Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jerykk

Real Name Jerykk   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jerykk
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Apr 23, 2004, 02:42
Total Comments 13831 (Ninja)
User ID 20715

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
11. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 23:10 Jerykk

Too early to judge. I had doubts about DX:HR and Blacklist too but those turned out very nicely.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Splinter Cell Blacklist Homeland DLC
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Splinter Cell Blacklist Homeland DLC Sep 25, 2013, 23:08 Jerykk

The two missions are worth about $5. The rest is pretty useless.  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior to Get More Wang
6. Re: Shadow Warrior to Get More Wang Sep 24, 2013, 23:21 Jerykk

Hopefully they'll lift the review embargo tomorrow. If I preorder the game, I can get it for $20. If I have to wait for reviews post-launch, I won't.  

News Comments > More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week
26. Re: More on Steam Living Room Plans Next Week Sep 23, 2013, 01:34 Jerykk

$1500 every three years? What? Why would you do that? If you want to stay high end, that means a new videocard every 3-4 years and a new CPU ever 4-5 years. No need to buy anything else (except a new mobo and memory if the CPU requires it). In no way does that add up to $1500 every 3 years.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles
41. Re: Dark Souls II PCs After Consoles Sep 21, 2013, 03:45 Jerykk

Dark Souls PC isn't the worst port ever. That title probably goes to RE4 PC, which originally shipped without any lighting effects. I kid you not, they either forgot to bake the lighting into the levels or they were using the wrong shader for the materials. Either way, it was an atrocious issue that somehow made it into the shipped game. Also, there was no mouse support at all, even though the game was basically a shooter.  

News Comments > 25 More Steam Greenlights
14. Re: 25 More Steam Greenlights Sep 19, 2013, 23:07 Jerykk

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 17:18:
The instant it's available to pre-order directly on Steam, I'm buying NextCarGame. Hope they have the pre-order price available for a little bit at that point.

Bugbear games have already been on Steam, why did they have to get this one greenlit? Is it because they don't have a publisher?

Yep.

News Comments > Op Ed
77. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2013, 23:05 Jerykk

Overreactions beget overreactions. Feminists overreacted to the mention of rape in a web comic whose punchline had nothing to do with rape. The PA guys overreacted to that by making T-shirts featuring the mythical Dickwolves.

What's humorous/sad is that neither side recognizes the absurdity of all this. They both think their reactions were perfectly justified and in no way excessive. Now RPS is overreacting by boycotting PAX. The cycle continues.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
64. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 03:37 Jerykk

StaTik wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 02:58:
RS's reason for not putting out the PC version at the same time as the console version is simple. They create demand for the PC port as well as generate publicity for the game. Every time news is posted for GTA5 the forums light up with buzz about the PC port. It's the same concept as short production runs on consoles for pre-orders. The more a person thinks they can't have something the more they will want it. This creates frenzy buying for console copy's and ensures that there will be a boat load of people waiting with $60 in there hand on PC release day.

Except that's not really true. The vast majority of console players will only buy the game for consoles. The reason why they're console gamers in the first place is because they simply prefer consoles (or can't afford a gaming rig). Buying the PC version isn't an option for them. Then you have the minority of gamers who game on all platforms. Of these, the ones who really want to play the game will buy it on consoles at full price, then maybe buy the PC version when it goes on sale for $10 a year later.

When you delay a port, you are basically guaranteeing reduced sales. By the time the PC version comes out, all the hype will have already died. GTAV will be old news and the people who really wanted to play it will have already done so. Opinions of the game will be more jaded and cynical than they were when hype was still in effect. That's the reason why publishers generally try to launch games simultaneously on all platforms. It's the reason why the PC version of Dragon Age was delayed for a year so it could be released at the same time as the console versions.

Rockstar's decision to delay the PC version of GTAV is simply stupid. It will only result in reduced sales of the PC version, whereas a simultaneous release would have guaranteed maximum sales.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
61. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 01:20 Jerykk

OTOH, the console exclusive stuff is pretty shitty. It also makes perfect economic sense - multiplatform owners will be inclined to get a console version making microsoft and sony happy, rockstar gets to pocket the incentive cash, and the pc only player wont NOT buy it just because it's a few months later - but I begrudge it. I really really begrudge it.

Except it doesn't really make any sense. MS and Sony would only benefit if the game were exclusive to their respective consoles, which it is not. Neither of them benefit from keeping the game off PC because that isn't their direct competition. Rockstar doesn't benefit either, as they're missing out on PC sales (with a significantly higher profit margin due to the benefits of digital distribution).

Rockstar just makes really peculiar business decisions. Almost every game they've made has had a delayed release on PC. They typically don't even announce the PC version until after the console releases. This might make sense if the PC versions all sold like crap but the PC version of Max Payne 3 was released at the same time as the console versions, so obviously that isn't the case.

On a side note, I still don't really understand all the hype for GTA5 or the series in general. The open-world action genre has come a long way since GTA3 and the series just feels stagnant now. Hell, GTAV is basically just reusing the same setting as San Andreas. The actual gameplay mechanics haven't improved much either. Combat and traversal are completely mediocre and uninteresting. So why all the hype? If this wasn't called GTAV and was a new IP instead, would you still care?

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2013, 01:25.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Sep 12, 2013, 22:53 Jerykk

Activision's sales wouldn't be so bad if they didn't price everything so high to begin with. $20 for the first CoD, TimeShift and Gun (all of which are 6-7 years old? $30 for Singularity? $50 for the Spider-Man movie tie-in?

Come on, Activision.

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Boxed Edition Possible
11. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Boxed Edition Possible Sep 10, 2013, 05:16 Jerykk

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:07:
Cutter wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 21:58:
Steam version is Uplay too.

Yeah I just read that on the FC3 Steam forums, what a shame. At that point, might as well get the Uplay only version, and have one less DRM Layer.

The benefit of getting the Steam version is that it automatically works with the Steam overlay. If you get the Uplay version, you have to manually create a Steam shortcut to the game.

But yeah, Uplay is pretty lame. Really wish Ubisoft would just ditch it and switch to Steamworks.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 9, 2013, 23:22 Jerykk

Outlast was pretty good, though the beginning of the game is significantly scarier than the rest. It doesn't take long to figure out the mechanics and once you do, success becomes more of a routine than anything else. Still, the atmosphere is great and the story is generally interesting. They did a great job with the camcorder implementation as well.  

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
11. Re: DayZ Video Blog Sep 9, 2013, 02:59 Jerykk

jimnms wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 00:44:
I don't understand why they didn't go with the ArmA III engine for this. There were already early videos of ArmA III before they announced they were doing a stand alone game.

DayZ was already using ArmA2 as a base. Porting it over to ArmA3 would have taken a lot more work.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: GOG Linux Sep 8, 2013, 20:03 Jerykk

Not supporting Linux makes sense from a financial standpoint. The Linux gamer userbase is so tiny that it wouldn't really be worth the costs involved in porting the games to Linux. I imagine that GOG's profit margin is already small enough as it is.  

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 18:06 Jerykk

I think the best incentive to not shoot on sight is to give players stuff to build (which the devs are already working on). When players feel like they are working towards a common goal, they are far less likely to kill each other.  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2013, 18:00 Jerykk

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 14:35:
Panickd wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 14:05:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 09:49:
Week 3 no Skyrim. The world is a darker place....

Well, I am fairly sure every human being on earth has a copy of Skyrim at this point.

I have 2. One on the PS3 and one on the PC. Buying it on the PS3 was a mistake but my kid seemed to like it.

I feel sorry for all the folks that bought Total War: Rome II. You can't blame them for pre-ordering given the track record of the devs of those games but it was an absolute trainwreck by most accounts.

Yeah, I've read some posts that helped me to avoid it but then I've been locked out of my Steam account for two weeks with no reply to either of the two tickets I created. So like a dumbass I thought I'd buy Blacklist from a German site for about $22 US. It stated you need an active Uplay account. I have used Uplay before. It was bad back then... well, somehow they've made it even worse. LoL
For the past two hours I have tried to figure out why I am forced to bounce off a Proxy IP to access their shit server and finally gain access to Blacklist.
Even more ironic is the fact that my ISP speeds are just under 60mbps yet it looks as if it's going to take most of the day (maybe the night also) to download the game. Another lesson learned.
Ah, well. I guess my luck is just shit lately for some reason.

Shame about your server issues. Blacklist is a great game and a return to form for the series. Definitely worth playing if you can overcome your technical problems.

News Comments > Wangtastic Shadow Warrior Trailer
10. Re: Wangtastic Shadow Warrior Trailer Sep 7, 2013, 17:00 Jerykk

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 12:12:
As little as I played Shadow Warrior, what they showed is all well and good, except 1 small thing. The voice work. Where the fuck is the guy from the first game?

This Lo Wang is significantly younger than the one from the first game, so using the same voice actor would make less sense. Also, this one is much less stereotypical. I believe the voice actor in the first game was actually a white dude.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Gaming is a mature hobby for resonable adults and not righteous manchildren, or not Sep 7, 2013, 04:19 Jerykk

While I don't necessarily approve of how Mike has handled the whole controversy, the fact that "dickwolves" are even an issue in the first place is just sad. How can anyone be offended by something so blatantly absurd? And if rape jokes are unacceptable regardless of context, what about jokes involving theft, robbery, murder, domestic violence, extortion, torture, kidnapping, etc? Surely the victims of the aforementioned crimes would be sensitive to any mention of them. Hell, how about we ban any jokes that could possibly offend anyone anywhere? Why are rape jokes the only ones that are apparently worth censoring?  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 3, 2013, 04:53 Jerykk

Blacklist is good stuff but the occasional forced alarm or confrontation is incredibly annoying. For example, there's one mission where you have to capture a guy on a subway train. They could have easily made this a stealth-able mission (as they did with the train level in Pandora Tomorrow), but instead they made it a shootout where every enemy knows where you are and is just waiting for you to enter through the only possible entrance.  

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 1, 2013, 19:45 Jerykk

Saint's Row 4 is fun but it's pretty obvious that it was rushed. Aside from recycling Steelport and most of the NPCs, vehicles and outfits, most of the side-quests are really half-assed and simply consist of "Go complete four random activities."

Thankfully, the superpowers change the gameplay enough to compensate for this but still, it would have been nice to see more original content.

13831 Comments. 692 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo