Shadow Warrior Revival Planned? May 9, 2013, 12:25 Jerykk

Chicken po po po!  

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
111. Re: removed May 9, 2013, 00:07 Jerykk

At the very least, pronounce it "wolf-en-stine." "Steen" is just terrible.

And yes, it can be awkward to use proper pronunciations during casual conversation, unless you're speaking to people who are aware of your obsession with proper pronunciation. If you're really concerned, it's okay to use the butchered English pronunciations. However, you should never try to correct someone and then cite the incorrect pronunciation as the correct one.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Single-Player Only
7. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Single-Player Only May 8, 2013, 23:27 Jerykk

While I'm sure that many will be disappointed that they aren't going to make a proper successor to ET, think of it like this: they clearly weren't going to put any effort into MP anyway, so at least now they aren't wasting time or money on a tacked on mode. Maybe the SP campaign will actually be longer than 5 hours as a result.  

109. Re: removed May 8, 2013, 23:12 Jerykk

BTW, in English is is pronounced Heck-ler and Coke. So many people say Cotch, but it's Coke.

That's incorrect as well. It's pronounced "kohgghhh." It's a German name and therefore, only the German pronunciation is correct. Claiming that there's an English pronunciation is silly because it isn't an English name. It's like how people pronounce Wolfenstein as "wolf-en-steen." No. It's "volf-en-shtine." If you're not pronouncing it like that, you're doing it wrong.

42. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 05:10 Jerykk

Stricter gun control isn't going to reduce crime because criminals don't care about the law. Most of the guns used in crimes are already obtained illegally. Washington D.C. has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, yet it also has a significantly higher murder and violent crime rate than any other state, including those that have incredibly lax gun laws like Texas and Florida. There is no statistical correlation between gun control and crime.

If you want to reduce crime, you need to look at the factors that breed criminals in the first place. Poverty is the most obvious one. Abusive and/or negligent parenting is another. Address these two issues and crime will drop. Wasting taxpayer money trying to enforce gun control won't change anything (as the prevalence of narcotics can attest to).

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale May 8, 2013, 02:17 Jerykk

For some reason, Iron Brigade is never included in any of the Double Fine bundles or sales. I'm guessing it's because MS published it and probably owns the IP, whereas DF has full control over the rest of their franchises.  

News Comments > Death to Spies 3 Fundraiser
6. Re: Death to Spies 3 Fundraiser May 7, 2013, 23:26 Jerykk

You should try Moment of Truth. It's significantly better than the first one. It's like the jump between Hitman 1 and 2.

Anyway, it looks like this fundraiser is already DOA. Barely $200 in the first day. Shame, as the last game was great and the world always need more stealth games. If the game gets enough media coverage, maybe publishers will start showing interest.

News Comments > EA Financials
7. Re: EA Financials May 7, 2013, 23:23 Jerykk

I suspect SimCity will continue to sell for quite some time, just like every other Sim game. Its lifetime sales will likely be at least 5-6 million (not including the inevitable expansions). If the game were available on Steam and didn't have worthless DRM, it would have likely sold 2-3 million by now.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced
42. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 23:15 Jerykk

Wolfenstein has always been an interesting mix of history, sci-fi and occult fantasy. I'm hoping they haven't done away with the occult part in this one.

On a side note, Warren Spector tweeted his outrage over the game, calling it juvenile and immature and whatnot. If this were 2000, his words would mean something. After DX:IW and two Epic Mickeys, his cred is pretty much gone.

This comment was edited on May 7, 2013, 23:21.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer
13. Re: Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer May 7, 2013, 23:11 Jerykk

KTR wrote on May 7, 2013, 21:38:
Jerykk wrote on May 7, 2013, 16:25:
It looks like the game still takes place in Steelport, which is disappointing. Makes me think this will be more of an expansion pack than a true sequel.

It looks like an expansion pack because it was initially to be a standalone expansion pack to SR3, similar to Episodes to Liberty City.

Yeah, I know. I was hoping that they would just take the work they did on the expansion and add it to a proper sequel. Instead, it looks like they just renamed the expansion and called it a day.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer
10. Re: Saints Row 4 Meet the President Trailer May 7, 2013, 16:25 Jerykk

It looks like the game still takes place in Steelport, which is disappointing. Makes me think this will be more of an expansion pack than a true sequel.  

13930 Comments. 697 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo